Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

FISHMANPET posted:

I ran out of hard drive space on my laptop, so when a download failed missing one piece, it couldn't do anything about trying to recover or whatever, because it was out of space. Before I created some free space, I clicked retry on the download, and it dissapeared from sabnzbd. I've still got all the files, but extracting them fails because of the missing piece.

So I'd like to either reload the download into sabnzbd with it using the existing files, or try to manually repair it with the files its downloaded. I've got a filename.par2 and a filename.vol000+01.par2, is that enough?

If you're on Windows download QuickPar http://www.quickpar.org.uk/ and double click on the .par2 file. After it is finished checking the file it will tell you how many blocks are missing or if it is possible to repair with what you have.

If there's not enough blocks to repair you can manually download the par2 files you need:
  • Pause sabnzbd
  • Re-add the nzb
  • Disable post-processing on the download (dropdown on the right)
  • Click on the download and delete all files from the queue other then the .par2 files
  • Unpause sabnzbd
  • Drag the downloaded .par2 files into the corrupted downloads folder
  • Re-run QuickPar
The number after the + in the par file is how many blocks that par file contains. Ie. if QuickPar needs 6 blocks to repair, download filename.vol000+01.par2 filename.vol001+03.par2 and filename.vol004+08.par2 (1 + 3 + 8 = 12 blocks).

This is also really useful if the file has been posted multiple times. Using QuickPar you can see which .rar file is most corrupted and replace the corrupt .rar files with the same file from the re-posted download and then use QuickPar to stitch everything together. I've mixed and matched .rar files and .par files from multiple postings and managed to salvage a download, that's probably only useful if you have a download limit like I do or can't find a non-corrupt version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
First I tried it with par2cmdline, since my main downloading machine is Unix. It went through the files, told me I had 0 recovery blocks, then found 3 rars that were missing blocks. When I load it into Quickpar on my Windows machine it detects the recovery files but it doesn't detect any data files. Not sure what's going on...

E: I've got this exact situation: http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/archive/arch06-Par/ar01s02.html

Comments on the posting say it's bad, welp.

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 9, 2012

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
You can usually tell which parts need repairing by the differing filesizes. Most of the files should be the same size, but will be smaller if they are missing parts.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
It looks like I've gotten myself all straightened out. I was downloading these on a laptop at a friend's house who has Comcast business (no cap) but I only put in my primary provider, not my backup provider. I finally re downloaded the 3 bad rars on my main server, that does have my backup providers configured. It grabbed the missing articles from the backup providers, and now those files are complete, and it extracts.

The par2 was indeed incorrectly made, but it didn't seem to matter.

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

No, no, no you imbecile! That's not talc, that's paprika!
Is there no more quick-download button for nzbdStatus on the new nzbs.org?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Fourteen posted:

Is there no more quick-download button for nzbdStatus on the new nzbs.org?

Update to the current 2.0 build and use the default skin. I'm working on making it work with the classic skin.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
So this weekend I setup SAB, SB, CP, and Quoch on my father-in-law's WHSv1 box. Everything was working well, even from outside the network. This morning, I notice Windows did some updates and I remember I never configured his server to automatically login so various things would start up. I RDC in and find a bunch of problems:

- Sickbeard requested a password, where there was none. I looked into the config file and it looks like it took a password from somewhere else; the username was something he uses but the password looked way off. I removed the entry from the config file and restarted, and everything looked normal in SB. It's alpha build 495, if that means anything. I suppose I should set him to run from source but I was feeling lazy at the time...

- SAB won't open, either locally or remotely. I took the /sabnzbd off the address and discovered that another service was apparently trying to use that port, so I disabled that and confirmed that nothing is using it, then restarted SAB. Still nothing, locally or remotely. The log file tells me that the interface is starting up on 192.168.0.5:9005, but I can't access that either. Originally it was configured for 9000, but I'm guessing that when it found a conflict, it changed it automatically? I had to kill it, manually edit the config file to use port 9000, and then restart.

Everything is back to normal! :) Has anyone seen that issue with SB before? And is there an option to have SAB just not start when a port conflict is discovered?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Does anyone know what's going on with CP and nzbs.org? They don't seem to be playing well with each other the last few days.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

could be because of the beta site and things going on behind the scenes? I pointed mine to the beta site instead and have had no issues.

I believe your API key is different for the beta site, so double check your prefs.

beta.nzbs.org if you don't know what i'm talking about

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Is there a way to tell CP to use the beta URL?

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

yes, just set it up as a generic newznab provider

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

That did it.

Cheers!

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

No, no, no you imbecile! That's not talc, that's paprika!

wolrah posted:

Update to the current 2.0 build and use the default skin. I'm working on making it work with the classic skin.

Ah there we go, thanks!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

dj_pain posted:

Also If you are australian and you are on internode/iinet use there newservice as you get about 35 days retention for free.

Are you sure? I've never seen iinet mention anything about Usenet.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Gromit posted:

Are you sure? I've never seen iinet mention anything about Usenet.

Internode stopped advertising it, but still have it. And it's full Astraweb retention, not just 35 days. It's awesome.

I don't know if you can now use it on iiNet by virtue of the merger/takeover/whatever, but if it's no longer advertised on Internode you wouldn't see it on iiNet's stuff, either.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
iinet is poo poo and their network wouldn't be able to handle it. I haven't checked but I doubt the Node usenet servers have made it into the freezone.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there a way to make beta.nzbs.org pass categories to SAB? I don't see anything in my profile settings...

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

EC posted:

Is there a way to make beta.nzbs.org pass categories to SAB? I don't see anything in my profile settings...

You have to add a * to the end of each category as a wildcard (TV*, Movies*)

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

mistermojo posted:

You have to add a * to the end of each category as a wildcard (TV*, Movies*)

In the SAB "Groups / Indexer tags" column of the categories config menu?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So is there a consensus as to which app is best for getting Usenet binaries on Android devices? I know it's been asked by I can't search on my phone. I'm using NZBleech and it works okay but I'm maxing out at 400 K/sec. Is it the program or is that the phone? The connection is not 20 ?eg and speedster shows my phone does that easily.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

maniacripper posted:

So is there a consensus as to which app is best for getting Usenet binaries on Android devices? I know it's been asked by I can't search on my phone. I'm using NZBleech and it works okay but I'm maxing out at 400 K/sec. Is it the program or is that the phone? The connection is not 20 ?eg and speedster shows my phone does that easily.

Technically SAB should be usable on an Android device, as Python is available for the platform. That said, I can't imagine there's much of an interest in downloading directly on a phone so the selection is likely to be very limited with few people having ever used them. The majority of us just download to a PC and copy anything that may need to get to the Android device over by USB or some a network file transfer protocol of choice.

That said, aside from the repair portion of the process (where x86 has a big advantage due to the excellently optimized par2 binaries available) nothing involved in usenet itself should be demanding enough to be stressful on a phone.

My best guess is that the flash you're writing to is maxing out. 400K/sec no matter how interpreted (bits or bytes) is slower than even Class 2 SD cards, but there have been plenty of lovely cards released in the market with no class spec or false class specs.

Try a HTTP download from a fast server and see how it runs. If you significantly exceed the Usenet speed, there's a problem with your Usenet client. If not, your phone or your flash is the limiting factor.

This is all of course assuming that a PC on the same network would get the speeds you're expecting and that it's not an ISP limit or a lovely Usenet host.

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
edit: resolved.

Pastrami fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 12, 2012

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
Last time I used Usenet was back in '05 with Newzbin, some NZB program I can't even remember and Quickpar. Looks like things have changed a bit, but I'd like to get back into it.

At the moment I use a seedbox, and download from there to my WHSv1 box. I'll get rid of the seedbox when moving to Usenet, but I'm a little unsure of how to access SAbnzd over the network.

Can I just use the web interface on my regular PC to connect to SABnzbd sitting on the WHS box and upload nzbs to it (or send via nzbdstatus)? Or do I have to RDP in?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

modeski posted:

Last time I used Usenet was back in '05 with Newzbin, some NZB program I can't even remember and Quickpar. Looks like things have changed a bit, but I'd like to get back into it.

At the moment I use a seedbox, and download from there to my WHSv1 box. I'll get rid of the seedbox when moving to Usenet, but I'm a little unsure of how to access SAbnzd over the network.

Can I just use the web interface on my regular PC to connect to SABnzbd sitting on the WHS box and upload nzbs to it (or send via nzbdstatus)? Or do I have to RDP in?

SABnzbd is only controlled via the web interface, so you'd put something like this in the address bar of the web browser on your regular PC: http://server_ip_address:8000.

Be sure to look into Sickbeard and Couchpotato.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

Thermopyle posted:

SABnzbd is only controlled via the web interface, so you'd put something like this in the address bar of the web browser on your regular PC: http://server_ip_address:8000.

Be sure to look into Sickbeard and Couchpotato.

Awesome, thanks. I'll check those out too, I'm all for automating as much of this stuff as possible.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
Is Headphones deliberately omitted from the OP? I started using it a few days ago and it's been an absolute dream. Took a $10 donation to get an account for rembo10's musicbrainz mirror, but well worth the money.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

OP is about a year old, and I'm not even sure Headphones has been around that long.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Apparently nzbs.org is opening up some invite-only new registrants. I'd be interested in an invite if anyone has one.

Edit: haha phone dictionaries.

NickPancakes fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 13, 2012

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

bloodynose posted:

Apartment nzbs.org is opening up some invite-only new registrants. I'd be interested in an invite if anyone has one.

Ditto!

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

bloodynose posted:

Apparently nzbs.org is opening up some invite-only new registrants. I'd be interested in an invite if anyone has one.

Edit: haha phone dictionaries.

Where did you see this? Last I saw they were considering doing it when the beta site is fully transitioned but they aren't talking about it right now. If it helps, my account currently has no invites.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Diviance posted:

Where did you see this? Last I saw they were considering doing it when the beta site is fully transitioned but they aren't talking about it right now. If it helps, my account currently has no invites.

Saw it on reddit, could be a lie, oh well.

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!

coffeetable posted:

Is Headphones deliberately omitted from the OP? I started using it a few days ago and it's been an absolute dream. Took a $10 donation to get an account for rembo10's musicbrainz mirror, but well worth the money.

I use Headphones and love it. It struggled to find a lot of my obscure stuff within retention and I've never been able to get torrents working properly with it (refuses to post process completed downloads properly).
The new skin is great, if not very CouchPotato-esque.

What exactly does the donation get you that simply using the standard MusicBrainz mirror doesn't?

Wheelchair Stunts
Dec 17, 2005
CouchPotato keeps snagging Italian language stuff, or something that's Dutch with Cryllic subtitles. How did I manage to gently caress this up?

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Obviously Erratic posted:

What exactly does the donation get you that simply using the standard MusicBrainz mirror doesn't?

Many more API hits I believe, but personally I just couldn't get the default mirror to work. Happy to donate to something that saves so much time though.

On that point: is there any way to donate :10bux: to nzbs.org, or do they avoid that for legal reasons?

Wheelchair: add "german, french, italian, dutch, russian" etc to the "ignore words" field in general settings.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

coffeetable posted:

On that point: is there any way to donate :10bux: to nzbs.org, or do they avoid that for legal reasons?
lhbandit has never let us throw money at him. He's never given a reason why.

Also re: invites, this is the last we've heard, over on the nzbs.org forums:

lhbandit posted:

on Jan 30, 2012

Once we're transitioned to the beta we'll dole out some invites.

Then last week:

gotcha1986 posted:

on May 9, 2012

that was posted over 100 days ago, are there no updates on the status of the invite function?

lhbandit posted:

on May 9, 2012

No updates since then.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I know we can't discuss usenet specifics but I am wondering if there are any free indexers that work well enough not to necessitate paying for one. I used to use newzbin and nzbs.org but unfortunately if I ever had an account with the latter I can't find any e-mails about it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Corte posted:

I know we can't discuss usenet specifics but I am wondering if there are any free indexers that work well enough not to necessitate paying for one. I used to use newzbin and nzbs.org but unfortunately if I ever had an account with the latter I can't find any e-mails about it.

nzb.su sems to still work well enough without having to pay, though I think you're limited to something like 10 NZBs a day.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
What's the best way to install SAB/Sickbeard/CP/Headphones onto FreeNAS? I tried using FreeNAS 8, and couldn't manage to get Cheetah working through SSH/Mac Terminal. Then I tried FreeNAS 0.7, and I had other Terminal troubles. I keep seeing posts online about installing packages through the web GUI, but I think that feature has been taken out for 0.7 and 8.

Shane-O-Mac fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 14, 2012

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Has anyone seen a weird thing where sickbeard doesn't start properly after a reboot in Ubuntu? I have my init.d scripts properly configured, and the sickbeard runs, but it doesn't load the proper configuration - all my shows are missing and all my settings are gone. However, if I then go and manually do a 'sudo /etc/init.d/sickbeard restart' it reloads sickbeard with the proper configuration and everything is fine.

I'm running it in xbmcbuntu but I don't thinkt that should make a difference.

edit: I also tried moving the sickbeard script to run at S99 instead of the default 20, since I though it might be trying to load before some required service, but that didn't fix it either.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Druuge Fuel
Jul 9, 2010

I posted this on the SABnzbd forums but they're hit or miss. Here's the problem:

I was messing around with various skins in SABnzbd before finally returning to the "default". I chose "restart SABnzbd" and got this screen:

Now, whenever I load it that screen comes up. I can't seem to find any skin specific values in the ini files and SAFE MODE yields the same result. Any ideas how to fix this while preserving my SAB configuration (server settings, categories, etc)?

EDIT: The fix was in sabnzbd.ini. There are two values that control the skins "web_dir" & "web_dir2"; which I changed to "Plush" and "Classic" respectively.

Druuge Fuel fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 15, 2012