Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

echomadman posted:

Ghetto rigged my gopro to my Kriega R35 using some cable ties and the base its comes mounted on in the pack, worked pretty well for 5 minutes work. need to move it down though as I kept bonking it with my helmet when I looked down and left.
I never use the front pockets on the chestplate of the bag so I'm thinking of mounting it permanently inside one of them and carefully cutting out a hole for the mount to stick through.

here is the most interesting bit of the test drive, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itg8oCg2T8

i messed up clipping out this section and then youtube compressed it wierd, the actual video quality is excellent.

Hah, spinning dog indeed. I was thinking of getting or making a chest mount but maybe I should take your approach and make an attachment to my R25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

front wing flexing posted:

That guy has been trying to sell that suzuki on craigslist for like $4800 for the past three months.

I'm currently doing a cafe on 79 cb650.

Someone's dreaming.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

TheScott2K posted:

Someone's dreaming.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, from the craigslist pictures it looks okay, the picture you posted actually makes it look decent but at that price point? No way.

It's also a weird bike to cafe out because of the shape of the tank and the way it curves.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

That's...remarkable.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
In the future, Donald Pleasence rules the world.
Only one man, and his super-smart motorcycle, can save us:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MotoMind posted:

I have an urge to get on that motorcycle and ride down onto the beach. Just one little loop! You can do it! Air down those tires to 8psi.
Yeah I had that urge once.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Love him or hate him, that guy probably gets more action at 53 loving years old than most of us did at 21.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.

hayden. posted:

On the other end of the spectrum, here's a full size motorcycle with a 50cc engine:

Derbi GPR 50

A friend of mine had one of these, and it was seriously the most disappointing ride I've ever taken. You take a look at the bike and think it's gonna be OK, but then you twist the throttle and what a let down. And I was daily driving a CBR150 at the time, so you can imagine how terrible the performance was! It was almost criminal that they wasted that bike on that engine.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

slidebite posted:

Love him or hate him, that guy probably gets more action at 53 loving years old than most of us did at 21.

PR contains some of the best riding music ever, period. It was likely written on a bike, and you can sort of tell. Try keeping your feet from dancing off the pegs during Computer Blue the whole damned thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

toolshed posted:

PoHo? I remember my friends saying that the ticket was (several) hundred dollars.

I do not know what PoHo is.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I do not know what PoHo is.

Port Huron. I cheated.

But I do know what a VanVan is. And they look like a blast.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Pope Mobile posted:

My friend and I just watched that movie yesterday.... what a pile. Pretty sweet fairing on that bike though lol

Remember this? I LOL every time I read it.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Reminds me of the infamous "Motocross Training" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmsY1cppie0

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

...but we all know that sidecar motocross = best motocross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_GC_m2e0nzY#t=694s

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Pope Mobile posted:

MST3K did this movie, it's one of my favorites.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

AncientTV posted:

MST3K did this movie, it's one of my favorites.

I'm trying to google to find what episode/season it was, would you happen to know?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Warrior of the Lost World, episode 501.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
If you have Netflix, the MST3K episode is available for streaming.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Oh that explains it, I thought it was Megaforce by the Google results I got.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Got my first bike a couple of days ago. Went out for 3 hours today around San Diego.

I took a planned turn and after 2 miles it turned into a dirt road. Rather than backtrack, I just said gently caress it and took the bumpy road for 4 miles. It was pretty fun and I did slide a bit.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 6, 2012

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
That's not SD, we don't have lakes here!

Seriously though, what lake is that? East county somewhere?

VV Edit: Ah yeah, I never really have a reason to go south of downtown. I usually head up towards Ramona/Julian/Palomar area when I go for a longer ride.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 6, 2012

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Otay lake. It's south.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Pope Mobile posted:

"We can only change two things about this bike, change them as much as possible."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261011830131+&viewitem=#v4-39

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Not really sure which thread to put these in. My bike dealer had a spring open house with some interesting turnout. There were a bunch of heavily race-modded sportbikes that left before I started taking pictures (S1000RR, RSV4, 20 years worth of Ducatis.) What I did get shots of:

Tuono V4, Bimota Tesi

BSA thumper, BMW, Norton

BSA 650 with deliberately mismatched parts

Thumpers

Moto Guzzi with working police kit

Vespa

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Very nice show of bikes. I love the police Guzzi, you could spend whole days in that saddle no problem.

Spotted this Firebolt XB12R at work today, Buells are extremely uncommon 'round these parts.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
The cutest highside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPi7EVc8mHc

Crosspost from the track thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvtR_JZ5F-0&t=1130s
A starbucks cup must have caught his eye :v:

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 8, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Gullous posted:

Definitely a suspension setup issue.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

KozmoNaut posted:

Very nice show of bikes. I love the police Guzzi, you could spend whole days in that saddle no problem.

Spotted this Firebolt XB12R at work today, Buells are extremely uncommon 'round these parts.

There's an 1125R for sale on my local CL. I'm pretty sure I've rode the bike before. He wants $6k and gently caress me if it's not tempting to go take out a loan for it. The only thing stopping me is parts availability after I inevitably wad it up because there's so much torque

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gullous posted:

The cutest highside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPi7EVc8mHc

That's the last big sweeper at Pacific Raceways before the straight. The asphalt is absolute poo poo and nearly every crash I've seen happen at that track happens on that turn. Usually the front washes out, though.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I park at a motorcycle park every day and I see quite a few cool bikes, but every now and then something like this pops up.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Very close to what I want to build, but I want to use a v-twin.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

[/quote]

Holy hell.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Mcqueen posted:

Holy hell.
[/quote]

He reports that he'd cranked his steering damper up and it didn't turn for poo poo when he went slow...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
what is it with BMW and :pwn:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It looks awesome on the S1000RR, and they say it's about weight. I like it anyway.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That slight angle on the left light makes it look as though the bike's saying "The gently caress you on about, mate?"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

can't tell if hipster-gram or legitimate light leak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

can't tell if hipster-gram or legitimate light leak

Still cool either way.