Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

kaujot posted:

New Runnin' Sets. Combofiend vs. Mike Ross, but with Combofiend using a new team of Firebrand, Trish, and Doctor Doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP8gT_hfIuY

Mike Ross I want to believe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I really hope Combofiend has been sandbagging the entire time, and comes back 5 straight.

Although I've never seen Combo get mad at videogames like he did with Doom's blender DHC. That's the DHC bug where you want quarter circle and get DP instead, right?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Drewjitsu posted:

Although I've never seen Combo get mad at videogames like he did with Doom's blender DHC. That's the DHC bug where you want quarter circle and get DP instead, right?

That's usually the problem, although it was reversed in this case. He wanted Sphere Flame, which is a DP, but got level 3, which is a QCF.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
Today I played Vanilla MvC3 and Iron Man and all I gotta say is I really do think he's a better character in Ultimate. Sure he's got great tri-dash pressure but everything else is completely garbage. You couldn't even do L Smart Bombs, c.M combo in the corner or combo off an air grab in that game, Unibeam was really slow, and c.H might have been the worst normal move in the entire game (not special cancellable, what?) where as now its pretty good.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Clockwork showed up at the Runback tonight and wrecked house. Dunno how much he got on stream but see if you can find it, it was great. Combofiend was there and back to looking like he would body Mike Ross free.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've missed Clockwork's playing. What's he been up to?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Liku posted:

I've missed Clockwork's playing. What's he been up to?

He is playing Doom/Ammy/Strider. He did a sick combo ending in Sphere Flame where he called Vajra so that it would hit just after the up part of Sphere Flame ended and put the opponent back on the ground in hard knockdown. It looked like he could've OTG'd to continue the combo but he opted for position to keep the corner instead.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
#staged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugRecj6XZg

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

And that's why I love Clockwork. :allears: Though I wish he used someone else other than Ammy because she's so boring to watch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Combotroll. Seriously, the man thrives on crushing a man's spirit.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Someone put Mike on suicide watch :ohdear:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Kuvo posted:

Someone put Mike on suicide watch :ohdear:

Get better soon, Mike!

...I mean at Marvel.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Rollie the Guar posted:

His air throw leaves him floating in the air for a long time, his only OTG that works is rain storm. While it's possible to use that to pick someone up and use an assist to hold them in place long enough to land a hammer, it's very difficult and becomes impossible if you land the air throw too high.

with his new easy inputs you can actually do dp L x2 into a full if incredibly low damage combo :goonsay:

You can also just give him vergil bersker slash assist and get easy combos off whatever

Wally P
Jun 3, 2007
spoon!

Dren posted:

He is playing Doom/Ammy/Strider. He did a sick combo ending in Sphere Flame where he called Vajra so that it would hit just after the up part of Sphere Flame ended and put the opponent back on the ground in hard knockdown. It looked like he could've OTG'd to continue the combo but he opted for position to keep the corner instead.

Yeah, when MarlinPie unveiled that crazy Doom poo poo on stream at Curleh Mustache #2 a couple months ago you could hear how hype everyone there was.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Nitsuma is going to be at EVO...

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Wally P posted:

Yeah, when MarlinPie unveiled that crazy Doom poo poo on stream at Curleh Mustache #2 a couple months ago you could hear how hype everyone there was.

He just did it again at the Runback, he called Vajra down into doom rocks then hit him with another sphere flame. It was pretty baller

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

SpaceBees posted:

Nitsuma is going to be at EVO...

Well, I hope there are an abundance of Dooms at EVO and a Doom wins and he gets the She-Hulk treatment if they balance the game again, specifically targeting Hidden Missiles as an assist.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

theguy2687 posted:

Well, I hope there are an abundance of Dooms at EVO and a Doom wins and he gets the She-Hulk treatment if they balance the game again, specifically targeting Hidden Missiles as an assist.

No they'll just add obscure marvel character "The Guy" and give him a Tears assist.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Niddhogg posted:

No they'll just add obscure marvel character "The Guy" and give him a Tears assist.

Real talk: I'll buy the game again if they somehow put Isaac from Binding of Isaac in.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

theguy2687 posted:

Of all the bullshit in this game that DOES need to be nerfed Doom really isn't on the list.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

SpaceBees posted:

Of all the bullshit in this game that DOES need to be nerfed Doom really isn't on the list.

I haven't been paying much attention to this game, what is the list like right now?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eeevil posted:

I haven't been paying much attention to this game, what is the list like right now?
I'm not arguing in favor of massive nerfs, but: Zero can make anything safe with buster cancels and is unarguably the best character in the game. Wesker's buffs were generally unneeded; he could probably use a damage reduction and maybe a fix for being able to THC off of gunshots you couldn't regular super off of.

Stretching for more issues: Spencer's upgrapple is unscaled when it really should be, and I think that goes for some of his other moves, too. Morrigan is alright, though I have heard that she might need lessened meter gain in mirror mode.

I don't really think I've heard anything else.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Eeevil posted:

I think it's currently:

Zero tier
X-Factor 4 Wesker tier
Chris G's Morrigan tier

and everyone else is fine.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Morrigan is fine.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

AXE COP posted:

Morrigan is fine.

So was She-Hulk :ssh:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Also they should give Nick back his assists because there's 0 reason to play him with how bad everything else he has is

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
No one is fine; Everyone needs nerfed in this game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah, a pretty significant universal damage nerf would be just swell.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Keep level 3's exactly the same, 30% damage nerf across the board. Reduce scaling constant so multihitters like hsien-ko get a slight boost.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Iron Man's problem is he not the best character in the game and this needs to be rectified immediately.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Turn x-factor into a one-use cancel move. No damage or speed boosts.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

AXE COP posted:

Turn x-factor into a one-use cancel move. No damage or speed boosts.

You know, the one thing I thought would make xfactor balanced would be removing hitstun det and putting min scaling at 50%. You'd still get kills, but it would be all about swag combos.

Stanly Coober
Nov 5, 2008

Perhaps the same could be said of YOUR religions...
Fix the glitch where Captain Commando doesn't appear on the character select screen.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So for those that use it Assist me is on a temporary hiatus, Possibly selling props or something along those lines for funds.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Wozbo posted:

You know, the one thing I thought would make xfactor balanced would be removing hitstun det and putting min scaling at 50%. You'd still get kills, but it would be all about swag combos.

Some people would come up with fancy x-factor combos if that were the case, but for the most part I think you'd just see infinite loops.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Nate405 posted:

Some people would come up with fancy x-factor combos if that were the case, but for the most part I think you'd just see infinite loops.

I get hype when I see ammy's sword infinite. I'd love that crap.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PSWII60 posted:

So for those that use it Assist me is on a temporary hiatus, Possibly selling props or something along those lines for funds.

On the plus side, Wesker is having a kid. :)

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

SpaceBees posted:

Iron Man's problem is he not the best character in the game and this needs to be rectified immediately.

I'd be happy with giving him a little faster startup on his airdash and giving him back his double jump.

stop keeping me out everybody :(

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

TaurusOxford posted:

On the plus side, Wesker is having a kid. :)

Ahh, setting up Resident Evil 6 I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

WeakLad posted:

I'd be happy with giving him a little faster startup on his airdash and giving him back his double jump.

stop keeping me out everybody :(

He doesn't need a double jump, biggest problem is his bad ground dash, with a better one he could get in to use his awesome sj ADD mixup and get a full followup after Repulsar Blast xx Spread. Speaking of spread they should make the untechable knockdown time longer. A faster air dash would be nice too. Maybe a better airdash would make his air to air hit confirms less wonky and easier to do.

Maximillian is selling poo poo because he's homeless, apparently working on Assist Me lost him his house. He tweeted about it the other day.

• Locked thread