Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Yeah, they make that Ryan Newman joke every weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

jojoinnit posted:

I swear this just happened.

I've got Nascar on in the background while I work. The commentary track is the most entertaining thing right now on free tv.

:clint: "They're coming round the bend, and here comes Newman!"

-pause a beat-

:haw: "Hello, Newman!"

Once, twice, three times a ladAAAAGRH

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Well I'm sorry! I'm not Brad! I'm me! NICE TO MEET YA! *slam*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yes! Yes! That stupid idiot! He left her for Kimberly! He slept with her sister, he tricked her into giving him half her business! And then she goes and sleeps with him again?! I mean she's crazy! How could she do something like that?! I mean that Jane!
Oh, she just makes me so mad!!!

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
On the week before holidays, we see a surge. On Valentine's Day, we send two trucks. On Christmas, four, packed to the brim. And tomorrow, if history is any guide, will see some spillover into a fifth truck.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

mojo1701a posted:

Thanks to the magic of DVD, I have finally fully watched the Keith Hernandez two-parter. I'd seen bits and pieces here and there, and tried to put the whole story together, but finally, I understood it all!

Though it was weird, since the DVD put both parts together in one mega episode. The pacing is just weird, especially since part 1 ends on "And you wanted to be my latex salesman," but the episode keeps going. It's like someone continuing a joke even after the punchline's been said.

According to epguides.com, it originally aired as a hour-long episode, so you're experiencing the real deal:

code:
34     3-17      315       12/Feb/92   The Boyfriend (1) 
35     3-18      316       12/Feb/92   The Boyfriend (2) 

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

mojo1701a posted:

Thanks to the magic of DVD, I have finally fully watched the Keith Hernandez two-parter. I'd seen bits and pieces here and there, and tried to put the whole story together, but finally, I understood it all!

Though it was weird, since the DVD put both parts together in one mega episode. The pacing is just weird, especially since part 1 ends on "And you wanted to be my latex salesman," but the episode keeps going. It's like someone continuing a joke even after the punchline's been said.

Tell me you've seen the Oliver Stone movie JFK.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I personally feel the Boyfriend and the California Trip hour long episodes are some of the weakest in the series.

(except the magic loogie scene)

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I love the summary on my DVR for "The Switch": "George suspects his girlfriend (Charlotte Lewis) is bulimic; Jerry dates a woman (Jann Karan)."

Jerry dates a woman, indeed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do I remember right and George's concern about the bulimia is that he's buying her meals and not getting his money's worth?

Goddamn, Georgie-Boy.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Jerusalem posted:

Do I remember right and George's concern about the bulimia is that he's buying her meals and not getting his money's worth?

Goddamn, Georgie-Boy.

That is correct. He thinks she's "refunding" and he's just flushing his money down the toilet.

And that's why George is my favorite character (Except sometimes when my favorite character is Jerry)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Locutus of Bald posted:

And that's why George is my favorite character (Except sometimes when my favorite character is Jerry)

Sometimes he spells his name with a G! And an I! :haw:

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

Macaluso posted:

Yes! Yes! That stupid idiot! He left her for Kimberly! He slept with her sister, he tricked her into giving him half her business! And then she goes and sleeps with him again?! I mean she's crazy! How could she do something like that?! I mean that Jane!
Oh, she just makes me so mad!!!

Did any of this actually happen on Melrose Place?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

stratdax posted:

Tell me you've seen the Oliver Stone movie JFK.

I actually haven't, but I get the whole "magic loogie" joke being a reference to "magic bullet".

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
It's even funnier if you've seen the film because, in both cases, Wayne Knight plays the second victim.

:effort: ...did anybody see Firestorm?

:haw: Firestorm, that's a hell of a picture! Remember when they had that helicopter land on top of that car...

:supaburn: Hey! Hey! Come on! Come on! I haven't seen it yet!

:argh: It doesn't have anything to do with the plot!

:supaburn: Still! Still! I like to go in fresh!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
If this is a lie, if this is a joke, if this is your idea of some cute little game, we're finished! :argh:

Expect a call..
Oh my god, he's not kidding! :woop:

Now... I should tell you..

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
"Cash advance"? No. "Balance inquiry"? No. "Receipt"? No. Processing...

processing...

processing...

I win!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn, Georgie-Boy.

I don't think you'll throw up. She likes to throw up.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
You know,all these years, I've always wanted to see the two of you get back together.
Well that's because you're an idiot.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
This is Frank Costanza. You think you can keep me out of Florida? We're moving in lock, stock, and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool! We're gonna be in the clubhouse! We're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court. And I dare you to keep me out!

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
Jerry? It's Frank Costanza, Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back. *click*

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Who is this? :mmmhmm:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Chicolini posted:

Did any of this actually happen on Melrose Place?

Everything Jerry was ranting about actually happened on Melrose Place. From around season 2-4 or 5 that show was off of the chain.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Robnoxious posted:

Everything Jerry was ranting about actually happened on Melrose Place. From around season 2-4 or 5 that show was off of the chain.

Oh that Michael, I hate him, he's just so smug. :mad:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Spigs posted:

Jerry? It's Frank Costanza, Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back. *click*

How could you trade Hideki Irabu?!

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Criminal Minded posted:

Boy, can you think of what went through my mind when I saw there wasn't going to be enough room under that desk for me?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

penismightier posted:

Boy, can you think of what went through my mind when I saw there wasn't going to be enough room under that desk for me?

Empty calories and male curiosity, eh, Georgie?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Criminal Minded posted:

Also Jay Buhner.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I am loving this calzone. The pita pocket prevents it from dripping. The pita pocket.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

I am loving this calzone. The pita pocket prevents it from dripping. The pita pocket.

You like the lost and found, George?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Larry David is now on Twitter. @LarryDavid4

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
OK so I've read to page 38 of this thread and decided to start watching Curb.

Here's how I am viewing the show now:

George Costanza makes the pilot after a year in jail, becomes wealthy, and Curb is his foibles after Seinfeld made him famous. I'm on "Beloved Aunt" and it seems like a reasonable assessment.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

L.D. has said before that George was more or less based off him, so that's an alright way to think about it. However, I'd say it's better to view it as "L.D. is the man and look at all the funny stuff he does!" because he's not always exactly the same as George.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
It's great to see George as a wealthy and successful guy who still manages to get into awkward George-like situations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I wouldn't recommend watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwVwsJsc_s

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Sometimes he spells his name with a G! And an I! :haw:

The :haw: smiley could have been made specifically for use when quoting that bit, it's perfect.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
'71, that was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abbie Hoffman telling everybody to steal books...

Kull the Conqueror fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 16, 2012

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kull the Conqueror posted:

'71, that was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abbie Hoffman telling everybody to steal books...
"While you're thinking about that, think about this" is my favorite line from that episode. Philip Baker Hall's delivery is solid gold.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Viva La Bam posted:

The :haw: smiley could have been made specifically for use when quoting that bit, it's perfect.

Someone earlier said that half of Jerry's lines could be represented with either the :smug: face, or the :haw: one...I agree.

"Yeah, but he didn't sleep with both of them." :smug:

"I once had a dream that a hamburger was eating me!" :haw:

"I'm covered in oiiiiiiil." :smug:

"Yeah, you better give me the insurance. Because I'm gonna beat the hell out of this car. " :haw:

"And you want to be my latex salesman." :smug:

And, of course, the scene with him smoking a cigar while Elaine pays up for sleeping with Puddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Jerry: Elaine, have you ever flown first class?

Elaine: No.

Jerry: All right then. See? You won't know what you're missing. I've

flown first class, Elaine-- I can't go back to coach. I can't... I won't...

Elaine: You flew here coach.

Jerry: Yeah, that's a point...