Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Thread needs more Aurane Waters chat. What is that crazy boat guy up to these days?

Is he:

1. Secretly building a huge fleet of ships by poaching from the Iron Fleet and Aegon's elephant armada?

2. Trying to meet Dany and give her boats because he's Targ-lite and everybody wants to meet Dany these days?

3. Teaming up with Aeron Greyjoy who also disappeared in Feast for their own spinoff series

4. Dead

5. Doesn't matter, next book ain't coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

5 all the way.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

For some reason I thought his fleet was already destroyed by the Greyjoys (the very brief reference to the destroyed ships Sam passes).

edit: even if the next book does come out we probably won't hear about him again.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 16, 2012

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

I don't even remember who Aurane Waters is.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

thornghost posted:

I don't even remember who Aurane Waters is.

The Bastard of Driftmark, a marine sellsword that fought under Stannis's banner for awhile and then flipped to Joffrey. Cersei named him master of ships in one of her dumber moves because he looked like Rhaegar Targaryen, and then Waters fled with all of the ships when Cersei was imprisoned.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Show chat: it's hard to think of anything stupider than Cersei and the Kingslayer openly talking to anyone who will listen about how they are the parents of the King. In the books everyone knows, but you just can't say something like that out loud!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Cersei didn't state it openly. She said it to Tyrion after all her handmaidens had been dismissed.

Kingslayer is stupid, but that's what you get when you move everything from a castle to a camp.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I seem to remember him admitting it in the books as well? Or is that just to Tyrion.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Jaime openly admits it to Cat and Brienne. He gives no fucks.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
But he's locked deep in a dungeon where literally only Catelyn and Brienne can hear him. In the show he's in the middle of a camp where there are people right outside straining to listen in.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Question: If we ghost wrote Winds of Winter and published it under GRRM's name, do you think he'd say anything or would he just take credit for it and go back to watching football?

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Jaime was all about just coming right out and admitting the kids were his, Targaryen style.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

jeffersonlives posted:

The Bastard of Driftmark, a marine sellsword that fought under Stannis's banner for awhile and then flipped to Joffrey. Cersei named him master of ships in one of her dumber moves because he looked like Rhaegar Targaryen, and then Waters fled with all of the ships when Cersei was imprisoned.

This part for some reason made me laugh really hard when I read it. It was near the end of Cersei's total meltdown, right?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Nope, pretty near the beginning. Remember that all the ships were built after she assumed full regency of the throne. She just snapped really really hard after the one-two punch of Joffrey and Tywin's deaths at the hand of Tyrion (well, so she believes).

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I meant the part where he just peaces out with all of the ships. Unless you meant that part too. I don't know, time loses meaning when I try to think back through the books. It's like a rapey Memento.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh, yeah. That happens right after she's arrested. He realizes the gig's up and fucks off while he can.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I've been traveling for what feels like an eternity, and I missed around 700 posts of this thread. Did anything change in my absence?

P.S. New Jersey sucks and it's really awkward trying to pump my own gas only to be told that some old guy has to do it for me so even though I already did half the tank myself I have to step away from the pump or risk offending him.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

my cat is norris posted:

I've been traveling for what feels like an eternity, and I missed around 700 posts of this thread. Did anything change in my absence?

P.S. New Jersey sucks and it's really awkward trying to pump my own gas only to be told that some old guy has to do it for me so even though I already did half the tank myself I have to step away from the pump or risk offending him.

ASOIAF cook book.

Wildcards syfy movie.

Show still sucks.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

my cat is norris posted:

Theoretically you could even get a ticket for it!

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

IRQ posted:

Is anyone else disappointed that Showdor uses inflection and poo poo when he says Hodor?

I wanted it to be full on retard volume HODOR! each and every time.

God, I thought this was just me.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I heard Jersey has mostly Jokers and very little in the way of heroic Aces.... Was the Wildcards virus discriminatory!?

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

SpaceMost posted:

Question: If we ghost wrote Winds of Winter and published it under GRRM's name, do you think he'd say anything or would he just take credit for it and go back to watching football?

I smell a goon project.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

At this point, I'd probably prefer a goon-written TWOW. It'd see release sooner and focus on the better characters like Edd and ~Daario~.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

The Mutato posted:

I smell a goon project.

We already wrote it. It was about the Reclamation of "Westeros" from the foul clutches of Chaos for the Imperium of Man.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

SpaceMost posted:

This is likely what's happening anyway, just substitute HBO writers for goons.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Maarak posted:

This is likely what's happening anyway, just substitute HBO writers for goons.

I thought Gregor Clegane, P.I. last episode established that the HBO writers are goons.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mnemosyne posted:

God, I thought this was just me.

:hf:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SpaceMost posted:

I volunteer to write all the zombie Jon and D. Edd sex scenes.

And yes, I will make ample use of the phrase "winter is coming."

And Khal Pono will capture Dany and take her to Vaes Dothrak to entertain his khalasar as the amazing making GBS threads woman. She will do various tricks such as making GBS threads through flaming hoops and poo poo-shooting milk bottles off of posts.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 17, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I volunteer to write all the zombie Jon and D. Edd sex scenes.

And yes, I will make ample use of the phrase "winter is coming."

Well, I suppose one benefit of being dead in a subzero environment is that you'll always stay hard...

e: you also need to include the line "That which is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger"

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

We already wrote it. It was about the Reclamation of "Westeros" from the foul clutches of Chaos for the Imperium of Man.

Do you want to repost this? Otherwise I've been meaning to and should probably have it in 5-6 hours otherwise.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I've never kept it, feel free to rehost it again.

Oh yeah, any new gems from the bad thread archeology?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I feel like a terrible person because I will probably buy the hell out of that book.

I like to cook. A lot.

Can I make up for it if I post pictures of me making the recipes?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
You can only make up for it if you make George a feast using the recipes. And spike 'em with the Tears of Lys. (yes, post pics)

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I hope that the first things you make are lemon cakes and honeyed locusts. And perhaps wintercakes.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
Holy crap there are so many more repeated phrases in ADWD than the usual suspects (neeps, nuncles, nipples on a breastplate).

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
....and? Don't just bring us to the brink of hatred and then leave us there.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

whowhatwhere posted:

....and? Don't just bring us to the brink of hatred and then leave us there.

Grease running down chins, skin the colour of teak and a couple of more offensive ones that slip my mind. They'll undoubtedly spring up again before I finish the book.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rape Jake. posted:

Grease running down chins

glisteningly?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Steve Erikson should write the next book, and just write about the ochre... everything in Dorne. Ochre dirt, ochre potsherds, ochre people, ochre masts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Rape Jake. posted:

Grease running down chins, skin the colour of teak and a couple of more offensive ones that slip my mind. They'll undoubtedly spring up again before I finish the book.

Please, there are many and more where those come from. It is known.