Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Umbriago posted:

My stepdad is a builder/labourer. The owner of the place he's been working at was throwing out this Maratz hi-fi system and Bose speakers. Said I'd have 'em.

Life is sweet. :)

Ah gently caress, good grab :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

Woah I had no idea that was OOP, I remember seeing that poo poo like 3 or 4 years ago for $15 and now it doesn't go for under $50. Its a shame cuz I loved that album then but was too cheap to buy it and if I had it now I would have sold it in a heartbeat.

I've only had the album on CD, but having recently heard the new remaster, I jumped on the vinyl right away. Plus, the new cover art kicks rear end.

Seriously. The orignal cover art is badass, but this is just perfect, IMO. :350:

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

david puddy posted:

Well, drat. Is it awesome? I ordered the same bundle but I don't expect it to arrive for more than a week

I honestly haven't had a chance to give it a proper listen yet. But if you've liked the latest stuff from SW or Opeth I think you'll like this too. It's kind of fun trying to figure out which bits of each song were written by which artist.

A few moments in the title track had me grinning like crazy but most things by SW seem to have that effect on me.

Also there was some sort of screw-up with the posters apparently so I'm also being sent a smaller, autographed one. Works for me.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Picked up The xx s/t and Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die... and then came back home to find my Portugal. the Man order came in (It's Complicated Being a Wizard and the Got it All 7"). Finally have their whole discog :swoon:

RDreamer
Apr 10, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Blisster posted:

I honestly haven't had a chance to give it a proper listen yet. But if you've liked the latest stuff from SW or Opeth I think you'll like this too. It's kind of fun trying to figure out which bits of each song were written by which artist.

A few moments in the title track had me grinning like crazy but most things by SW seem to have that effect on me.

Also there was some sort of screw-up with the posters apparently so I'm also being sent a smaller, autographed one. Works for me.

Are you in Europe or the USA? Did you ever get shipping confirmation on it?

I ask because I haven't got shipping confirmation and a lot of other people seem to be confused on when its even being sent out. You're the only person I've seen on the internet that's got it, and that made me hopeful that they sent them all out ahead of time, but now they've been returning the money they charged a lot of people for some reason...

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I'm in the same boat, I ordered it from Roadrunner. On the product page it mentioned a signed poster but the product page seems to have been deleted and I haven't gotten any confirmation emails or anything so now I'm kind of worried after reading that people have been getting money back :confused:

I only recently got my first turntable and I am keen to hear the vinyl version of this because it doesn't have mastering or something so I hope it comes :ohdear:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

david puddy posted:

I'm in the same boat, I ordered it from Roadrunner. On the product page it mentioned a signed poster but the product page seems to have been deleted and I haven't gotten any confirmation emails or anything so now I'm kind of worried after reading that people have been getting money back :confused:

I only recently got my first turntable and I am keen to hear the vinyl version of this because it doesn't have mastering or something so I hope it comes :ohdear:

I ordered mine from Stereo Butique and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or anything, which is sort of lovely since I thibk tomorrow is the release date, but yesterday I got an email saying that I was getting a signed poster or something at a later date, and in there they also wrote that "the albums probably been sent and might have allready gotten there, gently caress if we know."

Good job loving up the debut of a greatly anticipated band, I guess.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I said in the prog thread, I caved and bought the CD/blu-ray at a local shop today and it is awesome. The Hag demo bonus on the blu-ray is actually better than the proper version too which was cool. It's about what I was expecting and I'm looking forward to hearing the vinyl mix when it eventually arrives

edit:
it shipped :woop:

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 8, 2012

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

RDreamer posted:

Are you in Europe or the USA? Did you ever get shipping confirmation on it?

I ask because I haven't got shipping confirmation and a lot of other people seem to be confused on when its even being sent out. You're the only person I've seen on the internet that's got it, and that made me hopeful that they sent them all out ahead of time, but now they've been returning the money they charged a lot of people for some reason...

I'm in Canada actually. Ordered from StereoBoutique, got the confirmation and a few e-mails about the poster thing (I got the larger poster and they are apparently sending me the signed one separately). No problems at all!

That's really worrying that they're refunding people. Have you tried contacting them at all?

Blisster fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 7, 2012

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
I just received some really sweet stuff:

ELpH vs COIL - Worship the Glitch

signed (supposedly, even if it's not authentic it wasn't too much more)

there's also "Sleazy" on it in white paint pen, but I can't find any comparison pics to gauge its authenticity.

and Invasives - Embracing Evil 7"

on green vinyl

I also found out that Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II by Earth is supposed to be played at 45 (It sounds pretty awesome at 33).

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Does anyone know if Mastodon-Levithian (sorry spelling) is out of print? I see it's on amazon now but I thought it was OOP.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Harry Privates posted:

Does anyone know if Mastodon-Levithian (sorry spelling) is out of print? I see it's on amazon now but I thought it was OOP.

It looks like it's been repressed something like five times, with the most recent one coming last year. So it probably is in print, they're a pretty popular band so I doubt Relapse would keep the record out of print if they could help it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A year late but finally ordered maudlin of the well's new album, "part the second". They had a bunch of different versions, with some still available too.

http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/20756-maudlin-of-the-well-part-the-second-2xlp

I ordered the white one. No markings at all to tell what side it is aside from the scratches on the inside (a,b,c,d).

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Got White Suns and Drokk in the mail today. Drokk was fuckin' covered in cut paper and dust. Track 1 seems quieter than the rest of the album, but overall, loving boss.

White Suns put out another killer album, y'all should check it out.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Haven't picked up any vinyl recently but my mom just visited and told me next time I visit my old home I should take all of her old records. She doesn't remember everything she has but she knows she has some Randy Newman so I'm stoked about that.

Also found this shelf unit in the alley yesterday. i was planning on getting a single 1x4 Expedit from Ikea to finally get my stereo off the floor. This will do in the meantime though. It's only tall enough to old 7"s which is a bummer but at least it allowed me to get more shelf space on my bookcases and my 2x4 Expedit.

I'm liking how it looks. And yeah the DFA1979 record is that reissue. Got in in the mail a bit back.

Edit: Just pre-ordered the Purity Ring record. Looking forward to that!

Blendy fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 9, 2012

thebigpicture
Nov 14, 2007
Nice, Blendy!

I just got the Futurebirds - Seney-Stovall Record Store Day release in the mail.

Kind of forgot about it, but definitely a nice surprise. I've been spending too much money lately (all non-vinyl stuff), but have the urge to go down to the store and pick up a bunch of used stuff.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I just got my first (cheap) turntable set up properly (it is a Sharp RP1122) and I am surprised by how good it sounds. I guess because the only other time I've listened to vinyl was a 30 year old DSOTM record on a poorly maintained system, but :iia:

Also got Catalogue / Preserve / Amass by Steven Wilson in the mail today

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

A year late but finally ordered maudlin of the well's new album, "part the second". They had a bunch of different versions, with some still available too.

http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/20756-maudlin-of-the-well-part-the-second-2xlp

I ordered the white one. No markings at all to tell what side it is aside from the scratches on the inside (a,b,c,d).

Holy god drat poo poo that is delicious.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

I don't know if you've all seen this or not but in this interview Kevin Shields mentions that vinyl reissues are in the pipeline, a few months out:

http://www.pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8809-kevin-shields/

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
For fans of The Big Lebowski, the OOP soundtrack is up for pre-order at SoundStageDirect.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
I don't know whether anyone in this thread is familiar with Urfaust, but I recently ordered this. It is an absolutely beautiful 3LP bundle featuring a compilation of their early demo work, remastered, as well as an EP. The compilation + EP come in their own slipcases which are then housed in a bigger slipcase. Although the bigger slipcase can barely fit the other 2, and it feels far too snug for comfort, this is a thing of beauty. The embossed logo on the slipcase looks amazing, as does the white/grey art with the gold logo. The splatter on the vinyls themselves looks great, and the side of vinyl which is also etched is very impressive. Cannot get over how good this package is, I just wish that the overall slipcase was wider and sturdier (like the slipcase that houses Opeth's Live at the Royal Albert Hall set). The slipcase itself is something you're more likely to find over a jewelcase CD. I would upload my own pictures, but I don't think you can with a standard account?

EDIT: I just got the vinyl out for pictures, and the overall slipcase seems to have expanded slightly and now fits the vinyls properly. Being shipped flat was probably why it seemed so tight at first. I am so happy with this set, worth every penny. The pics in the original link are probably better, but here are my own for those interested:

(I tried to get a picture of the etching but it was very difficult)

(closeup of some of the art, really does not do it justice)

I may as well post my picture of the Year of The Goat promotional 7" I ordered with the set as well, they're a brilliant occult rock band.

nomapple fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 10, 2012

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
That is a gorgeous set. If you want to post pics you can upload them to imgur and post the code they give you.

Edit: Got a nice surprise today, since I forgot about ordering it...

Conveyor - Mane/Maine 7"

It sounds great.

cheapandugly fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 10, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
David Bowie - Outside got a re-release on vinyl. That rules.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

cheapandugly posted:

That is a gorgeous set. If you want to post pics you can upload them to imgur and post the code they give you.

Conveyor - Mane/Maine 7"

It sounds great.

Same here. My wife told me while I was at work "you got another vinyl today!" At first I thought it was Moonwater by CHAPPO but I was pretty sure that didn't ship. But it was a nice a surprise!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I got mine too! Sounds awesome, looks awesome.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Dissapointed Owl posted:

David Bowie - Outside got a re-release on vinyl. That rules.

Info on this? The whole album was never released on vinyl back in the 90s, just a compilation of some of the tracks. If the whole thing is out, I'd love to track it down.

edit: it's just a reissue of Excerpts from Outside, the edited down version of the album. Still maybe worth a purchase since it appears the originals are stupid expensive now, but that version removes some of the best songs on the album ("No Control," "Through These Architect's Eyes," "Strangers When We Meet") and edits down some of the tracks like "The Motel." Kind of annoying that they would reissue it but not do it right.

chime_on fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 11, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

chime_on posted:

Info on this? The whole album was never released on vinyl back in the 90s, just a compilation of some of the tracks. If the whole thing is out, I'd love to track it down.

edit: it's just a reissue of Excerpts from Outside, the edited down version of the album. Still maybe worth a purchase since it appears the originals are stupid expensive now, but that version removes some of the best songs on the album ("No Control," "Through These Architect's Eyes," "Strangers When We Meet") and edits down some of the tracks like "The Motel." Kind of annoying that they would reissue it but not do it right.

I agree. It's better than nothing I guess.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

cheapandugly posted:

Conveyor - Mane/Maine 7"

It sounds great.

Bah, I was hoping mine would show up today, but no such luck.

Edit: vvv Yes, and they are really good.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 11, 2012

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Is Conveyor that goon-made record that was posted here a while back?

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Looks like Com Truise's Cyanide Sisters EP is finally getting a vinyl release:

(posted on his facebook page)

Kind of disappointed he didn't just use the artwork they have for the digital release, which I like quite a bit. It is even designed to look like a 12" in a sleeve...

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Converyor is a goon's band, and they sold an EP through bandcamp....

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

cosmicjim posted:

Converyor is a goon's band, and they sold an EP through bandcamp....

Thanks.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I've browsed this thread but always been too lazy to contribute until today. I recently got a new receiver after not having one for several months:

It's a good sounding bare bones receiver.
My turn table:

It's awesome

Most of my collection

Selected favorites plus dog
John Fahey's "America" is my favorite art and packaging

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Bah, I was hoping mine would show up today, but no such luck.

Edit: vvv Yes, and they are really good.

It will come!

Thanks for the love guys, I'm glad you enjoy my music :)

I promise this is the LAST time I post about myself in this thread, but I just love vinyl and I get really excited that I get to make my own, and so: We just announced our signing with a local label and release details for our debut full-length. The album art looks like this:

I'm really excited to share it with you nerds because I'm personally heading up the vinyl manufacturing front, and I'm sparing no expense to make it a beautiful, sturdy package that will never see a split seam (tip-on casewrapped old-school jackets!!). It's being pressed on "Coke bottle clear" vinyl, and if you dig that cover artwork (you should), the gatefold will blow your loving mind out of the water. The artwork was done by the same fellow who did that Mane 7" (https://www.benjihaselhurst.com) He also designed a really nice lyric booklet to go along with the artwork.

You can pre-order it here (July 17th release date):
https://www.papergardenrecords.com/shop/conveyor

And if you do pre-order it, let me know via email (books.are.burning [at] gmail [dot] com) and I'll personally send you a download link way before I'm supposed to (like, sometime next week ;))

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Ordered, because your music is loving awesome. I'll send you an email in a bit.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Ordered, obviously. :) That's really great cover art, by the way.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Where can I listen to your stuff, bro?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

WASDF posted:

Where can I listen to your stuff, bro?

http://conveyor.bandcamp.com/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kylesa is re-mastering old albums.

http://modern-vinyl.com/kylesa-to-release-new-vinyl-editions/

the bundles are expensive but you can pre-order on Amazon for $20 bux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

1000 umbrellas posted:

You can pre-order it here (July 17th release date):
https://www.papergardenrecords.com/shop/conveyor

Pre-ordered just now. Looking forward to it as I enjoyed the EP.