Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
advert for the new liverpool kit, out on friday :D

chuggo is BACK fucked around with this message at 11:28 on May 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Wow, I wonder if that crest means it is being changed.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
almost certainly yeah

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

paddy scrote posted:

almost certainly yeah

how do you think the fans will react? liverpool fans seem a lot more attached to their history then most.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I hope they change the trim on the sleeves slightly and we get 8 pages of pretend scousers crying and saying that this, this is the greatest tragedy to befall Liver Pool F.C

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

how do you think the fans will react? liverpool fans seem a lot more attached to their history then most.

I don't think there'll be too much fuss, tbh. If they were using something brand new and horrible, maybe, but this is the old crest used up until the 80s.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

the sex ghost posted:

I hope they change the trim on the sleeves slightly and we get 8 pages of pretend scousers crying and saying that this, this is the greatest tragedy to befall Liver Pool F.C
This will happen, and it still won't be as funny as that Leeds video.

Yeah the crest is almost certainly getting changed, it'll be interesting to see the reaction.

Mickolution posted:

I don't think there'll be too much fuss, tbh. If they were using something brand new and horrible, maybe, but this is the old crest used up until the 80s.
I wonder though if there will be criticism to the torches being removed.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 9, 2012

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I wonder though if there will be criticism to the torches being removed.

I doubt it, tbh. The club does an awful lot in that regard, so I don't see it being a huge deal, assuming it is the one in the picture.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
this is what's doing the rounds, if it's true then someone got it right ages ago

lol but suarez wont be playing in it!!!!!! owned loserfools

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Wow you lucky bastards with that crest.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

paddy scrote posted:

this is what's doing the rounds, if it's true then someone got it right ages ago

Odd that it's got the current crest in the corner. That would make me dubious.

It's nice though and if it is real, hopefully the black away is real because it looked lovely and the purple third because it's hilariously bad.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Drogadon posted:

Has this been posted before?

I like the home kit, very old-school looking. The away is kinda meh and no pink :(

I'm sure I read they're gonna have a 3rd kit which is pink again

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The third pink kit better be as cool or cooler than the current one.

grvm posted:

Oh hey, they're different. Posting from my phone I didn't even notice, I'm going to bet that mine is not official because they didn't win the Italian cup (stupid bulls eye above the Nike logo) yet. I like them both, but gently caress juve anyway really.

I read that one is fan made yes.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Do you guys think the ManU. kits are real or fake? I think it sort of looks awful, to be honest. Heard they were honoring Ferguson with it or something. Ahwell, can't look great every year I suppose ..

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Most will love it, consensus is a clean simple shirt with a classic crest would be ideal

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Both of those Juventus shirts are hot. Especially the away. I'm on the shirt wagon.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

paddy scrote posted:

I feel like the inclusion of the torches and "96" on the collar should be more than enough to displace the moaning that would come from them being removed from the crest.

My god, I hope that's real.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Drogadon posted:

The third pink kit better be as cool or cooler than the current one.

As long as you don't have that huge star plastered all over the next one, it should be okay.

The Juve kits looks nice, although I wish there was a better way to get the sponsor logo to contrast against the black and white stripes without having that big black bar on the front.

And why abandon the use of yellow for the player name and number on the back?

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 9, 2012

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I feel like the inclusion of the torches and "96" on the collar should be more than enough to displace the moaning that would come from them being removed from the crest.

Yeah. If we are dropping the current crest, that's the only stumbling block really. It's not like it's one we've been using for a long time.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

paddy scrote posted:

Ver' noice. I'll have some o' that.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Judging by some of the responses on RAWK to the mockup, most people are fine with the "96" being moved to the back of the shirt, and the crest. The current crest will also be kept as a corporate thing, so I'm told, which is why it's on that poster.

Really like that shirt. It's plain and simple, nothing too flashy. Just dreading our awful 3rd shirt to be released now.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Just dreading our awful 3rd shirt to be released now.

gently caress it, it's not like we'd be wearing it very much. I hope we get that horrible purple one as it would be funny. They'd only wear it maybe once in the league and then in Europe.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress off wicka posted:

Jeep is the perfect sponsor logo, it's just loving Helvetica.
Agreed, it looks pretty slick and works well with the stripes.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
3rd shirts should be absolutely mental and hideous. A plain, unobtrusive 3rd shirt is a waste of time.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

paddy scrote posted:

thats tidy

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
if that Liverpool kit is real, then that's a really nice kit for you guys.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Kwagga posted:

yeah, crest owns.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Marseille's third shirt is reversible...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Kwagga posted:

What Chuggo posted was a photoshop put together by a RAWK member named kopite_chris. I don't think he's a Warrior insider, so I doubt it's going to be that, although it's definitely a step in the right directino.

I'm kind of hoping we all get hilariously horrified and it's this instead:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
This is even better:

ChuckNade376
Mar 13, 2008

MOTHERFUCKER. It is going to happen.

AHHH THE FRENCH posted:

Marseille's third shirt is reversible...

Will probably cost double.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Wasn't the main issue with using the Liverbird as a crest that it would be difficult to maintain copyright control because it would be so easily imitable? The same reason Arsenal doesn't use the single cannon crest used decades ago?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kwagga posted:

Wasn't the main issue with using the Liverbird as a crest that it would be difficult to maintain copyright control because it would be so easily imitable? The same reason Arsenal doesn't use the single cannon crest used decades ago?

They're keeping hold of the current crest, iirc, and I guess just don't care if there is a lot of knockoffs

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kwagga posted:

Yup. If I remember the story right, because of the design of the old crest (and how it used heraldry I guess) Arsenal couldn't copyright it. Ergo, new, copyright-able crest.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
These are the best ever Marseille kits.

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Got one with

18 KLINSMANN

on it :smuggo:

I had the exact same one and it's the only football shirt I ever lost (no idea where that went). But in retrospective it was the start of lovely blue shirts and Klinsmann is a loving wanker...so whatever ;)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
liverpool kit revealed at midnight :ohdear:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Cant wait to see this kit I hope it's poo poo lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
As do I. Newcastle need to hurry the gently caress up and release the home kit. I need to know whether I'm getting a dodgy home or away top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Why are City always last revealing their kits?