Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i like these announcers because they talk like golf announcers. there's no reason to yell all the god drat time we're adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Interesting strategy from Glover...

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I'm reading on Twitter that Nick Diaz hasn't showed up yet. I'd laugh but given that this is a charity event, it's pretty lovely of him if true.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Helwani reported that he didn't show up as of like an hour and a half ago, and as of 10 minutes ago everyone is radio silent so he said "we'll see how this plays out."

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
In a sport with a lot of loving idiots, Nick Diaz reigns supreme.

Grab Your Foot!
Apr 24, 2007

The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
Glover almost seemed a little uncomfortable to start the match but he certainly closed in style.

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Nick Diaz is Nick Diaz

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Diaz not fighting because Braulio didn't make weight I guess. But still lovely.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
haha Braulio challenging him to an mma match

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

guy in a jetta posted:

is nick diaz gonna get clowned on?

You could say that.

I wonder what his excuse is.

Grab Your Foot!
Apr 24, 2007

The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
Well that looks a bit bad for Braulio what with the show of indignation but I wouldn't be so excited to have to roll with a dude like thirty pounds heavier and better at jiu jitsu than the guy I expected.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I wonder if Nick will still donate his purse to charity.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Oh my god, I watched like 2 hours of this poo poo and Diaz didn't even show up. gently caress you, Diaz.

Braulio would literally die in an MMA fight against my main man fighting out of the mighty Stockton, Cali, Nick Diaz. Nick Diaz is the best.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
robert drysdale narrowly continues his streak of never participating in a superfight

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lol that was classy by Robert, trying to put on a super fight on the spot.

Also Cesar Gracie just tweeted, Nick is out.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Grab Your Foot! posted:

Well that looks a bit bad for Braulio what with the show of indignation but I wouldn't be so excited to have to roll with a dude like thirty pounds heavier and better at jiu jitsu than the guy I expected.

gently caress that poo poo. I'd roll with Big Mac if it were for charity.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Im not watching, but was Drysdale at the venue watching the matches, and just asked Braulio if he wanted to roll for the fans?

Grab Your Foot!
Apr 24, 2007

He was just there in a T shirt and when Nick didn't show he was one of a bunch of dudes who offered to roll for the fans, half of whom were already gone. I can't believe he really expected the offer to be accepted.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

fawker posted:

Im not watching, but was Drysdale at the venue watching the matches, and just asked Braulio if he wanted to roll for the fans?

it seemed that way. he might have been working in some capacity.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Nick Diaz is kind of a oval office.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
No bjj match is anywhere near as entertaining as Nick being Nick.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
gently caress yeah nick diaz is awesome

*smokes a bowl of dank :420:*

*doesn't go to work on monday*

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ulio posted:

Diaz not fighting because Braulio didn't make weight I guess. But still lovely.

Braulio made weight, Layzie was spinning that he didn't because he sucks.

Nick Diaz also sucks, no one is surprised.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Haha I was planning on going to this event today but something came up and I couldn't go until like 6, but I'm glad I decided against going that late since I didn't want to pay $20 just to see Nick Diaz not be there

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
It takes a real special kind of rear end in a top hat to bail on a charity event.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

what a fuckin retard

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
At this point, it's more surprising when Nick actually shows

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Nick Diaz - Objectively Pro-Cancer.

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass

fatherdog posted:

Nick Diaz - Objectively Pro-Cancer.

idgaf, still can't hate on that guy!

dokomoy
May 21, 2004
Man, watching those super fights live was awesome. Did Kron address what happened at the end of the match in his post match interview?

And I got armbarred in my first match :(

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I haven't had a chance to speak to him yet but Braulio just posted this on facebook:

quote:

Braulio Estima A
Unfortunately the so expected super fight Estima vs Diaz didn't happened. I'm very sad as I did everything possible for it to happen. I weighed in at 180lbs this morning at 10 am as agreed and asked to see nicks weighing too but I was informed by Cesar his Coach that he was 180lbs in the previous night and that he ate and is over 180lbs even though I just let it go an still showed up to fight. What pisses me off the most is that he was telling he was going to give his purse to charity for the childrens hospital and than don't show up. What kind of person is that. Shame. Ps. I'm sorry for all the ones who stayed up to watch this fight but I'm sure the prelims fights was amazing. Thank u all for the support aways
I'll try to find out more when Braulio gets back but it seems not even Cesar knows why Nick didn't show :confused:.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

beadgc posted:

idgaf, still can't hate on that guy!

man, your crazy. almost as crazy as nick diaz himself

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Taratang posted:

I haven't had a chance to speak to him yet but Braulio just posted this on facebook:
I'll try to find out more when Braulio gets back but it seems not even Cesar knows why Nick didn't show :confused:.

He was busy in Ross Goodman's office typing up another sworn affidavit about how big of a scared bitch Keith Kizer is.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
he didn'T go to school for jiu ji... oh

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I wonder what his excuse is for not showing.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's like whatever. How was I supposed to know about this thing or whatever?

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hes scared.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
Apparently Diaz is now saying the organisers changed the weigh in rules to accommodate a fellow Brazilian and also accused them of not donating the money to charity.

It's pretty weak since there was never any rule about weighing in at a specific time and weighing in on the morning is a disadvantage if anything.

I'm not going to even try to understand accusing the organisers of theft from a charity.

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

Hes scared.
Basically this.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNF0lgcZ_44&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

I wish someone would stuff money into buffers hands until he announced him as nickie diaz