Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Stannis just had his ashes hauled. Littlefinger's been keeping it in, just like his guts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Seriously. HBOFinger is so obviously manipulative and evil that I expect him to grow a thin, curly mustache to twist while he turns to the camera and does his best maniacal laugh. Meanwhile, naked ladies will be grinding on each other in a big whorepile in the background.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
HBO doesn't have the luxury of having Littlefinger almost entirely offscreen/absent for nearly all of books 2 and 3. Important characters need face time. It's the way TV works.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

thornghost posted:

Seriously. HBOFinger is so obviously manipulative and evil that I expect him to grow a thin, curly mustache to twist while he turns to the camera and does his best maniacal laugh. Meanwhile, naked ladies will be grinding on each other in a big whorepile in the background.

I kind-of hope that the more useless and repetitive the exposition becomes, the more whores HBO has in the background.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Hey yall the Game of Thrones RPG is out today on 360/PS3/PC! Oh boy I'm sure it's gonna be so much better than the last GoT game

IGN posted:

While Game of Thrones boasts some expertly crafted story beats, complete with moments that will enthrall and shock you, the monotone delivery from poorly voiced characters, constant bugs you’ll wrestle against, and muddy textures that plague the majority of the game will make most not continue through to the end. Realistically, you’ll more likely stop after the fifteenth loading screen appears only to trigger another dryly executed piece of this messy 30 hour long RPG. That’s a shame as the tale told about Mors Westford and Alester Sarwyck has twists and turns that would utterly entertain and surprise were it not surrounded by such mediocrity on all sides.

Or not. At least IGN says the story is pretty good? There's only three reviews so far, according to Metacritic, but I doubt there'll be any that break the 6/10 barrier: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/game-of-thrones

I honestly was kind of excited by the idea of an RPG that had a narrow focus and a detailed story instead of trying to do Elder Scrolls: Westeros. Maybe when it hits the bargain bins I'll give it a shot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Saw the word "while" at the start of a sentence. Knew they hated it, didn't have to read more.

It's like the dog whistle of online reviews.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Anal Tributary posted:

Hey yall the Game of Thrones RPG is out today on 360/PS3/PC! Oh boy I'm sure it's gonna be so much better than the last GoT game

Or not. At least IGN says the story is pretty good? There's only three reviews so far, according to Metacritic, but I doubt there'll be any that break the 6/10 barrier: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/game-of-thrones

I honestly was kind of excited by the idea of an RPG that had a narrow focus and a detailed story instead of trying to do Elder Scrolls: Westeros. Maybe when it hits the bargain bins I'll give it a shot.

lol releasing this against Diablo 3.

Not that you can actually play Diablo 3 right now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

lol releasing this against Diablo 3.

Not that you can actually play Diablo 3 right now.

GRRM's finest :master:

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

Someone posted a dumb gif on reddit. You can guess what most of the comments are.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Anal Tributary posted:

Official Xbox Magazine just gave it a 7/10, but the game does look pretty bad.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azure_Horizon posted:

Only games reviewers you can trust are Giant Bomb.

I kind of doubt they'll even bother with it though, looks completely terrible and what a stupid time to launch it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Game reviews are written in an obscure and coded format, even by most modern media review standards. You need to read them--both reviews in general and the specific site/writer doing the review--to really decipher what they actually mean, as there's absolutely no standard and certainly no figures like Roger Ebert that help give the art of professionally criticizing a video game any real form.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Azure_Horizon posted:

7/10 is something like 3.5 in real numbers, I think.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
The video game should stay true to the spirit of the books and release some DLC in six years.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah, I've never liked Littlefinger and I can't quite put my finger on why. The casting is perfect, but something is just off.
He's a little too Ken doll/John Edwards handsome for me. I pictured him as more of a Brad Dourif or Crispin Glover. A more weasily type.

Doesn't help that I still see him as Carcetti from The Wire.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I've never understood why GRRM went with the whole Viking thing for the Ironborn, anyway. He should have modeled them after Newfoundlanders. They live on a desolate island, speaking a gutteral corruption of the common tongue. The Damphair wouldn't waterboard people to induct them into the church, he'd make them kiss a cod and do a shot of whiskey. Hell yeah!
BY JAYSUS DIDYE PAY THEH I'RN PRICE THERE BY'?

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 16, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Adorable quotes:

onii posted:

If she frees him, she'll never get her girls back. Jaime is the only bargaining chip they have. So I don't think she's that stupid.

asap-salafi posted:

Great post, I just thought of something really interesting and exciting! :dance: :dance:

For people who haven't read the book, who will team up with Daenerys? Robb? Joffrey? Stannis? Theon?!?!

Argh, I guess she is a pretty interesting character. I just wish we could skip all this stupid filler and get to the point. She's been wandering around for way too long and its starting to get on my nerves. Isn't she further away from Westeros then when we first started?

EDIT: I hate dragons. Dragons are silly.

FrensaGeran posted:

I hope to god that their planet is round and if she just goes east some more she'll hit Lannisport or something.

:allears:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Theon pairing up with Dany would be like watching a slow-motion trainwreck of poo poo-covered idiots just flailing around, yelling about FIRE AND BLOOD and MY BIRTHRIGHT while not doing a drat thing, ever. On their wedding day, Theon drowns Dany in the ocean while trying to honor the Drowned God. Fire cannot kill a dragon, but I bet two lungfuls of sea water could do the trick.

In other words, I'd love it. They are so perfectly useless for each other.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Change it to post-Reek Theon and I think GRRM'd actually go for it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

whowhatwhere posted:

Adorable quotes:

I just want to emptyquote this all the live-long loving day. Just so there isn't even a quarter of a page where someone in this thread is allowed to forget just how loving useless Dany has been throughout six books and how little has occurred in over 2000 pages of material since ASoS--and then remind everyone that the show is currently on "the good stuff."

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

whowhatwhere posted:

Adorable quotes:

People still don't understand Daenerys' situation even when the Spice King explained it pretty clearly 2 episodes ago, she has no army, her dragons are the size of cats, no allies in Westeros, no one actually knows she's even alive and to top it all off she's just a kid with no experience in anything whatsoever but getting bullied by her big brother.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Three more episodes until we have to wait another year.

Then :qq: will be had in TVIV.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dead Man Posting posted:

Three more episodes until we have to wait another year.

Then :qq: will be had in TVIV.

The TVIV reactions to the red wedding are what give me reason to live. That, and their descent into becoming Wild Cards after AFFC/ADWD.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

empty sea posted:

You have to admit, the whole story-line would've been wayyy more interesting if GRRM cut and pasted all of Dany's story line with Viserys instead of Khaleesi Boring Face. Viserys would've trained his dragons and then burned the poo poo out of everything in a crazy, bug-eyed rage. :allears:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Please post just that picture in the dewy-eyed thread.

Seriously.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SpaceMost posted:

BY JAYSUS DIDYE PAY THEH I'RN PRICE THERE BY'?

Yep. It is clear. Rick Mercer must be in Game of Thrones. It is the only way. poo poo, just recast Littlefinger with him and all his monologues can be filmed in alleys with dutch angles instead of whores.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Kylaer posted:

I...I wasn't thinking of this. But NOW I AM AND IT IS GLORIOUS.

Oh, Viserys, my sun and stars. The Horse rides the Dragon and everyone dies. :allears:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Kylaer posted:

Viseys would've been the best Khaleesi

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Has this been posted? Probably the most important ASoIaF work announced to date:

http://www.amazon.com/Feast-Ice-Fire-Official-Companion/dp/0345534492/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337155605&sr=8-1

Finally, I can gorge myself along with the characters!! I hope every recipe glistens....

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Please tell me it has the recipe for honeyed locusts that causes you to projectile puke and poo poo at the same time.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Please tell me it has the recipe for honeyed locusts that causes you to projectile puke and poo poo at the same time.

From the Amazon page:

In all, A Feast of Ice and Fire contains more than 100 recipes, divided by region:

• The Wall: Rack of Lamb and Herbs; Pork Pie; Mutton in Onion-Ale Broth; Mulled Wine; Pease Porridge
• The North: Beef and Bacon Pie; Honeyed Chicken; Aurochs with Roasted Leeks; Baked Apples
• The South: Cream Swans; Trout Wrapped in Bacon; Stewed Rabbit; Sister’s Stew; Blueberry Tarts
• King’s Landing: Lemon Cakes; Quails Drowned in Butter; Almond Crusted Trout; Bowls of Brown; Iced Milk with Honey
• Dorne: Stuffed Grape Leaves; Duck with Lemons; Chickpea Paste
• Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; Honey-Spiced Locusts

OH poo poo SPOILERS

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
But does it include Lord Manderly's pie recipe? No matter how many times I ask him what his secret is for making such delicious pies, he won't tell me. :eng99:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Devorum posted:

Has this been posted? Probably the most important ASoIaF work announced to date:

http://www.amazon.com/Feast-Ice-Fire-Official-Companion/dp/0345534492/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337155605&sr=8-1

Finally, I can gorge myself along with the characters!! I hope every recipe glistens....
Stay a while and glisten.

(I'm buying the poo poo out of this book.)

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Heh...GRRM wrote the forward.

Guess that means he had to push back WoW because of this.

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009

thornghost posted:

From the Amazon page:

• The Wall: Rack of Lamb and Herbs; Pork Pie; Mutton in Onion-Ale Broth; Mulled Wine; Pease Porridge
• The North: Beef and Bacon Pie; Honeyed Chicken; Aurochs with Roasted Leeks; Baked Apples
• The South: Cream Swans; Trout Wrapped in Bacon; Stewed Rabbit; Sister’s Stew; Blueberry Tarts
• King’s Landing: Lemon Cakes; Quails Drowned in Butter; Almond Crusted Trout; Bowls of Brown; Iced Milk with Honey
• Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; [b]Honey-Spiced Locusts[/b

There's not one Neeps recipe on there!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

thornghost posted:

From the Amazon page:

In all, A Feast of Ice and Fire contains more than 100 recipes, divided by region:

• Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; Honey-Spiced Locusts

OH poo poo SPOILERS

No Lamprey Pies? worthless book.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That book looks as useless as neeps on a groat.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

Nuncles are wind.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hodor.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is anyone else disappointed that Showdor uses inflection and poo poo when he says Hodor?

I wanted it to be full on retard volume HODOR! each and every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
The Quails Drowned in Butter better call for literally drowning quails in melted butter. Anything less would be insufficiently Gurmlyrio.