Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

HateTheInternet posted:

fervently against Tig Notaro

What, how is this possible, she's a droll angel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I don't know if anyone listened to the Doug Eats Food podcast on the nerdist network, but I wouldn't advise it. It's pretty drat boring.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

burmart posted:

I don't know if anyone listened to the Doug Eats Food podcast on the nerdist network, but I wouldn't advise it. It's pretty drat boring.

It's kinda like MATES but it replaces the excruciating monkeycheese with excruciating small talk. Also, listening to people describe delicious food is like culinary blue balls for me.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

An episode where Graham Elwood tries to convince Doug that gluten free vegan stuff is really good might be a funny episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

An episode where Graham Elwood tries to convince Doug that gluten free vegan stuff is really good might be a funny episode.

Or Howard Kremer? I'd listen to that

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm 45 minutes into today's DLM, and tempted to skip the rest of it just so I don't hear another loving Alan Rickman impression.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
I'm laughing so hard at today's ep there are literally tears in my eyes. "A beat slow enough for a white man to think"

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Today's episode is completely bonkers and I'm only half an hour in. I love it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Maltin Game was insane this week.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Oh my god this is an hour and a half of TJ Miller Voice isn't it? I don't know whether to weep for joy or run away screaming.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

There is a part where TJ does an impression of Pete's impression of TJ that made me incredibly happy.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

This was the funniest show in a while. You have to respect anyone who can make Graham and TJ look reserved in comparison.

Lamuella posted:

I'm 45 minutes into today's DLM, and tempted to skip the rest of it just so I don't hear another loving Alan Rickman impression.
Posting in a podcast thread, Miiisssterr Potter?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I listened to the rest. I think I must have paused just as it hit Peak Rickman as it dropped off after that.

The Malkovich bits worked well.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/
Wow, this week's episode is insane, but I honestly haven't laughed this hard at a DLM in a while. The back and forth between TJ and Pete is so good.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
I really liked the episode but Pete Holmes is starting to wear a bit thin for me. His blatant neediness is getting a bit grating. I kind of wish Marc Maron was still a huge rear end in a top hat so he could be legitimately devastating to him. It makes sense that he doesn't smoke weed; this is a huge :420: cliche but he's a textbook example of a guy who needs to learn how to smoke a bowl and chill.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Posting in a podcast thread, Miiisssterr Potter?
Legitimately LOLed at this.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk
I went to my first podcast taping last night. I'm the guy that says "Back to the Future" and "You're gonna hate yourself" on the episode that just came out this morning. My name tag was a box of Girl Scout cookies but I didn't get picked. I was creative last time during a stand-up show and didn't get picked and went uncreative this time and still didn't get picked.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

pork minstral posted:

I really liked the episode but Pete Holmes is starting to wear a bit thin for me. His blatant neediness is getting a bit grating. I kind of wish Marc Maron was still a huge rear end in a top hat so he could be legitimately devastating to him. It makes sense that he doesn't smoke weed; this is a huge :420: cliche but he's a textbook example of a guy who needs to learn how to smoke a bowl and chill.

Legitimately LOLed at this.

Sharp shooting in a corn field! Laser accuracy!

As annoying as Pete is I still love his podcast. I don't think there is anyone else out there that comes off as positive as he does.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Looks like Doug snuck in a free episode yesterday. Guests are Brendon Walsh, Dan Telfer and Steve Archer.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bunk Rogers posted:

Sharp shooting in a corn field! Laser accuracy!

As annoying as Pete is I still love his podcast. I don't think there is anyone else out there that comes off as positive as he does.

Pete Holmes owns and I love his podcast. If positive is what you're looking for you should also check out the Duncan Trussell Family Hour :woop:

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
My favorite part of last week's episode was Pete Holmes' dirty Brian Regan impression.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Kymera posted:

My favorite part of last week's episode was Pete Holmes' dirty Brian Regan impression.

That was probably mine too. And them making fun of Graham Elwood(loved how he went "Why are you laughing? Been hearing it all my life" to the audience all offended-like. As if they're supposed to know that?) and TJ Miller doing Pete Holmes doing TJ Miller was awesome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I loving love Pete Holmes. I really hope they can get him, TJ Miller and Jeff Garlin together one of these days for the loudest DLM ever.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This was the most boring ep.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Yeah.
One Word Review turned out to be an impossible category and that sucked.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
Doug did a show in my town the other night. He stuck around afterwards and took a photo with anybody who wanted one.

He played the Leonard Maltin game with an audience member. She brought a boston cream pie as her name tag. Doug decided to throw it across the room into a trash can. I almost got covered in smashed pie.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Doug did a show in my town the other night. He stuck around afterwards and took a photo with anybody who wanted one.

He played the Leonard Maltin game with an audience member. She brought a boston cream pie as her name tag. Doug decided to throw it across the room into a trash can. I almost got covered in smashed pie.

I was at that show too. I was not super impressed with Doug. Brendon Walsh was great though.

OldHansMoleman
Jan 4, 2004
I Hate Myself
my god doug looks terrible

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

OldHansMoleman posted:

my god doug looks terrible

Not for someone who's almost 50.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

LesterGroans posted:

Not for someone who's almost 50.

Some months ago he said on a podcast that he went to a preview screening of some movie in 1980 or so. My jaw dropped - I had no clue he was any older than 35 at that point.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

Golbez posted:

Some months ago he said on a podcast that he went to a preview screening of some movie in 1980 or so. My jaw dropped - I had no clue he was any older than 35 at that point.

He's IN Blade Runner!

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
He's probably one of the oldest guys firmly entrenched in the "UCB/alternative" scene in LA.
Edit: I guess Eddie Pepitone but I still often think of him as a NYC guy

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I was at that show too. I was not super impressed with Doug. Brendon Walsh was great though.

Yeah I was there too. Throwing the pie was funny, though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Golbez posted:

Yeah, I was completely shocked when I found out his age too. I had him pegged at almost 40. The fucker's actually Jon Hamm's elder.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

He's probably one of the oldest guys firmly entrenched in the "UCB/alternative" scene in LA.
Edit: I guess Eddie Pepitone but I still often think of him as a NYC guy

eeeh, the majority of the big players of the 90s "Alt comedy" (Aukerman, PFT, Oswalt, Louis, Cross/Odenkirk ect ect) are in their 40s, it's just that a handful like Doug and Sarah Silverman aged better than most.

Edit: VV he's 49 VV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 4, 2012

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
This made me google some of their ages which led to this page which is pretty great http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_123605/scott-aukerman/
Edit: I had also mistakenly thought Doug was 55 and not 51

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

New episode plopped.

Paul F. Tompkins, Cake Boss, and Ice-T

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

New episode plopped.

Paul F. Tompkins, Cake Boss, and Ice-T
:stare: iTunes cannot open quick enough

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I stopped listening because Cake Boss is so loving unfunny

But I could listen to another 30 minutes of Rickman, Malkovich, and DENVER! YEAH! so gently caress, what do I know.

EDIT: I was thinking of the last Comedy BangBang, not this DLM. Still I loving hate Cake Boss. And Andrew Lloyd Webber.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 4, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

traveling midget posted:

I stopped listening because Cake Boss is so loving unfunny

But I could listen to another 30 minutes of Rickman, Malkovich, and DENVER! YEAH! so gently caress, what do I know.

EDIT: I was thinking of the last Comedy BangBang, not this DLM. Still I loving hate Cake Boss. And Andrew Lloyd Webber.

You're weird.

As much as I enjoy PFT being everywhere, I just wish he'd stop appearing on everybody else's podcasts for a couple hours so he can appear on ep 17 of his own. :(

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You're weird.

As much as I enjoy PFT being everywhere, I just wish he'd stop appearing on everybody else's podcasts for a couple hours so he can appear on ep 17 of his own. :(

It's coming back! That's what he said at the end of DLM.
I liked this episode. I kinda hate cake boss but Ice-T was great and the build-a-title game was great.

Still, I want more Rickman and DENVER!

• Locked thread