Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
So being an old MTG player I was going to play around with Legends of Norrath while the servers are down. I have 60 packs to redeem, and I don't know if I should open all one set, spread it out and if so how to distribute it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, do loot cards potentially change depending on what packs you open or is that static at any given time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
You get different loot cards depending on which set the pack you open is from. So go to the legends of norrath website and look through the list of loot cards to see which ones you'd like to get.

As for getting money, Farming the lower tier mobs in the plane of hate works pretty well (Fear could work too, although Hate is much easier to manage). Loot the old school class specific armor and turn them in to the appropriate guildmasters in PoK to get some gems and exp. The iksar specific armor can only be turned in to the appropriate iksar guildmaster.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Ylide posted:

So being an old MTG player I was going to play around with Legends of Norrath while the servers are down. I have 60 packs to redeem, and I don't know if I should open all one set, spread it out and if so how to distribute it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, do loot cards potentially change depending on what packs you open or is that static at any given time?

If you're wanting to play against other people (I don't think anyone actually does this anymore) or play through the most recent scenario while it's current, you'd need cards from the more recent sets. It's like the Standard format in M:tG where card sets get rotated out as newer sets are released. So if you're aiming to have a card pool to be able to make newer decks, I'd split the 60 between the 4-6 most recent sets. That said, the game itself is pretty bad, and I'd certainly prioritize your desired loot cards when deciding which packs/set to claim. Even if you did open up a bunch of early sets, the cards wouldn't be totally unusable, as it's like M:tG where some cards get reprinted in newer sets and re-enter Standard.

e: Oh, loot cards for a given set should be static.

Chum Scandal fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 14, 2012

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I would actually get back in a bit if I thought that I could recover any of my old characters. When I hung it up, right before Gates of Discord (I think) came out, I had on Brell Serilis (each on separate accounts) a 65 epic druid, a 65 epic paladin, a 65 epic bard, and a 65 epic wizard. I can remember the names of the first 3 but not the wizard, thought that wizard at the time had every single wizard spell in the game, which was pretty damned impressive back then.

While I'm glad to hear that clerics aren't essential like they used to be, I'm sorry to see that druids still don't seem to be very highly regarded. They were the most popular class when I played and pretty much spat upon because people only care about clerics, but they were tremendously fun. Great utility all around and one of the only classes that could solo to high levels (which was kind of a necessity because nobody wanted you in groups).

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I wouldn't let the loss of a few level 65 characters deter you from coming back. I spent about 20 hours this weekend getting a bard from 1-70 with his epic 2.0, and I could have cut that time in 1/3 if I'd been more prepared.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

How hard is getting the globe for 2.0 epics?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

jps1979 posted:

How hard is getting the globe for 2.0 epics?

It's as easy as convincing Kodaji to log on and run it for you ;D Of course that will require lots of nudie mags and hamburgers, still not too difficult.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
What about doing the 1.5? How doable are they for a 75 Shaman with 300 ish aa and a J1 merc?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Ante Christ posted:

What about doing the 1.5? How doable are they for a 75 Shaman with 300 ish aa and a J1 merc?

You could do everything but about 3 of the fights, as I recall. I 3 boxed it at about 75 with J1 mercs and that was overkill for all but one of the fights (netherbain swarmlord).

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

heisenberg posted:

Well, any time I try to go to any forum.station.sony link I get a "problem loading page" error for some godforsaken reason.

Here's the error I run into:

[Fri May 11 23:24:09 2012]00251:Zone Connect -- 0 -- Received MSG_ZONE_ADDRESS
[Fri May 11 23:24:09 2012]00252:Zone addr [69.174.201.146:42246] received...
[Fri May 11 23:24:10 2012]00253:ZONING
[Fri May 11 23:24:10 2012]00254:Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
[Fri May 11 23:24:10 2012]00255:Networking: using port [53858].
[Fri May 11 23:24:10 2012]00256:Networking: Connection Established [1]
[Fri May 11 23:24:10 2012]00257:Connected to 69.174.201.146:42246...

[Fri May 11 23:24:10 2012]00258:Zone Connect -- 2 -- Sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
[Fri May 11 23:27:12 2012]00259:TIMED OUT WAITING FOR MY Player (in GetZoneInfoFromNetwork())!! top = 0

[Fri May 11 23:27:12 2012]00260:Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
[Fri May 11 23:27:12 2012]00261:nError is TRUE at C:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:21538

Tried checking 42246 and 53858 - both connected just fine.

Annoying as gently caress, lemme tell ya what.

Haha, EverQuest.cpp with over 21000 lines of code. That says everything about EQ.

Tolain posted:

Speaking of tradeskills, thats something I've never messed with but was looking into. To make the glorious cultural tradeskill stuff, it sounds like I would need tailing maxed (leather armor) and then smithing for the aug, then buy the cultural book from alara or something, and then I can make cultural armor for my race/class and a diety based aug?

Is that right? EQ traders seemed out of date when I checked, and I'm not quite sure how to interpret this.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Cultural_Armor#Symbol_Pattern

Anyone have a better cultural armor guide?

That sounds right, and I haven't found a better guide sadly. I dabbled a tiny bit in it (using my 300 Jewelmaking), but after a few failures I concluded that I'd probably end up burning through a ton of expensive ingredients, and just bought some of the stuff finished. Maxing tailoring is brutal beyond belief.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Bugger me... 42 minutes on the phone with Dave at Sony and I got my 65 epic druid and 65 epic bard back - honestly didn't think that it was possible. Sadly, they are on Cazic Thule, so I will have to pay out the arse to move to the Goon server, but at least I didn't have to pay for Silver membership!

I almost died of joy when I found the druid ressurection spell... you have no idea how badly I wanted something like that when I was playing back in PoP.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
See you dudes when the June patch hits. I've been working on AAs lately and it just doesn't make sense to grind them out now when you'll gain them at twice the speed in a few weeks. Diablo 3 in the meantime!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Well, I moved my 65 epic druid to Luclin and was invited into Ominous. I haven't moved my bard, but I will soon. I was in PoK faffing about and some guy in Cazic-Thule said that he had a (to me) very nice plate mask that was about to decay, so I went to CT and he let me loot it. Now I just have to get 5 more levels before I can equip it. I also got another level and an AA from grouping with him - frankly blown away by how quickly the experience came in and that bards can actually rest like other casters and I can now use Fading Memories all the darn time.

However, and I hope that I can post this here, but I have a very serious problem that's rendering the game unplayable. I have a modest gaming rig (gts 250, only 2 gigs of RAM, 2.66 quad, Windows 7 Ultimate 64), but it's more than enough for EQ. However, while it runs quite smoothly when I first log in, after some time my screen looks like it has shattered - big triangles of funny colours that block out everything and eventually it locks my system, forcing a reset. I even had a BSOD earlier tonight. I would assume it's something on my end, but I don't recall having this problem with any other software. I've snooped around the knowledge base with no real luck. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot the problem because it's hard to describe.

I'm so happy that I found some of my old characters and can get back into this, but this is going to make the game unplayable, at least on my desktop.

Edit: Just to clarify - I do have the most recent official drivers and it doesn't appear to be a heating issue. I have a tower that monitors temperatures and, with EQ not being the most graphically demanding game on the planet, it doesn't seem to strain things much. I've played games that are more demanding and push the hardware more than this, but without this problem.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 16, 2012

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
I've been a gold member for about a month. I don't have any free packs or cards or free redeemable poo poo from legends in the game. How do I get free poo poo from the card game?

Can I buy one booster pack then play the game, beating the computer to get more free poo poo? This card game is not explained very well.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 16, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

Edit: Just to clarify - I do have the most recent official drivers and it doesn't appear to be a heating issue. I have a tower that monitors temperatures and, with EQ not being the most graphically demanding game on the planet, it doesn't seem to strain things much. I've played games that are more demanding and push the hardware more than this, but without this problem.

Try some older drivers. It seems to be something with the video card. Have you played any other games lately for extended periods of time? Maybe its just going bad. Ive had a few video cards have display issues when they were on their last legs.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
My PC runs every modern game on high-ish settings but two instances of EQ (Even in EQw/eq play nice) pretty frequently will lockup and crash the system, or cause the textures to gently caress up.

I've considered ISboxer just because it advertises increased performance. Anyone have experience with ISboxer's performance compared to 2-3 instances of EQW? I don't know, EQ just manages to bog my system down like nothing else.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Tolain posted:

My PC runs every modern game on high-ish settings but two instances of EQ (Even in EQw/eq play nice) pretty frequently will lockup and crash the system, or cause the textures to gently caress up.

I've considered ISboxer just because it advertises increased performance. Anyone have experience with ISboxer's performance compared to 2-3 instances of EQW? I don't know, EQ just manages to bog my system down like nothing else.

I have been using ISboxer for about a year now, I used to just 3 box. Worked very well with an average system. Keeps your main focus window at full FPS while the ones in the background have a lower FPS until you switch to them. Switching is near seemless. Since F2P hit I decided to start 6 boxing. Near the same results as with 3 boxing but I do notice a little hit in performance.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I run two instances of EQ on a dual monitor set up. I have the same response as ISboxer. Active character runs full speed and inactive character has a lower FPS.

This is a Core i5 2500K unit with 8GB of RAM on a single Nvidia 240 GTS.

In JustJeff88's case, I would guess it is a driver issue. If it was performance your card would be overheating and the system would just slow to a crawl then crash.

In the past, I ran EQ on an average system with all video options on and all EQ did was turn the game into a slideshow.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

quote:

Greetings Myrria,

This is Senior GM Zekil.

The page may not be spawning during the temporary Hardcore Heritage revamp, and you may need to adventure elsewhere until this intended annual revamp ends. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused and good luck to you!

Translation: We didn't bother to think or test poo poo like this, so gently caress you on getting epic 1.5/2.0 for your enchanter! Best of luck!

In other news I caught the ranger mosquito up so hooray, I can do that at least.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

frankly blown away by how quickly the experience came in and that bards can actually rest like other casters

I'm trying to decipher this. Are you saying bards are casters? Are you saying they need to med? What?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Bards use mana for fading memories as well as for some direct damage songs and charms. Some of the higher level regular songs also use a trivial amount of it that only becomes an issue on a freshly resurrected bard. However, bards do not get mana from spells or songs. Only worn mana regen items and AAs affect it, and their meditation skill of 1 does not do anything to help it either. Rest mode does increase its regen rate, which is a huge help, because before it would take a very long time for one to get back to full mana after being resurrected.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Wask posted:

See you dudes when the June patch hits. I've been working on AAs lately and it just doesn't make sense to grind them out now when you'll gain them at twice the speed in a few weeks. Diablo 3 in the meantime!

I can't access the everquest forums right now for some reason. What is the news about AA?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Node posted:

I can't access the everquest forums right now for some reason. What is the news about AA?

Bonus is changing from 500-0% 0aa-2500aa to 1000-0% 0aa-4000aa

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Tolain posted:

Bonus is changing from 500-0% 0aa-2500aa to 1000-0% 0aa-4000aa

I wonder if they are going to up the amount of aa you can have banked at lower levels, cause tasks like "Filling the repository" already give 18+ aa of exp each go.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

ponzicar posted:

Bards use mana for fading memories as well as for some direct damage songs and charms. Some of the higher level regular songs also use a trivial amount of it that only becomes an issue on a freshly resurrected bard. However, bards do not get mana from spells or songs. Only worn mana regen items and AAs affect it, and their meditation skill of 1 does not do anything to help it either. Rest mode does increase its regen rate, which is a huge help, because before it would take a very long time for one to get back to full mana after being resurrected.

Couldn't have put it better myself. When I stopped playing (just before Gates of Discord, when the cap was still 65), resting didn't exist and bards couldn't really meditate, couldn't benefit from mana regeneration buffs (including their own songs) and Flowing Thought (passive mana regen) gear and AA abilities were very hard to come by. Thus, if you died or otherwise were drained of mana it would take literally hours to regenerate back to full. I got Fading Memories as soon as I was able (I still remember the day I got the title "Impresario" - I was so excited), but I could only use it once in a great while. Now that bards can regen to full mana in about 3 or 4 minutes, it's a fantastic tool and I can easily see how bards have become such superb pullers. Plus, it makes charming pets much more viable.

Also, /melody... no longer having to weave/twist songs is the most delicious thing next to pistachio ice cream and French pastries. My fingers thank the man who came up with this idea.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Couldn't have put it better myself. When I stopped playing (just before Gates of Discord, when the cap was still 65), resting didn't exist and bards couldn't really meditate, couldn't benefit from mana regeneration buffs (including their own songs) and Flowing Thought (passive mana regen) gear and AA abilities were very hard to come by. Thus, if you died or otherwise were drained of mana it would take literally hours to regenerate back to full. I got Fading Memories as soon as I was able (I still remember the day I got the title "Impresario" - I was so excited), but I could only use it once in a great while. Now that bards can regen to full mana in about 3 or 4 minutes, it's a fantastic tool and I can easily see how bards have become such superb pullers. Plus, it makes charming pets much more viable.

Also, /melody... no longer having to weave/twist songs is the most delicious thing next to pistachio ice cream and French pastries. My fingers thank the man who came up with this idea.

You'd be thanking one of the Macroquest devs, they had this several years before Sony added it :)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
edit nvm

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 18, 2012

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Thanks Tristero and Loon for the bits of power levelling the last couple days. I'm up to level 65 now on both dude, and only need to whack out 100 or so AAs to be where I was on Vox a few days ago.

Speaking of which, since AA xp is determined by max player level in the group, is there really a good way to get a boost on them from an upper level? It seems that DS killing might work but we're kinda to the level where things have too many hps and hit too hard for that to be reasonable. What do people do for this?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Ylide posted:

Thanks Tristero and Loon for the bits of power levelling the last couple days. I'm up to level 65 now on both dude, and only need to whack out 100 or so AAs to be where I was on Vox a few days ago.

Speaking of which, since AA xp is determined by max player level in the group, is there really a good way to get a boost on them from an upper level? It seems that DS killing might work but we're kinda to the level where things have too many hps and hit too hard for that to be reasonable. What do people do for this?

As far as I know, the fastest way to really boost it is to get within AAXP range of a high level mass-killer, such as a swarming SK (or ghetto-swarming Monk) or Ranger. If you find a lvl 95, you'll probably need to be level 80 for it to work, which isn't hard to reach. For you, a lvl 80 could do the job, but it won't be groundbreakingly fast.

You can still do the damage shield way, but you'll have to do it the "opposite" way as people sometimes do for plvling. The trick is to have a very powerful character, put the highest damage shield on him you possibly can (group him with a bard if you have it), and have him pull a boatload of mobs, as well as using non-damaging agro abilities (SK hate or AoE snare spells). All the mobs will slowly be whittled down as they hit him, but the high lvl character will get no kill credit as damage shields don't count. Now the low level just has to do one point of damage to each mob to get the full credit and xp. At level 65 you're at the point where it gets really slow and/or requires a seriously huge damage shield for it to be worth it, though.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

That's how I PL up new characters. Using my SK as the damage sponge and Druid for DSes and promised heals (their heal count as hates from the SK). That works up until about 70 in the planes before it starts to suck. Which is about when you can group with a 95 for normal exp. Then I just swarm PL them in group till 80 before getting any more AAs. I only pick up a few AA along the way, things like run3/5, spells slots, innate invis and other vital quality of life AAs.

My general zone plan for that was Whatever -> Nadox -> PoValor -> PoEarth -> Tosk/Gyrospire/Kaesora.

The mobs either need to be super trivial to tank 30 at once with an ALEX, or light blue to trigger Mortal Coil for swarming.

I pulled off 60-70 in one lesson by camping while waiting for respawns in PoValor, and 100aa in another even with lots of zoning due to instance dropping in Zeka.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
So I'm at the point that I can realistically do the 2.0 fights either on my own or with a bit of help, but I need to get 6 orbs from Anguish, which I'm pretty sure I can't six box yet. Anyone willing to help me blow up the 5 events necessary to get some orbs soonish?

I'd sort of like to have my hands on these things while they're still viable weapons and not just in bag clicks (sadly, Heartwood Blade went straight from fletching kit to make it to a bag where it's used as a click, and Prismatic Dragon Blade / Fatestealer weren't far behind, thanks to BlackBurrow revamp!) but really whenever anyone could help out would be nice, as the clicks are still golden even if I don't wear said weapon/shield!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Where should I go with my 65 druid, 66 bard, and their L5 apprentice (my accounts are silver) healer & tank mercs? I really need to go somewhere where the mobs drop some cash - those mercs don't work for free. With the big AA patch coming next month I don't want to spend a ton of time grinding AA when I can do it twice as fast in a few weeks, but I do want to get a few core abilities.

I got the 9th spell gem on my druid (and I can't get the 10th until 75) and want to get the same for my bard and then max out innate run speed for both classes. I can't get more than Mental Clarity 3 for my druid until he levels up more, so I feel like I should focus on levels rather than AA right now.

I did a bit of Bastion of Thunder, but the mobs don't drop any money or anything that looks to be good vendor trash.

Note that I'm going to have to play both accounts on separate computers - I'm sure that isboxer is a fine bit of software, but it's expensive and I can't afford it. Also keep in mind that my gear is still shite and I only have about 4.4k plat to my name.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

Where should I go with my 65 druid, 66 bard, and their L5 apprentice (my accounts are silver) healer & tank mercs? I really need to go somewhere where the mobs drop some cash - those mercs don't work for free. With the big AA patch coming next month I don't want to spend a ton of time grinding AA when I can do it twice as fast in a few weeks, but I do want to get a few core abilities.

I got the 9th spell gem on my druid (and I can't get the 10th until 75) and want to get the same for my bard and then max out innate run speed for both classes. I can't get more than Mental Clarity 3 for my druid until he levels up more, so I feel like I should focus on levels rather than AA right now.

I did a bit of Bastion of Thunder, but the mobs don't drop any money or anything that looks to be good vendor trash.

Note that I'm going to have to play both accounts on separate computers - I'm sure that isboxer is a fine bit of software, but it's expensive and I can't afford it. Also keep in mind that my gear is still shite and I only have about 4.4k plat to my name.

I'd recommend destroying Blackfeather Roost. Even with apprentice mercs, you should be able to pull 4-5 mobs at a time and crush them quickly with the stacked damage shields and AoE spells you have. The animals on the first level drop teeth that sell for a good amount as well as the random named (hungry / injured mobs) drop items that vendor sell for 500pp each. If you move on to harpies and griffons, you can use the same tactic and sell the feathers, gems, and random items from named ones.

I made about 4k last night in a 90 minute stretch with 2 level 65 characters. (druid and made) Granted I have J1 mercs, but it shouldnt be much different. Maybe you'll need to do 3-4 mobs at once instead of 5-6, but they will still die quickly. If you gear is truly atrocious, you'll get some upgrades and stuff too. Also, if a griffon enforcer drops an Enchanted Harpy Blade for you, I'll buy it.

If you like Bastion of Thunder better, go to the top level and kill the bee things. They drop random vendor loot that sells for a good chunk pretty consistently.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Ylide posted:

I'd recommend destroying Blackfeather Roost. Even with apprentice mercs, you should be able to pull 4-5 mobs at a time and crush them quickly with the stacked damage shields and AoE spells you have. The animals on the first level drop teeth that sell for a good amount as well as the random named (hungry / injured mobs) drop items that vendor sell for 500pp each. If you move on to harpies and griffons, you can use the same tactic and sell the feathers, gems, and random items from named ones.

I made about 4k last night in a 90 minute stretch with 2 level 65 characters. (druid and made) Granted I have J1 mercs, but it shouldnt be much different. Maybe you'll need to do 3-4 mobs at once instead of 5-6, but they will still die quickly. If you gear is truly atrocious, you'll get some upgrades and stuff too. Also, if a griffon enforcer drops an Enchanted Harpy Blade for you, I'll buy it.

If you like Bastion of Thunder better, go to the top level and kill the bee things. They drop random vendor loot that sells for a good chunk pretty consistently.

Thank you for the advice. Now that EQAtlas is dead/tremendously dated, what's a good place to go for maps? I don't know where anything is these days... I can't even remember where to find some things that were in game back then, and I have no idea what Blackfeather roost is and not sure where best to look.

I decided to do a quick look at all of my alts (the ones that I can still see with Silver accounts, anyway) on both of my accounts before I moved my Bard to Luclin, and I am very glad that I did. One of my alts had 6k platinum on her that I had totally forgotten about. Hooray for my incredibly neurotic personality!

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

Thank you for the advice. Now that EQAtlas is dead/tremendously dated, what's a good place to go for maps? I don't know where anything is these days... I can't even remember where to find some things that were in game back then, and I have no idea what Blackfeather roost is and not sure where best to look.

http://www.mapfiend.net/

It's literally the first result on google for 'eq maps'. Just sayin'.

Also when your map is open there's a button in the top right that says 'zone guide' that can pretty much get you anywhere you want to go by setting your 'end zone' to where you're headed. It's a little clunky but pretty handy when you're going somewhere new.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I've kinda unintentionally not been playing.

I had my week vacation, and when I got back, couldn't get anyone together to run dungeons anymore. I was logging on to do my daily lesson, but that started to get boring too (and AA costs are getting quite high too). So then my desire to log on just drifted.

Then my P99 guild got me to log back on some too, so I've been logging on there a little for raiding.

So I dunno. I need to go do some more exploration, I think that'd get me back in the swing. But now I got some friends trying to get me to play D3 with them.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

xZAOx posted:

So I dunno. I need to go do some more exploration, I think that'd get me back in the swing. But now I got some friends trying to get me to play D3 with them.

Everyone I know who grinds lblues gets bored pretty fast in my experience. it holds them until they reach the point where AA returns are minimal, and then they just sort of lose interest. I created a list of stuff I want to do since I kept forgetting, but I think depending on level, the SoD achievements/progression they just added is a good, easy place to start. If thats too easy, move up to uf/hot/voa.

Other random stuff I did when grinding was boring:

VoA language fluent
epic quest
type 3 augs from progression
SoD augs/illusions
Random achievements as I am a huge achievement whore
RK II spells once I hit 86ish and started getting stuff I wouldnt replace
mpg trials
don AA
camping ac augs and playing other stuff while I waited for repops
tradeskills

basically type /ach and start going from there. This basically only works if you're an OCD completionist

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

Don't buy MC. Before Out Of Combat regen I would have called it overpriced. With OOC regen it's a waste of AAs except as a pre-req for good AAs.

The AAs I'd worry most about for casters early on are the quality of life AAs line innate invis, exodus, spell gems, and the first few levels of crit AA where the return on AA spent is much better than later levels.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Don't buy MC. Before Out Of Combat regen I would have called it overpriced. With OOC regen it's a waste of AAs except as a pre-req for good AAs.

The AAs I'd worry most about for casters early on are the quality of life AAs line innate invis, exodus, spell gems, and the first few levels of crit AA where the return on AA spent is much better than later levels.

I'm finding with the druid I don't really need much more than the 50 AAs I've gotten today to get the things you outlined above, but my mage has so many pet-enhancing ones that I feel compelled to get them maxed. Also, since I solo/box a lot, the damage avoidance/mitigation ones are tempting too since I'm pulling with either a leather or cloth class and mercs are often dumb.

Back to the earlier discussion of fast AAs, I did find a good spot to chew through them, making mass pulls of the nests on the top level of the roost. I was getting an AA per pull with lesson, and per 2 pulls without. Let the tank build up some aggro on each bird, then when everything is below 80% cast my best rain spells with both mage and druid. It got even better when a couple bard goons showed up and made it even faster. I cant see this working well once the mobs go all light blue, but 63-66ish it's a nice place to stop and grab a few before leveling again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Hoohah posted:

So I'm at the point that I can realistically do the 2.0 fights either on my own or with a bit of help, but I need to get 6 orbs from Anguish, which I'm pretty sure I can't six box yet. Anyone willing to help me blow up the 5 events necessary to get some orbs soonish?

I'd sort of like to have my hands on these things while they're still viable weapons and not just in bag clicks (sadly, Heartwood Blade went straight from fletching kit to make it to a bag where it's used as a click, and Prismatic Dragon Blade / Fatestealer weren't far behind, thanks to BlackBurrow revamp!) but really whenever anyone could help out would be nice, as the clicks are still golden even if I don't wear said weapon/shield!

I'd be more than willing to help since I am taking a break m grinding AA and hate grinding normal XP. I'll need some help on getting my Shaman 1.5 too, but I don't know if I want to finish my 1.0 yet. Can I come back later and do the 1.0 quests after getting my 2.0?