Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Update.

So it looks like grannyJade nabbed the 4th wall. Maybe that's what the giant thing in Jake's inventory is?

Yeah, I think so too, the foreshadowing is pretty clear on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

(The meteor gang will just sort of drift in from the Furthest Ring, I guess.)
I still want to know how they plan on stopping that thing. Hopefully by slamming into Derse.

On another note, if Roxy's dreamself is still hanging out in that dreambubble, maybe the meteor gang will pick her up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The fourth wall that B1 Jake stole is the portal that the battleship entered; the one it's going to exit is the one that B2 Jade stole.

I mean we already knew that but now we know we know it.

What kind of help is DD going to call in, I wonder? HB is dead, SS is incarcerated, and CD is occupied.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
One option would be more drones. I mean, Dirk's already fighting some of those with one of his selves, why not the other one as well? I guess that's more for when they've found him, though.

Sawtooth, maybe. :v:

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Since it's pretty obvious that Grandma Jade and Grandpa Jake both went to the island to dig up technology from the ruins, and apparently grabbed the 4th wall, I honestly see no reason to believe that there's just simply a transportalizer either in the tower or the frog temple.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Speak of the devil, a PoV change exactly when I started feeling one of my first real bits of "lack of PoV change fatigue". And to a relatively fresh face as well. DD proves that it's possible to be classy and yet still almost as funny as his boss.

This reminds me of poor Hegemonic Brute, though. I don't think we ever got a segment of PoV from HB ever. Pre-scratch we only saw him from the view of other characters before he died, and post-scratch he's already dead, so I think the only time we ever got to briefly step into his shoes was as Hearts Boxcars.

Speaking of him being dead, I too share the curiousity of who DD's calling in.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Update.

So it looks like grannyJade nabbed the 4th wall. Maybe that's what the giant thing in Jake's inventory is?

I was going to say that from the wording used, it sounded more like items were sized in his inventory according to their actual size, rather than their importance. ...But then I realized that the post-scratch 4th Wall may already be in huge "Capable of fitting a battleship through it" mode. :aaa: (Although I'm sure with her abilities, it's not like the battleship couldn't fit through a regular-sized 4th wall by shrinking first, if it came down to it, coming out small ala the trip through Hussie's mansion.)

A bit funny since my initial guess of what was in his inventory was Grandpa Harley's battleship.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

What kind of help is DD going to call in, I wonder? HB is dead, SS is incarcerated, and CD is occupied.

Midnight Raider posted:

Speaking of him being dead, I too share the curiousity of who DD's calling in.

Maybe he's going to conscript WV.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A good poster posted:

Maybe he's going to conscript WV.

Sounds more like a job for AR.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Oh hey, update. Looks like Jade did the family thing and stole the archagent's fourth wall. Interesting that she apparently headed into the session and back out long before (on the incipisphere's timeline) any of the players arrived.

Well, all we know is it was stolen some time ago. That doesn't preclude Grandma Jade being in the B2 session right now.

E: I've always had the impression that in Cascade Jade blew the fourth wall up to regular size from her inventory, then shrunk the battleship down to fit through it. Not like we really had any other reference to go by.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Thundarr posted:

Sounds more like a job for AR.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please :dance:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
The thing in Jake's inventory is so big because it has to have a spaceship fly through it. The 4th wall has been pre-enlarged this time.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Hoping for a PS reference in the near future. Preferably involving a giant stone bust of Snoop Dogg.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Wanna pilot that battlemech. :allears:

total fecal
May 1, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
In yesterday's update, was "your dead girlfriend is finally coming out of her shell" some sort of reference or pun?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

SWITCH HITLER posted:

Hoping for a PS reference in the near future. Preferably involving a giant stone bust of Snoop Dogg.

So Jack gets Jail Break, DD gets Problem Sleuth, CD gets Bard's Quest, and Boxcars gets AND IT DON'T STOP.

Works for me.

Edit: am I really that stupid? The answer may surprise yoy

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well, it isn't AR. But from appearances it looks like it is just about as shooty.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

total fecal posted:

In yesterday's update, was "your dead girlfriend is finally coming out of her shell" some sort of reference or pun?

It is a joking reference to the fact that she's wordy as hell.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Pardon me, good sirs, but would that happen to be a giant walking codpiece with dual gatling gun attachments?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

gently caress yes. The return of Drillgorg!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
So are the Star Trek edits the only thing left unreferenced?

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

creationist believer posted:

So are the Star Trek edits the only thing left unreferenced?

I don't think he's referenced Barty Andrerson yet either.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

quote:

You were pretty smooth about it, offering to light her cigarette during a calculated pause. And she doesn't even smoke. You're just that good. While you were making your smooth pitch, you did a masterful job of giving her the impression that you didn't care much one way or the other.

DD now stands for Don Draper.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't think there has been An Inappropriate Time for Ham yet on Homestuck, either.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Going back and rereading Homestuck Book 1 in preparation for Book 2 showing up this week, I can't help but wonder about the BEAGLE AEGIS, a defensive measure that John uses in the first fifty pages and never again. Hussie even comments on this in the commentary.

It would be extremely silly if the reason that Jack keeps one-shotting people when he tele-stabs, or the reason that all the trolls one-shotted each other when some of them went crazy, is because everyone has been making weapons, but no defensive items.

Attack value: 255, Defense value: 3

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobulus posted:

Going back and rereading Homestuck Book 1 in preparation for Book 2 showing up this week, I can't help but wonder about the BEAGLE AEGIS, a defensive measure that John uses in the first fifty pages and never again. Hussie even comments on this in the commentary.

He comments on it again in book 2, when the imps get ahold of John's stuff, so ...

He also mentioned how forts were made 4 times in Problem Sleuth, but only three in homestuck so far, and comments on how the "how to drink tea" section of WV's etiquette guide has not been brought up yet. Here's hoping for a WV tea party in A6I3.

He also comments on what the frog in a blender could represent in the grand scheme of things, which probably signifies the destruction of BSlick, but you never know for sure with Hussie.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The only way Dronegorg could be better is if it were just as useless and pointless as Drillgorg and Logorg.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
DD is right. "Penultimagent" is an excellent word and I can only hope that a situation will one day arise, perhaps in the distant future, when I can use it in conversation.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Does And It Don't Stop count as an MSPaint Adventure? Because I'm reading it right now. It sure is a webcomic about the marriage of rap battles and robot cage matches.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Does And It Don't Stop count as an MSPaint Adventure? Because I'm reading it right now. It sure is a webcomic about the marriage of rap battles and robot cage matches.

No, Hussie wrote And It Don't Stop before he started MSPA and Jailbreak. There are a number of comics he did before MSPA, and AIDS was one of them.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Level Slide posted:

That was already referenced here:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=019.jpg

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bobulus posted:

To be fair, Dad is seen wearing it here and Terezi can obtain it in the first meteor walkaround flash. It has never again been used as a defensive object, though.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Update!

Looks like he was pretty slick about getting that ring, there.
Should I be worried, horrified, or nothing? I mean, the ring has no powers if there are no prototypings, right?
...Right? :ohdear:

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
Update: wait, that ring isn't even prototyped, it doesn't have any of those orbs on it. Isn't it going to be kinda worthless now?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Remember that the rings, even without the prototyping effects, apparently have some base power going on. "Red Miles" I don't think was intrinsically granted to the ring by the prototyping, even if it was powered up by it.

I doubt it'll be nearly as powerful on him as the prototyped rings were/are on Jack, but it should at least grant him some beamy poo poo I'd think.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Silva posted:

Update: wait, that ring isn't even prototyped, it doesn't have any of those orbs on it. Isn't it going to be kinda worthless now?

Well, there was that book in Seer: Descend that talked about adding orbs to a ring...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm highly excited to find out what happens next.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cue Act 6: Act 3: Act 2: The Squiddle Intermission for 3 years.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So am I the only one who accompanies that final panel with a 'DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUN!'?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The ring grants no powers now. When the Beta groups make it there, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Would the ring even work on a troll?

Edit: nevermind, he's going to wear it.