Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Maybe her hair was just getting ready for all the chemo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
To lighten the mood, Artie posted this on Twitter a little while ago:

Here me and Hadley, one of the stars of the @louisck show, play on the swings:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

You can actually see him thinking about the scalding hot bath he'll take later to scrub this guy's germs off of himself.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

You can actually see him thinking about the scalding hot bath he'll take later to scrub this guy's germs off of himself.

Howard needs to push his wig forward a little bit -- he's showing fivehead there.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

whha ha ha ha, ok I'm watching every episode now

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
He standard treatment for bladder cancer is to remove the bladder. Bladder cancer spreads rapidly and can produce lots of tumors throughout the body. She'll have to wear a colostomy bag the rest of her life.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Do yous guys this she will continue to have green drink or will she just start going to lunch with JD and John Hine?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
It'll probably be crazier.

Also I wonder if switching to a vegan diet has anything to do with it. Maybe offsetting your diet that much can have negative effects.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Maybe she knew something was wrong and decided green drinks and candy massages would work better than a real doctor, and only went to one when it became too late.

Jarthus
Feb 25, 2008
Who knows what strange poo poo she has done to her body because some witch doctor told her to. What was that whole episode where she went to some south america jungle to take LSD and puke for 3 days?

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Jarthus posted:

Who knows what strange poo poo she has done to her body because some witch doctor told her to. What was that whole episode where she went to some south america jungle to take LSD and puke for 3 days?

Also, get rubbed with discarded Mike & Ike boxes.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

burmart posted:

Also, get rubbed with discarded Mike & Ike boxes.

I'd love to be the doctor taking her H&P (History and Physical) when she's admitted to the hospital. It would be like a Bob Newhart bit.

"...Ok Ms. Quivers, what kind of treatment have you had before? Um..e-excuse me? he..he...Rubbed? The candy boxes on you? What..What's that? You had a, BERRY? drink? um mmm. The...there are no vegetables in France you say?"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

UltraRed posted:

He standard treatment for bladder cancer is to remove the bladder. Bladder cancer spreads rapidly and can produce lots of tumors throughout the body. She'll have to wear a colostomy bag the rest of her life.

Yeah, that's what I took from her "It's not a death thing, but it's unacceptable" comment. Poor old Robin, that would certainly suck.

I wonder what the first song will rhyme with 'piss and shitbag on her hip'

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Robin will have three fun bags now. Fire up the karaoke machine little Mikey!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
No way will Howard allow any song parodies about this air. He would have back when he was making jokes about his wife's miscarriage, but he's completely toothless now. He'll keep recycling the same ones about how "hot" she is.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
There are a lot of great examples of Howard having gone soft, but electing to not tease Robin about having cancer is not one of them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

There are a lot of great examples of Howard having gone soft, but electing to not tease Robin about having cancer is not one of them.

Yeah, if he didn't goof on her weight problems and her wacky health practices, no way he's getting anywhere near this.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Robin put up with a ton of poo poo about her abused childhood for the sake of the show, she doesn't also have to put up with stuff about cancer. I'd be totally fine with him staying away from all that stuff.

Jarthus
Feb 25, 2008
Has there ever even been a show without Robin? I can't recall hearing one if there has ever been one. The Chatter was already canceled because of this, I wonder when Robin draws a line and decides to focus on health over work.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

Yeah, that is kind of a hard thing to do IRL to somebody you care about. Super easy over the internet however.

But still, Howard built his empire being a dick to people about cancer and dead cats and making fun of everything.

Like Artie said on his show recently, "We love black people, we love women, we love gays, we love everyone, but sometimes you just want to make a joke".

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, that is kind of a hard thing to do IRL to somebody you care about. Super easy over the internet however.

But still, Howard built his empire being a dick to people about cancer and dead cats and making fun of everything.

Like Artie said on his show recently, "We love black people, we love women, we love gays, we love everyone, but sometimes you just want to make a joke".

Comedy must come first. Otherwise it's just a life full of misery and poo poo.

Actually, heroin comes first.

By the way, Colin Quinn tweeted some things today that his followers are melting down over.

quote:

Colin Quinn ‏@iamcolinquinn
I'm not a racist who believes in white privelege but I do believe very strongly in white power.

Colin Quinn ‏@iamcolinquinn
I don't feel anybody should have to hide their sexuality. But this gay marriage thing needs to be stopped. Now. Am I right, or right?

I wonder if he'll call into Nick and Artie. I don't think he's been on recently.

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 18, 2012

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jarthus posted:

Has there ever even been a show without Robin? I can't recall hearing one if there has ever been one. The Chatter was already canceled because of this, I wonder when Robin draws a line and decides to focus on health over work.

I don't know if there have been any no-Robin shows since the '90s, but there were a couple older shows where she wasn't around. Once Bo the Lesbian sat in for the news (Robin got very mad about this). And on another occasion, Lisa Sliwa (wife of the Guardian Angels guy) was the newswoman. She wound up getting in a really intense fight with Bobcat Goldthwait.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

By the way, Colin Quinn tweeted some things today that his followers are melting down over.

I wonder if he'll call into Nick and Artie. I don't think he's been on recently.

Colin seems to have decided that his official Twitter policy is "troll as hard as you can, all the time". :)

prefect fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 18, 2012

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
If you are of the opinion that substance abuse is a disease, then Artie's disease is just as deadly as Robins.
While Howard may not have directly goofed on Artie's addiction, the rest of the staff and audience sure got to.

The day after Artie relapses and misses work Richard and Sal produce at least a half dozen Artie on Heroin Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvleQUqbaZw

I seriously doubt Howard would allow any Robin/Cancer songs.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I dunno, when they made the announcement that day Fred and Howard got in a lot of jokes, but once it turned into some potentially serious issue of course they would back off. Robin has thick skin, but facing death is usually not easy to joke about for awhile. Give them some time to absorb it and I'm sure they will find it is best to joke about stuff and keep living.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

If you are of the opinion that substance abuse is a disease, then Artie's disease is just as deadly as Robins.
While Howard may not have directly goofed on Artie's addiction, the rest of the staff and audience sure got to.

The day after Artie relapses and misses work Richard and Sal produce at least a half dozen Artie on Heroin Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvleQUqbaZw

I seriously doubt Howard would allow any Robin/Cancer songs.

I wonder how long she's going to be out. Recovery is going to be a bitch, especially since it involves a serious life change. This is really going to demolish what remains of the show.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I wonder how long she's going to be out. Recovery is going to be a bitch, especially since it involves a serious life change. This is really going to demolish what remains of the show.

I dunno, but I am going to call it right now. Get ready for the phrase "Lisa Lampanelli sitting in for the week"

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
So all of these years of Robin using random treatments to make herself better were, IMO, her trying to figure out that something may actually be truly wrong with her body?

Steve Jobs tried the same approach, and that worked out well...

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

I'd love to be the doctor taking her H&P (History and Physical) when she's admitted to the hospital. It would be like a Bob Newhart bit.

"...Ok Ms. Quivers, what kind of treatment have you had before? Um..e-excuse me? he..he...Rubbed? The candy boxes on you? What..What's that? You had a, BERRY? drink? um mmm. The...there are no vegetables in France you say?"

The craziest poo poo I ever heard Robin talk about was flying to California to go into some strange machine that's supposed to help your blood circulate more efficiently.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

If she's really getting a colostomy bag I would say 6 months. That's if her fragile psyche can handle it.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Wait is it confirmed robin has cancer or are we still just speculating?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

beergod posted:

Cancer is speculation.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

beergod posted:

This, please. I'm so confused from only listening to bits and pieces and trying to fill in the blanks with this thread. All I know is Robin has grapefruit-sized tumors and a pee bag.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Mr Hands Colon posted:

So all of these years of Robin using random treatments to make herself better were, IMO, her trying to figure out that something may actually be truly wrong with her body?

Steve Jobs tried the same approach, and that worked out well...
I was just thinking the Steve Jobs comparison myself. Didn't he say he just had like an iron deficiency that he was going to treat with diet? Like you said, that worked out well.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Sasquatch! posted:

I was just thinking the Steve Jobs comparison myself. Didn't he say he just had like an iron deficiency that he was going to treat with diet? Like you said, that worked out well.

I finally got around to listening to the audio book whilst on vacation, and he had some odd diet regimes as well (fruit only for weeks on end, fasting weeks, etc) which weren't too far off from her crazy methods. At the end of the day he had to get an organ transplant but he still died. Let's just hope that Robin is ok. As much as we all like to talk poo poo about her, she is a human being.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Just for what it's worth, her diet(lots of fruits and veggies) is great for combating bladder cancer, not inviting it.

The vegan/vegetarian diet has not shown any connections to an increase in cancer and if it did there'd be a lot less people living those lifestyles. The fact is that it really doesn't matter whether or not you eat meat as long as you properly supplement the rest of your diet with the proper grains, fruits and vegetables and likewise for vegans, it's important to get the minerals and vitamins that are normally found in meats but can be lacking in vegetables. Also in making a guess here, since nobody knows what that green drink is composed of, it's likely harmless at worst and is in no way related to her current illness if, again, it is cancer. It's not to say vegan diets don't cause health issues or are connected to certain diseases if poorly planned out but one would need to make a ton of leaps based on various things like not knowing her actual diet, not knowing what is really wrong with her, etc. and that's just foolish.

The odds are incredibly good that if she does have cancer then as it is for a lot of people, it was simply a bad roll of the dice. It's easy to look at a smoker with lung cancer and reason that they knew what they were getting into but cancer's a brutal disease that often has little rhyme or reason to it and it's a bit much to make these assumptions that Robin's slow spiral into food insanity has caused or contributed to it manifesting itself in her.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 18, 2012

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Crotch Bat posted:

Just for what it's worth, her diet(lots of fruits and veggies) is great for combating bladder cancer, not inviting it.

The vegan/vegetarian diet has not shown any connections to an increase in cancer and if it did there'd be a lot less people living those lifestyles. The fact is that it really doesn't matter whether or not you eat meat as long as you properly supplement the rest of your diet with the proper grains, fruits and vegetables and likewise for vegans, it's important to get the minerals and vitamins that are normally found in meats but can be lacking in vegetables. Also in making a guess here, since nobody knows what that green drink is composed of, it's likely harmless at worst and is in no way related to her current illness if, again, it is cancer. It's not to say vegan diets don't cause health issues or are connected to certain diseases if poorly planned out but one would need to make a ton of leaps based on various things like not knowing her actual diet, not knowing what is really wrong with her, etc. and that's just foolish.

The odds are incredibly good that if she does have cancer then as it is for a lot of people, it was simply a bad roll of the dice. It's easy to look at a smoker with lung cancer and reason that they knew what they were getting into but cancer's a brutal disease that often has little rhyme or reason to it and it's a bit much to make these assumptions that Robin's slow spiral into food insanity has caused or contributed to it manifesting itself in her.

I'm not saying that her retarded view on nutrition caused her ailment. I'm just saying that, after all of the candy being rubbed on her etc, it took western medicine diagnosis for her to realize that she needs more than Dr. Ronni for her to live a life.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, don't be one of those people that says "What a dummy, she tried to live healthy and she got cancer, IRONY RIGHT GUYS?!?!"

No matter what you think of her personality, we shouldn't be mocking her very life, just her opinions on it. That's kind of low class and creepy for anyone hoping to rub this in her face (not that anyone here is, but drat, I can see a lot of obsessive fans doing just that and it makes me kind of sad).

I used to cringe when Howard would go on his rants about wishing cancer on people and death and horrible stuff because of radio ratings or whatever.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I'm not saying that her retarded view on nutrition caused her ailment. I'm just saying that, after all of the candy being rubbed on her etc, it took western medicine diagnosis for her to realize that she needs more than Dr. Ronni for her to live a life.

I'm glad Gary piped up and asked if she was going to see an actual doctor.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

-Atom- posted:

I'm glad Gary piped up and asked if she was going to see an actual doctor.

Exactly, and I didn't mean for my comments to make me appear anywhere near that of an SFN poster. Regardless of how much we mock or make fun of her here, again she is a human being with a (potentially) serious health issue and I wouldn't wish that on any person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
I think Robin caught whatever that John the Big Balls guy had when he was on the show.

On a lighter note, that XXX Factor was pretty drat entertaining. I love those retarded games they put on.