Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It would be even better if they went through with their april fools joke, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Gravy Jones posted:

The contrast of your purchases with mine amuses me. That Super Star Destroyer is a loving beast.

:) Well I love the star wars UCS line, and the few I have passed up years later I have had to pay a fortune to get the bloody things. I do understand its longer than my UCS Star destroyer so why not get it at a discount while I could.

I can't recommend earth defense hq enough, its great!

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
I'm at Afolcon.. All the talks have been great... Especially the keynote talks from Lego employees. Here's the ninja snake train, designed by Mark Stafford:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MichaelFlatley posted:

I'm at Afolcon.. All the talks have been great... Especially the keynote talks from Lego employees. Here's the ninja snake train, designed by Mark Stafford:

Ok that's pretty rad, imagine rebuilding it in dark red with stripes.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Mark Stafford does amazing work, his prototypes for lego always wow me compared to what get released.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/297359 a heavy ADU viper, it is one of the things he made that just feels right in every day.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Merchant of Death posted:

Mark Stafford does amazing work, his prototypes for lego always wow me compared to what get released.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/297359 a heavy ADU viper, it is one of the things he made that just feels right in every day.

I wasn't all that much of a fan of that series, outside the tripod walker, but that thing is slick and I would have bought one.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Yep, that's here along with a half built command centre (Mark needs more wheels)

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Lizard Combatant posted:

To hell with those guys, this is straight up decency from Lego.

I'd like to believe it's true, but the top ten most expensive "bricks" on Bricklink aren't bricks at all.

Then again, they did re-release the Maersk Blue Minifig, Headgear Construction Helmet in 2011, which took prices from a couple hundred dollars down to about a buck fifty.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

einTier posted:

I'd like to believe it's true, but the top ten most expensive "bricks" on Bricklink aren't bricks at all.

Then again, they did re-release the Maersk Blue Minifig, Headgear Construction Helmet in 2011, which took prices from a couple hundred dollars down to about a buck fifty.

Oh come on, most of those are from ludicrous collectors that think they're sitting on a goldmine. They're probably talking about more realistic stuff, like pieces in large, expensive sets that were only produced in a certain color for that set, or unique new pieces that were introduced in just one or two sets initially.

Though it would be funny if Lego looked at your link and said "Hey, lets re-release all of these in a baggie for $40 a pop!"

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Drove past AFOLcon because I was taking the kid to the discovery centre today (getting the most out of our season passes before they expire. I was amused by how many vans and cars with roofboxes were in the parking lot. Looking forward to the show this weekend.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I just want them to make more monorail track, even though I know it will never ever happen :(

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Batman 2 was just announced for june 22, the LotR game was announced and the Sopwith Camel (with string controlled flaps from the joystick) was shown!

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
And any adults attending the public days on Sat/Sun are welcome to come to the afol sessions after the show finishes.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

MichaelFlatley posted:

Yep, that's here along with a half built command centre (Mark needs more wheels)

drat, I haven't seen that yet and it looks amazing. I could just imagine that behemoth rolling down the street fighting alien invaders.

Honeydew
Nov 27, 2005

That's a very nice jaffa cake you have there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8_DCZjKnV0
Well that was embarrassing...

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

InfinEight posted:

They're probably talking about more realistic stuff, like pieces in large, expensive sets that were only produced in a certain color for that set, or unique new pieces that were introduced in just one or two sets initially.
I know in the "meet the designers" videos, they talk about how certain sets give you hundreds of cheese slopes and such.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Is there any way to get the US lego shop to ship internationally? I want the SSD and its so much cheaper there.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Son of a bitch, they dropped the Greivous starfighter for the May 4th promo :argh:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I was totally going to buy the Imperial Shuttle and then they sold out.

gently caress!

Also, my girlfriend's co-worker had their card stolen. Apparently whoever took it spent 500 dollars on Lego. She was confused as to what kind of person would spend 500 dollars on Lego. My girlfriend had to walk away without laughing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Boondock Saint posted:

Also, my girlfriend's co-worker had their card stolen. Apparently whoever took it spent 500 dollars on Lego. She was confused as to what kind of person would spend 500 dollars on Lego. My girlfriend had to walk away without laughing.

Congratulations on becoming the prime suspect.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I can't justify spending $320 on the Super Star Destroyer, right guys? It's a good deal, but I have so much other unbuilt Lego... :psyduck:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Congratulations on becoming the prime suspect.

Well considering the shuttle is technically back in stock and I just ordered it(shipping May 25th), I sure as hell just made myself look like the culprit! :v:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Ninja Bob posted:

I can't justify spending $320 on the Super Star Destroyer, right guys? It's a good deal, but I have so much other unbuilt Lego... :psyduck:

Do it! There is nothing worse than passing up on a UCS set and then the aftermarket kicking you in the rear end. I wanted the Imperial Flagship and couldn't get it in time now it would cost me about $100-150 above MRSP and it hasn't even been off the shelves for 6 months.

LordEvilElmo
Feb 8, 2004

The box... Says no

Atmus posted:

I just want them to make more monorail track, even though I know it will never ever happen :(

Maybe a little late in responding, but I have some monorail track I'd happily part with. Its incomplete due to being in my parents basement, but it would work well for an extension!

LordEvilElmo fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 4, 2012

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

SSD will probably still be on sale may 4th of next year, right?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ninja Bob posted:

I just bought the Shuttle despite my girlfriend's protests. Do it :colbert:

Does anyone know if the Lego VIP points automatically carry over or what? I can't find a balance summary anywhere and after spending 200 on Lego, I'd like it if I got my 200 points at least.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Boondock Saint posted:

I just bought the Shuttle despite my girlfriend's protests. Do it :colbert:

Does anyone know if the Lego VIP points automatically carry over or what? I can't find a balance summary anywhere and after spending 200 on Lego, I'd like it if I got my 200 points at least.

My wife got me the shuttle for my birthday :buddy:

So, I picked up the SSD myself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just want to take out a loan, buy 20 SSDs, and shove'em in airtight crates for ten years.

Hey, it worked for the UCS Death Star!

I love the sweet little NNENN reference on it. :3:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Torael_7 posted:

My wife got me the shuttle for my birthday :buddy:

So, I picked up the SSD myself.

I shouldn't complain though, she did buy me the Expedition Shuttle last week :D

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress, Earth Defense HQ sold out. I was literally putting it in my cart to check out, and by the time I got to the cart screen, it had been removed from my cart. God drat it!

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress, Earth Defense HQ sold out. I was literally putting it in my cart to check out, and by the time I got to the cart screen, it had been removed from my cart. God drat it!

It has been sold out since before easter, but keeps popping back up as available and 50% off but when you try buy it the order will get cancelled if it goes through. It also has shown up as avaiable but $0 for me and wouldn't let me buy :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, apparently they had some earlier today, I called S@H and asked if since I'd had it in my cart I could still purchase it, and they said that this was the final lot of them and that they could not fill the order because they literally had none left.

I really wanted one(or two) but oh well.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
That bites, It is really hard to get deals on lego in canada and I tend to have friends who go on exercise down to the USA pick me up stuff. Even at regular price in the states its like lego being 25% off here.

The same thing happened with me and the imperial flagship during the black friday sale, I had it and everything went through and 4 days later they cancel my order due to lack of stock and I wasn't the only one a bunch of people on eurobricks had the same thing happen with the black friday sales.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Basically I think if you are logged in and add something to your cart, it should reserve those items for 15 minutes before making them available to everyone else again. As it is a disincentive to browse the rest of the shop.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Boondock Saint posted:

On Shop@Home it shows your balance in the almost top/right hand corner.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Boondock Saint posted:

I'm pretty sure you get the points after the order is processed and the items have shipped, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Yeah, in your account where it shows how many points you have, it says 'May take 24 hours to update.'

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
The 19$ tax almost made me not buy the super star destroyer. I'm really tempted to buy another just to hold on to.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Duvel posted:

The 19$ tax almost made me not buy the super star destroyer. I'm really tempted to buy another just to hold on to.
Tax here is 13% I wish tax on that thing was only $19.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

MichaelFlatley posted:

the LotR game was announced

I'm suprised this hasn't caused more of a stir. I guess everyone thought it was pretty much a given. Still, I'm pretty happy about it.

With all the guests and announcements and stuff it really seems like Afolcon/The Lego Show has become a pretty big deal which is impressive considering its only in it's second year.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Gravy Jones posted:

I'm suprised this hasn't caused more of a stir. I guess everyone thought it was pretty much a given. Still, I'm pretty happy about it.

Wait, what?!?!?

Man, if Adam MCA didn't pass away today, today would surely be an awesome day. :(

EDIT: That Sopwith....oh my god.