Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.
Yay, it took an overnights of 112,000 which is bigger than either Smash or Mad Men (with playback that should get to around 300k). My balls are safe, for now.

DougieFFC fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Have I Got News For You last night was weird.

While I can appreciate that the programme makers enjoy the mileage they can get from Ian & Paul insulting the guests/hosts, it does sort of distract from the real business of insulting politicians.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Sometimes they can have a double whammy and have a politician as a guest.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

kingturnip posted:

Have I Got News For You last night was weird.

While I can appreciate that the programme makers enjoy the mileage they can get from Ian & Paul insulting the guests/hosts, it does sort of distract from the real business of insulting politicians.

Nah, it was fun watching Paul rip into Clarkson. They should have Clarkson on more just for that.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
He's usually very good on it, too. As unpopular as he is, he's a good presenter when he wants to be. Seems well able to have the piss taken out of him, too.

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007
So viel Spaß für wenig Geld.
Has The Bridge been mentioned yet or have I just missed it? I'm completely hooked, easily one of the best crime dramas I've seen in recent years.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There has been slight discussion, mostly very positive. Have the cops done anything that's not playing into the killer's labyrinthine plan yet?

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007
Nope, not yet. Does anyone else think that all signs seem to be pointing to the killer being August? I'm hoping it's just a massive red herring, cause if not I saw it coming from a mile off.

I also think it's really funny in a very awkward way. Saga and Martin are great characters.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

FA Cup? gently caress that, The Chuckle Brothers are on Pointless.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
If you are of an age that cares the pearl jam documentary that was on last night on bbc 3 was amazing. :corsair: :worship:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Benzene posted:

Has The Bridge been mentioned yet or have I just missed it? I'm completely hooked, easily one of the best crime dramas I've seen in recent years.

I love a good Scandinavian crime drama. Been poorly all day and have watched up to episode 5, totally enthralled, in much the same way I adored The Killing. Love Martin and Saga.

Though I sometimes have a little trouble determining which country we're supposed to be in at any one point. Think I need to visit Copenhagan and Malmo to sort them out in my head.

Cynical Tyrant
Jan 30, 2006

How dare you speak to me of the crunch! You know nothing of the crunch. You've never even been to the crunch!
I like Graham Linehan and The IT Crowd (obviously), but I was wondering how Father Ted was? I get current British references, but does it contain a lot of pop culture British stuff from the 90s?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Not really.

Father Ted is much better than the IT Crowd (which I do like) and a real classic of television comedy that everyone should watch.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Father Ted is amazing, it's just down right silly. I think any one would find it funny it has no real cultural references apart from it being about priests in ireland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25N-4zrk390

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Cynical Tyrant posted:

I get current British references, but does it contain a lot of pop culture British stuff from the 90s?

The only major 90s reference I can think of was Speed (Speed 3), and a joke about how Ireland always win Eurovision.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I'm looking for some audiobooks for my commute. Is Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive worth picking up? I know he's a thread favorite.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Muppetjedi posted:

I'm looking for some audiobooks for my commute. Is Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive worth picking up? I know he's a thread favorite.

It's pretty dated and there are some poo poo guests sometime but it's still worth getting all three series.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Z-Magic posted:

The only major 90s reference I can think of was Speed (Speed 3), and a joke about how Ireland always win Eurovision.

there's a "Blur or Oasis?" bit too

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Muppetjedi posted:

I listened to it all for the first time recently and enjoyed it, despite some of the early stuff referencing current affairs from a decade ago. I found it helped to listen to them all backwards, ie. starting with the most recent episode and ending on the first. Sounds weird, but this way you get a firmer grasp on the kind of time period you're in and its kind of a fun journey back remembering stuff.

Cynical Tyrant posted:

I like Graham Linehan and The IT Crowd (obviously), but I was wondering how Father Ted was? I get current British references, but does it contain a lot of pop culture British stuff from the 90s?

It doesn't really have any pop culture stuff to worry about and it is amazing so go for it.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Mediocre posted:

I listened to it all for the first time recently and enjoyed it, despite some of the early stuff referencing current affairs from a decade ago.

This doesn't bother me that much, the Ricky Gervais XFM shows are full of current events from 2002 or so.

Thanks for the recommendations though, Audible have a 40% off everything sale.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Father Ted is seriously amazing and you should watch it.

Ireland really needs another hit like it too.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
One episode assumes that you know the main character and catchphrase from One Foot In The Grave.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Benzene posted:

Nope, not yet. Does anyone else think that all signs seem to be pointing to the killer being August? I'm hoping it's just a massive red herring, cause if not I saw it coming from a mile off.

I also think it's really funny in a very awkward way. Saga and Martin are great characters.

I really hope that it isn't August as it does seem a bit too obvious, it could be Frida, or someone pretending to be Frida? As August told Frida stuff or was going to.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Did a rather marathon session this weekend watching all the 7 Up! documentaries in preparation for the new one 56 up! next weekend. Very interesting and funny/sad at times look at how people and society has changed since the 60s. One criticism is that they're designed to be watched once every seven years so watching more than one at a time leads to skipping lots of the repeated footage. Also one of the people is randomly dropped and never appears again (due to a campaign the tabloid media made to get him fired from his job for comments he made on the show).

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Just watched the latest Grandma's House, thought it was the best one yet. James Smith's character is such an arsehole, loved the scene where he wanted a hug from Simon.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I've left channel 4 on in the background after the news, and there is something called FOXES LIVE! on. What the gently caress is going on?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Leyburn posted:

I've left channel 4 on in the background after the news, and there is something called FOXES LIVE! on. What the gently caress is going on?

A Channel 4 executive has noticed that Springwatch on BBC2 is quite popular.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Channel 4 I was bored and watched The Undatebales and it was actually really pleasant and Channel 4 didn't try to victimize or gain off of the people. :unsmith:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Richard Herring's new podcast is out, it's part of his interview series with comedians in front of an audience, the first being Tim Minchin (don't worry, Stewart Lee is doing it later).

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Dead Fox In The Freezer Man has probably just entered television folklore.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
i was watching the sweet foxes skipping around, started talking to my mate looked up and all of a sudden the fox is being cut up and worms being pulled out of its guts.

What the loving hell??

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007

Geokinesis posted:

I really hope that it isn't August as it does seem a bit too obvious, it could be Frida, or someone pretending to be Frida? As August told Frida stuff or was going to.

Frida could be a possibility. Is it impossible for it to be August now? He slept over at Saga's, so could have an alibi for the kidnapping of the policeman. My mate has said it's a mole all along but I reckon it's just a distraction technique.

As a side note, I'm enjoying watching the characters develop. Saga is clearly :spergin: and Martin has gone from a loveable, friendly buffoon to someone with a quick temper who has a mean streak and a chaotic personal life.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

Dead Fox In The Freezer Man has probably just entered television folklore.

Yeah, I felt like I'd dropped through a wormhole into a David Lynch universe, or something....
edit-

It's on 4od at the moment

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/foxes-live-wild-in-the-city/4od#3330305

Skip to 40 minutes for the :catstare:

Rondette fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 10, 2012

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
It looks like he's sleeping :cry:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
What in the name of gently caress is going on in that picture.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Guess Channel 4 thought Springwatch was too boring and decided to break out Fox corpse collecting in their watch?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Perhaps the show is a dig at Rupert Murdoch?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
:stare:

Where do they find these people? Why do they always go on TV?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Al2001 posted:

Just watched the latest Grandma's House, thought it was the best one yet. James Smith's character is such an arsehole, loved the scene where he wanted a hug from Simon.

It was a fantastic episode, although I did find the scene with Clive weeping uncontrollably because he got drunk again a little uncomfortable. Is it right to laugh at alcoholism?

That, coupled with the fact that Grandma is stealing stuff and hiding it under the sink makes this series really pretty dark :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Father Ted is seriously amazing and you should watch it.

Ireland really needs another hit like it too.

One thing that is interesting about father ted is that all the main characters are actually comedians. It gives it a different vibe, I think there was a lot of improvisation.