Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*camera pans through what is obviously a gay club, booming with music and men, and zooms in on one man, a worker at the club, a man who is more than he appears. camera zooms in on his name tag until it fills the screen*

RAINBO

*disco music and explosions*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

:3:

Here's a preview of tomorrow's excitement:

Hahahaha, at first I thought this was a pun about the RVSP for the party on Saturday then I realized you said "tomorrow" and I have no sense of dates or time

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Z3n posted:

:3:

Here's a preview of tomorrow's excitement:

That's great!
I'm about to cheap out and buy a bunch of body glitter and just use that.

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.
I kept reading it as RAMBO and now I really wish I had photoshop.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Must be taking more inspiration from Ducati than I thought.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bed liner for fans of disco. I am so down.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slim Pickens posted:

I don't think it's gonna turn out like that but we can always hope, right? :buddy:

Brought the parts back home for test fit and taping:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slim Pickens posted:

Bass boat...

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Now I want a bike with one half of a bench grinder attached to headlight.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Korwen posted:

Now I want a bike with one half of a bench grinder attached to headlight.

That's a single sided grinder, thank you very much.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I just spent a solid minute running ideas through my head of what around my house I could get away with coating in a layer of glitter. I bet you did the same when you got that. In fact, I know you did.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

I got the job, super excited about that, I'll start on Monday.

For the IT-security/conference company you IM'd me about? If so, congrats! They seem solid.

Just do me a personal favor: I know you'll be working backstage doing sysadmin tasks. You'll probably have physical access to racks upon racks of servers, routers and firewalls. Those are partable. Do not part out those things and trade them on ebay for new and better parts before you're well within your 4th month of employment!.

Z3n posted:

I learned a lot while welding it, and I still have some prettying up to do on it,

You're picking up the TIG skills way faster than I expected you would. Judging from that half-blurry picture, you've chosen the right teacher. Half an hour with a hand file and some wet sanding, and that part will look smashing.

Next project should be minor frame modifications. I just recently discovered that a KZ1300 engine might fit in a 250 Ninja frame with just slight modifications and nothing involving geometry or stressed parts. You wouldn't be silly enough to do something like that though. No, you wouldn't.

Sir Cornelius fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 4, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phone posting but this poo poo is loving :laffo:

More glitter than a junior high prom night.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Z3n posted:

Just in spite of my wrecked bike huh... HUH Z3n :(

Nah, they look awesome :respek:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Dude

Dude what.

Close up pic with flash? :buddy:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Out getting food while they harden up. Will get more pictures when I get back.

So who wants to draw me a mad maxed rainbow brite character to put on the bike? :buddy:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'll collab with my girlfriend and try to get something done for you tonight!

Find me a source pic and a general idea of what you want done and I can work with it.

Also, this is pretty neat:

http://io9.com/5477868/post+apocalyptic-strawberry-shortcake-leads-80s-toys-rebellion/gallery/2

edit: so is this pretty close? found it via ~The Internet~

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 5, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I am not putting animes on my bike no thank you sir. That is a BRIDGE TOO FAR

Gotta wait a few days to remount the tires, the rims are still really soft :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sir Cornelius posted:

For the IT-security/conference company you IM'd me about? If so, congrats! They seem solid.

Yeah, that one.

quote:

Just do me a personal favor: I know you'll be working backstage doing sysadmin tasks. You'll probably have physical access to racks upon racks of servers, routers and firewalls. Those are partable. Do not part out those things and trade them on ebay for new and better parts before you're well within your 4th month of employment!.

We'll see if they mesh with my unconventional upgrade style. On the bright side, it's motorcycle friendly, which is kind of a must for me.

quote:

You're picking up the TIG skills way faster than I expected you would. Judging from that half-blurry picture, you've chosen the right teacher. Half an hour with a hand file and some wet sanding, and that part will look smashing.

All the good looking welds ended up on the inside of the headlight mount...if people would like pictures I can grab some, I'm just lazy. The crappy ones are all on the outside.

quote:

Next project should be minor frame modifications. I just recently discovered that a KZ1300 engine might fit in a 250 Ninja frame with just slight modifications and nothing involving geometry or stressed parts. You wouldn't be silly enough to do something like that though. No, you wouldn't.

I have bad luck with Kawasaki I6es.

Edit: whoops meant to fold this into the earlier post. :doh:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

I am not putting animes on my bike no thank you sir. That is a BRIDGE TOO FAR

That ain't anime, sir. That's just standard concept art!
:goonsay:

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Real men don't put no stinkin' concepts on their bikes. Just glitter.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Pssh, Z3n asked for Mad Max Rainbow Brite and he got it. For a while I wanted to make a Space Marine army painted with nothing but glitter and nail polish :colbert:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

I have bad luck with Kawasaki I6es.

Well, I personally know somebody that think you misspelled Honda in the above statement. Compared to a CBX a KZ is both more solid and easier to wrench. Also easier to force-feed ;)

But ok, just for you I did an additional geometric test-fit. 750 and 900 SEI engines will fit too. For both engines you'll be able to use the lower rear mount. Good luck finding a SEI these days though. A car totaled my 750 two decades ago.

Reality check around where I live: KZ1300 - available and cheap. CBX - available and expensive as gently caress. 750/900 SEI - wrapped around trees and long forgotten.

I guess our I6 dreams just died with your irrational hate for the KZ :(

Let's talk I3s in a SV650 frame then. A GT750 engine might fit with almost no frame modification. poo poo, I just provided myself another awful idea.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

This is amazing and I demand a video of them in motion

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sir Cornelius posted:

Well, I personally know somebody that think you misspelled Honda in the above statement. Compared to a CBX a KZ is both more solid and easier to wrench. Also easier to force-feed ;)

But ok, just for you I did an additional geometric test-fit. 750 and 900 SEI engines will fit too. For both engines you'll be able to use the lower rear mount. Good luck finding a SEI these days though. A car totaled my 750 two decades ago.

Reality check around where I live: KZ1300 - available and cheap. CBX - available and expensive as gently caress. 750/900 SEI - wrapped around trees and long forgotten.

I guess our I6 dreams just died with your irrational hate for the KZ :(

Let's talk I3s in a SV650 frame then. A GT750 engine might fit with almost no frame modification. poo poo, I just provided myself another awful idea.

I'll get there. I was thinking Triumph 675 engine in an SV650 but that will probably have to wait for awhile now that I have a job and all. On the bright side, a steady paycheck buys a lot of tubing and stuff.

I don't hate the KZ. I just have bad luck with them. I'll get a good one one day.

Olde Weird Tip: Am I doing it right :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgvaL77vbk

Z3n fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 5, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Even the camera averts its gaze.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Oh my god, I love that. It's so outrageous!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Olde Weird Tip: Am I doing it right :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgvaL77vbk

That, my internet friend, is a thing of beauty

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Looks so much better in person. :D

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I wanna see it wheelieing down the road.

Man, you could probably make a killing selling those to ruff riders too.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. It's worked out nicely, been a big hit with everyone.

Gnaghi posted:

I wanna see it wheelieing down the road.

Man, you could probably make a killing selling those to ruff riders too.

I'll get there :) It's still up on stands, I'm waiting for things to harden up before I remount the tires to attempt to avoid gouges.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Swingarm looks like poo poo now bro

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Spiffness posted:

Swingarm looks like poo poo now bro

*Z3n does swingarm*
"Something else looks like poo poo bro, do that too."

Soon, the the gas will GLITTER.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bedliner swingarm.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Put a fairing on your bike and paint it like the backgrounds of Die Antwoord's music videos

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Xovaan posted:

Put a fairing on your bike and paint it like the backgrounds of Die Antwoord's music videos

PenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenisPenis

Arcane
Nov 19, 2003

There are no girls on the internet!

Xovaan posted:

You and Z3n's roommate are no longer allowed to hang out.

But the bike does look so pretty! Z3n you should wear my rainbow bright socks with this bike. I'd say the whole outfit but I think we're different sizes.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I see no wieners in this. It's just Afrikaans children's folk art! :colbert:

:colbert:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I don't see any either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Odette posted:

*Z3n does swingarm*
"Something else looks like poo poo bro, do that too."

Soon, the the gas will GLITTER.

I fear I've caught something I can't give up.

Anyways, first day at the new job today and it was incredibly awesome so I'm like...super, super excited.

Will probably not get to projects until this weekend. Maybe tomorrow, but probably this weekend. Going to bed early so I can get up and get to work tomorrow :neckbeard:

• Locked thread