Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

meat gnome posted:

This is the magelo of one of the warriors in the top raid guild: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/568718

Oh cool, he's using a rune aug in his weapon. I haven't seen a warrior with one of those and I've asked a bunch why they don't use it since it's effectively ae hate and some tiny mitigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Ok I need somwhere to go with a group at lv 80. The spiders in Vanderholm are nice and we went there but there is just not enough of them for a group. Seems like a good spot to solo but what about a group? Any other suggestions where to go at 80 for decent exp?

It seems like there is a hole in the 80-85 range as to where to go? We need to get to 85 so we can get our j5s. We tried field of scale and we killed about 50 mobs for about 2%. Why the hell do they have to nerf the exp so bad in these expansions? It literally makes them all useless.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 5, 2012

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
You can get J5s at 75, not 85.

For 80-85 for groups, the zone guide lists a lot of things. I'm just at 81, but we've tried a few dungeons (RSS, Crystallos) that were fun.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

80-85 in a group would be SoD ownzone. Toskirrak, Old Bloodfields, Old Dranik, hell even Korafax.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

MrTheDevious posted:

I'll give you a pile of plat if you win the scenario on my melee accounts, dead serious. I hate that drat card game and don't want to play but I have moneys!

Also, I have no T1 HoT remnants, but I have a SHITLOAD of T2-T4 including a full set of T4 if someone wants it. The min level is higher and the combinations are more expensive, but it's WAY better gear and it's just going to rot on my monk otherwise

Just passed this scenario on my main's account. Two more to go. How much you paying and how many melee characters do you have? This is Sheol in game.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Peechka posted:

It seems like there is a hole in the 80-85 range as to where to go? We need to get to 85 so we can get our j5s. We tried field of scale and we killed about 50 mobs for about 2%. Why the hell do they have to nerf the exp so bad in these expansions? It literally makes them all useless.

Ashengate was decent, so was SoD stuff. It just slows down and it's an inevitability.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anyone on Luclin have an Eye of Innoruuk or Slime Blood of Cazik Thule? Tyring to do my Necro epic 1.0 and these are holding me up.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
That LoN scenario was pretty easy with my dinky mage deck.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

unoplank posted:

Just passed this scenario on my main's account. Two more to go. How much you paying and how many melee characters do you have? This is Sheol in game.

2 to 3, since I'd like it on my bard but not totally necessary. How long does it take per scenario?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
God unlocks tonight on fippy. Time to powerlevel a berserker

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jotto posted:

Paludal gonna get crowded.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

MrTheDevious posted:

2 to 3, since I'd like it on my bard but not totally necessary. How long does it take per scenario?

It took me 3 tries to beat it, so maybe an hour or so.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Jotto posted:

They weren't very good initially, right? I remember people rolled them when they came out and were like, well, I could just play a rogue instead.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I've renewed my sub for my annual nostalgia trip on my 69 Necro with 100 AA's. I'm seriously considering transferring to the goon server because I run out of entertaining solo stuff pretty quickly every time I come back. The change that most inspired me to come back is putting all spells through 85 on the PoK vendors. I was so frustrated at using tiers-old dots. I have a few questions:

- What's the easiest/most affordable way to get a set of starter augments? Basically every item I wear has 2 augment slots and I've got a grand total of 4 augments equipped. I'm dead broke at the moment with 3k platinum and no friends on my current server (Tunare).

- How realistic is it to find groups for starting out progression content at 75, 80, 85, etc, respectively? I haven't experienced any of the tiered group stuff from later expansions and it's something I'd love to check out. If groups start picking up at 85 for example I'll just grit my teeth and power through to that level.

-Necro epic 1.0, 1.5: How many friends do I need to complete them?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

meat gnome posted:

They weren't very good initially, right? I remember people rolled them when they came out and were like, well, I could just play a rogue instead.

That's basically how they still are, aside from making GBS threads DPS on raids. Honestly on Luclin I've never even seen a zerker anywhere other than idling in the GL.

30k/account for anyone who wants to win that scenario for me!

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Andy Dufresne posted:

I've renewed my sub for my annual nostalgia trip on my 69 Necro with 100 AA's. I'm seriously considering transferring to the goon server because I run out of entertaining solo stuff pretty quickly every time I come back. The change that most inspired me to come back is putting all spells through 85 on the PoK vendors. I was so frustrated at using tiers-old dots. I have a few questions:

- What's the easiest/most affordable way to get a set of starter augments? Basically every item I wear has 2 augment slots and I've got a grand total of 4 augments equipped. I'm dead broke at the moment with 3k platinum and no friends on my current server (Tunare).

- How realistic is it to find groups for starting out progression content at 75, 80, 85, etc, respectively? I haven't experienced any of the tiered group stuff from later expansions and it's something I'd love to check out. If groups start picking up at 85 for example I'll just grit my teeth and power through to that level.

I recently returned as well, and transferred to Luclin. I'm in the same boat as you, having never experienced half of the progression content from 65 or 70 and up.
I pushed my way to 81 on my monk and over the weekend bit the bullet and PLed a necro on a second account so I can group with myself. Everybody in the guild is generally helpful and groups for xp for the most part. You may find enough people (including myself) in the guild to do older progression.

I would hold off on purchasing any augments, as any decent ones are nodrop. Just keep leveling and look up what drops in what zone and shoot for that, as you group or level.

As far as the Necro epic 1.0, that can be done 90% solo at 70ish, and there are plenty of guildies who will run to your aid to ruin an old world mob, for the sake of epics.

Also: please come group for nostalgic content, thanks.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Another thing to consider is that though it won't affect fippy people for awhile, it sounds like Berserkers are getting pretty smacked down on test server right now from a combination of flurry in most forms getting toned down (Bard song nerf, BL buff nerf, Berserker flurry nerf). I haven't looked too closely but some guy reported adps going from a 40% increase to ~15%.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 8, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

Working on my 1.0 right now as a 70 Necro. Everything is cake except for the Slime Blood of Cazik Thule. Fear is pretty much perma-camped and the people who do this wanted to charge 25k for a useless item that its ONLY used for Necro 1.0 (which in itself is useless besides nostalgia's sake).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In other news, my gold sub ran out and the marketplace won't accept my credit card for some reason. Of course the Sony Station account management website has been down for the last 3 days so I can't resub there either. HELP!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Use a sc card?

Riteik
Dec 18, 2001

I've been levelling a rogue and 1-20 sucked, but once I hit 20 and I could use poisons, its been going really fast since then. I'm 52 now, how much longer is moloing with poisons and a healer going to last? I have a feeling that its not going to be very viable once I'm in the 60s.

I'm thinking rather than sticking to Tunare where my other characters are, since I have a silver account and cant trade items to my new rogue anyways that I should just reroll on luclin.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Use a sc card?

Where would I find one of these? Wal-mart or the likes?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Riteik posted:

I've been levelling a rogue and 1-20 sucked, but once I hit 20 and I could use poisons, its been going really fast since then. I'm 52 now, how much longer is moloing with poisons and a healer going to last? I have a feeling that its not going to be very viable once I'm in the 60s.

I'm thinking rather than sticking to Tunare where my other characters are, since I have a silver account and cant trade items to my new rogue anyways that I should just reroll on luclin.

You can get by soloing with a TANK and poisons until 72, at least, which is how far i took my rogue before getting bored

Riteik
Dec 18, 2001

I Love You! posted:

You can get by soloing with a TANK and poisons until 72, at least, which is how far i took my rogue before getting bored

I was using a tank, but when you pull 3 or 4 guys, which I often did in the mesa, will a tank pull the extras off you? Me and my healer have survived some pretty ridiculous situations that Im not sure a tank would have pulled through!

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Anybody know of a guide anywhere on mitigating failures of post 300 tradeskill combines, like getting items with skill mods on them or anything like that besides the trophy?

I've searched around and can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if its smithing focused.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

RCarr posted:

Where would I find one of these? Wal-mart or the likes?

Walmart is the preferable place to buy one, you'll net a free 500 SC after the 1500 that goes to your sub.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

cycomatix posted:

Anybody know of a guide anywhere on mitigating failures of post 300 tradeskill combines, like getting items with skill mods on them or anything like that besides the trophy?

I've searched around and can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if its smithing focused.

Blacksmithing has a +15% or (45) to smithing item that drops in VT. Gloves I think- however, I would highly recommend buying the station cash potion. Draught of the Craftsman. What it does is: you get 100% of mats back on a failed combine. So all you have to do to max you skill with a quickness is find a recipe with a high trivial- like 450 or so, drink the pot and mash butan for skillups. It lasts 2 hours.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hammer of the Ironfrost drops off Creator in SSra same %15 mod that the trophy has.

If you have the mastery and salvage AAs with a +15% mod, there's nothing else to lower failure chance except the potion.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the advice, i'll look into that gear and potion.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Riteik posted:

I was using a tank, but when you pull 3 or 4 guys, which I often did in the mesa, will a tank pull the extras off you? Me and my healer have survived some pretty ridiculous situations that Im not sure a tank would have pulled through!

Oh, you were in the mesa. Things hit hard there. Don't do that, silly!

Go to old-worldish zones that have been hot or are hot zones and murder things there, where mobs hit like babbies. Life improves dramatically.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Remember only the highest skill mod applies, so a trophy + hammer is still just a 15% total.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Ruh-roh! Servers down...

What am I going to do...../bites fingernails nervously

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
goddamn it. fought through like 30 mobs in pofire behind c2, get to some named diablo things and BAM! server down.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Peechka posted:

Ruh-roh! Servers down...

What am I going to do...../bites fingernails nervously

And right when I was about to get into my first pubbie group too. Some dude was asking for slower/dps/healers in Direwind Cliffs. I sent him a tell asking if he wants a 75 Shaman. He asks back how much unbuffed mana and AA's I have.

And while I move from Steppes to Direwind he asks me like three times which merc I got. He didn't quite seem to gather that I am Free 2 Play, and my tank merc is poo poo.

It was looking like it was going to be a fun group!

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Ante Christ posted:

And right when I was about to get into my first pubbie group too. Some dude was asking for slower/dps/healers in Direwind Cliffs. I sent him a tell asking if he wants a 75 Shaman. He asks back how much unbuffed mana and AA's I have.

And while I move from Steppes to Direwind he asks me like three times which merc I got. He didn't quite seem to gather that I am Free 2 Play, and my tank merc is poo poo.

It was looking like it was going to be a fun group!

Server bam just saved you.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

An hour into the Resplendent Temple raid and BAM, owned by the servers. Who needs loot for all that time anyways?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

At least you guys got to play! I logged on and the servers went down before I could take a step :(

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

RCarr posted:

At least you guys got to play! I logged on and the servers went down before I could take a step :(

So it was your fault...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If everyone throws me 10 thousand plat then I'll bring the servers back up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
It looks like this server outage has deleted some guilds, deleted some fellowships, deleted some guild plots, and someone has said that all characters on Fippy were level 50. This is too funny.