Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

@EBischoff posted:

@ScottSteiner 50+ year old man pitching greasy fried chicken in Buford and wrestling indys in front of 250 fans...bitter?

Oh no he didn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ExplodeYourself posted:

Oh no he didn't!
Mr Bischoff, that's not wise!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It seems like Bischoff is always calling people who don't praise him or speak against him "bitter." And that's such a non-winnable argument to use. Its basically saying "u mad" to Steiner with a smarmy tone. And Steiner has a good point. Hogan/Bischoff are getting paid and taking TV time away from the lower guys trying to make it and getting their legs cut out from under them.

I don't think Hogan/Bischoff have made any progress in buyrates or ratings or affected the financial bottom line in any positve aspect. But they're out there on TV and they're making sure Eric's son is getting a big push at the expense of other actual wrestlers who don't have a famous daddy in charge. I'm pretty sure that with the horror stories we hear of low-card guys being paid poo poo and having to wait a long time for the little they do make that Garrett is being comparatively well-paid on time while having no actual wrestling skills to speak of. And Steiner saw something similar happen in WCW and so when he starts pointing out this poo poo all EB can do is go "bitter? :smug:" Obviously Steiner is not bitter, he's pissed off and calling out people he believes are driving TNA into the ground.

Goddam, Eric's arrogance and the way he's brushing this poo poo off pisses me off. gently caress Bischoff and Hogan's politicking.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Hogan being on TV more is probably going to make me quit watching TNA again, but I will never fail to support Scott Steiner in the TNA Twitter War. :patriot:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
How long until this turns into a program?

I'm setting the over/under at 6 weeks.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

ExplodeYourself posted:

Oh no he didn't!

Looking it up, Steiner's 49 so if you're gonna insult someone make sure you get it right Bitchoff. :smug:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Jelq Swagger posted:

Why doesn't Steiner have a podcast yet?

Holy poo poo that's a good idea. I would be willing to pay a dollar an episode for that.

"LET'S GO TO THE CALLERS!"

"Hello."

"HUH!?"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bitchoff vs Steiner Twitter war? Dear god I need me some popcorn.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

She was with DDP

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

bobkatt013 posted:

She was with DDP

Like all Steiner rants, he doesn't @ anyone, but I think he was mid-Hogan rant on this one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder if the Hogan sex tape wasn't put out there on purpose to provide a "clearly I like women, brother" excuse for him in the face of all the accusations of him being gay. Steiner sure does love to bring it up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Like all Steiner rants, he doesn't @ anyone, but I think he was mid-Hogan rant on this one.

Ah I thought that was directed towards Bitchoff.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

This is peak Steiner

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Scott Steiner on Twitter posted:

Hogans other bullshit idea was for fans to video tape wrestlers TMZ style and send them in

The report was true. :psyduck:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

To be fair, Steiner was one of the relatively useless castoffs they brought in at the expense of younger talent and was given ample time in the ring to wrestle bad matches for a, compared to the undercard, enormous paycheck.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 3, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
True, but the difference to me was that Steiner at least tried while a lot of the other "established" guys just got fat and lazy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oatgan posted:

To be fair, Steiner was one of the relatively useless castoffs they brought in at the expense of younger talent and was given ample time in the ring to wrestle bad matches for a, compared to the undercard, enormous paycheck.

dude got Petey Williams over for something other than a single move.

He also worked with all the younger guys(Styles, Joe, Daniels, Abyss).

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

coconono posted:

Petey Williams as Little Steiner was a complete waste of him imo.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Hogan and Bischoff suck but also Scott Steiner sucks. It would be best if we never heard from any of them again.

Just some food for thought.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cardboard Box posted:

Petey Williams as Little Steiner was a complete waste of him imo.

Yeah, as funny as Scott is when he's ripping on people we don't like, he's a roided-up rear end in a top hat who can't go anymore and yet refuses to retire.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

He also worked with all the younger guys(Styles, Joe, Daniels, Abyss).

I remember him going out of his way to have a good match with Samoa Joe back when Joe was still awesome and he did do his best to try and get the young guys over. Wasn't really his fault that TNA creative are loving idiots.

ExplodeYourself posted:

Oh no he didn't!

That isn't a burn, he doesn't work TNA house shows anymore.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Steiner did work hard a lot in TNA, and he was goddamned funny (and produced two of the greatest funny-bad promos ever as well as the POGO STICK moment). Also the Steiners/Dudleys feud was better than it should have been because of his promos.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Anyone who thinks Scott Steiner sucks probably shouldn't be a fan of wrestling.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Steiner is like Nash where I find their personalities interesting, but I wouldn't want to see either of them ever wrestle again.

There has to be a place in wrestling for an obnoxiously loud, ridiculously roided-up man that wears sunglasses and a chain mail over his head.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hirams Bitch posted:

Hogan and Bischoff suck but also Scott Steiner sucks. It would be best if we never heard from any of them again.

Just some food for thought.

The moment we stop hearing from Scott Steiner is the moment wrestling is dead.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Scott Steiner was constantly giving hilarious promos and was pulling out top rope at age 49 while guys like Rob Van Dam were developing their first beer bellies of their lives.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Oatgan posted:

The moment we stop hearing from Scott Steiner is the moment wrestling is dead.

So 5 years max.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

So 5 years max.

Give or take.

-edit-

Over/under, as we say.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

It's weird to think that there was a long period of time when we didn't realize Scott Steiner was loving insane.

It's weirder to think that period of time ended like 15 years ago.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Scott Steiner is NOT insane.

Scott Steiner is just an old school wrestler, cuts promos like an old school wrestler and has an attitude like an old school wrestler. The only thing I've disagreed with him about his Twitter rants was hating the Joseph Park character.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Scott Steiner is really awesome. Also, TNA would have been an awesome promotion with literally anyone but Dixie, Hogan, the Jarretts, Bischoff, and Russo involved. Sadly, they got the Royal Flush of terrible wrestling minds.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lone Rogue posted:

Scott Steiner is NOT insane.

Scott Steiner is just an old school wrestler, cuts promos like an old school wrestler and has an attitude like an old school wrestler. The only thing I've disagreed with him about his Twitter rants was hating the Joseph Park character.

Wrestling is a place where people like him can go unnoticed. It's not healthy and he should get help.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jelq Swagger posted:

Scott Steiner is really awesome. Also, TNA would have been an awesome promotion with literally anyone but Dixie, Hogan, the Jarretts, Bischoff, and Russo involved. Sadly, they got the Royal Flush of terrible wrestling minds.

Just think of if Dixie Carter said, "gently caress it" and gave Paul Heyman carte blanche in the company.

Not saying it would have been perfect but it would have been very good.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Wrestling is a place where people like him can go unnoticed. It's not healthy and he should get help.

It's genetics, man.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

Bocc Kob posted:

What does the number 609 mean? :ohdear:

Matlock posted:

South Jersey?

Central Jersey :colbert:. Where I'm from. Steiner knows whats up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
609 relates to the number of prostitutes that Garrett has killed before he got into wrestling to work out his aggression. Eric isn't pushing him out of nepotism, it's out of fear he'll strike again.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If Scott is taking his time out to do these long rear end tiwtter rants he must really care. I can never hate the guy for that. It is funny picturing him on a small rear end phone angrily smashing the keys for hours tweeting.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Steiner noticed Bischoff's tweet and is going off about Eric, TNA, and Shoney's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
As if I needed another reason to love Scott Steiner. I love Shoney's.

Has he revealed the meaning behind 609 yet?