Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Red Warrior posted:

Just noticed that Be Weather Pro is only 99c right now.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather

Well worth picking up. If you're using the free version it seems this is a newer build, better supports tablets, landscape screens and ICS. Uses Weather Underground for forecasts. Arguably the best Android weather app.

Just bought this. Been using the free version forever and glad I waited to buy Pro.

Seriously guys, this is BY FAR the best Android weather app. It's not only the best looking, but it has the most functionality as well (provided you're not looking for super esoteric weather data). The widgets are super customizable as well, and can even use Beautiful Widget skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Me too, thanks a bunch for the heads-up, Red Warrior.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Leathal posted:

Just bought this. Been using the free version forever and glad I waited to buy Pro.

Seriously guys, this is BY FAR the best Android weather app. It's not only the best looking, but it has the most functionality as well (provided you're not looking for super esoteric weather data). The widgets are super customizable as well, and can even use Beautiful Widget skins.

It's funny, it was one of the best blackberry apps back in the day.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Fat Turkey posted:

Not sure if there's an app for this or whether it is generally doable or not.

Is there a way to set my notification noises (SMS in particular, but maybe email or others too) to play a random mp3 from a selected folder? I like the idea of mixing up the messages I receive a bit.

Tone Shuffler can do this. Search "ringtone randomizer" in the play store if you want to try some other ones.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cakefool posted:

Screw folders, use circle launcher.

(can't rearrange the order of apps though :negative: )

Despite that CircleLauncher is crazy badass. Grab simple text or minimal text and bam you got a cool rear end custom icon to go with it.

Porcus the Wombat
Nov 11, 2005

The Wombat is a Joy, a Triumph, a Delight, a Madness!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, the app itself runs fine (very nice looking and informative I might add. The radar stuff is slick). It just refuses to add widgets. :-/

I was having the same issue (on a stock Evo3D) and rebooting once, then trying the exact same widget-adding process fixed it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'll be moving to a new place in a few weeks, and will have two options to get to work. Is there a widget or something I can use that will quickly pull up the traffic conditions on one or two given routes?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MeinGott posted:

Despite that CircleLauncher is crazy badass. Grab simple text or minimal text and bam you got a cool rear end custom icon to go with it.

Awesome, I'll get the paid circle launcher & gently caress with my homescreen some more.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

I'll be moving to a new place in a few weeks, and will have two options to get to work. Is there a widget or something I can use that will quickly pull up the traffic conditions on one or two given routes?
Actually Google Maps does this by default but I've never used the feature. (It's the traffic light looking widget.)

What I've gone to using is IP Cam Viewer Lite to pull up traffic cameras where the pinch points are which is more than enough information for me to determine whether I need to take the backroads to and from work.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Frozen-Solid posted:

CoPilot Live is awesome for this. I hate the caching crap in navigation too, and I was going to be in Canada without cell service for two weeks, so I did some digging around and CoPilot Live did exactly what I wanted. For $20 I got full USA/Canada navigation, with maps pre-downloaded to my phone.

But for the record, Google Navigation is a million times better than it was when it first launched. Give it another shot. I prefer it when I have a cellular connection.

I'll have to disagree with you there. My experience with copilot has been very poor, at least with the galaxy nexus. It was extremely inaccurate during a trip to Yosemite this April. The program frequently indicated that I was off the road even with GPS signal lock and a clear day. Once I drove into an area with 3g, I switched to google maps and it was perfect.

I'm also looking for an offline GPS program. Wish either tomtom/navigon/garmin would port over their programs.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Actually Google Maps does this by default but I've never used the feature. (It's the traffic light looking widget.)

I'm also pretty sure (but not 100% positive) that the GPS app in Google Maps takes traffic into account when it calculates a route.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Handsome Wife posted:

I'm also pretty sure (but not 100% positive) that the GPS app in Google Maps takes traffic into account when it calculates a route.
Unless they have removed the functionality then it definitely does. Been a few months since I had a crazy traffic situation like that though.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Handsome Wife posted:

It does, but it doesn't seem to send you by the quickest route by default. I'll look into the Maps traffic light thing.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I'm in the market for a tasks/to-do app for my homescreen. The Astrid 2x2 one looks really basic (no due dates/times) and the Power Pack addon is pretty horrible. The 4x4 really should be 4x3 with the waste of space by that stupid icon and 'Add Task' button.

Also, Astrid tends to put my tasks on the wrong date on Jorte/Calendar app and I have to delete the task and start again. :(

So what's out there that isn't a pain in the loving rear end to use?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Odette posted:

I'm in the market for a tasks/to-do app for my homescreen. The Astrid 2x2 one looks really basic (no due dates/times) and the Power Pack addon is pretty horrible. The 4x4 really should be 4x3 with the waste of space by that stupid icon and 'Add Task' button.

Also, Astrid tends to put my tasks on the wrong date on Jorte/Calendar app and I have to delete the task and start again. :(

So what's out there that isn't a pain in the loving rear end to use?

Due Today is what I normally recommend here.

Here's the widget screenshot from the apps page:

You can customize the widget in all sorts of ways...

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What's the recommended .cbr/cbz reading app?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

rock2much posted:

I like Perfect Viewer.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

rock2much posted:

Comicrack is pretty good. It allows syncing with the desktop app and wireless if you pay for it.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

lostleaf posted:

I'll have to disagree with you there. My experience with copilot has been very poor, at least with the galaxy nexus. It was extremely inaccurate during a trip to Yosemite this April. The program frequently indicated that I was off the road even with GPS signal lock and a clear day. Once I drove into an area with 3g, I switched to google maps and it was perfect.

I'm also looking for an offline GPS program. Wish either tomtom/navigon/garmin would port over their programs.

I have been testing Sygic, and while the maps look good and it has voice direactions, it just uses generic "take the next right" instead of using street names, which is kind of irritating.

EDIT: Looks like you have to pick a special voice to get that to work for some reason.

Porkchop Express fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 13, 2012

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

i like tacos posted:

Comicrack is pretty good. It allows syncing with the desktop app and wireless if you pay for it.

Seconding ComicRack. Great interface and its transitions (top left - top right - middle left - middle right - bottom left - bottom right - next page top left) are smooth and convenient too.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Any recommendation for a task management app?

I basically want Asana for Android. The webpage has a mobile version but it's not the same as a native app (lack of offline support for example).

Astrid would be great but it lacks Projects or subtasks. Using lists is little unwieldy.

Any ideas?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Looking for nonogram app recommendations. Preferences: no auto-correct/penalty for playing a wrong move, easy switching between X and mark, and grayed out numbers as you progress in a row/column, not just upon completion. That is to say, if the row is "1 1 1 1 1" and I have played "1X1X1 _ _ _ _ _", the clue should show up as "1 1 1 1 1" (not "1 1 1 1 1". Sorry if this sounds super spergy I just really like nonograms and there are a lot of crappy versions out there :(.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

gmq posted:

Astrid would be great but it lacks Projects or subtasks. Using lists is little unwieldy.

Astris has subtasks but they're psychotically awkward to use

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is there a way to delete Amazon Apps? Apparently I'm supposed to go to Settings -> Manage Applications but I'm not seeing anything like that in the menu.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is there a way to delete Amazon Apps? Apparently I'm supposed to go to Settings -> Manage Applications but I'm not seeing anything like that in the menu.

Don't do it through the Amazon app. Just go to your regular phone settings and do it through that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Ah, thanks. Didn't know that menu was there.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Invalid Octopus posted:

Looking for nonogram app recommendations. Preferences: no auto-correct/penalty for playing a wrong move, easy switching between X and mark, and grayed out numbers as you progress in a row/column, not just upon completion. That is to say, if the row is "1 1 1 1 1" and I have played "1X1X1 _ _ _ _ _", the clue should show up as "1 1 1 1 1" (not "1 1 1 1 1". Sorry if this sounds super spergy I just really like nonograms and there are a lot of crappy versions out there :(.

I really enjoy NemoNemo Picross . There are a ton of puzzles and it's easy to switch between X and mark like you wanted. It also greys out the out the numbers you've gotten. You do only get 5 wrong moves before you fail the puzzle and have to start over.

There's also Nonomatic. I haven't played this one but I have seen it recommended before.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there a way to hide the AM/PM indicator on a Beautiful Widgets SuperClock, or does it depend on skin?

I could've sworn there was an option for it, but I'm not finding one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Does anybody with the Swiftkey 3 beta and Handcent notice the prediction doesn't work on the popup? Is it possible to change this?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Invalid Octopus posted:

I've played both NemoNemo and Nonomatic that Poopelyse mentioned.

NemoNemo Picross
UI: Pinch to zoom, four buttons for move/X/Mark/exit puzzle
Puzzles: A lot of puzzles at first, and later 'big mode' which is a lot of puzzles that make up a large image. I've found that sometimes in the later levels you have to guess though.

Nonomatic:
UI: Shows 5x5 at a time with the other columns/rows compressed that you see from pressing them, hard to explain.
Puzzle: A far amount but you'll go through them in a few days, there are monthly puzzle packs available for $1.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a stand-alone app out there that can lock me out of a selected app unless I complete puzzles or something? Like CM7 "PhoneGoggles" (I'm on CM9)

e: Also looking for a simple image editor that will let me blur out photos/screenshots.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 14, 2012

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I'd like an app that tracks stuff. Thanks!

What I'm actually thinking about is an app into which you can input stuff, like your weight, or how much you spent on coffee, or how many times you dropped your phone, or how many hot girls ignored you, or whatever.

Then, over time, the app could graph this data for you.

Basically a simple-to-use-on-a-mobile-device frontend to a spreadsheet.

Anyone know if there's anything like that out there?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Thermopyle posted:

I'd like an app that tracks stuff. Thanks!

What I'm actually thinking about is an app into which you can input stuff, like your weight, or how much you spent on coffee, or how many times you dropped your phone, or how many hot girls ignored you, or whatever.

Then, over time, the app could graph this data for you.

Basically a simple-to-use-on-a-mobile-device frontend to a spreadsheet.

Anyone know if there's anything like that out there?

If there isn't there sure will be soon. That's a great idea.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Sereri posted:

If there isn't there sure will be soon. That's a great idea.

Hehe. I actually started on this an hour or so ago, then thought I'd better check to see if anyone else has wrote such a thing before I wasted the time writing it myself.

If no one else has done it I need to find a graphing library...

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
I always wanted an app that tracked total on-time over the life of the device, like an hours-counter on industrial equipment. No good reason, just... want it.

e: \/\/\/ :golfclap:

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 14, 2012

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Thermopyle posted:

Hehe. I actually started on this an hour or so ago, then thought I'd better check to see if anyone else has wrote such a thing before I wasted the time writing it myself.

I'll only use it if I can track my haircuts :colbert:

Is there any way to just see purchased (but not installed) apps in Google Play?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Splizwarf posted:

I always wanted an app that tracked total on-time over the life of the device, like an hours-counter on industrial equipment. No good reason, just... want it.

Why do I want this? :psyduck:

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Thermopyle posted:

I'm unaware of any apps out there that do this, but it really does sound cool and I'd definitely be interested in it.

It'd be kind of neat to track the price of some random stuff over time just to see how gouged I'm really getting!

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

PREYING MANTITS posted:

It'd be kind of neat to track the price of some random stuff over time just to see how gouged I'm really getting!

For online purchases I've been using Slice to show me how much money I waste:
https://www.slice.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Thermopyle I would use your app to count my farts so I could track the turbulent ups and downs of my irritable bowels.

• Locked thread