Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dead Man Posting posted:

Looking forward to reading 100+ unread posts in this thread tomorrow.

Why, is a new Wild Cards book coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

Why, is a new Wild Cards book coming out?

No (well maybe, I don't know), but Ygritte is bound to slip some boobage which will cause goons to flip out over how hot-or-not she is.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Dead Man Posting posted:

No (well maybe, I don't know), but Ygritte is bound to slip some boobage which will cause goons to flip out over how hot-or-not she is.

I think her name makes her less hot, I think of grit which summons an image of a dusty, weathered old woman with steadfast determination and not much else

:goonsay:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bigmcgaffney posted:

I think her name makes her less hot, I think of grit which summons an image of a dusty, weathered old woman with steadfast determination and not much else

:goonsay:

I honestly like the name Ygritte and Yvonnel

Ingrid I can leave or take, but I do like northern names.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dead Man Posting posted:

Redhead, female? Usually enough for me.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

Redhead, female? Usually enough for me.

Did you read the 5-6 pages on Ygritte alone last Sunday/Monday? Apparently not everyone agrees.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hedrigall posted:

Bitchin'. Going into the OP now.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
What's the scene they're taking that from?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

From Bart Gets Famous, his "I didn't do it" line.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
How old is Penny when Tyrion meets her, and does she say anything about her family? I have a sneaking suspension that she could be Tyrion's daughter.

Speculation withdrawn.

Maarak fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 13, 2012

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

she's 18, Tyrion is in his mid 20's. So no. But keep it up! Speculation is all we have for the next 5-heat death of the universe years.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Maarak posted:

How old is Penny when Tyrion meets her, and does she say anything about her family? I have a sneaking suspension that she could be Tyrion's daughter.

Penny talked about knowing her father and having a dwarf mother in a circus for a while.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dead Man Posting posted:

Did you read the 5-6 pages on Ygritte alone last Sunday/Monday? Apparently not everyone agrees.

Yeah and I don't care.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sunday is reactions.

Monday-Wednesday is boob talk.

Thursday is book reader invasion.

Friday is legit talk.

Saturday and early sunday is speculation.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Hey now, at least once a season a quarter of Monday is limpdick talk and a few other times it's topless-man talk. Even then though Tuesday and Wednesday are Rosboob talk.

Anyway, more innocence-chat:

Saul Goode posted:

Unless you take it to mean that he identifies with the little people of the world, and while the ignorant elite continue at their game of thrones he'll just keep doing whatever he has to do to ensure that their power struggles don't gently caress up the land and its people.

:lol:

Gyges posted:

It's all part of the long plan for an uprising of the people. Today it was a market square, next it might be a disruption of Joffrey's favorite teas, then a mob storms the black cells, an ideologue rises to direct the reprisals against the nobility, Stannis retakes Kings Landing, he begins to wage a war in the west, bread riots break out, Stannis is captured as he tries to make his way out on a boat, and the lower 6 kingdoms unite in a glorious worker's state. Of course it all starts to devolve into chaos soon after. Then the savior of the people, a foreigner born on a small island just off the continent, rides in with her dragons and crowns herself Empress to the joy of the people.

Book reader spotted.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Why aren't we all talking about this?

GURN posted:

Melinda is also scripting the Wild Cards movie for SyFy films.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

:ughh:

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 13, 2012

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
After the latest episode my toommate went and read all the spoilers on wikipedia purpose.

I introduced him to the series but I can't take credit for it. He Wildcarded himself.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

bigmcgaffney posted:

After the latest episode my toommate went and read all the spoilers on wikipedia purpose.

I introduced him to the series but I can't take credit for it. He Wildcarded himself.

What did he think? Was he let down when he knew how it all turned out, or excited to see it play out on TV?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Junkenstein posted:

Why aren't we all talking about this?

This will actually be really good because enjoyment of Siffy original productions is inverse to objective quality.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

What are you talking about?

SS Doomtrooper was a cinematic tour de force.

The only thing missing was Bruce Boxleitner.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
SyFy original films are the best.

I hope they get a washed up 80's girl pop singer and either Lorenzo Lamas or Casper van Dien to star.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Why not both? They could play a Jekyll/Hyde Wild Card.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

bigmcgaffney posted:

I bet this is a vast majority of the TVIV posters, no way goons have the self restraint to not look up things in the wiki, specially during the season breaks.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

El Hefe posted:

I bet this is a vast majority of the TVIV posters, no way goons have the self restraint to not look up things in the wiki, specially during the season breaks.

I was going to do this so I just read all the books instead. I don't think there's too many totally unspoiled folks out there, at least not posting on SA.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I don't know how the non-book readers can keep anything straight with all the characters the show throws at you and doesn't bother to name. Or why they wouldn't want to read the books beforehand to get all the references and motivations of the characters. It's like they only get half the story and are really ANGRY if you suggest they might want the entire thing.

It's not being spoiled, it's knowing what the hell is going on. :argh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Pharaoh McGaffney II posted:

After the latest episode my tombmate went and read all the hieroglyphs on wikipedia purpose.

"toommate", indeed.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

empty sea posted:

I don't know how the non-book readers can keep anything straight with all the characters the show throws at you and doesn't bother to name. Or why they wouldn't want to read the books beforehand to get all the references and motivations of the characters. It's like they only get half the story and are really ANGRY if you suggest they might want the entire thing.

To be fair does anyone who has actually read the books know what the hell is going on?

ya got moxie kid!
Apr 22, 2006
what

empty sea posted:

quote:

I just finished rewatching season 1, since I didn't really pay much attention to it the first time around.

Is it ever explained why Varys gave a royal pardon to Daenerys sidekick (forgot his name - it's the guy that wants to do her - the white one) right before he saves the girl from death-by-poisoned-wine?

During the small council scene where Robert commands the asassination of Daenerys, it is revealed that Varys is receiving his information from the sidekick knight, so I'm assuming he initially sweared allegiance to Vyseris so that he could buy a ticket home (or maybe he was recruited after he had already sworn allegiance).

Therefore, I guess, to be able to receive the royal pardon, the job would need to be concluded. The job can only be conlcuded if there is no more need to keep tabs on the Targaryen children. Because they're dead.

I'm guessing the royal pardon came a bit early, which is what tipped sidekick knight off to the impending asassination attempt.

This would make sense, excep that at this point I believe Vyseris is still alive. Wouldn't Robert want to continue keeping tabs on that one, or is everyone somehow aware that Vyseris is the Targaryan equivalent of Theon?

On the other hand, I recall Arya overhearing a discussion Varys was having in the crypts with a foreign dignitary, which hints at Varys' interests being more in line with that of the Targaryens than that of the Iron throne. This was further compounded by Varys obvious distress when he learns Littlefinger was aware of the meeting. Or atleast, that's what I got out of that.

So yeah, what's with the royal pardon, who was the sidekick knight working for orginally and to what goal?

Bless.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
The thing is that there is a GIGANTIC loving OP detailing every. single. character. That's what amazes me every time this happens.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, I don't get why people would skip the OP's that Rarity makes better than the rest of the thread itself and still not know how to spell Geoffrey.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I guess ADWD was written for those people. "Having trouble following what's going on? Okay, have a book where nothing happens."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, I don't get why people would skip the OP's that Rarity makes better than the rest of the thread itself and still not know how to spell Geoffrey.

Zchau'phri :colbert:

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
Theon killing the children without Ramsay? IDK how I feel about that.

The whole episode is awesome.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Did Dagmar stick with him at all? Because goddamn they've made him even worse if he did it all by himself.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

zalmoxes posted:

Theon killing the children without Ramsay? IDK how I feel about that.

The whole episode is awesome.

Can't wait to watch a million people argue about if it makes Theon look too mean or too stupid or too inbred or too whatever.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Tonight's episode had NO tits, I don't pay HBO for this poo poo.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So, was the last sex scene in the show Joffrey abusing the hell out of Ros/other one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's kind of telling which characters turn out to be unimportant by who makes it to the series and who doesn't.