Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Safety Dance posted:

If you can find any little signs talking about something that's going to happen in the future, that could be interesting too.

There's one in every crowd I tells ya
(or several as it seems here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

(Bonus shot of said demon dwelling. Don't stare for too long though... ):ghost:

This weekend I passed a road called Whalebone Gulch. :siren:Post a funny sign.:siren: It can be a street, a business, whatever.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Legerdemain posted:

(Bonus shot of said demon dwelling. Don't stare for too long though... ):ghost:

This weekend I passed a road called Whalebone Gulch. :siren:Post a funny sign.:siren: It can be a street, a business, whatever.

Crap I have a great one but my bike is in pieces.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

Crap I have a great one but my bike is in pieces.

:frogout:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

We have tsunami evacuation route signs. And one sign that says "no parking within 25 feet of this sign"

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

poo poo, I was out and about today for a ride and forgot to stop at Wet Dreams Aquatics :( I was stopped there D:!

(Well, at the block of shops its a part of :( )

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
I have decided, when I take a trip across the U.S., Alaska is worth the extra miles it takes to get there.

Missed the last challenge, but here is the photo anyway.

The wonder caves are abandoned, but they are still on the P.O.I. signs on the highway. Me and a few friends have been spelunking in them a few times.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
This isn't funny so much as weird, but I stopped for a photo so here it is anyway.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I chuckled at "does getting drunk help?", I think you're good.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
Okay then, if that photo is alright Legerdemain, please :siren: post a picture of your bike next to a diner.:siren: Bonus points if it has a shiny metal exterior.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
Yes, you're good to go! What was that sign for, just a bit of street art?

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
Excellent, thanks. Yeah, it's street art painted on the side of a building in Marfa, Texas, which is kind of an interesting place. I rode past the "Prada store" outside of Valentine today too, but I didn't stop. It's a mock-up of a store in the middle of the desert. Odd stuff.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Ghost Cactus posted:

Okay then, if that photo is alright Legerdemain, please :siren: post a picture of your bike next to a diner.:siren: Bonus points if it has a shiny metal exterior.

Eagle Rock Cafe Laidley.

:siren:Your bike with another group of bikes (parked out front of a coffee shop on a ride with a bunch of random bikes for example):siren:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shimrod posted:

:siren:Your bike with another group of bikes (parked out front of a coffee shop on a ride with a bunch of random bikes for example):siren:

Took this in front of cyclegear earlier. If acceptable,

:siren:You posed next to your bike Micromancer style:siren:

For reference: http://imgur.com/LgJOr Manthong not required.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Took this in front of cyclegear earlier. If acceptable,

:siren:You posed next to your bike Micromancer style:siren:

Good enough for me!

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Of all the wtf in this pic the vidya game guitars got me.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

If this challenge is still active tomorrow.. I got this. I'm out of town right now or I'd nail it down today

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Goons.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Y'all should read this thread for inspiration http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480488&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I'm waiting for Wayne Gretzky Paul Coffey to make an appearance.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Had to put on timer and it ran out of battery after this shot, good enough?

If so, :siren: Your bike next to modern abstract art :siren:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CloFan posted:

Had to put on timer and it ran out of battery after this shot, good enough?

If so, :siren: Your bike next to modern abstract art :siren:

LOL perfect

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh god, that's horrifyingly beautiful.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
e: wrong forum, idiot.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I actually meant to get my face in there, as the look micromancer gives is a big part of the picture. When I went to retake is when it died, which in hindsight is probably a Good Thing.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I could have easily done this one but since I park my bike in a common area I wasnt too comfortable actually doing it. :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CloFan posted:

I actually meant to get my face in there, as the look micromancer gives is a big part of the picture. When I went to retake is when it died, which in hindsight is probably a Good Thing.

That is amazing.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I can't compete with that last one, so heres the next challenge.

:siren: Post your bike on a playground. :siren:

Bonus points for kids. Double bonus points for shocked mothers.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
How do you like your Pelicans (threadjack!)?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

clutchpuck posted:

How do you like your Pelicans (threadjack!)?

Perfect size to hold just about anything, and they make great frame sliders. They do accumulate cruft, though (old bottles of motor oil, mostly empty cans of chain lube, tupperware containers, shop towels, etc. etc. etc.).

I need to replace the left one. It doesn't close all the way anymore after I dropped the bike on it at speed.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

In an attempt to resurrect this thread I hopped on my bike, grabbed some lunch and then swung by a local playground to snap the picture and get things moving again.

Unfortunately, my cellphone decided it was more important to save the last of its battery in case I received annoying phone calls from people I'd rather not talk to and was unwilling to sacrifice the last of its juice for the greater good.

Give me a couple hours and I'll head back out and finish this so we can move on.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Mao posted:

In an attempt to resurrect this thread I hopped on my bike, grabbed some lunch and then swung by a local playground to snap the picture and get things moving again.

Unfortunately, my cellphone decided it was more important to save the last of its battery in case I received annoying phone calls from people I'd rather not talk to and was unwilling to sacrifice the last of its juice for the greater good.

Give me a couple hours and I'll head back out and finish this so we can move on.

I think I'll finally have a chance to get on the bike for something other than commuting tomorrow so hopefully I can continue it!

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Ok. Now, in honor of the sign I saw on the ride home...

:siren: Your bike in front of a misspelled sign :siren:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

:siren: YOUR BIKE inside IN FRONT OF YOUR CITY HALL :siren:
Preferably with the city name visible

slidebite fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 6, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, and here I thought that challenge would take forever

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I was going to go to the local Puncher repair shop in the morning for this one. :(

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Maybe I just live in a lovely area of town, but there are a number of them here. Especially if you count the ones where the letters have fallen off the sign.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Mao posted:

Especially if you count the ones where the letters have fallen off the sign.
Mrs. Slidebite wished we took a photo of my bike in front of the local McDonalds "lay place."

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

slidebite posted:

:siren: YOUR BIKE inside IN FRONT OF YOUR CITY HALL :siren:
Preferably with the city name visible

Portsmuf, Virginia checking in:

:siren:YOUR BIKE WITH A MEMBER OF THE CLERGY:siren:
With some visible indication of holiness (habit, collar, etc), don't just grab a guy and say he's a Reform Rabbi.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Not my city, but a little river town i'm passing thru. I can't think of a challenge or i woulda lied.

Edit: new challenge would have been easier this morning

• Locked thread