Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rum
Aug 23, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

MotoBlur

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
What about Huddle with G+? I don't know if that's on iPhone, but it seems like it'll do it.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

lessthankyle posted:

What about Huddle with G+? I don't know if that's on iPhone, but it seems like it'll do it.

(It's called Messenger now) G+ Messenger works well between myself and my iOS using friends.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Using G+ messenger makes WAY less sense than FB messenger (to me).

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

XIII posted:

Yeah it certainly doesn't make sense to use if none of your friends are on G+!

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

XIII posted:

I'm just not a fan of how it stores them in your FB messages and pops up in FB if you're browsing. A convenience for some, but G+ is easier to just gently caress around with.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Can anyone recommend a good app for managing Task lists in GMail? GTask doesn't switch user accounts well...

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

mr. unhsib posted:

Can anyone recommend a good app for managing Task lists in GMail? GTask doesn't switch user accounts well...

Tasks is pretty good and has multiple account support.

There's a free version as well.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So in honor of MCA I've been trying to make Shake Your Rump my ringtone. Ringtone Maker worked great for the notification (SHAKE YO RUMPAH) but I've tried four different apps to make the actual ringtone (the first 30 seconds of the song) but each time they make a file that won't even play. I mean, I could go boot up my computer and do it in Audacity but I'm really confused as to why none of the apps are working. Did ICS change something with ringtone making? And, if so, why the heck does making notifications still work?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

lelandjs posted:

So in honor of MCA I've been trying to make Shake Your Rump my ringtone. Ringtone Maker worked great for the notification (SHAKE YO RUMPAH) but I've tried four different apps to make the actual ringtone (the first 30 seconds of the song) but each time they make a file that won't even play. I mean, I could go boot up my computer and do it in Audacity but I'm really confused as to why none of the apps are working. Did ICS change something with ringtone making? And, if so, why the heck does making notifications still work?

Ringdroid works for me, not sure about your ICS question though.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

lelandjs posted:

Just put the mp3 in your (or make a folder called) Ringtones, it'll show up in your Settings/Sound/Phone Ringtone.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Just put the mp3 in your (or make a folder called) Ringtones, it'll show up in your Settings/Sound/Phone Ringtone.

There are not enough facepalms in the world. Why didn't I think of that?

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Did Facebook notifications get fixed or something, because for the for the first time ever I just got one.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Seconding this. Been using it since someone recommended it earlier in the thread and it's fantastic.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

lelandjs posted:

There are not enough facepalms in the world. Why didn't I think of that?

Haha it took some detective when I was looking for the same answer.

Yet another app I've been able to do away with since using ICS. I love it so.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Office Suite Pro 6 is on sale for $0.99 till the 10th (regular price $15).Not sure if it any any good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.editor.office_registered

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Evil Vin posted:

Did Facebook notifications get fixed or something, because for the for the first time ever I just got one.

Speaking of Facebook, they finally removed the camera and messenger shortcuts with the new update.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

halokiller posted:

Speaking of Facebook, they finally removed the camera and messenger shortcuts with the new update.

"Finally" as in they only lasted like a week or two tops.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

b0nes posted:

Office Suite Pro 6 is on sale for $0.99 till the 10th (regular price $15).Not sure if it any any good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.editor.office_registered

Well spotted, thanks

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

"Finally" as in they only lasted like a week or two tops.

Another one of Facebook's awful updates. They had me seriously worried my phone had hosed up as the size of my app list changes without any input

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Evil Vin posted:

Haha after the update I haven't gotten any...

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So uh, I bought an album on the Google Play store this morning and only like half the tracks showed up in my library. I've bought a few albums on there and it's never taken more than 10 minutes. I emailed support but has anyone else had an issue like this?

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!
I checked the last 5 pages of this thread and didn't see anything. Is anyone having problems logging into the Awful app? Mine is saying "Login Failed!".

I tried logging out on a PC and logging in and my credentials work. I tried copy/pasting both my user and pass from keepassdroid and it still fails. Is something wrong?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

IT Guy posted:

I checked the last 5 pages of this thread and didn't see anything. Is anyone having problems logging into the Awful app? Mine is saying "Login Failed!".

I tried logging out on a PC and logging in and my credentials work. I tried copy/pasting both my user and pass from keepassdroid and it still fails. Is something wrong?

Something changed on the SA side, and Geekner already pushed an update to fix it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3391052&pagenumber=150#post403433461

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

Penguissimo posted:

Something changed on the SA side, and Geekner already pushed an update to fix it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3391052&pagenumber=150#post403433461

Ah there's an Awful thread, thanks a lot.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Do I have to root my Droidx to be able to record phone calls?

The first two free apps on the Google store didn't work... I'd be willing to pay for an app if it worked, and made quality recordings.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I just found the most amazing timer app. In fact, its quite possibly the best designed Android app I've seen. It's called Ovo and you should download it immediately.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 9, 2012

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
My swiftkey 3 beta expired today. Can I download the beta again and continue to use it? It seems sort of counter-intuitive to have a beta for the community to test your product, only to take it away before they release the actual product, especially considering that I'm going to have to pay to upgrade to swiftkey 3 even after having purchased both the original swiftkey and swiftkey x.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Haha it took some detective when I was looking for the same answer.

Yet another app I've been able to do away with since using ICS. I love it so.

This isn't an ICS feature, /sd/media/ringtones has been around since the beginning.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
Should I actually buy BeWeather when I already have Beautiful Widgets? I saw some people saying how amazing it was, but I don't get it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I bought BeWeather because it's nice for drilling in and looking at more details like hour by hour forecasts.

I still use the Beautiful Widgets forecast widget because it has customisable icons and I have BeWeather set as the app to open after clicking.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Lawnie posted:

My swiftkey 3 beta expired today. Can I download the beta again and continue to use it? It seems sort of counter-intuitive to have a beta for the community to test your product, only to take it away before they release the actual product, especially considering that I'm going to have to pay to upgrade to swiftkey 3 even after having purchased both the original swiftkey and swiftkey x.

Download the latest beta.
http://vip.swiftkey.net/sk3tabletbeta
http://vip.swiftkey.net/sk3beta

Don't know where you're getting the idea you'll have to pay again there's been no indication that will be the case. Don't know why you would have had to pay for X after buying the original though, I never had to.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Red Warrior posted:

Download the latest beta.
http://vip.swiftkey.net/sk3tabletbeta
http://vip.swiftkey.net/sk3beta

Don't know where you're getting the idea you'll have to pay again there's been no indication that will be the case. Don't know why you would have had to pay for X after buying the original though, I never had to.

That did the trick, thanks very much. They also seem to have done at least a bit of work on my issue of typing two handed and having it delete words because it can't keep up with multitouch.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

ThermoPhysical posted:

This is super awesome.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lelandjs posted:

So I just found the most amazing timer app. In fact, its quite possibly the best designed Android app I've seen. It's called Ovo and you should download it immediately.

Does this keep a wakelock while it's counting down?

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

LastInLine posted:

Does this keep a wakelock while it's counting down?

Yeah, it's an option in the settings.

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
Does any know why GOLocker is being a dick on my Desire HD? I have to use the default slider and the unlock with the GOLocker. It's a total pain in the arse.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
I get something similar, when I hang up a call it puts up the default slider instead of Widgetlocker. No idea why, has persisted through updates.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Coleridge49 posted:

Does any know why GOLocker is being a dick on my Desire HD? I have to use the default slider and the unlock with the GOLocker. It's a total pain in the arse.

Have you tried disabling the default lock screen in the the security settings? I remember having to turn it off completely for golocker to work correctly.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

lelandjs posted:

Love it, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009
Flipboard APK leaked from the Galaxy S III, haven't got a chance to try it on my Sensation yet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1644212

• Locked thread