Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

potee posted:

J E R R Y

H E L L O

But I'm an old man! I was confused! Jerry, you ratted me out!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Hello :haw:

Hello :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BrandNew posted:

Yeah that show idea thing came up last year and some of us wrote our own. This one was mine and someone actually wrote part of a script for it.

I had an idea for a George story where he buys a scratch off, forgets about it, and accidently throws it away. During a party that's happening at his house, he remembers and desperately wants to go into the trash to dig it out (because what if it's a winner??) but there's tons of people around that would see him digging in the trash. Also the trash keeps piling up because of the party.

This may or may not be based on a true story.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Night night Jagdish!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I can't quite tell the point of the Seinfelt episodes. Is it just if Seinfeld went to really dark places?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Jerusalem posted:

It's so old now that it's become just an accepted part of things, but I still marvel at the fact that they were able to write, approve, act, film and air a sitcom episode about four friends having a contest to see who could go the longest without jacking off.
Its more than that. There was toilet humour and dirty jokes long before Seinfeld. What made Seinfeld special was that it wasn't a Married With Children type of sitcom with the expected dirty jokes and skanky characters. They took the concept of masturbation and didn't treat it like a "risque as we can be on tv" type plot, they treated it as a factual "this is what people do" story, and made a sensible plot out of it. They didn't even say the word "masturbate" anywhere during that arc, the whole thing was implied and hinted at.

Personally, I love the bit where George and Jerry started snapping at each other over little things, before realising how cranky the whole holding out thing is making them.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Sometimes your father forgets so I have to steal them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

But I'm an old man! I was confused!

The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send soup back at a Deli.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

potee posted:

J E R R Y

H E L L O

Swarm, Swarm!!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Well I guess I just assumed!

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Marisa Tomei still looking for her Costanza: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ef4258cacb/jason-alexander-joins-the-99?playlist=featured_videos

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Yo david puddy if you're still gif-capable, I'd love to see George demonstrating his ups in Jimmy's training shoes.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
GEORGE IS GETTIN UPSET

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

david puddy posted:

GEORGE IS GETTIN UPSET

And he's strong. I've seen him lift a hundred pounds over his head without even knowing it.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

david puddy posted:

GEORGE IS GETTIN UPSET

Ko-ko! Ko-ko! Ko-ko!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

The SituAsian posted:

And he's strong. I've seen him lift a hundred pounds over his head without even knowing it.

I hear everything. *snap snap snap*

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I am probably ruining this thread for anyone with bad internet but oh my god this is the best thing ever

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
For the love of Festivus, david puddy, don't stop.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Bit of a newbie question but was Seinfeld performed in front of a live studio audience or did they show them tapes or what

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Hey david puddy, how about Jerry picking reservations out of the air at the car rental place in The Alternate Side?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

Bit of a newbie question but was Seinfeld performed in front of a live studio audience or did they show them tapes or what

They filmed it live, I didn't realise til I watched the blooper reels

e:

THESE PRETZELS... ARE MAKIN ME THIRSTY!

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 11, 2012

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
And the outdoor bits were shown to an audience presumably? I always wondered about that with Friends

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

And the outdoor bits were shown to an audience presumably? I always wondered about that with Friends

I think in some cases Larry (or someone) would deliver those parts of the script to the audience to give some scenes context. At least I think I saw that in an extra once.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

spanky the dolphin posted:

I think in some cases Larry (or someone) would deliver those parts of the script to the audience to give some scenes context. At least I think I saw that in an extra once.

There's a special feature on one of the DVDs where they show a photo of Elaine and a guest star acting out an exterior scene in Jerry's apartment set just so they could record the audience laughter.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I love when you can hear Larry David laughing in the background of some of the scenes.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I think they just did whatever was convenient. If they could show the finished scene to the audience, they would. If they couldn't, they might act it out. I believe The Parking Garage had to be filmed entirely without an audience and they just showed the whole thing to them after it was shot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vigilance posted:

I love when you can hear Larry David laughing in the background of some of the scenes.

The Notes About Nothing talk about one of the show's producers who loving LOVED the show and had a really distinctive laugh you can pick out during the early seasons. I can't remember the episode, but there was one joke he loved so much that he actually audibly bursts out laughing before they make it during the taping because he's read the script and knows it is coming up :3:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerusalem posted:

The Notes About Nothing talk about one of the show's producers who loving LOVED the show and had a really distinctive laugh you can pick out during the early seasons. I can't remember the episode, but there was one joke he loved so much that he actually audibly bursts out laughing before they make it during the taping because he's read the script and knows it is coming up :3:

I can't remember what episode, but there's one where some middle-aged woman screams out,
"Oh my GOD!!!" at something Kramer does...maybe George?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

I can't remember what episode, but there's one where some middle-aged woman screams out,
"Oh my GOD!!!" at something Kramer does...maybe George?

That's the end of The Puffy Shirt when the homeless dudes are wearing the puffy shirts.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
My gf came home last night from an minor operation (she's fine now) and complained that the surgeon stood really close to her when he talked. It felt great to be able to show her a close talker clip on Youtube! Even though she couldn't understand the dialogue. I think it's Aaron's syrupy voice that does it for me. Just a shame that his punchline 'Are you sure? We could examine the artwork up close' is lost in the laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGVSIkEi3mM&t=36s

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
And also at the end of The Marine Biologist, I think.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Breath Ray posted:

My gf came home last night from an minor operation (she's fine now) and complained that the surgeon stood really close to her when he talked. It felt great to be able to show her a close talker clip on Youtube! Even though she couldn't understand the dialogue. I think it's Aaron's syrupy voice that does it for me. Just a shame that his punchline 'Are you sure? We could examine the artwork up close' is lost in the laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGVSIkEi3mM&t=36s

Judge Reinhold loving owns

edit: Yes, the city needs more slow-moving wicker vehicles.

Oh, right, Uncle Leo. Forgot his first name!

The Bookstore is tied with The Voice for my favorite episode. I think The Bookstore just barely wins because Peterman is my favorite recurring character.

drat it, Elaine, that wasn't Zach! That was the yam-yam!

Locutus of Bald fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 12, 2012

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Hellllllllooooooooo! Ha ha ha!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

edit: whoops didn't see the new page.

What's the deal with homework? You're not working on your home!

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

david puddy posted:

Hellllllllooooooooo! Ha ha ha!

Hel-LOOOOO!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
What are you doing to this woman?! This is the second relationship you've ruined for her in a few weeks! First, you ruin her relationship with the high-talker, so she breaks up with him.. Somehow, picks up the pieces of her life. Miraculously meets... a new guy! ...Ya bust that up. And then, just as they're reconciling, you announce to the world: He's boring!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Viva La Bam posted:

Hel-LOOOOO!

:rolleyes:

I'm not quoting if you're going to do that voice.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

esperantinc posted:

What's the deal with homework? You're not working on your home!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Thanks to the magic of DVD, I have finally fully watched the Keith Hernandez two-parter. I'd seen bits and pieces here and there, and tried to put the whole story together, but finally, I understood it all!

Though it was weird, since the DVD put both parts together in one mega episode. The pacing is just weird, especially since part 1 ends on "And you wanted to be my latex salesman," but the episode keeps going. It's like someone continuing a joke even after the punchline's been said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I swear this just happened.

I've got Nascar on in the background while I work. The commentary track is the most entertaining thing right now on free tv.

:clint: "They're coming round the bend, and here comes Newman!"

-pause a beat-

:haw: "Hello, Newman!"