Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kamlen looks like a super-smooth fellow.

Also reminds me a bit of Jack, though I'm not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
As soon as it is possible I'm commissioning Tom to do a series of prints wherein cityface walks into zimmy's mouth.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

YF-23 posted:

Oh god what if Annie is ill because she got teen pregnant? :ohdear:

And with an elf, no less! What a scandal.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
What does the little crown symbol by her head mean?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Annie is missing her scar, something weird is going on.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Huntersoninski posted:

I imagine it has something to do with her being part fire elemental. You see it show up when Coyote is telling her about her heritage.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Ohtsam posted:

Annie is missing her scar, something weird is going on.

Good point. That's likely to be somehow related to how Zimmy had it earlier.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Huntersoninski posted:

Its her fire elemental ancestry showing itself. She's that Firehead girl, you see.

Edit: beaten like a red headed stepchild.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Nettle Soup posted:

Zimmy talks a little like the fairies.

No Zimmy is a brummie and the elves all speak estuary like the oiks they are.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
UGH

Tom, can you, like, do crappy, non-suspenseful comics on Friday so the weekend wait is less painful?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Warning: Chibisoma parody ahead

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Kamlen and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a Kat/Annie end?

Great, one more boring-rear end elf/human romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Tom didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the human characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them straight, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Kamlen's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. : There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about him and yet it's looking increasingly like Annie's going to end up with him.

Because Annie got Forest Fever, that's why. God forbid GCC take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that monospecies poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Tom. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, Annie'll die in the river, and Kat'll be there to mope around and build all the robots or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the court founders, always and forever.

VVV Tell you what I'll spoiler it.

FunkyAl fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 12, 2012

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't really want to read that again, even in parody form. :(

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Don't tell me there was someone like that posting here? :gonk:
That last panel was pretty :3: inducing, though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Still posting here, actually!

The story: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=394974181

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

FunkyAl posted:

ARGHAL BARGAL

You say that now, but wait until Annie becomes teen pregnant with a hook for a hand and a child who is tri-racial.

Edit: That could make for a good avatar

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yes, let's send the fire elemental out with the plant elemental. This'll surely end well and not in flames.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What is up with people being unable to tolerate same-sex friendships?

A student posted:

ARGHAL BARGAL

You rang? :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The site's been down for a few hours. :emo:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
The fire crown is symbolic. I wonder if the elf hug is as well. I guess we'll find out in a couple of pages, though.

Annie's eyes are closed this whole time, too; I wonder if that means anything (aside from "her eyes are apparently closed in the hospital bed").

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Annie recalls having such happy times with the elf family because those are the memories they planted after keeping her hypnotized the entire time in an attempt to pry Coyote's magic out of her living brain. Calling it now. :tinfoil:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Annie recalls having such happy times with the elf family because those are the memories they planted after keeping her hypnotized the entire time in an attempt to pry Coyote's magic out of her living brain. Calling it now. :tinfoil:

At least, that's what they want Annie to think. In fact, it was all just part of Coyote's master plan to take over Gunnerkrigg Court. Phase one of Operation Doppel-Jeanne-er.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kismet posted:

At least, that's what they want Annie to think. In fact, it was all just part of Coyote's master plan to take over Gunnerkrigg Court. Phase one of Operation Doppel-Jeanne-er.

Coyote having a master plan implies Coyote does anything for a reason other than whimsy or boredom, and that's just a world I don't want to live in. :colbert:

Also god damnit, I had blocked ChibiSoma from my mind completely. I still groan whenever I see him post somewhere.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bussamove posted:

Coyote having a master plan implies Coyote does anything for a reason other than whimsy or boredom, and that's just a world I don't want to live in. :colbert:

I've always figured that if Coyote even thinks more than an hour ahead the plan he is concocting was set in motion so long ago and will continue for so far into the future that even his fellow forest gods cannot comprehend it, and the goal of all this seemingly endless scheming will be to create the ideal conditions on earth for Salmon to turn green instead of pink or something for no other reason than his own amusement.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Well, I finally got around to reading this thing in the past two days. I cannot say I am disappointed in the least, and cannot for the life of me figure out why I didn't start reading it sooner. I think I will wait a bit, but this might also justify changing avatars too :v:

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
^^^^^
Gooble gobble! Gooble gobble!
One of us! One of us!

EDIT: Although not everybody is an instant fan. Over in the Making Comics thread:

Symbolic Butt posted:

No no, talk about how much a pedophile you are for drawing a comic with young girls in it. In an ironic/self-depreciating way. It's great.

Quetzal-Coital posted:

What are you referencing here?

Symbolic Butt posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court dude. I hope he got better about this because jesus christ.
Uh. Huh.

Urban Space Cowboy fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 13, 2012

Froodulous
Feb 29, 2008

Hey, head pigeon, is this a bad post?

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

^^^^^
Gooble gobble! Gooble gobble!
One of us! One of us!

EDIT: Although not everybody is an instant fan. Over in the Making Comics thread:

Uh. Huh.

Am I missing something here or is Symbolic Butt full of bullshit/projecting harder than a cinema?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Isn't that the guy who's avatar is a cartoon girls butt (ironically, I'm sure)? We should get him and chibisoma together sometime.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Isn't that the guy who's avatar is a cartoon girls butt (ironically, I'm sure)? We should get him and chibisoma together sometime.

A symbolic butt. Her/his title's a reference to a bit of drama that went on around Aaron Diaz a few years ago, where he tried to justify making the protagonist's butt the focus of his comic page by saying the camera angle was deeply meaningful to her relationship with the other characters. It was really dumb and one of the things that lost Diaz a bit of credibility at the time.

I don't know what Symbolic Butt (the poster) was referring to there. I've never seen Tom make those kind of comments, but then I'd also forgotten GC used to do guest weeks. It could be that SB has some wires crossed, or it could be that it's distant history. Either way, who cares?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

http://gunnerkrigg.tumblr.com/post/22963615772/do-you-remember-this-part-zach
Glad to see Tom is a fan of Deadly Premonition.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

That's how it usually goes down. Someone will make a stupid comment without knowing what they are talking about, then other people see it and think it's true. Before long I'm the pedophile that secretly wishes he was a little girl. It's happened plenty of times before. The only reason I'd even reply to it now is because I'd hoped that kind of thing wouldn't happen here on SA.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I imagine its one of those comments that's kind of inescapable when you draw or write something focused around children/teenagers. Especially now with Kat's whole deal.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The guy was making a point that Tom sometimes lets comments like that get to him and new authors shouldn't let that happen. It wasn't worded properly and we assumed exactly the opposite of what he meant. Crysis averted, goons are still intelligent people you can debate things with.

And yes, there are a lot of lovely people on the Internet who'll glance at GC and go "lol, teenage comic about girls, must be lesbians, guy is pedo lolololol". But gently caress them. It's not like that sort of people will ever achieve anything in life.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 13, 2012

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Saoshyant posted:

And yes, there are a lot of lovely people on the Internet who'll glance at GC and go "lol, teenage comic about girls, must be lesbians, guy is pedo lolololol". But gently caress them. It's not like that sort of people will ever achieve anything in life.

There are plenty of people besides Symbolic Butt on this very forum who would probably think that.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, I finally got around to reading this thing in the past two days. I cannot say I am disappointed in the least, and cannot for the life of me figure out why I didn't start reading it sooner. I think I will wait a bit, but this might also justify changing avatars too

Quick 'n dirty...

The worst socioeconomic system :smith:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Esme posted:

The worst socioeconomic system :smith:

Nooo! Commuboxbot! :smith:

Bocom
Apr 3, 2009

No alibi
No justice
No dream
No hope

Didn't she realise it was smoking time, Zach?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Oh my God, Tom plus Deadly Premonition. I think my head is going to explode like that dude in Scanners.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Somehow I'm not surprised at all that Tom is a Deadly Premonition fan, yet at the same time I did not see this coming at all. A nice surprise.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Ahaha I just noticed on GC's wikipedia page in the character list, Eglamore is listed as "James 'Jimmy Jims' Eglamore."

I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, the wandering eye is everywhere!