Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

Slick is alive, apparently!

The genetic code shot was made from the jumbled letters of "WHO'S THIS DOUCHEBAG":

The douchebag in question is, of course, Eddie Morton.

Gonna call it now that this is the code that creates Lord English. How could it not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Dolash posted:

It's actually a little challenging to work out what's actually going on. There's a little new content in there, mixed in with the references and jokes. Gamzee and John kissing was funny, but obviously just funny. Aranea and Jake going down to the pink moon was sort of expected, but it's still advancement. Are we supposed to take anything from Jade and Davesprite reading the Midnight Crew MSPA? Are they going to recognize anyone? I need to rewatch this flash once or twice more.

Recognizing that comic strip characters exist in another form in their reality might be a step towards the trapping Lord English in Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff victory plan that a guy in this thread made up.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Pester posted:

Recognizing that comic strip characters exist in another form in their reality might be a step towards the trapping Lord English in Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff victory plan that a guy in this thread made up.

If done right, it'd be pretty amazing if Jade, Davesprite and John all work this out and realize their whole world was created by Andrew Hussie, somehow.

Is he not just as complicit in their tribulations as Lord English himself??

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Pester posted:

If you want a picture of the future, imagine Lord English, falling down the stairs— forever.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It wouldn't be the first time the Midnight Crew had been a comic in the comic, and it is implied that Homestuck itself is a comic in at least one of these universes. It's not quite clear what's going on when SS reads Hivebent, however.

Since Jade didn't recognize John from the In-Universe Midnight Crew Intermission, I'm going to assume that self-cameos of the comic will ultimately have as much significance as the author self-insert, which is to say, none at all, lest it nullify the basic ability of intelligent beings in all real and hypothetical planes of existence to give a poo poo.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I try not to think too hard about the characters reading MSPaint Adventures in-comic because because would that website also be written and maintained by Andrew Hussie? Presumably this Andrew Hussie is independent of the Andrew Hussie who was just killed by Lord English.

...Or is that his dreamself?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Of course the MSPA in the comic is written by the same Andrew Hussie who's writing the MSPA that features characters reading the internal MSPA. Why wouldn't it be?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, each universe has MSPA being a different adventure, so that sorta implies different Hussies.

Like, in B2, instead of going on to making Homestuck, B2-Hussie make Problem Sleuth 2, remember?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Well, each universe has MSPA being a different adventure, so that sorta implies different Hussies.

Like, in B2, instead of going on to making Homestuck, B2-Hussie make Problem Sleuth 2, remember?

Hussie is trans-universal. He's always been hanging out in that spooky mansion, remember? He's just highly prolific.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
The way I see it, the MSPA in each universe is just another window into a different universe.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what struck me most was the fact that the Condesce is apparently controlling GCAT? Unless I misinterpreted it! That does raise at least a few questions - if she's in a place that generally operates under a different sense of "time" than Earth, is it possible that she was controlling Gcat the time it rescued Jane, and I guess hosed with all of the kids?

I don't know, I might be projecting unwarranted depth onto a cardboard cutout villain, but her motives still come off as really vague to me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Since she's controlling GCAT, it seems likely that everything that's happened so far in B2 has been according to her plan. That doesn't mean her plan is very good, however; she's been characterized as impulsive and spiteful.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno, I can buy her being able to control GCat, but actually using GCat to further her plans?

How would she even know how to use the drat thing? She's not omnipotent herself or anything, so she's not gonna know what, say, moving a window at just the wrong moment would do. Even if she's got a Trollian account, she can't see everything, just the general area around each kid.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Considering that GCAT is immortal, the Condensce lives virtually forever, and that we don't know how the big C is going back and forth between Earth and Derse, it's hard to pin down GCAT's timeline. GCAT could have been operating on his own agenda, stayed on Earth until the 2050s, controlled by the Condense when she gained powers sometimes between 2011 and The Future, helped to kill B2- Dave and Rose, and then whisked into the Medium where we see it here, for example.

Omnipotent or not, Mind-controlled or not, GCAT is still one thing: a cat.

You can never control a cat for very long.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I feel exceedingly stupid now for not realizing Hussie's ring was that kind of ring.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I feel exceedingly stupid now for not realizing Hussie's ring was that kind of ring.

It may or may be. Probably just a joke, since Queen rings don't work on humans (and, I assume, Trolls, or they'd have kept the one they had, rather than destroying it), but, well, you never know in this comic.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I always thought of it as, MSPA is maintained by in-universe Hussie, who uses the site to show characters things, whether it's stories pertaining to other beings in the universes or just to gently caress around. Or that it's a window between universes or something.

If there is an actual explanation, which there isn't, it probably isn't that, but THIS IS WHAT I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I just want to see hussie get dunked on by ~the big man~

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I think the GCat scene is after the Condesce arrives on Earth. The stuff it did pre-Jane entry is probably its own cat "being a loving jerk every opportunity" deal.

Dolash posted:

It's actually a little challenging to work out what's actually going on. There's a little new content in there, mixed in with the references and jokes. Gamzee and John kissing was funny, but obviously just funny. Aranea and Jake going down to the pink moon was sort of expected, but it's still advancement. Are we supposed to take anything from Jade and Davesprite reading the Midnight Crew MSPA? Are they going to recognize anyone? I need to rewatch this flash once or twice more.

I think the deal with the Jade/Davesprite scene is that they're together. They seemed to get along in the last intermission.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YF-23 posted:

I think the GCat scene is after the Condesce arrives on Earth. The stuff it did pre-Jane entry is probably its own cat "being a loving jerk every opportunity" deal.

I agree the stuff it did already in the comic is probably the cat just being a cat (or being a Guardian and protecting the kids, but in jerky cat ways), but I want to remind you that the Condesce doesn't arrive at the point of Jane's entry. She's been on Earth since the 1920s or whatever. She just goes public at the same time as Jane's entry.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I think it's the Gamzee+John smooch that has me the most amused.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
At least Slick is still alive. Now he'll just carry Hussie to his quest bed so he can come back as the godtier Huss of Lips.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This flash was incredible.

Also I am so glad I got this avatar ages ago during Act 5.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This is where we say, yet again, that the DD is the best.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
We've got confirmation, then. The Dignitary did not transform.

He has too much imagination and class for that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

On the first page I knew right away we were getting an Ace Dick call back. :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wish he'd actually turned into Ace Dick.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
DD owns so loving much.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
How can one webcomic sustain so many Best Characters?

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Holy crap lois remember that one time when problem sleuth.

I'm glad to get away from the new batch of kids talking about their feelings, but I'm honestly more interested to see more of Lord English or the Troll Empress than the third copy of an ancillary character.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MrBims posted:

I was always miffed at DD being pointlessly killed offscreen after so much build up as a horrifyingly competent hitman, but I'm fine with his and Jack's roles being switched now. Don't be surprised if we never go back to Jailbreak Jack.

I think we're probably going to cut back a few more times just to see Jack's jailbreak getting progressively more and more outlandish, to no real effect.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pandaK posted:

Introducing the new Homestack sandwich, featuring 12 different types of meat and cheese :v:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

They could pioneer grubsauce.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Snollygoster posted:

Holy crap lois remember that one time when problem sleuth.

I'm glad to get away from the new batch of kids talking about their feelings, but I'm honestly more interested to see more of Lord English or the Troll Empress than the third copy of an ancillary character.
I'm enjoying English's MO of just turning up in places he really shouldn't be. Like, knock knock who is it? THE END OF ALL THAT IS, THAT'S WHO.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Seoinin posted:

I'm enjoying English's MO of just turning up in places he really shouldn't be. Like, knock knock who is it? THE END OF ALL THAT IS, THAT'S WHO.

I'm envisioning that panel of Darkseid chilling out on Mary Marvel's couch, only with Lord English.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Seoinin posted:

While Lord English is a little more of a hands-on slayer than Doc Scratch, he still comes off as a cunning controller and manipulator with a taste for pawns and servant as his tools rather than his personal intervention. He's probably going to do ominous things now that the authour's dead and everything, but teleport-killing the puny players seems a little beneath him, even if he can do it.

YF-23 posted:

I think the deal with the Jade/Davesprite scene is that they're together. They seemed to get along in the last intermission.

I'm a tad unsure of talking about this since it's still just a hint or two, but if Jade and Davesprite were to end up together (or really at least just good enough friends that Jade might think of Davesprite before Dave), well, that'd lead to some pretty interesting character interactions. Dave's had a sort of contentious relationship with himself (and his many selves), and the topic of who's 'real' and what it means to be the Dave are sure to complicate things.

Not to mention that at the end of the day Davesprite might still be doomed (because he's a sprite? Because he's from a beta timeline? Both?), which adds the requisite tragic component.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Oh no! DD is one of those shoot-the-hero-instead-of-telling-him-your-master-plan type of villains!

We're all doomed.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cabbit posted:

I'm envisioning that panel of Darkseid chilling out on Mary Marvel's couch, only with Lord English.

Darkseid often surprises people by chilling in their living rooms, and my favorite thing about it is is that every single time it's happened has been a callback to the original New Gods series.

It's a fundamental part of his character these days. How do you unsettle somebody? Be waiting in their house. If you really want to drive your point home, be reading Mein Kampf while you wait.

I'm not sure Lord English could pull off the full effect, though, because he doesn't wear a short tunic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

DD is the most smooth world destroying motherfucker you will ever meet.