Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Danny Choo is just all kinds of disturbing and should not exist in any sane world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Corridor posted:

Danny Choo is just all kinds of disturbing and should not exist in any sane world.
What's really disturbing is how people literally worship him. I see signatures like this one

On Gaia and DA all the time. And there are tons of Danny Choo wannabes out there who even mimic his broken English on their blogs. People want to be like him.

It's insane.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

What's really disturbing is how people literally worship him. I see signatures like this one

On Gaia and DA all the time. And there are tons of Danny Choo wannabes out there who even mimic his broken English on their blogs. People want to be like him.

It's insane.

Bill Gates is proof of being a successful giant nerd. Danny Choo is an example of a successful unsavory otaku creep. As a giant nerd I resent the implication. :mad:

I hate Danny Choo. His blog is full of horrible entitled crap about how he respects Japanese homeless people because they don't beg. At one point he follows up with a story about a totally selfish Western homeless girl who wanted a whole dollar instead of the quarter he gave her.

e: The eyes on that chibi thing are free-floating in front of its hair.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Jeek posted:

Also, an intentionally awful vampire romance novel. I don't think anyone as self-aware as RazorBunny would write four novels of such quality in a row. ;)

I did start working on an equally horrible gay werewolf romance set in Rio, but I never got anywhere on it.

I'm tempted to post the Amazon link to my terrible novel (I published it via Kindle Direct)...it's under my real name, but it wouldn't take very much internet detective work to find that out anyway.

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

Danny Choo is married to a real woman

I like how in this thread it needs to be specifically pointed out that the person he is married to is actually real, rather than a fictional character or a demon-prince with balls on his vagina.

In a couple weeks it's the MCM Expo in London, (MCM - Movies, Comics, something else) and though I'm not an anime fan I did go last year to take pictures of furries and other strange people. Looking through the fan events during this years convention I saw:

quote:

Event: MCM Hetalia People world conference

How do you even pronounce that name? Is it a name? I don't know.
:psyduck:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Farbauti posted:

How do you even pronounce that name? Is it a name? I don't know.
:psyduck:

If you meant "haruhiXkyon", it is possibly meant to be haruhi X kyon. The two names are characters from the Haruhi Suzumiya light novel series and the X is commonly used in fandom to indicate pairings.

RazorBunny posted:

I'm tempted to post the Amazon link to my terrible novel (I published it via Kindle Direct)...it's under my real name, but it wouldn't take very much internet detective work to find that out anyway.
I may have found your novel. Are the main characters' names Brogan and Michelle?

Jeek fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 11, 2012

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Corridor posted:

Bill Gates is proof of being a successful giant nerd. Danny Choo is an example of a successful unsavory otaku creep. As a giant nerd I resent the implication. :mad:

I hate Danny Choo. His blog is full of horrible entitled crap about how he respects Japanese homeless people because they don't beg. At one point he follows up with a story about a totally selfish Western homeless girl who wanted a whole dollar instead of the quarter he gave her.

e: The eyes on that chibi thing are free-floating in front of its hair.
Danny Choo is also some sort of idiot who thinks that you can achieve anything in life if you work hard and follow your dreams. In one of his entries, he talks about how you always go get food when you're hungry and if you're well enough to do that then you are well enough to do some magic and get rich or some bullshit like that. He takes all sorts of poo poo for granted, like the fact that he never had to pay for his college education which is what keeps a HUGE number of people from getting better jobs.

He constantly says that successful people are successful because they worked hard and never gave up, implying that it's all up to you and if you're not successful you're lazy/stupid/unworthy. It's infuriating to me since I started working when I was 13 years old and probably have worked more hours by now than he has, and I'm still poor as poo poo because I'm from a third world country and never had a loving chance. Now I'm in America and I'm working my rear end off to try and get a scholarship to go to art school and get a degree, because I'll never be able to pay off a student loan considering the fact that I only qualify to work a minimum wage job and I don't want to be in debt. I have to juggle studying art, taking care of my husband who's disabled AND trying to make a living all at the same time. If this fucker tells me that I'm not rich because I didn't try hard enough I swear to God I'll break his creepy anime dolls on his face.

e: the icing on the cake is that he tells all sorts of stories about his hardships in Japan while failing to mention his safety net.

He's Jimmy Choo's son.

This Jimmy Choo.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Jeek posted:

I may have found your novel. Are the main characters' names Brogan and Michelle?

Yep. Enjoy how bad it is.

The sad thing is that I've officially made more money off that steaming crap heap than from all my legitimate writing put together.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Mad Hamish posted:

After going through this thread I realize that the people I hung out with in high school were far less hosed up than I thought they were.

I did know these three girls who were pretty much convinced that they were goddesses of some variety who had come to Earth for some purpose I don't remember, but after reading what happened with Denise I don't think that's quite as crazy now. Maybe if I'd known them better and seen how deep the crazy went I'd have some awesome insanity stories.

That's a game of mental chicken you could've been playing there. If you've ever known someone who was off like Denise (or even to a lesser extent) and they just unloaded all of their crazy on you, that's just a lot of crap for your brain to handle. It might make for some good - if not great - stories down the road, but at the time that it's happening your brain can pop. It's very emotionally draining to deal with people like that. I have mad respect for psychologists who train themselves to be able to handle this stuff, give constructive criticism, and still be alright when they come home for the day. The reaction of most people when they encounter folks like Denise is "run away!!!" for a very good reason - my girlfriend, despite liking anime, fled when three girls in her high school started referring to each other by the names of the main characters in Gundam Wing - but not everyone has that choice...

I'm impressed that the OP came out ahead after dealing with her crappy situation in high school and Denise at the same time. Whatever rough stuff you're going through right now uglynoodles, I'm sure that everyone posting in this thread hopes that you get through it all OK and emerge from it for the better. I'm also sure that I'm repeating something people have been saying ad nauseum, but it's worth stating again. I came to this thread for the title, but stayed for the stellar writing.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

I started working when I was 13 years old and probably have worked more hours by now than he has, and I'm still poor as poo poo because I'm from a third world country and never had a loving chance.

Wow, really? drat. :( Which country?

quote:

If this fucker tells me that I'm not rich because I didn't try hard enough I swear to God I'll break his creepy anime dolls on his face.

:stare: I thought you said a couple of pages back that you were okay with Danny Choo...

But yeah, he's a dick. I kinda want him to have some kind of breakdown and go OH GOD I'VE BASED MY ENTIRE IDENTITY ON CARTOONS MY LIFE IS SO EMPTY AND HOLLOW and just completely lose his poo poo. Reactions of his supporters would be pretty funny.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

He constantly says that successful people are successful because they worked hard and never gave up, implying that it's all up to you and if you're not successful you're lazy/stupid/unworthy. It's infuriating to me since I started working when I was 13 years old and probably have worked more hours by now than he has, and I'm still poor as poo poo because I'm from a third world country and never had a loving chance. Now I'm in America and I'm working my rear end off to try and get a scholarship to go to art school and get a degree, because I'll never be able to pay off a student loan considering the fact that I only qualify to work a minimum wage job and I don't want to be in debt. I have to juggle studying art, taking care of my husband who's disabled AND trying to make a living all at the same time. If this fucker tells me that I'm not rich because I didn't try hard enough I swear to God I'll break his creepy anime dolls on his face.

This kind of poo poo is pretty common with kids of rich people. When you grow up privileged its pretty easy to be like 'well poo poo I got here without any work, why can't everyone else, it's really easy!' and once you're there, it takes a lot to realize like, 90% of what you have has never been anything to do with you.

Funny enough, lots of poor people think the same thing, but that's more a combination of media telling us we can be anything we ~*~DrEaM~*~ and Objectivist rich people telling us the same.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Corridor posted:

Wow, really? drat. :( Which country?
Brazil. I was born to wealthy parents but my family lost everything when I was 12 and we had no safety net, no house, nothing. It was hell but I learned a lot from the experience and I think I'm a better person for it. Things eventually got better, but I decided to keep working because I was so used to making my own money by then.

quote:

:stare: I thought you said a couple of pages back that you were okay with Danny Choo...
I hadn't read that many of his blog entries. At first glance he seemed like an okay guy if a bit creepy. Then I started reading his "motivational articles" and now I hate him.

quote:

But yeah, he's a dick. I kinda want him to have some kind of breakdown and go OH GOD I'VE BASED MY ENTIRE IDENTITY ON CARTOONS MY LIFE IS SO EMPTY AND HOLLOW and just completely lose his poo poo. Reactions of his supporters would be pretty funny.
Nah that would require self-awareness, which he lacks. As far as he's concerned he's awesome and we're "haters".

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

RazorBunny posted:

Yep. Enjoy how bad it is.

The sad thing is that I've officially made more money off that steaming crap heap than from all my legitimate writing put together.
Is there some way I can read the novel without a Kindle?

the kawaiiest posted:

Brazil. I was born to wealthy parents but my family lost everything when I was 12 and we had no safety net, no house, nothing. It was hell but I learned a lot from the experience and I think I'm a better person for it. Things eventually got better, but I decided to keep working because I was so used to making my own money by then.

I am sorry to hear that, but at least things get better at the end. :unsmith: Maybe RazorBunny can write a novel based on your life story and both of you will get rich! :v:

Jeek fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 12, 2012

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

This kind of poo poo is pretty common with kids of rich people. When you grow up privileged its pretty easy to be like 'well poo poo I got here without any work, why can't everyone else, it's really easy!' and once you're there, it takes a lot to realize like, 90% of what you have has never been anything to do with you.

Funny enough, lots of poor people think the same thing, but that's more a combination of media telling us we can be anything we ~*~DrEaM~*~ and Objectivist rich people telling us the same.

I know some rich people, and it's relatively rare for someone to get a lot of money without working hard as an adult. Even trust fund babies usually get cut off by their late twenties if they don't bother finishing college and using their connections to get a corporate job. (Or, if female, marrying a rich guy and becoming a housewife, which is also hard work.) Once you're in corporate America, you will be working hard. If you're incompetent you'll just be working hard on things that don't matter until the next "rightsizing".

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Jeek posted:

Is there some way I can read the novel without a Kindle?

I am sorry to hear that, but at least things get better at the end. :unsmith: Maybe RazorBunny can write a novel based on your life story and both of you will get rich! :v:

There are kindle apps for most platforms, I think there's even a PC app.

And a lot of my stories have horrible tragic endings, so it's probably best that I not write anyone's biography ;)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

No one is saying they don't work 'hard', just that the amount of work is in no way connected to the amount of money or power earned. Not even close. As a general rule if you're rich you got there through a combination of circumstance, connections, family and social structure, in addition to whatever you personally do. People in almost every single career path work 'hard', not just the richest.

Even if you want to argue all of those things away, you still have the economic and educational systems that allow you to get that knowledge, which aren't open to a shitload of people.

This is super duper off topic though, so;

I know a girl who is incredibly into these doll things and she has admitted she looks at lots of them in a sexual way. Her room is filled wall to wall with these creepy, dead-eyed monsters. Any time she links me to some more dolls she wants or whatever and I mention that they look like 5 year olds, all she does is say how they all have huge tits and hips so obviously they are adults.

She's really attractive and smart, and all of this came on only recently, relatively speaking. I've been watching this slow descent into Insane Animu Time for the past year or so. I think it's at the point where I have to start cutting her off though, if she posts one more bloody Doll article on her facebook, I think I'll end up on some list somewhere.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Konstantin posted:

I know some rich people, and it's relatively rare for someone to get a lot of money without working hard as an adult. Even trust fund babies usually get cut off by their late twenties if they don't bother finishing college and using their connections to get a corporate job. (Or, if female, marrying a rich guy and becoming a housewife, which is also hard work.) Once you're in corporate America, you will be working hard. If you're incompetent you'll just be working hard on things that don't matter until the next "rightsizing".
It's not about that, it's about the fact that there is no connection between how hard you work and how much money you make or how successful you become.

e: or just read Nemesis Of Moles' post which explains it better than mine. That's what I get for leaving the tab open too long.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

RazorBunny posted:

There are kindle apps for most platforms, I think there's even a PC app.

And a lot of my stories have horrible tragic endings, so it's probably best that I not write anyone's biography ;)

I don't own a Kindle, but I download books from Amazon to the Kindle Cloud Reader in my account and read them there.

I think the best part about this thread is reading about the people who have no limits and comparing them to those just-barely-tolerable ones we know. (There is this girl in my Japanese class who chose to do a report on Japanese samurai in fiction just so she could put Prince of Tennis pictures in her Powerpoint presentation, and she fangirls it quite a bit before/after class, but to her credit, my Japanese class is an advanced one and she doesn't act as though she's married to the underage animu boys.

I want more tales of less limits.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

the kawaiiest posted:

He's Jimmy Choo's son.

This Jimmy Choo.

My response after reading this: :psyboom:

That man makes lovely shoes and lovely children. WHY?!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pan Dulce posted:

My response after reading this: :psyboom:

That man makes lovely shoes and lovely children. WHY?!
Most likely? Because he's a busy man who tried to raise a child by throwing money at it until it was happy.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

the kawaiiest posted:

Danny Choo is also some sort of idiot who thinks that you can achieve anything in life if you work hard and follow your dreams. In one of his entries, he talks about how you always go get food when you're hungry and if you're well enough to do that then you are well enough to do some magic and get rich or some bullshit like that. He takes all sorts of poo poo for granted, like the fact that he never had to pay for his college education which is what keeps a HUGE number of people from getting better jobs.

e: the icing on the cake is that he tells all sorts of stories about his hardships in Japan while failing to mention his safety net.

He's Jimmy Choo's son.

This Jimmy Choo.

This is pretty typical of kids of rich people, really. It isn't just this weirdo.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
It's really easy to raise a kid who thinks money doesn't matter if you're that kind of ritch.

There's this one guy in my dorm this year, let's call him Bob. Now, Bob's dad is an anesthesiologist, something he's reminded us about twice a week. In his first semester, he only signed up for three classes and dropped out of one. Anytime he has to do work he makes an obvious fuss about it, probibly because it cuts into time he could be grinding for something in Guild Ward.

He's the American dream gone totally wrong. Both Bob and Choos fathers had to work their asses off to get rich, and both their sons are entitled assholes.

Bob is also afraid of partys and masturbates in front of his roommate, so these might just be two very extreme cases.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, you don't have to be a Danny-Choo-level loser to be an entitled rich kid. I may have mentioned this guy in the thread before, but during my freshman year of college, I lived in the suite next to a scion of the hyper-rich who was convinced that, since students on financial aid were receiving the same education he was for less money, they were all literally stealing from him. (Keep in mind that this was an expensive private college with need-based financial aid, so almost everyone had at least a little; in fact, I think Richie Rich here was the only person I ever met who had no financial aid.) His proposed solution was to have the college get enough subsidy deals with private interests that everyone could get a free/cheap education, and while that wasn't as bad an opinion as he could have held, it was still amazingly out of touch with reality.

Strangely, this wasn't the most awkward conversation I ever had with him -- that would be the one where he looked at someone's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie poster and exclaimed how hot Hermione was. "She's 12? So what?" ... Maybe this guy actually was a Danny-Choo-level creep, in retrospect.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
The discussion of this topic has drifted miles to the left of the original subject.

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

She's opening a portal to hell!
Let's go to McDonald's.
Wow, I haven't been able to post for ages because of my end of term workload but you guys have provided so many baffling and hilarious stories! Thanks for the constant source of weird experiences! And thanks, of course to Uglynoodles and La Fausse Tortue for their original stories (Belated apologies, Uglynoodles for the poo poo you're having to deal with. You sure as hell don't deserve that crap.)

I have a couple more stories to post if people are still interested, but I don't want to change the direction of an already awesome thread. :)

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012
The stuff you've posted so far has been awesome, I'm definitely interested in more crazy poo poo. Preferably with illustrations.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Lt. Marmalade posted:

I have a couple more stories to post if people are still interested, but I don't want to change the direction of an already awesome thread. :)

Glad to have you back! I'm pretty sure anybody who is reading this thread would not want you to stop. And yes, illustrations would be grand.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Wow, I haven't been able to post for ages because of my end of term workload but you guys have provided so many baffling and hilarious stories! Thanks for the constant source of weird experiences! And thanks, of course to Uglynoodles and La Fausse Tortue for their original stories (Belated apologies, Uglynoodles for the poo poo you're having to deal with. You sure as hell don't deserve that crap.)

Post stories post stories post stories. So I don't see 45 unread posts and think there's an actual story and end up all disappointed when it's just bjd and rich people chat.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Look at your avatar. We want you to post more stories. You know this.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Plus it's not like the thread has much of a direction anymore, we're a long way from the threads golden age. Make a post Lt.!

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011
I don't think the doll stuff is too far from the original intent of the thread, there seems to be a lot of overlapping in terms of crazy and the only difference I see is that dolls are inanimate objects while anime characters are just images.

Also, post stories!

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Please do post the stories, Lt. Marmalade. And draw more pictures of the crazies too.

Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012
The Vulcan Lady

Says it all really. Christina was convinced she was a Vulcan.

The summer was a particularly hot one and one day, everyone was complaining about the heat.

Christina: "I don't mind, it reminds me of home."

Everyone: "Oh, are you from the South or the Southwest?"

Christina: "Oh no, from there" And she pointed to the sky.

Everyone: "!"

I wasn't present for this conversation, but I later worked with her. In real life, she was a gossip who liked to be the bearer of bad news and (sadly) had ended up at the end of a divorce responsible for her husband's debts and rather than trying to fight it, worked constantly to try and pay them off.

Poison Cake fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 16, 2012

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.

Poison Cake posted:

The Vulcan Lady
I can't stop imagining the glazed look in her eyes as she points upwards, yearning and nostalgic. :allears:

Here's the next segment. Sorry it took a while, I had to put it all together. I'm figuring out how to use my tablet to draw on Photoshop so these comics are digital! Yay learning!

Energy Balls

As I mentioned earlier, Alan was a firm believer in his own “magickal” prowess and excellence. Being in the Pagan Club, I was sitting right in the middle of a dimension of delusions. Every single “serious” member of the club believed in “energy”, specifically the kind of energy you can manifest physically using your super saiyan powers. Alan wasn't even the first person to bring it up to me, people's conversations in the Pagan Club almost always gravitated towards energies. Had a fight with your girlfriend and broke up? Well it was obviously because your energy was earth based and hers was fire based, ultimately resulting in her being a destructive force in your relationship. Welp, should have listened to the Pagan Club members who warned you about this obvious obstacle right off the bat.

Of course, I had yet to see for myself an example of actual energy summoning. I had just heard about it offhandedly from members who talked about it so matter-of-factly that it was starting to really pique my curiosity. I was “educated” by Alan and two other prominent members, Green Bob and another batshit crazy lady who still plagues my Facebook (we'll call her Teresa). Now, I mentioned earlier that people in the Pagan Club believed that Green Bob was spiritually a tree (hence his nickname). This strangely serene, 6-foot-tall redhead despite being treated like some sort of enlightened god was legitimately a super nice guy, really. He was so chill, people around him could not help but feel chill too. Teresa on the other hand was very, very, unstable. She was one of those polyamorous pagans but the real awful side of her was based on how she would talk awful poo poo about people behind their backs. Nobody was safe, friend or not.

One night I was sitting with the three of them in the clubspace and of course, the subject of energy came up. I chose this moment to express my lack of understanding about the whole deal. Teresa puffed out her chest and stepped up to the plate to explain the intricacies of this hallowed subject.

Teresa: “Well, you know that everyone has energy. Without it, you wouldn't be able to feel happy or sad or whatever, kay? Kay. That's why when a psy-vamp is around, you feel tired and depressed. That's them sucking the energy out of you, kay?” :pseudo:
Alan: “And why we forbid them from entering this clubspace.” :colbert:
Green Bob: (sits serenely in the corner)
Me: “Okay, that makes sense, I guess.”
Teresa: “Kay so, everyone's energies are different, like they have different elements.” :pseudo:
Alan: “Mine's fire” :smuggo:
Teresa: “Yeah and I'm air, and Green Bob's obviously earth”
Green Bob: (smiles and nods ethereally)
Me: “But, how would you know? How can you tell what element your energy is?”
Teresa: “When we make energy balls, kay?” :pseudo:

This meant to say that when they conjured these energy balls, anyone would be able to feel the type of energy they produced. Of course they decided to demonstrate right then and there. Teresa was the first to do this. She sat on her knees, hovered her palms over each other, closed her eyes and began breathing heavily. Not much to see, but eventually she murmured, “Now stick your hand in”. I was supposed to stick my hand in between her beefy mitts. What could I do? Three other people looked at me expectantly, one of them my boyfriend. So, like any curious, peer-pressured person, I slipped my hand in the space between her palms and felt...nothing.

Me: “Um, I don't feel anything” :(
Teresa: “Exactly! The air I'm generating between my palms is preventing you feeling my natural body heat. Like a cooling system! It's great, isn't it?” :byodame:
Alan: “My turn” :smuggo:

As expected, Alan's energy conjuring stance was much more exaggerated and Dragonball Z-like. He took on the same position as Teresa only while holding his palms parallel to each other, he stuck his elbows into the air as if this took incredible strain. His face started to turn red. His breathing became faster and deeper while his eyelids were crushed together with the sheer force of his effort. His face shifted to purple.

Finally he let out this incredible release of air and said “There, now feel it” Oh I felt it alright, except this time, his palms radiated with the sweat and heat from the obvious strain he put himself through. His response was, “Well, that's because I'm a fire element”. :smuggo: I had seen enough. Thankfully Green Bob didn't feel the need to give his example. I guess his magical element was giving people back rubs. :confused:

*Edited cause I'm an idiot and forgot the last sentence*

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Hahaha! It's always poo poo like this with people who believe they manifest energy aligned with the elements, no? I was once told by someone who thought he was psyonic vampire that it was an effort trying not to take energy from the auras around him, then, when asked to cup my hands so he could "feel what sort of color my aura was," (and I did so, like a blithering idiot) after sticking his hands in, his eyes glinted and he almost licked my hand, were it not for my maneuvering it away. His response?

"Gold. Warm. Mmmmm, the best kind. You'd taste DELICIOUS."

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012
Lt Marmelade, you made my day.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
I knew a guy who believed (or at least claimed) the energy ball thing in high school. He was otherwise non-crazy and a good guy overall, so it was just kind of a "...huh. Okay, then" moment. Is this widespread?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Benly posted:

I knew a guy who believed (or at least claimed) the energy ball thing in high school. He was otherwise non-crazy and a good guy overall, so it was just kind of a "...huh. Okay, then" moment. Is this widespread?

Sometimes people carry their childhood hero fantasies into their teens. It's not really all that strange, and DBZ was pretty big during my teen years at least. It's only really weird when you base your entire identity around it and hold onto it when you leave school.

e: Well okay yeah it's still strange, but it's sorta excusable since most people grow out of it.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 18, 2012

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.

Pan Dulce posted:

"Gold. Warm. Mmmmm, the best kind. You'd taste DELICIOUS."

This...is the creepiest thing I've ever heard. :aaa:

Benly posted:

In agreement with Corridor. I would attribute it to the DBZ era. It's the nonchalance when talking about it that's so off putting. It's like it's so normal to them that there's really no issue mentioning it. It's like briefly talking about something weird your dog did, only it's your magical superpowers. "Yeah my water element was acting up today, but sure! Let's go get a sandwich!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010
My Digimon boyfriend believed it, and it seemed like it came from DBZ. However I do remember wanting to learn it (yes and it wasn't just curiosity, I was pretty gullible) and it was his Mom who was giving lessons to him, me, and another girl on their back porch.

She didn't get it from DBZ, so there's a possibility it comes from somewhere else (Isn't that what you're supposed to be doing in Tai Chi? Or at least pretending to be doing?) But the more I remember that hosed up family she could have been pretending to be very knowledgeable about something her son had already told her about.

• Locked thread