Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Curse you GnarlyCharly I'm blaming you for this since I found this off of one of your vids, I can't be buying a bike right now but I'm already scanning CL, dammit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmyj1XQ4rVA&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So... the FAIL bike is for sale still... I hope it doesn't last another three weeks or I will be making a road trip to Cali with cash.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

hayden. posted:

Is there a particular model people run in the superstock there? It's anything up to 250cc which seems like it's unlikely anything other than the big bore scooters could ever win.

I'm moving to the west coast soon and I intend on racing with these guys. It'd be cool to run a Ruckus or something but I doubt it'd be competitive without throwing a ton of money on upgrades and racing in the under-190cc class.

I have no idea, actually. I haven't made it out to watch an event and, surprisingly, haven't met anyone who races.

All their classes look open to any model, SuperStock just limits the amount and types of mods that can be done.

If I were doing it I'd be looking for a ~150cc CVT - an Italjet Dragster 180cc 2-stroke would be amazing, but they're pretty rare. A Stella would be a great base, too: 150cc 4-speed 2-stroke with a massive aftermarket.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Snowdens Secret posted:

Curse you GnarlyCharly I'm blaming you for this since I found this off of one of your vids, I can't be buying a bike right now but I'm already scanning CL, dammit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmyj1XQ4rVA&feature=related

Who knows? maybe you'll run into some awesome deals!

Good luck, start a thread, and if you need any parts/advice just PM or email me. I'd be glad to help.

P.S. try and find a 75 they have hotter cams :D

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

So... the FAIL bike is for sale still...

You left out the best picture, though.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I know the guys who did that bike, drop me a PM if you're really interested in it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I saw that.
Will PM.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
:love:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My coworkers are awesome. This was sitting at my desk this morning with a note attached that said "For the Bandit".

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh1pSbu4a5g&feature=youtu.be

This is a pretty sweet video: Red Bull free riding madness in Rio. The only problem is that the vid's not nearly long enough.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

:O that's a pretty big snail you got there, what's it from originally? Also I'd check it for... shaftplay :quagmire:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

50 psi turbo from a caterpillar is all I have on it so far. It's huge and weighs like 50 lbs

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Olde Weird Tip posted:

50 psi turbo from a caterpillar is all I have on it so far. It's huge and weighs like 50 lbs

You should use it as the heaviest paperweight.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Put soil in it and grow a single rose out of the tube.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Ola posted:

Put soil in it and grow a single rose out of the tube.

roses do not work that way :morbo:

look at this top secret blueplan i found for the future ducati scooter:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

hayden. posted:

Oh! Uhm...it's better with one rose in a turbo than ten as a bush.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

hayden. posted:

No self-respecting Ducati owner would just have a plebeian "coffee machine." Only the finest Italian espresso for these connoisseurs.

Also: Ducati did make scooters. The Cruiser 175, in the '50s:

And the Brio - which I only heard of just now looking for Cruiser pics - in the '60s:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Where's the cup holder?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I find that picture apt considering the number of monsters I see in Seattle.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Another old Buffalo Chip photo

3 more months. They just announced Buckcherry. I think they're awful but I won't care.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

hayden. posted:

Did someone draw that fucker in AutoCAD and then extrude the whole thing? I love how the cup is now a trough.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Fogarty would like say hello to the all the Ducati haters.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It's hard to tell with the helmet over his eyes but he's actually flipping off his own bike as it falls on top of him. Later his foot was shredded by the exposed dry clutch.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

hayden. posted:

It's hard to tell with the helmet over his eyes but he's actually flipping off his own bike as it falls on top of him. Later his foot was shredded by the exposed dry clutch.

That's how big your monster tank would need to be to fit 2 gallons in it. Because of the amount of crap crammed underneath those tanks.

Bazacko
Nov 23, 2008
This is what I feel like on my EX500:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GbLdmypMmU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aw come on, it's just the airbox, battery and some other electronic gizmos. The stock tank fits a shade over 4 gallons.

Ruben Xaus doing what he does best.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 4, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bazacko posted:

This is the greatest thing ever submitted to Youtube.

I'm gonna send it to anyone who asks what it's like to ride a motorcycle.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Bazacko posted:

That link far exceeded expectations.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Bazacko posted:

I would love to know what he's saying... aside from Kawasaki.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Bazacko posted:

You have no idea how much I hate you for that.

orthod0ks posted:

I would love to know what he's saying... aside from Kawasaki.

Almost as much as I hate you for that.

A Japanese machine,
500cc's,
Driven by a Balkan man,
A real macho man
Kawasaki, Kawasaki,
When speeding on the road,
Every chick wants to ride it,
Even for just a minute

gently caress me, it's even worse written down. It goes on, and it doesn't get better, but I didn't leave the Old Country all those years ago to be subjected to this poo poo again.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Trabant posted:

You have no idea how much I hate you for that.

Almost as much as I hate you for that.

A Japanese machine,
500cc's,
Driven by a Balkan man,
A real macho man
Kawasaki, Kawasaki,
When speeding on the road,
Every chick wants to ride it,
Even for just a minute

gently caress me, it's even worse written down. It goes on, and it doesn't get better, but I didn't leave the Old Country all those years ago to be subjected to this poo poo again.

You're doing God's work.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Stopped at Cafe Stella in Norfolk to meet a friend and parked next to someone's rad Suzuki project. I need to hurry up and buy a house with a garage so I can get going on a cafe racer. If it were me I'd have put the mirrors on the bar ends, but that's me.

In other news, the Evo 4G's camera is a giant piece of poo poo.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TheScott2K posted:

Stopped at Cafe Stella in Norfolk to meet a friend and parked next to someone's rad Suzuki project. I need to hurry up and buy a house with a garage so I can get going on a cafe racer. If it were me I'd have put the mirrors on the bar ends, but that's me.

My buddy put barend mirrors on his bike. I think they're a pain in the rear end and basically useless. Plus it makes it very difficult to get through tight spaces and they're more prone to getting damaged.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
No front fender and upside down bars, that must be a miserable ride.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ghetto rigged my gopro to my Kriega R35 using some cable ties and the base its comes mounted on in the pack, worked pretty well for 5 minutes work. need to move it down though as I kept bonking it with my helmet when I looked down and left.
I never use the front pockets on the chestplate of the bag so I'm thinking of mounting it permanently inside one of them and carefully cutting out a hole for the mount to stick through.

here is the most interesting bit of the test drive, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itg8oCg2T8

i messed up clipping out this section and then youtube compressed it wierd, the actual video quality is excellent.

edit: meant to post this in the helmet cam thread

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Living on Lake Michigan my whole life I sometimes forget to go take pictures of/by it

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I have an urge to get on that motorcycle and ride down onto the beach. Just one little loop! You can do it! Air down those tires to 8psi.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

TheScott2K posted:

That guy has been trying to sell that suzuki on craigslist for like $4800 for the past three months.

I'm currently doing a cafe on 79 cb650.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MotoMind posted:

I have an urge to get on that motorcycle and ride down onto the beach. Just one little loop! You can do it! Air down those tires to 8psi.

Tell me about it, between that bike and the RV90, which was built to cruise on sand, I cant stand not going on the beach. Maybe thats why I dont take many pictiures by it. The city is extremely protective of the beach (which, I can see, it generates tons of money and tourism), and the ticket for taking a non-city vehicle on there is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toolshed
Sep 1, 2001

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Tell me about it, between that bike and the RV90, which was built to cruise on sand, I cant stand not going on the beach. Maybe thats why I dont take many pictiures by it. The city is extremely protective of the beach (which, I can see, it generates tons of money and tourism), and the ticket for taking a non-city vehicle on there is insane.

PoHo? I remember my friends saying that the ticket was (several) hundred dollars.