Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

SpaceBees posted:

Maximillian is selling poo poo because he's homeless, apparently working on Assist Me lost him his house. He tweeted about it the other day.

Yeah, he talked about it in the video too. His neighbors and landlord didn't like the filming. The house loss didn't seem to bother the production as much as the wesker baby and lay off though. I'm still hoping for an Iron man video if he can pick production back up later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

PSWII60 posted:

Yeah, he talked about it in the video too. His neighbors and landlord didn't like the filming. The house loss didn't seem to bother the production as much as the wesker baby and lay off though. I'm still hoping for an Iron man video if he can pick production back up later.

I would joke and say "Iron Man is too hard for Maximillian" but I remembered he did one on Jill and she's probably the only character in this game harder to play than him. He needs to do a Morrigan one too, eventually.

Finding a place to live should probably be a priority right now though. Does he have a job? I thought he actually worked in game development or something.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

AXE COP posted:

Turn x-factor into a one-use cancel move. No damage or speed boosts.

This but with the healing and zero chip damage too. Maybe make it burst if you arn't in blockstun/hitstun Basically make it like Melty as much as possible

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
On the topic of Zero being the best character, he can double TAC without X-Factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqBvcoy_jU4

"Morrigan, Zero, Spider-Man, and Chun-Li can air-dash cancel their first TAC activation as long as they executed it from a neutral state (i.e. not in the middle of a chain). Morrigan can reach a neutral state by activating flight, Chun-Li can jump cancel into a neutral state, and Zero is in a neutral state after a buster shot. In addition, all four characters can air-dash cancel their TAC activation after being called in from a TAC themselves."

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I thought I'd be happy with this game even if they didn't announce any DLC characters, but a few months later, it's all I can think about. Why won't you support your game with anything but costumes, Capcom?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Why won't you support your game with anything but costumes, Marvel?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So it turns out there is going to be a local tournament for this. Problem is I don't have Ultimate and no way to get access to it. I'm hoping to just pick my early vanilla team of Dante/Task/Dorm and not get bopped out early.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

This Doom combo was linked earlier in the thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjA61ejLrPw&feature=player_embedded
A question: After the c.M, c.H, S, does he do j.L f+h or is it j.m? I can't quite seem to be able to land in time to connect with c.M S

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

KingShiro posted:

So it turns out there is going to be a local tournament for this. Problem is I don't have Ultimate and no way to get access to it. I'm hoping to just pick my early vanilla team of Dante/Task/Dorm and not get bopped out early.

Dante and Dormammu changed pretty substantially. Dante's super easy day 1 combos of LMS j.mmh killer bee won't work because his moves have more pushback. I think most bold cancel combos still work though.

Dormammu changed for the better, but the big changes are 1) flame carpet goes away when you get hit 2) you can charge spells in the air and 3) f+H (finger shot) can be special canceled. So he's a lot more rushdown-y than he was before since he can't rely on the ridiculous defense provided by flame carpet. Finger shot xx teleport, then air dash S to set up your own ridiculous mix ups. Oh also you can chain LMH, which is nice.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

McCloud posted:

A question: After the c.M, c.H, S, does he do j.L f+h or is it j.m? I can't quite seem to be able to land in time to connect with c.M S

In the time it took you to write this post, you could have watched the first few seconds of that video a few times and seen that it's j.L. If you don't hear the "bzzt" sound when it hits it's not j.M. The trick seems to be to do as many f+H foot dives as possible in the combo, and the way to do that is do do j.L > f+H instead of j.M.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They posted the top 8 for shadowloo showdown and it's amazing.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...nives-and-more/

The first two matches are losers bracket then the next two are winners bracket. Everything else should be easy to figure out from there.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

McCloud posted:

Come on dude, his input display is on.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Boxman posted:

Dante's super easy day 1 combos of LMS j.mmh killer bee won't work because his moves have more pushback. I think most bold cancel combos still work though.

:( I guess I'll practice Wesker then, or change up to Wesker/Doom/Dorm or something.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

KingShiro posted:

:( I guess I'll practice Wesker then, or change up to Wesker/Doom/Dorm or something.

Wesker got changed a bit in Ultimate made easier, and you honestly don't need more then 3-4 minutes practicing to get him up to speed, unless you want to go for his flashy stuff.

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Here is the thing with Dante combos do the easiest and simplest combo that you will never ever drop THATS IT, like you can do really fancy poo poo for like 30-40k extra but you might drop it so don't.

This is the easy mode everywhere Dante combo.

5M,5H,6H,623L+S~M,j.M,j.H,j.236L,land,S~HH~S,8j.236L~L,land,(3HHH6H,L+S,j.S),623M~M,super
*only do the 3HHH stuff in the corner

Here is my hard mode midscreen Dante combo
5M,5H,6H,623L+S~M,j.M,j.H,j.236L,land,S~HH~S,2369L~L,236M~M,j.S,dash 3HHH6H~2L+S~2S,j.S,land,623M~M,super(ohh cool I did 20k extra sure is fun, I pretty much only go for this when screwing around)

Like I can basically screw around and make poo poo up and break 650k with Dante but I don't think I have ever broken 750k in a match without using 2 meter.

Both of these combos work in vanilla and ultimate in fact they are a bit easier in ultimate if you can do the vanilla ones the ultimate one will come out easy. Don't forget to mash during supers in ultimate!!!

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 12, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

KingShiro posted:

I think Dorm/Doom/Wesker would be a better order. Wesker assist helps Dorm extend combos, and XF3-4 Wesker will probably get you easier comebacks than XF3 Dorm.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah, Dorm's assists aren't that hot(especially compared to Wesker and Doom) so he's probably best as a point character.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Wesker/Dorm/Doom would give you a nice battery/meter-user/assist dynamic, while Dorm/Wesker/Doom gives you a relatively safe DHC into wesker with floating bomb xx phantom dance. Wesker is kind of the current hotness because he's very scary in XF3, but if doom is your last character you can kill a character anytime with X-factor guard cancel > level 3.

tynam
May 14, 2007
Check out wentinel's clips, he runs Wesker/Dorm/Magneto pretty drat effectively. The team synergy is essentially the same as Wesker/Dorm/Doom if you're using Doom's plasma beam assist instead of missiles.

Dorm's assist's are slow to start, but they last so drat long they're incredibly good for corner mixups. Wesker on point can handle nearly the entire cast. You just might have some trouble vs good Trish/Morrigan players. If you do have trouble, you can always hard-sub in Dorm point during the loading screen, for pillars, spells and chaotic flame to shut down keepaway shenanigans.

Wesker combos to thc with just Dorm deals ridiculous damage, dhc from dance to bomb is much safer since dance is pretty unsafe if blocked, and Dorm/Wesker as mentioned below is a nice combo extension when Dorm gets dhc'd in.

God I hate Wesker so much.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Is there any interest in having another goon tournament?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I know Zero is frustrating and obviously a very good character but considering he hasn't really been dominant at all isn't it about time to stop talking about "zero tier"?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there any interest in having another goon tournament?

I'd be down. I missed the first one and I was hoping there would be more.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Wezlar posted:

I know Zero is frustrating and obviously a very good character but considering he hasn't really been dominant at all isn't it about time to stop talking about "zero tier"?

What do you mean by dominant, just appearing on top of majors? Zero's so technical and so well known to be busted that the top tier of players don't seem to want to pick him up. Plus there was that guy at whatever tournament Kusoru swept who just clowned on everyone but PR Rog and Kusoru, who only seemed to have it because log trap poops on Zero. Mihe?

It seems like Zero's just going to get scarier and scarier because the character's a bottomless pit of traps and options, this isn't kneejerk Sentinel nerfing or whatever because the game's clearly old enough and just about everybody's asking for it from the top tier of players on down.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wezlar posted:

You don't call this dominant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lZ3179U6W4g#t=401s

tynam
May 14, 2007

McCloud posted:

It's a j.l f+h. The timing is really tight though, you need to hit that j.l and f+h as soon as you superjump cancel from the ground s, otherwise you won't addf fast enough to land the cr.m.

The combo is pretty swag, but unless you're a really solid execution player, I'd rather go for easier combos for a bit less damage.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I mean, clearly that was a strong performance but I don't know if you can justify nerfing a character when one top player plays it and has won a single major tournament. The argument that he's busted but top players don't want to pick him up seems really silly. Tons of people played Phoenix, do these same players just not want to win anymore?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Eldred posted:

this isn't kneejerk Sentinel nerfing or whatever because the game's clearly old enough and just about everybody's asking for it from the top tier of players on down.

Nobody who wants nerfs ever considers it to be kneejerk but it still is the majority of the time. I don't know if six months can be considered 'old enough' either.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TaurusOxford posted:

The look on ChrisG's face will never fail to get chuckles from me.

The argument about Zero being "too cheap" or "too good" is ridiculous. The one for him being too technical and execution heavy in a game where Wesker can literally kill a guy from full health in less than 10 hits is more persuasive, especially when you see even people who main Zero regularly dropping the lightning loop combo during tournament play.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I mean, certainly you can make the arguement that Zero is the best single character in a game where you need 3 characters on your team, but considering he's not putting up dominant results, in fact very few top players are even playing him, how do you nerf him while still leaving him as a viable character? If you nerf him does anyone play him at all? Is that the result from 'balancing' that we want?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Wezlar posted:

I mean, clearly that was a strong performance but I don't know if you can justify nerfing a character when one top player plays it and has won a single major tournament. The argument that he's busted but top players don't want to pick him up seems really silly. Tons of people played Phoenix, do these same players just not want to win anymore?

Dante and Magneto were unabashedly the absolute best characters in Vanilla Marvel 3 but nobody picked them up by the dozens either, they all went to Wolverine since he was easier instead.

Tournament standings don't determine everything and top players won't always play the best characters, especially not at the start of a game's lifespan. Zero is very obviously busted by his toolset and if watching any video of Sam doesn't show you that then you are clearly delusional because even a lovely Sam knockoff can still be a major threat as long as they're competent enough to do the lightning loop, which isn't as hard as it's made out to be.

I mean "oh b-b-b-but wesker!!" is a loving week one argument and doesn't hold any water considering their toolsets. The "oh but there's three characters on your team!!" is also bullshit when he kills your entire team off any touch while he has giant screen filling gently caress-off projectiles that all confirm into meter positive death combos.

You try blocking a real Zero incoming mixup because the actual probability of you escaping is less than 10%.

If you only look at tournament results then he doesn't sound like a threat. But She-Hulk was the most common character in Top 3 of every single major in vanilla. And Wolverine for Top 8.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 12, 2012

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TaurusOxford posted:

Zero's bullshit, but it warms my heart to see ChrisG's lame-rear end team get bodied.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Do people seriously think Zero is a "technical" character? He's loving braindead and if you watched the Chris G video and thought it was a fluke then you probably don't understand what's going on in that video.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

We all agree that Zero is great, I guess it's just a disagreement about how you should approach balancing a game. I personally think that as long as a character/strategy doesn't dominate the competitive landscape it shouldn't be nerfed since overall it would just result in less diversity, but I can see how if you think that potential/toolsets are more important than results you would want to see a nerf.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So much advice/help, thanks. Training mode, awayyyyyyyy!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Ybrik posted:

I'd be down. I missed the first one and I was hoping there would be more.

Yeah. I don't know who organized the first one around when the game came out, but it's been a while. We should try to keep the scene active!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Do people seriously think Zero is a "technical" character? He's loving braindead and if you watched the Chris G video and thought it was a fluke then you probably don't understand what's going on in that video.

He's "technical" compared to Wolvie and Wesker.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot more Zeros and Vergils as this year goes by.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
how do you lose a condo making a youtube series of
doctor doom cosplay videos with fighting game tips

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

stay depressed posted:

how do you lose a condo making a youtube series of doctor doom cosplay videos with fighting game tips

Clearly Doom is to blame. Keeps stealing the landlord's yogurt. :v:

To be serious, because they're constantly using studio-grade equipment which makes a lot of noise when moved around. Not to mention that the Chris Redfield video had a shitload of people in the room at once, which probably wasn't the most quiet thing.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Honestly I'd just be happy with removing the special cancel property on Zero's level 3 buster shot.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Metrohunter posted:

Honestly I'd just be happy with removing the special cancel property on Zero's level 3 buster shot.

I think removing it would be too much. If they just limit how many times he could use a level 3 charge shot during a combo(let's say, two times a combo), it would nerf him enough without making him bad. At least then he won't be able to one-touch kill 3/4 of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

stay depressed posted:

how do you lose a condo making a youtube series of
doctor doom cosplay videos with fighting game tips

When his landlord said "keep it down" he responded by making a new video with 20 additional actors. Stick it to the man, Maximilian!

• Locked thread