Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Is that for an open league? Because that owns.

Also give me some feedback from the bottom of last page

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Is there an easy way to extract (e.g. to csv) complete season hitting/pitching stats for a league? I know I could go through each team and copy past the "Show as CSV" thing, but that doesn't feel efficient.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Raging Bull owns. I didn't know he had a 2B eligible year.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

foolish_fool posted:

Is there an easy way to extract (e.g. to csv) complete season hitting/pitching stats for a league? I know I could go through each team and copy past the "Show as CSV" thing, but that doesn't feel efficient.

At the end of a season, there is a link in the league page to the league's CSV (it's where I got all the info for the database I made!)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My OL team just hit a few doubles

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

Is that for an open league? Because that owns.

That will be my next goon rush team.

quote:

Also give me some feedback from the bottom of last page

Honestly I'm not sure the alignment of those guys will matter much. I'd probably stick with Green at 2B for now.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

My S18 team finally got booted out of the ToC in the elite 8. Here's to you, Larry Walker! :canada:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=17370470&pid=1&pbp=1

'08 Addie Joss really is the best pitcher

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Here's my skeleton for Random Captain. The problem of a deadball player pool: I have to pick a team that either can't hit or can't field.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I got Red Faber, so Shoeless Joe, Eddie Collins, Carl Reynolds, and some serious pitching. This could be interesting.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So with about 8 games left in the season and my playoff spot locked up, this is my open league team offense. Probably the best offense i've ever put together. Now if I could only construct a competent pitching staff around it.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ever wonder what happens when you clinch your division, and your playoff seeding is set, so you just throw the same AAA mopup guy to throw complete games for the final 8 games of the season?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My Red Faber random captain team. I'll probably redo this a few times

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Team went 91-71 and is Sam Thompson was #1 in practically every important offensive category. He hit something like 68 doubles. Kelly Mullen is probably the best AAA player i've ever seen. Let's see how this terrible pitching staff does in the playoffs. I don't think i'm going to make it too far.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

behold, the truest ace

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

A truly true ace would carry his team to playoff contention.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Pretty excited for this upcoming season in Hometown. Made some pretty significant improvements to a team that won 102 games last season.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Quasimango posted:

Well... this is certainly an IFA

Update: it doesn't look like this guy's going to sign with anyone. :lol:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

AlleyViper posted:

Pretty excited for this upcoming season in Hometown. Made some pretty significant improvements to a team that won 102 games last season.

I made upgrades to a 95-win team in GW1 and lost 83 with 13 games to go this season.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Finally went ahead and finished my RC team

I like this pool a lot more than I did initially, this is basically the most "me" team possible.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Pie Traynor :allears:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

nm, this explains it all. Kinda lame.

quote:

** Note: These rewards change for Standard and Diamond Legends Career Open leagues depending on the number of times an owner reaches the World Series in any league.
The 1st - 5th trips to the World Series yield the full value of the prizes mentioned above (100%).
The 6th - 10th trips to the World Series yield 75%.
The 10th trip and beyond yields 50%.

ee: they responded that ticket almost immediately but my HBD ticket is still awaiting a reply for more than a month now. What the gently caress.

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 3, 2012

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Haha, so they want to make superusers that never payout any money pay.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

DOMINICAN BOGGS OR OH poo poo THIS COSTS A LOT NOW

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Scrotos posted:

Haha, so they want to make superusers that never payout any money pay.

The real money isn't in winning OLs, it's in advancing in TOCs. That's one of the reasons I like Rule 5 so much - it tends to get in with a really weak TOC crop because of the strange cap; of my two WS teams there I've won one TOC and gotten to another TOC semis.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Oh I thought that applied to TOCs too. I miss-read so yea just screwing the usually OL gimmick teams. Good maybe Boggs will die in a fire.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

Good maybe Boggs will die in a fire.

I, uh...wouldn't get my hopes up...

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Scrotos posted:

Oh I thought that applied to TOCs too. I miss-read so yea just screwing the usually OL gimmick teams. Good maybe Boggs will die in a fire.

He always appears in the TOC winners list, so no.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
This generic open league team I started recently lost the first 3 games of the season quite badly, and then had this happen to win the 4th game:

I had to go to youtube to find out what a passed ball is.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Not as bad as losing in the 9th on a wild throw past 3b on a stolen base. King Kellllleeeeyyy :argh: CRAIG BIGGGIO!!!!! :argh::argh:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

toadee posted:

Not as bad as losing in the 9th on a wild throw past 3b on a stolen base. King Kellllleeeeyyy :argh: CRAIG BIGGGIO!!!!! :argh::argh:

Really wish I had screen grabbed that.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
this was a few days ago but still amuses me a lot. lol inning 8

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=17446298&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, I think for our next goon rush, we should all have self-identifying DOMINICAN BOGGS team names. I can use DOMINICAN JACOBY, ZJ can have DOMINICAN BAUTISTA, etc.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
As someone who's been out of the WIS loop for a while, but always kind of kept up with this thread, I gotta ask, what the heck is Dominican Boggs and why is it apparently so ridiculous? I think I figured out what the "Boggs" part means, but the rest has me lost.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Moe_Rahn posted:

As someone who's been out of the WIS loop for a while, but always kind of kept up with this thread, I gotta ask, what the heck is Dominican Boggs and why is it apparently so ridiculous? I think I figured out what the "Boggs" part means, but the rest has me lost.

http://whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/SimLeagueBaseball/?user=ligapelota

Pretty much every one of these teams is just a cookie meant to get ToC victories and reward points.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Devo posted:

http://whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/SimLeagueBaseball/?user=ligapelota

Pretty much every one of these teams is just a cookie meant to get ToC victories and reward points.
Okay that explains nothing whatsoever about what the term "Dominican Boggs" means. I figured out the point of these teams already, there's been a ton of different gimmick teams that people have used to farm rewards. I guess I was more curious about the origins and etymology of the term, because I don't really remember hearing anything about this particular one when I played.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
I don't think anyone knows much about it other than it's what ligapelota names all of his teams.

It's weird because he's seemingly so self-aware and deprecating about it sometimes, whether by random chance or not. I mean, how the gently caress is "DOMINICAN BOGGS OR SHIN-SOO CHOO" not a fake one that AV made up?

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Perhaps he's Dominican and likes Wade Boggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Moe_Rahn posted:

I guess I was more curious about the origins and etymology of the term, because I don't really remember hearing anything about this particular one when I played.

Nobody really knows about the origins of it other than it's what ligapelota names his teams. I don't recall you ever playing in Open Leagues much (if at all) so you wouldn't have been running into him the way other people have.

As far as the relation to goons is concerned, there's nothing more to it other than: we see his teams very often when we play open leagues (he's almost unavoidable, honestly) so it has become an in-joke.

I brought it up this particular time because I'm in this Tournament of Champions field:

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 11, 2012

• Locked thread