Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah it was temporarily taken down.

..and has a new host at http://happygeckosoftware.com/TA/ since yesterday. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Police Automaton posted:

..and has a new host at http://happygeckosoftware.com/TA/ since yesterday. :D

Is this the permanent link? In that case I'll update the OP.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is this the permanent link? In that case I'll update the OP.
More or less.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009

DemonNick posted:

I gave it a go and it's not that bad. It's all relatively minor stuff, like opening the cages in the Thorn or some cut dialogue in the Silver Rush, but some of it (the Silver Rush stuff in particular) is pretty buggy.

I've only seen the Silver Rush bit so far. I read in the comments also that some people had problems with it but it worked well for me.

And while it was pretty small, I gotta say that it spiced up that first encounter with the Van Graff's. Pretty cool I think. :)

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Police Automaton posted:

..and has a new host at *boop* since yesterday. :D

Yessssssss! Guns! Lots of guns! :zaeed:

Also, I'd like to recommend Mod Organizer for the OP. If you're unfamiliar with it from the Skyrim thread, it's similar to NMM, but lets you keep all your mod data stored elsewhere instead of dumping everything in the data directory, letting you keep your install pristine in case one of your anime mods breaks something. It also lets you set up profiles so that you can have specific setups of mods depending on what kind of character/playstyle you want to run at that particular moment, so you can have a profile set up for your sneaky assassin character, and another for your "MY IMMERSION :qq:" playthrough. The latest version is up on Skyrim Nexus here and supports New Vegas.

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 12, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

More or less.

Yes, but there are goons/lurkers giving updates on The Armory on VGU, including a direct quote of my last post asking people to not talk about it. If that link gets posted over there, we're gonna shift the files around again and post the links in the private forum to cut out the lurker angle, but seriously guys - the mod was only intended for SA users.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Naky and company (not sure who else posting here who works on the mod), thank you for your hard work in making it. I was using the previous version and, for the most part, everything was fantastic. Very few weapons have animation errors, and most are pretty fun to mess around with, albeit some of the "hi-tech" energy weapons were hilariously overpowered compared to anything else I had.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

Yes, but there are goons/lurkers giving updates on The Armory on VGU, including a direct quote of my last post asking people to not talk about it. If that link gets posted over there, we're gonna shift the files around again and post the links in the private forum to cut out the lurker angle, but seriously guys - the mod was only intended for SA users.

If they didn't listen to you the first time, they probably won't listen to you a second time. I'd move it on over to PGS now. :/

Also, what a bunch of tools. Their site won't let you in if you have AdBlock.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

QuantaStarFire posted:

If they didn't listen to you the first time, they probably won't listen to you a second time. I'd move it on over to PGS now. :/

Also, what a bunch of tools. Their site won't let you in if you have AdBlock.

NoScript takes care of that stupid popup crap. It's only an annoying issue if you want to post on their dead forums, but you can still get around it easily enough by clicking back when it auto-loads their explanation page and making your reply.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

NoScript takes care of that stupid popup crap. It's only an annoying issue if you want to post on their dead forums, but you can still get around it easily enough by clicking back when it auto-loads their explanation page and making your reply.

I find it delightfully hypocritical. "Turn off your ad-blocker and support our forums. BTW, go leech poo poo off of these guys. :downs:"

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

QuantaStarFire posted:

I find it delightfully hypocritical. "Turn off your ad-blocker and support our forums. BTW, go leech poo poo off of these guys. :downs:"

Ah well. We kind of expected it would get put eventually but still not thrilled about it since Magic was kind enough to host TA using his bandwidth and it was always meant to be for goons. A new Google search for samods armory just revealed someone recommending it on GameFAQs a month ago. :stare:

GameFAQs. The Armory leaked out first on GameFAQs, ugh.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

Ah well. We kind of expected it would get put eventually but still not thrilled about it since Magic was kind enough to host TA using his bandwidth and it was always meant to be for goons. A new Google search for samods armory just revealed someone recommending it on GameFAQs a month ago. :stare:

GameFAQs. The Armory leaked out first on GameFAQs, ugh.

I've seen recent copies of the entire OP in pastebin a number of times, too, and I know there are a number of other forums that link to this thread, directly. :tinfoil:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've seen recent copies of the entire OP in pastebin a number of times, too, and I know there are a number of other forums that link to this thread, directly. :tinfoil:

Haha, welp. Then I guess I should be happier than word has still stayed relatively quiet about the mod then.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Goons know their mods, I guess. :D

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Maybe http://alluvion.org/ might be a good way to distribute The Armory in the future? I for one would gladly seed it indefinitely.

Also still waiting for Anime Schoolgirl to pop up in the thread so I can continue updating the spreadsheet.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Woebin posted:

Maybe http://alluvion.org/ might be a good way to distribute The Armory in the future? I for one would gladly seed it indefinitely.

Also still waiting for Anime Schoolgirl to pop up in the thread so I can continue updating the spreadsheet.
rope kid made my job a pain in the rear end + the amount of things I have to add to three separate esps is far more than I expected so the complete esp update and documented stat changes (there aren't that many but I still have to list individual stats of hundreds of weapons ugh) will be coming in a week.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 12, 2012

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

rope kid made my job a pain in the rear end + the amount of things I have to add to three separate esps is far more than I expected so the complete esp update and documented stat changes (there aren't that many but I still have to list individual stats of hundreds of weapons ugh) will be coming in a week.
Cool, hope I didn't come across as accusatory or something. Just wanted to make it clear that I'll be happy to keep helping once I get the chance.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Douche Bag posted:

Anyone know what's wrong with my FOMM? Everytime I try to open it I get this:

This happened to me when I used the Nexus Manager and then tried to go back to FOMM.

If you have the folder "C:\Games\FalloutNV\Install Info," try deleting the XML in there.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Minor update to JSawyer v4.

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/05/jsawyeresp-v4.html

v4 Changes:
===
* Added regular Hatchet to I Never Axed For This challenge + perk.
* Fixed critical hit chance on Certified Tech perk.
* Tin Cans and Bent Tin Cans weight from 1.0 to 0.1.

* Tribal Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~* (see End of Document)
* Caravan Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~*
* Old CS scripts adding items to Chet's invetory have had those lines commented out.
* New (single) message indicates items are placed around the Mojave Wasteland.
* I Never Axed For This challenge and perk added.

* Classic Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~*
* Mercenary Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~*

* Level cap properly set to 15, adjusts up to 35 with all DLC. This was stealth fixed for v3 a day after launch, but there you go.
* Auto-Inject Stimpaks and Super Stimpaks set to match Stimpak / Super Stim healing rates.
* Expired Stimpak set to 50 VAL from 75.
* Set the Roughin' It! Bedroll Kit ingestible to 10 lbs. from 15.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

rope kid made my job a pain in the rear end
whaaaaaaat :qq:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

rope kid posted:

Someone find out what this is because I must know (and I don't have New Vegas installed).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

rope kid posted:

[url][/url]

v4 Changes:
===

* Old CS scripts adding items to Chet's invetory have had those lines commented out.

* Level cap properly set to 15, adjusts up to 35 with all DLC. This was stealth fixed for v3 a day after launch, but there you go.
* Auto-Inject Stimpaks and Super Stimpaks set to match Stimpak / Super Stim healing rates.

Thanks for the update. This is so cool that you keep updating the mod.

A Bakery Crime
Sep 2, 2006
D-O-W-N, and that's the way we get down!

rope kid posted:

Is this just with the Logan's Loophole trait, or for everyone?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Without Logan's Loophole, the level cap with JSawyer is 35. With LL, it's 21.

A Bakery Crime
Sep 2, 2006
D-O-W-N, and that's the way we get down!

rope kid posted:

Without Logan's Loophole, the level cap with JSawyer is 35. With LL, it's 21.

Thanks for clarifying, and thanks for your work on this mod. NV is forever going to have a spot on my hard drive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Should changing to the updated jsawyer.esp midgame be fine, or is a restart with a new character recommended?

Also, the mod - I'm using V3 - supposedly emasculates blood sausages and red thin pastes, but I'm getting 34HP/s at Survival 95 which seems insane.

Here's my mod list if it's pertinent

FalloutNV.esm
    HonestHearts.esm
    OldWorldBlues.esm
    DeadMoney.esm
    LonesomeRoad.esm
    CaravanPack.esm
    GunRunnersArsenal.esm
    ClassicPack.esm
    MercenaryPack.esm
    TribalPack.esm
    The.Armory.esm
    Project Nevada - Core.esm
    jsawyer.esp
    The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
    The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
    The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
    The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
    The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
    The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
    The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
    GunRunnersArsenal Integration Mod.esp
    Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
    Improved Sound FX.esp
    Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
    Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
    Improved Sound FX - GRA.esp
    MojaveExtended100.esp
    MBOWBExtended100.esp
    UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
    Lombard Station.esp
    Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
    Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
    Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
    Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
    Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
    Existence2.0.esp
    DarNifiedUINV.esp

And a question regarding Lombard station. Worked great when it was mostly empty, but now after stocking up a bit there's a serious frame rate dip upon entering the cave (or just after moving a few steps). Upwards of 10 seconds a frame (not fps) sometimes worse before I get something playable.

Is there a remedy beyond getting a better computer?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

You should be able to update and keep going. I'll look at the Blood Sausages/Thin Red Pastes again but I'm pretty sure I fixed them.

They should still heal a good amount (especially with high Survival), but they should have low VAL and drop much less frequently.

EDIT: Yeah, that VAL looks wrong in your SS. I changed all of those items to have a VAL between 5 and 15 caps, IIRC.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

rope kid posted:

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/05/jsawyeresp-v4.html

v4 Changes:
===

Awesome, I've been waiting for the new version to pop up before starting a new character.

Thanks again for making this mod!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

rope kid posted:

You should be able to update and keep going. I'll look at the Blood Sausages/Thin Red Pastes again but I'm pretty sure I fixed them.

They should still heal a good amount (especially with high Survival), but they should have low VAL and drop much less frequently.

EDIT: Yeah, that VAL looks wrong in your SS. I changed all of those items to have a VAL between 5 and 15 caps, IIRC.

I'll update to V4 then. The drop rate is definitely closer to 10% than 50%. The other stuff is odd. The healing rate is too high if I understand how it's calculated correctly: at Survival 100, the base healing rate (2HP/s for a blood sausage according to your change log) should be multiplied by 3, which should equal 6HP/s. 34HP/s (and I have Survival at 95) is higher than even the vanilla base healing rate would permit - again if I'm using the correct formulas (taken from one of the wikis). Same w/regards to the value being too high.

I'll see if updating to the new version helps. (And hooray for lightweight tin cans.)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Actually I think the blood sausage value is correct. It says 50, but that's the value of 5 sausages. 10 bottle caps is within the range outlined in your change log.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

oic HRM.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ropekid do you know whether whiskey and beer are excluded from Old World Gourmet's HP restoration effect by oversight or by design?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

ropekid do you know whether whiskey and beer are excluded from Old World Gourmet's HP restoration effect by oversight or by design?

Clearly only savages would imbibe beer and whiskey. Lounge Lizards aren't uncouth like that.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

rope kid posted:

Why do assassins and rangers draw from VHD lists. why. why do you hate me so.

People are wondering why hit squads are running after them with miniguns that aren't supposed to appear until VHD. Now I'm going to have to be more sneaky on where to put them.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So over in Skyrim modding land it seems that the Mod Organizer is the definitive er... mod organizer. I've noticed that New Vegas has a version of its own and was just curious how it compares to the more traditional FOMM.

Also, where does the Nexus Mod Manager fall? Skyrim has several mods that require its use, does New Vegas have many such mods?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Necroskowitz posted:

So over in Skyrim modding land it seems that the Mod Organizer is the definitive er... mod organizer. I've noticed that New Vegas has a version of its own and was just curious how it compares to the more traditional FOMM.

Also, where does the Nexus Mod Manager fall? Skyrim has several mods that require its use, does New Vegas have many such mods?

I should start by telling you that I've never used the Mod Organizer for NV. It appears that it was very late to the game, long after everybody had a chance to get used to FOMM. FOMM can actually do one of the most important things MO does: It can install/uninstall FOMODs cleanly and automatically. MO has things like manipulating the priorities of .bsa files, but I doubt they'll be much use for the average person. From MO's comments section, it appears that the utility is much more problematic than FOMM, which has been stable for a long time now...besides the standard CTD on BOSS update (which has a fix in the OP). :blush:

As far as I know, no mods *require* NMM for New Vegas.

Now, the advantage MO has in Skyrim is that its chief competition isn't FOMM, but NMM. NMM is an ambitious utility that can be more trouble than it's worth, as most of its selling points (1-click updates; automatic mod installation) actually cause more problems than simply installing mods, manually. I've helped quite a few people who eventually revealed they had been using NMM's auto-install feature, and their problems magically went away when they switched over to manual installations. When comparing NMM to MO, MO ends up looking a whole lot more like FOMM, which is probably why some people prefer to use it over NMM's "idiot-proof" model (that ends up being more problematic in the long run.)

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

So, the only mod I have installed is DarNified UI, and my game keeps crashing either during the initial start (just before the main menu), or when loading into a new area--I seem to be trapped in Big MT.

Oddly, I can temporarily fix my startup crashes by re-modifying my ini files. I've doublechecked, and the modifications to the files are correct, but for some reason deleting the modifications and then copy/pasting back is enough to fix the error.

Any ideas? I have no loving clue what's up, here.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Synastren posted:

So, the only mod I have installed is DarNified UI, and my game keeps crashing either during the initial start (just before the main menu), or when loading into a new area--I seem to be trapped in Big MT.

Oddly, I can temporarily fix my startup crashes by re-modifying my ini files. I've doublechecked, and the modifications to the files are correct, but for some reason deleting the modifications and then copy/pasting back is enough to fix the error.

Any ideas? I have no loving clue what's up, here.

Have you had this problem before? Somebody had this issue a few months ago. Basically, Fallout can become really unstable when it has an issue with fonts, and will CTD somewhat inconsistently--sometimes it's in the main menu, sometimes it's immediately after a save is loaded--but always before you can actually play the game. That's usually because there's an honest error in the "Fonts" section, like a misspelled font reference or a complete absence of fonts.

It sounds like you're making the necessary changes to get DarnUI up and running. You've copied + pasted the new fonts into the Fallout.ini in your "my documents" folder. Have you set this file to "read only"? How are you loading the game? Through the Fallout Launcher? The FalloutNV executable? NVSE? FOMM?

When the crashes occur, and you go into your Fallout.ini, are the changes still there? That is, do you find that the fonts section has been rewritten with default information, or are your DarnUI changes still there?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Have you had this problem before? Somebody had this issue a few months ago. Basically, Fallout can become really unstable when it has an issue with fonts, and will CTD somewhat inconsistently--sometimes it's in the main menu, sometimes it's immediately after a save is loaded--but always before you can actually play the game. That's usually because there's an honest error in the "Fonts" section, like a misspelled font reference or a complete absence of fonts.

It sounds like you're making the necessary changes to get DarnUI up and running. You've copied + pasted the new fonts into the Fallout.ini in your "my documents" folder. Have you set this file to "read only"? How are you loading the game? Through the Fallout Launcher? The FalloutNV executable? NVSE? FOMM?

When the crashes occur, and you go into your Fallout.ini, are the changes still there? That is, do you find that the fonts section has been rewritten with default information, or are your DarnUI changes still there?

I should probably also mention that once the game loads--if it doesn't crash first--the mod works wonderfully, and I have no issues. The during-game crashes only started after I finished OWB, and seem to occur when loading the main game area.

I have not made the ini files Read Only, though I can certainly change that and try again tomorrow. I'm launching through FOMM, but I think it launches through NVSE; I had the problem before I installed NVSE, and there was no real change in the incidence after installation.

I changed Fallout.ini and Fallout_Prefs.ini, just to try to prevent the switch to default information. I'll try making them both Read Only before loading the game up again next time.

For what it's worth, I'm not actually changing anything in the .ini files when I copy/paste. I've backed up both the DarN-modified .inis, and the default .inis in case I were to have problems, and I literally just open Fallout.ini, CTRL+F "Fonts" -> delete the "Fonts" data -> copy/paste from the modified backup -> CTRL+S, close. After that, the game loads fine for some reason, and I have no idea why.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Doesn't the built-in steam launcher overwrite ini changes? Are you launching through that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Synastren posted:

For what it's worth, I'm not actually changing anything in the .ini files when I copy/paste. I've backed up both the DarN-modified .inis, and the default .inis in case I were to have problems, and I literally just open Fallout.ini, CTRL+F "Fonts" -> delete the "Fonts" data -> copy/paste from the modified backup -> CTRL+S, close. After that, the game loads fine for some reason, and I have no idea why.

Wait, so what you're saying is that you're literally not changing anything in the .ini? So when you crack it open after a CTD, the fonts section still registers all of the DarnUI changes, and simply copy / pasting over this section with identical information allows the game to run again?

If that's true, that's bizarre. On the other hand, having valid but incorrect fonts in your .ini wouldn't cause a CTD, anyway. You'd just have oversized, mongoloid fonts.

Captain Walker posted:

Doesn't the built-in steam launcher overwrite ini changes? Are you launching through that?

Yeah, I've noticed that my .ini files will be overwritten if I launch through the built-in Steam Launcher or the FalloutNVLauncher.exe. The other thing is, if I try to start the game without Steam already running, the FalloutNV Launcher will pop up instead of the game. Sometimes you're lazy and, without thinking, you'll go ahead and try to start the game through the launcher. Then you realize, as the game starts, that you've just let Steam overwrite your .inis. At least on my computer, having the files set to "read only" is irrelevant. The changes are made whether or not the files are read-only.