Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Mr. Glass posted:

Sometimes those stupid yuppie toy stores in Shadyside have minifigs, so they might be worth a look. I'm assuming you already checked at Target?

I didn't know anyone else even knew of Shadyside. That's where my Aunt lives, and basically my whole family is from that area.

Small world this internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UngorEatStefan
Oct 23, 2004
Street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.
Learning Express in Bakery Square has 'em, Toys R Us out at Robinson had them last time I was out that way.

Target has the place for them with the prices, but they're not up yet. I'd bet this week or next target starts putting them out.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Colonial Air Force posted:

I didn't know anyone else even knew of Shadyside. That's where my Aunt lives, and basically my whole family is from that area.

Small world this internet.

I'm talking about the relatively small, affluent neighborhood of Pittsburgh; are we talking about the same thing? If so, I picture your entire family in polos and plaid shorts

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Mr. Glass posted:

I'm talking about the relatively small, affluent neighborhood of Pittsburgh; are we talking about the same thing? If so, I picture your entire family in polos and plaid shorts

No. I was talking about Shadyside, OH, which is in Belmont Co. It borders WV.

It's the poorest piece of poo poo in the nation.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gravy Jones posted:

The Uber grid

Nice, looks good. Just noticed it isn't loading in IE, but firefox is fine.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ika posted:

Just noticed it isn't loading in IE

Is that you Mom?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

djfooboo posted:

Is that you Mom?

Dont have firefox on all the lab machines @ work

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Mr. Glass posted:

Sometimes those stupid yuppie toy stores in Shadyside have minifigs, so they might be worth a look. I'm assuming you already checked at Target?

Which yuppie toy store in Shadyside? The one on Walnut? I hadn't thought of it but I'll try. I did just go to Kards Unlimited and didn't see them. I mean, I live two blocks away from Walnut so I can walk over there and check.

I've tried the Target at the Waterfront, the WalMart down past Carnegie, the Walmart in Waterworks. Haven't checked the Target in E. Liberty. Target did have series 6 for a short while. Just weird that I never see them anywhere with the amount of time I spend in toy aisles.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sockser posted:

Which yuppie toy store in Shadyside? The one on Walnut? I hadn't thought of it but I'll try. I did just go to Kards Unlimited and didn't see them. I mean, I live two blocks away from Walnut so I can walk over there and check.

I've tried the Target at the Waterfront, the WalMart down past Carnegie, the Walmart in Waterworks. Haven't checked the Target in E. Liberty. Target did have series 6 for a short while. Just weird that I never see them anywhere with the amount of time I spend in toy aisles.

There's an SW Randall on Ivy and a weird toy/gift/candy store on the corner of Walnut and Copeland. I've definitely seen them at the latter but you'll be paying the Shadyside tax at both.

At Target I've noticed that they tend to put them on end caps not necessarily next to the actual LEGO aisle. Haven't been to the 'Sliberty one in a while, though.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ika posted:

Nice, looks good. Just noticed it isn't loading in IE, but firefox is fine.

Hah! I didn't even think to check. I'll check later.

Edit: Fine for me. Which version?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

With a theme filter it loads, without a theme filter it doesn't. IE 9

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Tidied up some HTML, hopefully that helps.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I have a really weird request. I have a friend who is planning on getting a barcode tattoo of the Breezeway Cafe set (he's wanted a barcode tattoo forever, and when I convinced him to get one for an item that actually means something to him, he picked that one. Apparently it's his favorite set of all time) but he can't find a head on picture of it anywhere. I know that chances are at least one of you have the box for it lying around, so could someone take a picture for me/him?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Soysaucebeast posted:

I have a really weird request. I have a friend who is planning on getting a barcode tattoo of the Breezeway Cafe set (he's wanted a barcode tattoo forever, and when I convinced him to get one for an item that actually means something to him, he picked that one. Apparently it's his favorite set of all time) but he can't find a head on picture of it anywhere. I know that chances are at least one of you have the box for it lying around, so could someone take a picture for me/him?
Best image I found:

Seems like 673419015936 in UPC-A:

Some messing around with online barcode generators should get you there, with a cleaner starter image than any photo could give you.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

That was way faster than I expected! I'll show him and see if that works, thanks!

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I should point out that, based on the set number, that box is for the 2002 rerelease of the set, rather than the original. I have no idea if that makes any difference, though.

Tony Sorete
Jun 19, 2011

Manager de rock
The original one is 5 702010 963768

You made me dig this from my closet. Shame on you.

e: There, I scanned it and uploaded it at insane resolution. http://imgur.com/0rxXq

Tony Sorete fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 10, 2012

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini
Hey it's tough to find this thread now. This is how we pass the time on a slow day at work:

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

vrunt posted:

Hey it's tough to find this thread now. This is how we pass the time on a slow day at work:

Nice, now I'm going to have to do this with a zombie head.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Ausgoons, Toys'R'Us appears to be running a buy 2 get one free deal on minifigs, and they have series 7 boxes. Check up near the counters, apparently they got notes to not put them out in the lego isles. I got a black knight, a tennis player and the tribal with a mopnkey and knife / WILSOOOOON. I wanted a Space Marine but it was right on closing time and I didn't want to keep them waiting so I couldn't feel the bags up too much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Picked up nine series 7 myself, looks like I need to work on my feel-fu, I thought two Black Knights were Space Mercenaries, but I still got two mercs, the knights, red riding hood, nerd, rock girl, and two hippies(one of which I thought was another nerd). This series is so great that I will definitely be grabbing more! Only flaw so far is the awful rubbery material red riding hood's basket is made of. Never felt a lego bit feel so crummy, nothing else I know of has used that material.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ignimbrite posted:

Ausgoons, Toys'R'Us appears to be running a buy 2 get one free deal on minifigs, and they have series 7 boxes. Check up near the counters, apparently they got notes to not put them out in the lego isles. I got a black knight, a tennis player and the tribal with a mopnkey and knife / WILSOOOOON. I wanted a Space Marine but it was right on closing time and I didn't want to keep them waiting so I couldn't feel the bags up too much.

Thanks for the tip :)

Captain Invictus, did you get your end of the lego swap yet? :ohdear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah, I meant to post in the Lego trading thread, yes, they came last night. Big ol' ziploc bags of Droids, and holy crap Super Battledroids are huge!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet but here's the 2012 advent calendar!

:siren:Warning, if you want to be surprised and open each one when you are supposed to, do not click the link.:siren:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9509_LEGO_Star_Wars_Advent_Calendar

I am the biggest sucker for micro builds. That micro AT-AT on the cover is so :3:

Minifigs included:
Darth Maul (Santa)
Super Battle Droid
Snowtrooper
Rebel Trooper
Security Battle Droid
Gungan Warrior
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer (Hoth)
R2-D2 (Snowman)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I should point out that, based on the set number, that box is for the 2002 rerelease of the set, rather than the original. I have no idea if that makes any difference, though.
Ah, wasn't aware of that.

Tony Sorete posted:

The original one is 5 702010 963768
If there's still a need to go through a barcode generator (probably not), that one appears to be in the EAN/JAN-13 encoding.

I... uh... just have a lot of spare time V:shobon:V

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.
If you're in St. Louis and jonesing for S6/S7, check out the Five Below in Brentwood next to the Micro Center and Target, they had at least eight boxes of S7 and S6 each, if not more, I can't remember if they were stacked 2 to a shelf or 4.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Sharkelberry posted:

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet but here's the 2012 advent calendar!

:siren:Warning, if you want to be surprised and open each one when you are supposed to, do not click the link.:siren:

I am the biggest sucker for micro builds. That micro AT-AT on the cover is so :3:

Minifigs included:
Darth Maul (Santa)
Super Battle Droid
Snowtrooper
Rebel Trooper
Security Battle Droid
Gungan Warrior
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer (Hoth)
R2-D2 (Snowman)

Way too much stuff from the new trilogy, not nearly enough from the original. On top of that these don't resemble what they're modeled after nearly as well as the other advent calendars'.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sharkelberry posted:

Minifigs included:
Darth Maul (Santa)
Super Battle Droid
Snowtrooper
Rebel Trooper
Security Battle Droid
Gungan Warrior
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer (Hoth)
R2-D2 (Snowman)

Holy gently caress, those models are even worse than last year's. :stonk:

(that AT-AT - wtf)

(and that gonk droid)

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
The TC-14 figure is nice and shiny, minus the hands far better than the 30th anniversary C-3PO. If they released C-3PO this way I would probably pay far too much or buy whatever promotion required it.

The 2012 SW Advent calender is disapointing :( Too much prequels and if they just raised the price $10 and threw in a few more small pieces to make the micromodels better it would be worthwhile.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I'm still seeing the 2011 calender clogging the shelves at my local TRU at full price.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That advent calendar looks like utter crap. :( Such a shame that there's so much prequel stuff because theres ton of cool things they could make instead of a green r2 unit and that dumb submarine thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A snowman R2-D2 with a top hat is pretty classy though. :3:

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

The Super Star Destroyer is so :effort: Last years was pretty disappointing, but at least the builds had a lot of neat parts or looked nice. Maybe if it does really poorly we can get something different next year. :(

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Zonko_T.M. posted:

The Super Star Destroyer is so :effort: Last years was pretty disappointing, but at least the builds had a lot of neat parts or looked nice. Maybe if it does really poorly we can get something different next year. :(

Yeah, the whole thing really just looks phoned in. I scrapped most of the 2011 calendar for parts (except for the Slave I which was actually pretty nice), but this year doesn't look like it would be worth it even for that.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

So I just unboxed my super star destroyer.

I think the most intimidating thing about it is that the instruction book is actually a wire bound book rather than a collection of paper booklets. :stare:

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Torael_7 posted:

So I just unboxed my super star destroyer.

I think the most intimidating thing about it is that the instruction book is actually a wire bound book rather than a collection of paper booklets. :stare:

Yeah, the first Star Destroyer was like that. TWO books. So I open up the box, and there's four more boxes inside and two wire-bound instruction books, and I'm like 'oh god, what have I done?'

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Hoooooooly poo poo I'm sorting through my collection and apparently I bought the UCS General Grievous at some point -- it was unassembled in a ziploc bag in one of my rubbermaid bins of LEGO. It must have been on clearance or something, but holy crap it has a lot of great pieces.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I don't know if anyone has see this yet

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Kingdoms-Chess-Set-853373

I am going to have to pick it up, I missed out on that crazy huge kingdoms chess set years ago.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Merchant of Death posted:

I don't know if anyone has see this yet

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Kingdoms-Chess-Set-853373

I am going to have to pick it up, I missed out on that crazy huge kingdoms chess set years ago.

Why couldn't this have cost 10 bucks more and the base be brickbuilt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

djfooboo posted:

Why couldn't this have cost 10 bucks more and the base be brickbuilt?

Why couldn't this have cost exactly the same and the base be brickbuilt? If you think about it, making that one mold for the base that will only ever be used for that particular set must be insanely expensive compared to throwing in some extra, already mass-produced pieces, even if it's just a bunch of big plates to hold things together.

The mind of a marketer is a truly confounding thing.