Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

404GoonNotFound posted:

I forget, wasn't the flimsy justification for that costume some sort of brittle-bone curse from Hel or something, necessitating MORE ARMOR? Because I'm pretty sure that thing covers even less than usual for Thor. Thankfully Heroes Reborn happened* and got rid of that piece of poo poo post-haste.

*Seriously, as bad as an entire universe of Liefeld was, people keep forgetting that what it replaced was even worse.

So he needed more armor for protection but chose to leave his torso exposed and unprotected where his vital organs are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

404GoonNotFound posted:

I forget, wasn't the flimsy justification for that costume some sort of brittle-bone curse from Hel or something, necessitating MORE ARMOR? Because I'm pretty sure that thing covers even less than usual for Thor. Thankfully Heroes Reborn happened* and got rid of that piece of poo poo post-haste.

*Seriously, as bad as an entire universe of Liefeld was, people keep forgetting that what it replaced was even worse.

You mean we will never get an animated version of the crossing then having to do Avengers forever to make sense out of it?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dacap posted:

So he needed more armor for protection but chose to leave his torso exposed and unprotected where his vital organs are?

Well, as you say, it's just organs, there aren't any bones there, and that's what needed the extra protection.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

Thor didn't do all those crunches just to hide his killer abs.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Codependent Poster posted:

Thor didn't do all those crunches just to hide his killer abs.

Ah yes, the Huntress defense.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Gaz-L posted:

Why did you put Jubilee/Robin III in there? They're both well-known sidekicks to the resident badass hero of their universe.
And they were also in their iconic looks. This was well before Tim got angsty and wore his dead boyfriend's colors and even longer before Jubilee became a vampire.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

XboxPants posted:

Holy poo poo my eyes bugged at out at Hulk offering scientific tips to Tony. Goddamn Avengers I hope you guys are watching out for that, smart hulk is not something you want to gently caress with at all. Possible Maestro forshadowing makes me shiver.

Hey, he's a physicist. He knows this poo poo.

(That was my favorite part of the episode.. My biggest complaint in the show so far has has been not enough Banner, so it's nice to see him poke through every now and again.)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did anyone else catch Vibe in the preview in the Young Justice ending credits for next week's DC Nation shorts?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Aqualad is evil now... Goddamn I hope they don't go for the obvious "I was only evil to learn the evil secret plans". That's so cheap.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It seems legit, considering that there was evidence that he didn't leave the team on the best terms.

Of course, it's looking more and more like enough interesting things happened during the timeskip that there would've been enough to just show the events. I swear, it's like all the disadvantages of trying to get back into a comic you haven't read in a while without the ability to check out what you missed on wikipedia. :psyduck:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So I've been doing a lot of web surfing to find specific Batman material lately, clips from the 90s animated series and the like, and I keep seeing people talk about Batman: Brave and the Bold like it's an abomination, and that really depresses me.

Oh noooo, Batman is being lighthearted! They're ruining everything!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

So I've been doing a lot of web surfing to find specific Batman material lately, clips from the 90s animated series and the like, and I keep seeing people talk about Batman: Brave and the Bold like it's an abomination, and that really depresses me.

Was it written before or after the series came out?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

Was it written before or after the series came out?

Throughout. People doing Arkham City Let's Plays talk about various Batman cartoons and when they get to Brave and the Bold they just go "Oh, GOD, can we not talk about that bullshit?" and the like. It seems pretty widespread.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Throughout. People doing Arkham City Let's Plays talk about various Batman cartoons and when they get to Brave and the Bold they just go "Oh, GOD, can we not talk about that bullshit?" and the like. It seems pretty widespread.

Then those people are stupid. They were using Silver Age Batman and other happy characters. They had easily the best Aquaman and the second best Jamie(the best Jamie is the one from his first series)
It was just a fun show.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Liar posted:

Aqualad is evil now... Goddamn I hope they don't go for the obvious "I was only evil to learn the evil secret plans". That's so cheap.
I kinda doubt it, given the chain of events is supposed to be the team letting his beloved not lover die and then he finds out who his father is.

Lurdiak posted:

People have no grasp of the character's history and I guess can't enjoy anything fun.

Sucks to be them, brave and the bold was on point every episode. Great show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: Never mind, asked a question, realized the answer immediately after clicking Post :doh:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Then those people are stupid. They were using Silver Age Batman and other happy characters. They had easily the best Aquaman and the second best Jamie(the best Jamie is the one from his first series)
It was just a fun show.
Comic book afficiandos should have gone nuts over that series, because it paid the most homage to the Silver and Golden ages.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Baron Bifford posted:

Comic book afficiandos should have gone nuts over that series, because it paid the most homage to the Silver and Golden ages.

Ya but most think that Batman has to be dark

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Best part of the new Young Justice? Watching the whole Bat-family go crazy on a bunch of baddies. Oh...and M'gann brain frying another Krolotean

I want to say that I like all of the strange shifts in personal dynamics between a lot of the characters. (Like with Sups/Connor.) But I'm not all that confident that they'll be able to flesh them out properly without seeming hackneyed.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Did anyone else catch Vibe in the preview in the Young Justice ending credits for next week's DC Nation shorts?
Yeah, I did. I thought that was interesting considering the recent Trinity War promotional having Vibe as part of the JLA.

Of all the characters fans WANT to see (Wally, Donna, Blackbat, Spoiler), it seems odd that DC would be giving *him* a push.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Why not? He has a good power, he's hispanic, and he's from Detroit. Most of all he's an original character, and not just a rehash of an existing one. Not that I don't love the characters you listed, but the smart money goes to Vibe. Maybe they'll bring back Citizen Steel and team them up.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Die Laughing posted:

Why not? He has a good power, he's hispanic, and he's from Detroit. Most of all he's an original character, and not just a rehash of an existing one. Not that I don't love the characters you listed, but the smart money goes to Vibe. Maybe they'll bring back Citizen Steel and team them up.

Static can fufill two of those requirements at least. Of all the minority superheroes with electricity powers why does nobody remember Static...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TheHan posted:

Static can fufill two of those requirements at least. Of all the minority superheroes with electricity powers why does nobody remember Static...

Maybe they don't wanna exploit him out of respect for Dwayne McDuffie?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

TheHan posted:

Vibe doesn't have electricity powers. I'm sure Geoff Johns took Vibe as a personal challenge. I'd like some more Static, but we see how his last series turned out.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Well true, but considering that we've seen 1) the reboot is not generating significant numbers of new readers and 2) Vibe and the entire Detroit League were so reviled, it surprises me that DC thinks he should get a push.

But then, DC's made a lot of decisions lately that I just don't get, so maybe it will work.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

Vibe doesn't have electricity powers. I'm sure Geoff Johns took Vibe as a personal challenge. I'd like some more Static, but we see how his last series turned out.

Well, apparently his last series was a horror story of editorial interference. Presumably if competent writers took the character, then he could be salvaged.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really liked this episode for the sweet Bat Family action and that they didn't defuse the bomb at all and didn't attempt to since they had no clue how it was rigged up. Aqualad reveal seems fine with me because did you see his dad's sweet gig? I'd totally want in on that.

Die Laughing posted:

It better be Vibe. Vibe is a cool dude.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Chaltab posted:

Well true, but considering that we've seen 1) the reboot is not generating significant numbers of new readers and 2) Vibe and the entire Detroit League were so reviled, it surprises me that DC thinks he should get a push.

But then, DC's made a lot of decisions lately that I just don't get, so maybe it will work.

It was Geoff Johns' idea. It's the logical extension of his "You think character X is a joke? I'm going to make you like him, and there's nothing you can do about it!" philosophy. I bet he's going to flip the script on the Detroit League and make them like the New Avengers to the Justice Leagues Avengers.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
USM remains a disappointment this week, but Spider-Man getting smashed up against the window was hilarious to me for some reason. I kind of wish that the show would just be full on comedy instead of trying to mix in legit super heroics.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Meanwhile, the Avengers just kicked poo poo into high gear.

Bobbi as one of Fury's Secret Warriors and the Skrull Queen? Holy poo poo :supaburn:

Gotta wonder how far they'll take this though. If someone utters the words "he loves you" I may just poo poo a brick.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

404GoonNotFound posted:

Bobbi as one of Fury's Secret Warriors and the Skrull Queen? Holy poo poo :supaburn:

Gotta wonder how far they'll take this though. If someone utters the words "he loves you" I may just poo poo a brick.

Having never read Secret Invasion, I do not understand the significance of this reference. :(

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ToastyPotato posted:

Having never read Secret Invasion, I do not understand the significance of this reference. :(

Long story short, it's a trigger phrase for sleeper agents.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

404GoonNotFound posted:

If someone utters the words "he loves you" I may just poo poo a brick.
INNNFFEERRRNNOOOOO

I have Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on the mind.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
Does this take place in the same universe before or after Justice League Unlimited?

Because if it is before, I want to know why Harkgirl ended up married to Hawkman and not Jon Stewart. And what happened to all of the other leagers.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

spikenigma posted:

Does this take place in the same universe before or after Justice League Unlimited?

Because if it is before, I want to know why Harkgirl ended up married to Hawkman and not Jon Stewart. And what happened to all of the other leagers.

Separate unlinked continuity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

I really hope that Fury has another team of Secret Warriors and Ares is on it. We need Ares and Hercules having a missile battle on top of a plane.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp

jscolon2.0 posted:

Separate unlinked continuity.

Awww :(

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
EMH is doing such a good job in this invasion story line compared to the YJ version. I wish more people watched EMH.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

i like tacos posted:

EMH is doing such a good job in this invasion story line compared to the YJ version. I wish more people watched EMH.

It is doing a better version then the actual event. I can not wait to see if they will gently caress it up like the comic version. I really can not wait for the poo poo to hit the fan when the Skrulls are revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's better because it's not at all the comic event, like at all. Secret Invasion is bogged down by bad resolution and really horrible set up. EMH doesn't have to focus on all that ridiculousness, you just have some really well written Avengers and then maybe some Kree show up.

Poor Carol too :(

• Locked thread