Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

AXE COP posted:

Nobody who wants nerfs ever considers it to be kneejerk but it still is the majority of the time. I don't know if six months can be considered 'old enough' either.

If this were ten years ago and discovery were still limited to actually playing people, sure, but do you really see the game's meta shifting that much further? And it's not like Zero's one-touch kill nonsense is going to suddenly disappear just because someone discovers decent tech with, god only knows, Hsien-Ko? I'm not sure what unmined potential you think you're seeing.

e: I guess maybe Chun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Speaking of undiscovered tech, did anyone ever find that tech Seth Killian kept preaching about with Jill?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
a true artist suffers for his craft

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
zero is about as hard to play as sentinel or morrigan, while also being better when you suck

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Hey folks. I'm loving around with Ghost Rider and I know you can use Dormammu's Dark Hole assist to extend his combos, I'm just not sure where to put it. Also, any advice for a third slot? I'm messing about with Ghost/Dormammu/Chris but Chris doesn't have the best synergy.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
Do whatever starter into QCB L, then call Dorm walk back a step and use heartless spire. You need to do it early in the combo because of hit stun decay, though. For a full example, I use GR/Dorm/Doom missles and my BNB is whatever xx QCB L, walk back a step and call Dorm, Heartless spire H,H xx SRK M, H + call Doom at the same time, H XX QCB H missles OTG, QCB L QCF L XX QCF super.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

quote:

This is the easy mode everywhere Dante combo.

5M,5H,6H,623L+S~M,j.M,j.H,j.236L,land,S~HH~S,8j.236L~L,land,(3HHH6H,L+S,j.S),623M~M,super
*only do the 3HHH stuff in the corner

Is this right? Because it doesn't seem like you can cancel off of 6H. If I cut out the bolded part then I can do the combo fine for the most part.

Man doing Beehive (623M~623M) in vanilla sucks.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Dante has a seemingly useless command jump called Bold Move, done by pressing L+S. The not-secret-anymore use of this move is that the prejump frames can be canceled into a special move. Look closer at the notation: f+H xx dp+L+S~M. Basically you're canceling Stinger into Bold Move, but also inputting Volcano (DP+M) at the same time so it looks like you're just getting f+H xx dp+M. Go youtube "dante bold cancel tutorial" and you'll get a shitload of video tutorials.

also Shinsobeam, dude, use your spacebar when you're notating combos man. I feel like my eyeballs just roll off of those formless hunks of letters and numbers. Just putting a space between each comma would make a big difference.

Sade fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 13, 2012

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sade posted:

In the time it took you to write this post, you could have watched the first few seconds of that video a few times and seen that it's j.L. If you don't hear the "bzzt" sound when it hits it's not j.M. The trick seems to be to do as many f+H foot dives as possible in the combo, and the way to do that is do do j.L > f+H instead of j.M.

I did watch the video, but I was having such trouble connecting with j.L f+H ADDF that I had to double check with you guys just to see if I was missing anything or if it was just a matter of poor execution. Guess it was the latter!

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Sade posted:

Dante has a seemingly useless command jump called Bold Move, done by pressing L+S. The not-secret-anymore use of this move is that the prejump frames can be canceled into a special move. Look closer at the notation: f+H xx dp+L+S~M. Basically you're canceling Stinger into Bold Move, but also inputting Volcano (DP+M) at the same time so it looks like you're just getting f+H xx dp+M. Go youtube "dante bold cancel tutorial" and you'll get a shitload of video tutorials.

Oh, so you can do the command plus S and you'll bold cancel into it? That explains why I've been having so much trouble bold canceling to teleport.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

zero is about as hard to play as sentinel or morrigan, while also being better when you suck

Morrigan is much harder than either of them to play well.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

People honestly underestimate the amount of thought ChrisG, Dieminion, etc. put into their spacing and execution when they play Morrigan. It looks, easy but it isn't.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Cat Machine posted:

People honestly underestimate the amount of thought ChrisG, Dieminion, etc. put into their spacing and execution when they play Morrigan. It looks, easy but it isn't.

There were a couple of Morrigan scrubs in pools at Summer Slam and last week's Runback that made good examples of how Morrigan is tricky to play. I will leave any Wesker jokes as an exercise to the reader.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Cat Machine posted:

They DO combos with her and her combos are not easy at all to do. Multiple flight cancels with Soul Fists in one combo is incredibly difficult.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Cat Machine posted:

I don't understand the widespread contempt for styles like that bullet hell ChrisG does (irritation I can understand, but not contempt). Even though it can fail pretty spectacularly, it's drat impressive to watch and it shows a level of control and timing that most players simply don't possess.

The people who are so quick to knock it should try it first.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Cat Machine posted:

I was implicating that people overestimate how hard zero is and underestimate how hard sentinel is (because 90% of people that play him still do day 1 poo poo), not that morrigan is easy or stupid or anything.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
A little late but I would also be interested in another goon tourney.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

I have a little Spencer/Magneto question here that I would be most delighted if somebody could answer!

Basically when I DHC from tempest into bionic maneuvers I can follow up with a tiger knee H grapple and then a down zip, armor piercer and another super.. we've all seen this many times, yadda yadda. This takes 3 bars.

However it occured to me today that if I only have 2 bars it would be really advantageous for me to be able to obtain the version of the tiger knee H grapple that occurs when a wall bounce has already been used, because it's a much stronger mixup game after that (the opponent can't roll out of the corner and you get a nice meaty M)

So my question is- is it possible to use a wallbounce at some point either before the DHC (via armour piercer assist for example? it doesn't seem to be compatible with hypergrav loop, though) or after the DHC (so convert the first tiger knee grapple into another knockdown and just do it again?) so that I can achieve the instant get-up state?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
With Spencer you can do a TK H grapple, late air S, land, H grapple, L follow-up for another knockdown.

You can go from there either into another TK H grapple or into a TK Bionic Bomber for a ground bounce/H command grab reset attempt.

Edit: Actually I should have read more closely, after a Magneto combo you may not be able to get it due to the scaling. Maybe with a down-zip and really tight timing.

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 13, 2012

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Yeah, I think the solution is to do the 2 diagonal zips into H grapple, L followup but when I've been trying it they always seem to end up on the wrong side of me. I can't do S zip zip H grapple because once I touch them with an S they fall out immediately at 100 hits.

Edit: managed to get it on the same side so they go into the corner but it's quite exact. Guess I need to grind it until I find the perfect height at which to do it.

Blinn fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 13, 2012

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I would be interested in a goon tournament -- but not this week. I won't be able to play at all this week.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
A goon tournament would be awesome. Especially if it's on PS3!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Who ran the tournament last time?

I have wanted there to be a goon tournament or goonbats or something for a while but I do not want to run it.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
I'd be stoked to do a goon tournement, if it's PS3 and on a weekend. I don't think I've played a single one of you folks yet.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I'd totally be down for a PS3 tournament.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Hey folks. I'm loving around with Ghost Rider and I know you can use Dormammu's Dark Hole assist to extend his combos, I'm just not sure where to put it. Also, any advice for a third slot? I'm messing about with Ghost/Dormammu/Chris but Chris doesn't have the best synergy.

Go Ghost/Trish/Dorm! Oh, you got stuck in that trap? Good thing I can hit confirm from anywhere with Ghost Rider :jiggled:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I'm also interested in a tournament (on the 360) now that my internet connection doesn't suck.

tynam
May 14, 2007
Down for a tournament on the 360 as well. Who was the person who organized it before?

If they're preoccupied, I can go ahead and get this next tournament rolling.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
Count me in for a PS3 tournament. =)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm down to play a PS3 tournament. I work this weekend though.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I'd play in a PS3 tourney even though Diablo will be out and I won't practice

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'm in for 360, I don't have a stick for my PS3.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I'll do the 360 tournament but I'm probably not gonna practice and I don't really play the game and I'm gonna be really drunk and I can't do any combos, also I play on a controller.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I'm down for PS3 but I want to get at least as drunk as this Spiderman guy so I'm going to need updates from the 360 tournament.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
I'd also sign on for a PS3 tourney, even though I play controller like Dr. Spiderman and I frequently get beaten by players who sound like they're twelve.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
I'd be down for a PS3 tourney. Hopefully I can hold my own.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'd be down for a PS3 tournament to help someone warm up

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
Definitely down for a ps3 tourny. I'm a second lord rolling spencer/felicia/shuma.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
5 million goons want to play tournament but 0 goons want to actually make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
Personal pet peeve: I just met what I think was my first lag switcher. Any time I'd get a zero or vergil combo going, it would be slow mo time. I still managed to win a lot; I just had to switch to easy mode baby combos. Also, dude couldnt seem to block exchanges during so I started abusing that. Was completely obvious.

Blah, just wanted to rant. That actually made me salty even though I was winning.

• Locked thread