Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I played my Nintendo 64 for the first time in what feels like ages :3: It was so awesome. I also beat a water level, and everybody knows how much those suck.

One of these days I will actually finish Banjo-Tooie, I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
A week back from NC, and feeling like myself again! On top of eating better, sleeping better, and exercising regularly again, I just got a call from a recruiting company about a possible job opening in town :dance: If all goes well, it'll be similar to the IT/desktop support work I've done before, has a high internal promotion rate, and some additional work with server monitoring and maintenance. Fingers are crossed!

E: Got a second lead on a job today - did the first phone interview this morning at 11am, and have a follow-up with the IT Manager tomorrow morning at 8am :) both this and the job above start at $18-20 per hour and are day shift, and fairly close to where I'm staying. Come on, YOTJ :pray:

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 04:36 on May 16, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

New job is still rocking it, tomorrow is Friday, and summer is almost here.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Vigilante Banana posted:

Desmond Tutu delivered the commencement speech at my university's graduation ceremony today, and I got to sit in the front row right next to the stage because I sang at the ceremony. He is so. Freaking. Cool.

Lucky. I did tech support for Eboo Patel once, but that's no where near as cool as Desmond motherfucking Tutu.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Haha look at these weird goons, makin' up imaginary people with gibberish names.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
This is the back of Mythbuster Adam Savage right before he came into the restaurant I was eating at in the Mission in San Francisco today.

I don't geek out over celebrities normally, but I was a bit giggly over the sighting. Good thing I didn't ask for a proper picture with the guy, because as big a fan as I am, I thought he was Jamie up until I checked the spelling of "Hyneman" a second ago. He looks, dresses and acts EXACTLY as he does on the show!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I went to bed at 8 pm last night (this is a good and very necessary thing), finally switched to my replacement phone so now I can actually charge it, its Friday and I'm about to have a great weekend going to a friends wedding. Oh, and right now, my kitty is trying to sleep on my laptop :3:

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My boss is gone today, I paid off my car and I'm going for a walk around the lake at lunch. Also, my summer reading for law school should arrive today or tomorrow!

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Last week I had an interview that I thought I bombed because the guy didn't seem very enthusiastic or impressed with me. But this morning I got an email from him saying that I "seem perfect for the job"!

Bonus: the job is as a kiddie train-ride driver :3:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Since summer has started for me and my classes are all over, I've been getting so much sleep, it's crazy. Today's payday for me, and I have the two days I requested off next week since I'm going to my first amusement park with my friends (I was a very, very sheltered kid.) And hopefully next week I'm going to start Starting Strength, so I'm excited about that.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
My photographer just sent me a preview of my engagement photos and I am just so happy with how they look. I was worried because it was a windy day, I was afraid my make up didn't look good enough or my clothes didn't look good or whatever. I'm very self concious in front of the camera and 90% of photos of me look like crap. But these just look amazing. I've been stressed at work, trying to find a new job, trying to plan my wedding, which is turning incredibly stressful, and this just made my day. And it's Friday before the long weekend.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I have today off. It is 87 degrees and sunny. I washed my car this morning, went out to lunch and got back to find out that I also got my expense reimbursement back from work. On top of that I got doctors results saying that I didn't in fact get gonhorrea from those Costa Rican prostitutes I picked up when I was on vacation! Now I have a cold beer and a weekend to kill.

Edit for clarity: I don't have gonhorrea at all, prostitutes or not.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I finally beat the loving crown level in Super Mario 3D Land. :slick:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Just a drug test and background check away from getting my first job :buddy:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Avocados posted:

Just a drug test and background check away from getting my first job :buddy:

Smoke a joint to celebrate!

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
Today I took my fat-rear end self and my getting-to-be fatass son and walked briskly for 30 minutes. Baby steps. We'll go back out tomorrow. Feels good, man.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got a paycheck, and I have another $60 coming to me, so I can afford the jacket I was looking at the other day. And I finally gave in and bought a "Troy & Abed in the Mooooooooorning" mug.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
One of my best friends asked me to be his best man while we were drinking last night. This means I'll be best man at 2 weddings about a month apart next year. And both bachelor parties will be shooting guns and drinking.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
This past week I put a deposit on my first very own adult apartment, which is actually a townhouse because the cost of living in the area I'm moving to is so drat cheap. 2 bed/2.5 bath 1100 sq foot recently renovated townhouse for $750 a month? :hellyeah: No more roommates! Only people I will be sharing my living space with will be the boyfriend and my two chinchillas.

Also put a deposit down on a nicer new car than I was originally planning on with my extra money from the stupidly low cost of living in the area. No property taxes either.

Edit:

Also it's my birthday today :toot:

Problem! has a new favorite as of 16:16 on May 19, 2012

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

This past week I put a deposit on my first very own adult apartment, which is actually a townhouse because the cost of living in the area I'm moving to is so drat cheap. 2 bed/2.5 bath 1100 sq foot recently renovated townhouse for $750 a month? :hellyeah: No more roommates! Only people I will be sharing my living space with will be the boyfriend and my two chinchillas.

Also put a deposit down on a nicer new car than I was originally planning on with my extra money from the stupidly low cost of living in the area. No property taxes either.

Edit:

Also it's my birthday today :toot:

:drat: Where do you live that's so cheap? And happy birthday!

I got a pretty sweet jacket that was originally $50 for $13, so I'm pretty happy. Now I just need a cold day!

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Coffee And Pie posted:

:drat: Where do you live that's so cheap? And happy birthday!

I got a pretty sweet jacket that was originally $50 for $13, so I'm pretty happy. Now I just need a cold day!

Waco, TX. The most expensive 2 bedroom apartment I found was around $1000 a month and it was brand new with all sorts of community poo poo I'd never use (free tanning bed, for one. I don't want to pay for skin cancer!).

But then again, it's Waco. Not exactly the most cultured city. But hey, I have a good paying job and it's cheap. I can stand living here for a while.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Chelsea won this afternoon! Made dinner for friends without drama this evening. Watched two great movies while getting poo poo done tonight. Nothing to do this week but read and write. Just a question of willpower...

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Got Assassins Creed 1 + 2 for 10 dollars on steam.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Finished physical therapy today and I've made a huge improvement in just a couple months. Also, and more importantly, FLORENCE + THE MACHINE TICKETS!!!!!!! :woop: They aren't till October but I'm already looping Ceremonials for the millionth time.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Let's see...

-Finished the lectures for corporations law today. In a good standing to pass the unit overall.
-Just received my results for my computerized accounting assingment. When I did it last time, I scored 0% which caused me to fail the unit. This time, I got 90%! This made me extremely happy. :)
-Had training with the ATO yesterday. Went very well.
-May have a position with St Vincents in regards to helping refugees 2 hours a week.
-Got my enrollment for the work placement unit all sorted out. Turns out I only had to press one thing on BB to make it work.
-Got an interview for work placement with said employer. Happens next Thursday, with Uni training for said position on next Wednesday.
-Went out on a date with a girl (as friends), met another girl on the bus, sexy time with her later that night. Moral of the story? Girls are crazy.

All in all, a very busy day and week.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Having my first cup of coffee in a week. Aaaah, come to daddy, sweet dark roast... :cool::coffee:

VVV :hfive: I turn (officially) 22 a few weeks after you do. Sup, celebration-drink buddy!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:45 on May 25, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just realized I turn 21 in 12 days and that my Roger Waters concert is only 2 weeks away! First legal drink of alcohol AND Pink Floyd live just two days apart, poo poo is gonna be awesome.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My father is going to that exact same concert and once again, he isn't taking me. :argh: Though he did give me an awesome Pink Floyd hoodie for christmas and that kind of makes up for it.

On the brighter side, my social studies student teacher is leaving today. While she was very nice, I'll be glad to have my cool regular teacher back, if only for a few weeks.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It's been a miserable allergy season, but I finally got my hands on medicine stiffer than the over-the-counter goods. From what I can tell, it's working. :)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Wednesday was birthday and I was given free coffee and a cookie at my local cafe. When I walked into work and my co-workers sang various goofy versions of "Happy Birthday" and one of my bosses baked me a cake.

Yesterday my friend took me out for a drink and dinner which lead me to finding a new bourbon I enjoy.

Tonight my best friend and I are going out for dinner then more drinks.

But the best part of today is I finished a huge project at work and when I leave tonight I have 5 whole days off that will include a massage, pedicure and long stretches of not doing a drat thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Today (well, a few days ago, really) I realized that I had met the person I may just spend the rest of my life with, and she feels the same.

I think I love you, Jen.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Today (well, a few days ago, really) I realized that I had met the person I may just spend the rest of my life with, and she feels the same.

I think I love you, Jen.

Mega :swoon: (with a cape on) :allears:

My day is awesome today because I just read this and I LOVE YOU TOO.

Here's hoping we don't have an E/N thread in our future (kidding)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

jennyinstereo posted:

Mega :swoon: (with a cape on) :allears:

My day is awesome today because I just read this and I LOVE YOU TOO.

Here's hoping we don't have an E/N thread in our future (kidding)

Quit getting romance in our awesome things thread!
Just kidding, congrats on being in love and stuff.

My day was awesome because my copy of Arkham City got here way sooner than I anticipated, and I got it for $15 less than retail price!

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Just crossed "MILF" off the list :smug:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

KittenofDoom posted:

Just crossed "MILF" off the list :smug:

:hfive:

The last couple weeks have been pretty great, all things considered - came back from NC the weekend of May 5, got my gym membership renewed, and less than 2 weeks after getting back I landed a nice IT job with a starting pay of $20/hour :dance: Plus, I feel more energized and my body hasn't taken as long to get back into condition as I thought it would after taking time off the gym (while in NC, couldn't afford a membership and was out a little over 3 months).

On top of that, got in touch with an old high school buddy I hadn't seen or communicated with in about 12 years - his family moved during our junior year of HS when his dad got stationed in Germany. I looked him up and he lives on the east coast now, has been in the Air Force himself for a while, and pretty much looks the same as he did in high school. Meanwhile he almost didn't recognize me because (a) I didn't lift weights at the time we were friends and (b) I had a LOT more hair, which has since thinned out and the reason I sport a shaved dome. Pretty goddamn cool to catch up with him and shoot the poo poo for a while :)

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Ate delicious pork pyros for dinner, it was fantastic!

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

I've lost a hundred pounds and I'm in the best shape I've been since high school. Also, it's my birthday.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A-Kon preregistry stopped loving around with my application :toot: Now I can freely mingle with hordes of cosplaying nerds this weekend!

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Slept in, caught up on Game of Thrones (great episodes), cleaned up the house, cooked a lot of food, did a bunch of laundry. All ready to go for the week.

But most importantly, I just watched Aliens for the first time. Sigourney Weaver is such a loving badass. Those last 45 minutes were so awesome! That is mostly why today is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I got off work today at 2:30 in the afternoon. My coworker and I decided to do trivia since we haven't had a chance to drink together in a while and the person in charge liked our team name so much that he gave us the same reward as if we had done well enough to place. Our team name? My couch pulls out but I don't. I have fun plans tomorrow, seeing a baseball game. I got my first REAL run in softball yesterday. Good week :)