Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

CommissarMega posted:

Another supplement coming out sometime in the future- The Navis Primer for RT, and I'm definitely getting this one, as it looks to be the 'Psyker's Handbook' for Rogue Trader. Did I mention it had Weirdboy rules?

I don't even play RT and I'm buying this SO HARD.

Oi'm so metal I 'eadbang every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug

CommissarMega posted:

Agreed; my psyker is capable of mindwiping Greater Daemons and destroying small armies- all at the Fettered level. It's loving crazy, especially if you have Unnatural Willpower.

Does anyone have advice for which psyker rules to use when running a DH campaign now? I'd kinda like to avoid that outcome.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Miruvor posted:

Does anyone have advice for which psyker rules to use when running a DH campaign now? I'd kinda like to avoid that outcome.

Easy Way: Axe the Biomancy discipline. It does not exist, you cannot take powers from it, gently caress you.

Has A Conversion Guide Way: Use the Rogue Trader rules; they include a conversion guide for DH powers to RT powers. Also, axe the Biomancy discipline. It does not exist, you cannot take powers from it, gently caress you.

Laundreu
Feb 2, 2005
Arr

Ze Pollack posted:

Easy Way: Axe the Biomancy discipline. It does not exist, you cannot take powers from it, gently caress you.

Has A Conversion Guide Way: Use the Rogue Trader rules; they include a conversion guide for DH powers to RT powers. Also, axe the Biomancy discipline. It does not exist, you cannot take powers from it, gently caress you.

I've never played Dark Heresy and would likely not play a psyker if I did (I like my head right where it is, thank you), but what is wrong with biomancy? It sounds cool.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Laundreu posted:

I've never played Dark Heresy and would likely not play a psyker if I did (I like my head right where it is, thank you), but what is wrong with biomancy? It sounds cool.

Seal Wounds.

No, really. That one spell is the single, biggest, most glaring issue with Biomancy, as it bascially means that combat is a non-issue, because no matter how badly you're hurt, so long as you didn't die/lose a limb, you can just recover from it in one or two uses of it. Honestly, most of the Biomancy powers are pretty tame, I'd be fine with people using Biomancy, just so long as they don't take Seal Wounds.

Edit \/\/\/: And that is a very wise decision.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 14, 2012

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Locomotive breath posted:

Seal Wounds.

No, really. That one spell is the single, biggest, most glaring issue with Biomancy, as it bascially means that combat is a non-issue, because no matter how badly you're hurt, so long as you didn't die/lose a limb, you can just recover from it in one or two uses of it. Honestly, most of the Biomancy powers are pretty tame, I'd be fine with people using Biomancy, just so long as they don't take Seal Wounds.

I house ruled that Seal Wounds can only be used once a day.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Even if you do lose a limb, you can just hold the limb where it's supposed to go.

Also, because of discipline mastery and a number of other factors, actually manifesting Seal Wounds can become ridiculously easy.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MaliciousOnion posted:

Even if you do lose a limb, you can just hold the limb where it's supposed to go.

Also, because of discipline mastery and a number of other factors, actually manifesting Seal Wounds can become ridiculously easy.

I always read the first as not happening - that's why the Regeneration power exists. Someone else gets their arm chopped off, it's time for bionics.

Seal Wounds, OTOH, is stupid powerful. You could change it to the same way Healer works and require people to make a Toughness test or take that amount of wounds, but that quickly becomes a "save-or-die" situation.
And with someone like a Templar Calixis with some upgrades, you're getting adds off Dicipline Mastery and Power Well, combined with your (presumably) good Willpower, and all of a sudden you need to roll 5 on 4d10 to make the power work.

The other problem with Biomancy is Bio-Lightning. Automatic damage to the tune of probably 4-5 dice? Even though it's separate attacks, doing 2 wounds with each hit is going to gently caress up a human enemy really quickly.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Locomotive breath posted:

Seal Wounds.

I should probably have house ruled Seal Wound for my game well. It basically becomes a wand of cure light wounds for DH (which should not exist), with the added benefit of occasionally summoning a daemon.

In my last campaign, due to a particularly hilarious series of rolls during the post combat heal everyone up, the psyker managed to give everyone 30-50 corruption points in one go. It did make him more judicious in his psychic usage though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I combined Seal Wounds and Regeneration into one power myself (asked the DM for permission and all); basically, Regeneration with Seal Wounds' Overbleed and basic effect. Still handy, but doesn't make you gamebreakingly unkillable.

No, if you're looking for gamebreaking, the Telepathic and Divination Disciplines are where it's at. Scanning Auras is like Detect Evil, except a little more effective, and don't get me started on Psychometry.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

I combined Seal Wounds and Regeneration into one power myself (asked the DM for permission and all); basically, Regeneration with Seal Wounds' Overbleed and basic effect. Still handy, but doesn't make you gamebreakingly unkillable.

No, if you're looking for gamebreaking, the Telepathic and Divination Disciplines are where it's at. Scanning Auras is like Detect Evil, except a little more effective, and don't get me started on Psychometry.

I have a player Librarian with those powers. Fortunately, he is a Rune Priest, and so I can obfuscate the answers to all of his questions behind what the runes are telling him.

"What is the most dangerous enemy we will face?" prior to gaining requisition.

Degrees of success: three. So three Runes. Four makes one rune unambiguous.

"The runes show Treachery descending, Sloth ascendant, and the Fortress ascending. So Sloth is your most dangerous enemy, caused by Treachery, in the context of the Fortress."

A field of Necron Monoliths (the Fortress), whose activation cascade's been kick-started courtesy of a bit of treachery (duh), will stand between you and your objective at one point. It will help to be able to run like hell.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
The thing about Psychic Powers, especially in Deathwatch, is they are so expensive and you get so few of them, that you have to toe the line. On one hand it's totally gamebreaking to say "yep, it's the Imperial Guard Commander that's gonna be your most deadly foe here." But on the other hand you can't just go all vague and Mystic Meg on them, waving your hand and go "your true enemy will be YOURSELVES!"

...because then they would quite rightly demand their XP back.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Yoshimo posted:

The thing about Psychic Powers, especially in Deathwatch, is they are so expensive and you get so few of them, that you have to toe the line. On one hand it's totally gamebreaking to say "yep, it's the Imperial Guard Commander that's gonna be your most deadly foe here." But on the other hand you can't just go all vague and Mystic Meg on them, waving your hand and go "your true enemy will be YOURSELVES!"

...because then they would quite rightly demand their XP back.

Completely true. You have to make sure there's something worthwhile in there.

Also, if they succeed like crazy, make sure to just break down and reveal exactly what it is they're looking for. Guy rolled an 01 on Lifting the Veil in a ransacked room.

"The runes tell the story of this thing reaching back a century or so, highlights conveniently marked out. It's largely boring up until about two months ago, when [PERSON1] got it, and then 3 weeks ago, when [PERSON2] took it from him by force, and used it to do [BAD THING], burning it out in the process. [PERSON2] was probably headed back to where the thing was originally found by [PERSON1] to find another. Probably a good idea to stop 'em."

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

I've play a bit of Dark Heresy and am an experienced GM but haven't had a good look at Deathwatch yet. I'm looking to run a game where the players are a group of Maelstrom Warders doing Deathwatchy stuff in the Badab section prior to the Badab wars, with the idea that the party will slowly become aware of Huron's treachery etc and pick a side in the war.

Any suggestions for this? Am I going to run into issues having the Marines potentially acting a bit more like an adventuring party rather than being issued missions?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Karandras posted:

I've play a bit of Dark Heresy and am an experienced GM but haven't had a good look at Deathwatch yet. I'm looking to run a game where the players are a group of Maelstrom Warders doing Deathwatchy stuff in the Badab section prior to the Badab wars, with the idea that the party will slowly become aware of Huron's treachery etc and pick a side in the war.

Any suggestions for this? Am I going to run into issues having the Marines potentially acting a bit more like an adventuring party rather than being issued missions?

I don't see why you couldn't do both. The Watch Captain assigns them to the area with regular supply drops and tells them to root out heresy/potential alien involvement. They could get handed missions based on the information they gather or actions they take.

My Deathwatch group went toe to toe with a Warboss tonight and it was about where I thought it would be. Dangerous enough that they got worried but not so much they were going to get totally smashed. The Dev had his guts sliced open and half of his foot cut off. Now they are unwittingly in possession (pun) of a daemon weapon.

I'm not quite sure where to take the next game. They are now aware of the conflict between their current enemy, Dark Eldar and a warband of Chaos Marines.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

When I think "40k races that actually take prisoners" I think "Dark Eldar and Chaos". Make them do a rescue mission in the middle of a Dark Eldar raid on a Chaos encampment or something, if there's anything they could conceivably rescue.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheKingslayer posted:

I don't see why you couldn't do both. The Watch Captain assigns them to the area with regular supply drops and tells them to root out heresy/potential alien involvement. They could get handed missions based on the information they gather or actions they take.

My Deathwatch group went toe to toe with a Warboss tonight and it was about where I thought it would be. Dangerous enough that they got worried but not so much they were going to get totally smashed. The Dev had his guts sliced open and half of his foot cut off. Now they are unwittingly in possession (pun) of a daemon weapon.

I'm not quite sure where to take the next game. They are now aware of the conflict between their current enemy, Dark Eldar and a warband of Chaos Marines.

Which chapter ended up with the daemon relic? How did that part turn out?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Liesmith posted:

Which chapter ended up with the daemon relic? How did that part turn out?

The Blood Ravens, duh!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Riso posted:

The Blood Ravens, duh!

The team hasn't decided yet. They are going to at the start of the next game. I've already made willpower rolls in secret.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's a good starting pre-made adventure to run in Deathwatch? I'm going to run a one off for some friends in the near future.

The Emptied Coffin from the adventure contest seemed like a good starter. Is there something terribly wrong with this adventure that I'm not seeing in my initial skim through?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hokay goons, I have me a question. See, RT's Hostile Acquisitions has a weapon 'upgrade' for Counterfeit Xeno Weapons; basically, take a xeno weapon, and depending on how rare it is, it gets several downgrades and an increase in Availability. The reason it gets said downgrades is because one is trying to reproduce xenotech with Imperial tech, and that gave me an idea.

Basically, create a weapon that is statswise similar to a regular Counterfeit Xeno Weapon, but aesthetically similar to something Imperial. Say, take a weapon that's basically a pulse rifle with downgrades applied, but in terms of looks and maintenance is similar to that of a lasgun (big, boxy, Aquila on the side, sprinkle sacred oil etc.), call it a "CommissarMega-Pattern Lasblaster" or something equally pompous. How will that fly if a visiting Magos or Arbites Judge comes aboard for a surprise inspection? The strictures on creativity can't be too, well, strict, considering the bajillion patterns of lasguns and whatnot out there.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

CommissarMega posted:

How will that fly if a visiting Magos or Arbites Judge comes aboard for a surprise inspection? The strictures on creativity can't be too, well, strict, considering the bajillion patterns of lasguns and whatnot out there.

The Judge would be unlikely to personally have the expertise necessary to distinguish between the many, many versions of any given Imperial tech across time, various Forge Worlds and manufactory corps. If they already had reason to be suspicious, they might seize the weapon and turn it over to the Mechanicus or Department Munitorium for inspection.

A Magos would be very suspicious and would be "interested" in who performed the modifications and (if on the radical side of things) the tech being copied and the techniques used to adapt it. This interest would be very unpleasant unless the owner of the weapon had considerable leverage in the situation. If you do have the pull, responses might range from creation of a long-term enemy (from a zealous Magos) to an ally (from a radical, if provided with information about the weapon).

Rogue Traders often flaunt illegal technology to underscore to their special status, but sometimes make as many enemies as friends in the process.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hodgepodge posted:

A Magos would be very suspicious and would be "interested" in who performed the modifications and (if on the radical side of things) the tech being copied and the techniques used to adapt it. This interest would be very unpleasant unless the owner of the weapon had considerable leverage in the situation. If you do have the pull, responses might range from creation of a long-term enemy (from a zealous Magos) to an ally (from a radical, if provided with information about the weapon).

We're looking for an additional avenue for revenue (it's for an RT game), and we do know a few magi who have assisted us in related matters before; I'm hoping that between the political pull of an Inquisitor-turned-RT and a few magi we can get this thing into production, at least in enough numbers to equip a few squads.

On the downside is the fact that the entire reason the Inquisitor became a Rogue Trader is due to powerful political enemies exiling her, and said magi being under investigation themselves. The way I see it, if we can get a few lucrative contracts with other powerful RTs (even downgraded, counterfeit stuff is better, and far more expensive than regular Imperial tech) like Winterscale and the like, we should be safe. Kind of. No amount of profit will stop a Callidus, after all.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

CommissarMega posted:

We're looking for an additional avenue for revenue (it's for an RT game), and we do know a few magi who have assisted us in related matters before; I'm hoping that between the political pull of an Inquisitor-turned-RT and a few magi we can get this thing into production, at least in enough numbers to equip a few squads.

On the downside is the fact that the entire reason the Inquisitor became a Rogue Trader is due to powerful political enemies exiling her, and said magi being under investigation themselves. The way I see it, if we can get a few lucrative contracts with other powerful RTs (even downgraded, counterfeit stuff is better, and far more expensive than regular Imperial tech) like Winterscale and the like, we should be safe. Kind of. No amount of profit will stop a Callidus, after all.

Sounds like a good campaign.

Keep in mind that this will be seen by the Inquisition and Arbites as part of the Cold Trade (trade in alien artifacts). The various similar criminal operations to yours of various scale that make up the Cold Trade (some of which are ran covertly by radical Rogue Traders, Inquisitors, and Magos as well) will see as a new operator as well, and will approach you as enemies or allies.

This only makes it more interesting, and will give your Rogue Trader an path to return to influence in the sector via influence with it's most sophisticated and powerful Radicals and criminals. The ones who are actually under investigation are the weakest links at crime of this level. The ones investigating them are just as likely Radicals themselves.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 24, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I hope you're my GM and I just don't know, because that sounds kickass- if nothing else, I'll try to work this in as my personal return to power :twisted: That said, could it really be called Cold Trading if the weapons look Imperial on the outside and come with an official-looking AdMech Maintainence Manual™? Just curious, I don't really care either way as long as it gives me $$$ and power.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but fires superheated crystal bolts that only barely resemble a las-blast, then it is Heresy and will be purged by anyone devout who finds out. Especially since it's a duck that's shooting laser beams, c'mon man that thing is totally possessed.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Nikola Tesla posted:

"Tesla had many pigeons he fed and cared for, but one, he was particularly fond of. He described it as being a beautiful female bird, pure white with light gray tips on its wings. One night the bird flew into Tesla's room at Hotel St. Regis, and he perceived that she was attempting to tell him she was dying. Tesla said a light came from her eyes more intense than he had ever produced by the most powerful lamps in his laboratory. The bird then died and Tesla said that at that same moment, something went out of his life and he knew his life's work was finished."

from http://www.teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla-timeline-1922-tesla-pigeon-dies

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

See? Who are you lot to argue with the Omnissiah? :v:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

CommissarMega posted:

That said, could it really be called Cold Trading if the weapons look Imperial on the outside and come with an official-looking AdMech Maintainence Manual™?

Yes, the alien technology is considered inherently unclean, in principle just as bad as a daemon weapon. Dressing up a daemon weapon as a Imperial relic might fool people too, but it doesn't make it less heretical. Even incorporating an alien part into a production line of otherwise Imperial weapons would be heresy, and no one will think a weapon with dramatically different operation from any they've seen isn't at least a little suspicious. Of course, some clients will need to be conned into believing just this (if you're willing to con entire PDFs and militias into heresy).

Likewise, selling fake alien relics and technology is punishable as if they were real.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hodgepodge posted:

Yes, the alien technology is considered inherently unclean, in principle just as bad as a daemon weapon. Dressing up a daemon weapon as a Imperial relic might fool people too, but it doesn't make it less heretical. Even incorporating an alien part into a production line of otherwise Imperial weapons would be heresy, and no one will think a weapon with dramatically different operation from any they've seen isn't at least a little suspicious. Of course, some clients will need to be conned into believing just this (if you're willing to con entire PDFs and militias into heresy).

Likewise, selling fake alien relics and technology is punishable as if they were real.

Oh well, if there ever was a time to fall to Radicalism, it's now :v: Is it possible to be both though? Say an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor who's so dedicated to detroying Chaos and daemons that she's willing to use xenotech and alien patsies*?

*At least I hope they are, and it's not me being the one who's played.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

Counterpoint: it's not heresy if you've been trained by the AdMech to do exactly that for decades.

The Resolviate Crucible is a faction of the Adeptus Mechanicus dedicated to finding a way to purify xenos technology so that it might be both used and replicated for the glory of the Imperium. Nobody trusts the Crucible's tech-priests farther than they can throw them, but the Lord Militant Achilus considered them a possible ace in the hole given the Tau presence in the Jericho Reach.

The Deathwatch is occasionally called on for field-consecration of a new Crucible weapons system. The theory goes that no machine spirit is going to dare sass one of the Holy Astartes, and if it dares to they stand the best chance of surviving to report exactly how things went wrong. Basically to figure out how to use the Resolviate Crucible in a Deathwatch game, think R&D from Paranoia and you won't be far wrong.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ze Pollack posted:

Counterpoint: it's not heresy if you've been trained by the AdMech to do exactly that for decades.

The Resolviate Crucible is a faction of the Adeptus Mechanicus dedicated to finding a way to purify xenos technology so that it might be both used and replicated for the glory of the Imperium. Nobody trusts the Crucible's tech-priests farther than they can throw them, but the Lord Militant Achilus considered them a possible ace in the hole given the Tau presence in the Jericho Reach.

The Deathwatch is occasionally called on for field-consecration of a new Crucible weapons system. The theory goes that no machine spirit is going to dare sass one of the Holy Astartes, and if it dares to they stand the best chance of surviving to report exactly how things went wrong. Basically to figure out how to use the Resolviate Crucible in a Deathwatch game, think R&D from Paranoia and you won't be far wrong.

...our Techpriest knows Astartes. Getting their stamp of approval/endorsement (Brother Kickassius thinks CommissarMega-Pattern lasguns are almost as ace as bolters!) will be one hell of a fun adventure, especially if we can RP as Deathwatch for a one-shot or something.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So I broke my own promise and bought the latest Deathwatch adventure. I don't play Deathwatch, so I cannot really speak as to the adventure's quality, but on the whole, its reliance on investigation and general sneaking around (for Astartes, anyway) would make it seem like it'd better suit an Ascension-level DH party, with maaaybe some Astartes support at the end. All in all, it's not much of a Deathwatch adventure, at least not by my lights, but if I ever run an Ascension game, it sounds and looks right up that alley.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Why would they do this? Astartes are explicitly terrible at any of that stuff. And might be fun to have a "fish out of water" moment as you realise you are all oversized :spergin: who don't really know anything other than how to shoot bolts into aliens, but an entire adventure?

It's just as ridiculous as the introduction scenario for Dark Heresy that made your Rank 1 Acolytes fight not just one but a whole loving TEAM of Slaugth!

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?

Yoshimo posted:

Why would they do this? Astartes are explicitly terrible at any of that stuff. And might be fun to have a "fish out of water" moment as you realise you are all oversized :spergin: who don't really know anything other than how to shoot bolts into aliens, but an entire adventure?

"Hello fellow heretic! I sure do enjoy smuggling goods past the lawful guardians of the Imperium, don't you? Especially those thrice-damned xenos artifacts that we smugglers can sell to those foolish nobles for unreasonable amounts of money which of course is what we are all concerned with! And to think all it costs us is our immortal souls! Would you happen to know what abominable race you got your artifacts from so that my stalwart companions and I might purge them? Of their money, I mean!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ItalicSquirrels posted:

"...Would you happen to know what abominable race you got your artifacts from so that my stalwart companions and I might purge them <snip> of their money?"

This sounds like a perfect motto for a Rogue Trader.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yoshimo posted:

It's just as ridiculous as the introduction scenario for Dark Heresy that made your Rank 1 Acolytes fight not just one but a whole loving TEAM of Slaugth!

Seriously, I want to switch the two adventures now. Don't get me wrong, the DW adventure's okay, but with the exception of the last third it SCREAMS Dark Heresy from a thousand mutated mouths. There are a few bones thrown to Astartes, as you can play off your reputations and status here and there, but as-written even those opportunities are scarce, though one instance of a bishop wanting to use you as political capital is a good one. On the whole though, I can't help but wonder if the DW and DH teams switched minds thanks to psychic fuckery or something. I could give a basic rundown of the adventures, if you like (not now though, at work).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My Rogue Trader GM is the best GM and I am coming in here purely to brag. What makes him so awesome? Well besides running a fun as poo poo game, he decided to go and have portraits of our characters made:

Lord Captain Ododcavar
"The only man foolish enough to mistake being a Rogue Trader for a Noble Calling"

Seneschal Atellus
Master of Commerce and behind the scenes intrigue. Dabbles in Tek-Heresy.

Navigator Antigone
Immature hyper-optimist, never wears shoes.

Explorator Gracchus
Apathetic Walking Tank and technological genius, on his third body now.

Seneschal Lucius
This man should've been an Arch-Militant, he prefers guns and commando wetworks to paperwork and trade meetings.

My GM is the best GM. Apparently he's commissioning at least a couple more pieces of art as well, depicting some of our "greatest moments". :allears:

Also, yeah, Slaugth are pure bullshit, I was nearly killed by one when it got the surprise on me, only a desperate move that accidentally injured most of the rest of the party allowed me to kill it. Even then I had to be rushed back to the ship for emergency medical treatment as the Slaugth's toxins ate through the back of my armor into my spine, threatening paralysis (Thank the Emperor our Explorator is a medical genius in addition to his mechanical talents).

That said I love them, as a long-time 40k fan I know almost nothing about them! Its so awesome to have an insidious threat so utterly-alien in mentality. I mean OOC I know all about Eldar, Ork, Tau, Chaos, etc etc. Slaugth though? poo poo I know zilch, it took us a while to realize they showed up as nulls... until a big nasty one didn't. :gonk:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
The Slaught adventure in DH is enjoyable, although crazy difficult. I ran it for my group a couple of years ago and we had a blast. I think I made the Slaught slightly weaker, and lowered their number. Still, they weren't actually defeated, I just had them flee as their cover had been blown.

Most of the great moments comes from the group's priest, who was the most :black101: priest ever. He had a mohawk of nails instead of hair, and a flamethrower attached to his warhammer. He actually managed to kill one of the Slaught. After I had described what they looked like, he replied:
"Worms eh?, So their bodies are sort of fluid? I take my frag a grenade, and punch it into it's guts!"
That was metal as gently caress and I decided that the blast was enough to kill the Slaught. Too bad he didn't have time to flee the blast radius. Though that didn't stop him. He charged to the next room, where the rest of the Slaught were waiting... only to be shot down immediately. His companions decided to be more careful and threw grenades into the room, but botched their BS tests... and the grenades landed right next to the unconscious and dying priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Seneschal Lucius
This man should've been an Arch-Militant, he prefers guns and commando wetworks to paperwork and trade meetings.

This man looks like the devil in a suit.
Complete with yellowed contract and eons old scotch.

Your GM is an amazing one.