Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

5 million goons want to play tournament but 0 goons want to actually make one.

:spidey:PS3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jnsr5dsavr

:itjb:XBOX:itjb:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/mfptdh42fr

I've never made one before so take a look and tell me where I went horribly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Haven't played for 2 months, I'd be in for a 360 tournament.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

PSWII60 posted:

Haven't played for 3 months, I'd be in for a PS3 tournament.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Ybrik posted:

I've never made one before so take a look and tell me where I went horribly wrong.

Am I supposed to be signing up with my SA name or my PSN name?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
I'll sign up for the tournament, I'll be on the XBL side.

Anybody gonna stream matches for it? I'll do it if nobody else is.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Fun posted:

Am I supposed to be signing up with my SA name or my PSN name?

Using your PSN name would speed things up but you can put both if you want.

FSLink posted:

I'll sign up for the tournament, I'll be on the XBL side.

Anybody gonna stream matches for it? I'll do it if nobody else is.

That'd be neat if you did

Does anyone have an idea on when the best time to have these, Weekday vs. Weekend that sort of thing. 9 or 10 eastern is probably the best time of night so people are off work but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ybrik posted:

You probably want to remove entrants 2-16. Just saying.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I signed up under my SA Username. PSN is Squallege

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I signed up for the PSN one. I'm awful at Marvel, but what the hey.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

You probably want to remove entrants 2-16. Just saying.

My bad I thought people could edit in their names like I could.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I signed up for the 360 tournament! When should we have it? Perhaps if we had more regular tournaments, we could all help each other improve.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
It would be amazing if we had regular goonbats, maybe a weekly or bi-weekly arrangement. It's hard to find other decent players in my area!

As for the upcoming PS3 set, I'm okay with most weeknights after 5. Friday night or Saturday afternoon would be great.

I'll go on and raise the stakes and give a :siren::supaburn:forums upgrade of your choice to the winners of the PS3 and 360 tournaments, holy poo poo!:supaburn::siren:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Ybrik posted:

Using your PSN name would speed things up but you can put both if you want.

That'd be neat if you did

Does anyone have an idea on when the best time to have these, Weekday vs. Weekend that sort of thing. 9 or 10 eastern is probably the best time of night so people are off work but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

I would very much like it to be after this weekend and during the week. I dunno what time works for the most people, 9 PM EST doesn't sound bad. Tournies have been moving to 3/5 so we could go with that. I am gonna hold off on signing up until a time is decided.

Last time there was a requirement that people show up in IRC by tournament start time. That seemed like a good idea.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
signed up, is there a date set for this yet?

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Sadly, I won't be able to participate in tournaments until summer because of various issues, but good luck to everyone!

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Kuvo posted:

signed up, is there a date set for this yet?

Not yet, waiting to hear a couple more people's opinions. It'll probably be next week to give people a little bit more a heads up. But let me know what dates do and do not work for you. It won't be much of a tournament if only 3 people can play.

Also nice challonge avatar you jerk :argh:

kHz
Nov 22, 2010

Signed up under my psn name (kiloHz). I look forward to losing to your weskers.

How are these online things usually run, by the way? Through player matches? Lobbies? I assume IRC is where all the communication happens.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I have no idea how all of this is going down but I put my name up there for 360.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I have no idea how all of this is going down but I put my name up there for 360.
1: Goons join an IRC channel, to confirm attendance and allow for stupid UMvC3 tournament banter.
2: Contenders join a lobby for the tournament. Lobbies have an 8-person limit, so it would be super cool if there were streams for both consoles.
3: Goons battle in a two out of three double elimination format, to see who is supreme at using XF4 Wesker.
4: Both grand final victors get a :pcgaming:free forums upgrade, wow!:pcgaming:

Something like that.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Signed up for PSN.

Username: OhHellItsDan

Hopefully work and stuff won't pose a problem.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Smeego posted:

2: Contenders join a lobby for the tournament. Lobbies have an 8-person limit, so it would be super cool if there were streams for both consoles.

I don't mind doing the 360 stream, given a good enough heads up on the time

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Assuming the time works for me, I'm signed up. Though I mistyped my SA name and don't know how to edit it. GT: melloblack2

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Signed up for the 360 tourney, Id better start working on my spencer pronto!

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I signed up for the PS3 one under my SA name, but my PSN name is CptPuppet.

That forums upgrade is as good as mine.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Signed up under my SA name, my PSN is Eeveegou

tynam
May 14, 2007
You guys mind if I invite a couple non-SA players? They're good players and should bring some interesting flavor to the tournament. This would be for the 360 tournament.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
signed up with my psn name sputnikmonroe

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

tynam posted:

You guys mind if I invite a couple non-SA players? They're good players and should bring some interesting flavor to the tournament. This would be for the 360 tournament.
I guess that would be up to the newly appointed Mayor of Goon UMvC3 Tournaments, Ybrik, but I don't see why not.

Plus, if they won, they could receive a fabulous :catdrugs:Something Awful forums account, and be on the bleeding edge of Internet witticisms! Whoa!:catdrugs:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Can't seem to find an answer, but does the Value Costume Pack include the original MvC3 costumes?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

KingShiro posted:

Can't seem to find an answer, but does the Value Costume Pack include the original MvC3 costumes?

Yes, it includes costumes for every character except for Magneto, Jill, and Shuma.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Smeego posted:

I guess that would be up to the newly appointed Mayor of Goon UMvC3 Tournaments, Ybrik, but I don't see why not.

Plus, if they won, they could receive a fabulous :catdrugs:Something Awful forums account, and be on the bleeding edge of Internet witticisms! Whoa!:catdrugs:

poo poo now I feel obligated to play Haggar. If the prize of them winning is becoming goons then I don't see a problem with it. But if they they don't want to join then lets keep is SA only ok?

:siren:Since no one has thrown out anymore suggestions for when they would like it to be I'm gonna go ahead and set it for Thursday the 24th at 9pm EST/6PST. Please let me know if this works for you and if this becomes a regular thing we can always alter the days so more people get to play.:siren:

VVVVVVV
Edit:
For you anything

Ybrik fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 16, 2012

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
It would be neat if we could start at 9 EST, but I wouldn't have a problem either way.

Edit for time zone clarity.

Smeego fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 16, 2012

tynam
May 14, 2007
Could we make it Wednesday instead? Thursday is TRB night, and next Thursday is especially close to ufgt8. Sorry for being so demanding haha.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

KingShiro posted:

No. All the costumes from Vanilla that are not in Ultimate are not included in that pack, only the Alt. Costumes.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
I'm out unless it's during the weekend, I work swing shift.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
Thursday sounds perfect. I cannot play on monday or wednesday nights because I have class from 5:30 to 10:30 pm on those two days. PST

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
e: ^^^^ this guy and I cancel each other out

I'm in class 'till 6:30 PST Thursdays, Wednesday is better for me also.

tynam
May 14, 2007
We could always split up the 360 and ps3 tourneys to different dates, since jammer is on ps3 and fenn is on 360.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Signed up for the PS3 tourney before creating my new PSN name, so my tag online is OmnikinSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm on PSN and I should be fine with most any time next week, since I finish my current semester this week.

• Locked thread