Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
But who is Red Miles? They haven't actually introduced him yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
One wonders what Red Miles actually does, apart from end the universe.

Maybe with an unprototyped ring it'll just kill every frog on Derse. :tinfoil:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

OriginalPseudonym posted:

It seems to be a kinda of indiscriminate area of effect attack. I'm pretty sure Original Jack used it when he started wrecking up the battlefield and the end of.... Act 4? I think?

Edit: Was also thinking we might get to see the white equivalent soon; PM has the white ring and she is super pissed. She might bust out the big stuff when she catchs Jack.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

OriginalPseudonym posted:

Pretty sure it's, like Myrdhale said, just a really strong "attack". The Black Queen doesn't use it indiscriminately since the game has a natural "order".

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

creationist believer posted:

Red Miles, Black Inches, Yellow Yards... Green feet? Blue Leagues? Fuchsia furlongs?

Green slime! :haw:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm wondering if the attempts to make DD look as cool as possible now are just to make up for an earlier iteration of him wearing cat ears.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Zorak posted:

Pretty sure it's, like Myrdhale said, just a really strong "attack". The Black Queen doesn't use it indiscriminately since the game has a natural "order".

Have any other attacks/effects had their name put in a Final Fantasy box at the top of the scene when used?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Lamuella posted:

Have any other attacks/effects had their name put in a Final Fantasy box at the top of the scene when used?

Yes, the Fraymotif "Adagio Redshift" did as I recall. Generally speaking none of the protagonists have used Fraymotifs (basically spells/ special movies associated with the powers, I think) and stuck to just weapon-focused attacks and pure-power-application stuff.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I hope we get to see some more, because they all have totally gobsmackingly cool names.

"Fantasia's Inhale"
"Feathercadence"
"Breathless Battaglia"
"Ivories in the Fire"

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Zorak posted:

Yes, the Fraymotif "Adagio Redshift" did as I recall. Generally speaking none of the protagonists have used Fraymotifs (basically spells/ special movies associated with the powers, I think) and stuck to just weapon-focused attacks and pure-power-application stuff.

I'm hoping that now that the characters are more clustered together, we might see more of them, since many of the fraymotifs had two symbols, implying some sort of group attack combining different powers.

edit: Considering they're all music-themed, which is kinda a plot thread that hasn't been picked up in a long time, I wonder if they're just something Hussie lost interest in.

edit2: I forgot that you use boondollars to buy them, and you stop getting boondollars when you go godtier, because "that poo poo's for babies now". So maybe all that fraymotif stuff just enables things you do naturally a godtier. Who knows.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 10:12 on May 19, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It seems weird DD is unleashing an indiscriminate, possibly planet-destroying area attack on Derse just to kill Dirk and Roxy's dreamselves. He always came off as the one most interested in being a cunning ruler or power-broker over a kingdom, as opposed to Jack Noir's more 'destroy everything' instincts. I mean, would the Condesce even appreciate him destroying her latest kingdom?

I'm starting to think a non-royal carapace person wearing a ring might make them a little nuts.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Bobulus posted:

edit: Considering they're all music-themed, which is kinda a plot thread that hasn't been picked up in a long time, I wonder if they're just something Hussie lost interest in.
That's true; Rose had her violin, and was tasked with learning to play the rain pretty early on.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

That's true; Rose had her violin, and was tasked with learning to play the rain pretty early on.

I don't think this at least will be ignored, what with all the Denizen talk there was much more recently than this. (and also there was that organ in Typheus' lair that we saw in Beta John's memories) Andrew did say in Homestuck book one that the instruments were originally planned to be more important than they ended up, though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dolash posted:

It seems weird DD is unleashing an indiscriminate, possibly planet-destroying area attack on Derse just to kill Dirk and Roxy's dreamselves. He always came off as the one most interested in being a cunning ruler or power-broker over a kingdom, as opposed to Jack Noir's more 'destroy everything' instincts. I mean, would the Condesce even appreciate him destroying her latest kingdom?

I'm starting to think a non-royal carapace person wearing a ring might make them a little nuts.

Derse represents destruction, and its citizens reflect this. Even the nicer Dersites we've seen like WV and AR have shown a strong dislike for frogs.

I suspect DD would also destroy everything given the chance, but he'd like to look classy while he does it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Boneless Jogger posted:

I don't think this at least will be ignored, what with all the Denizen talk there was much more recently than this. (and also there was that organ in Typheus' lair that we saw in Beta John's memories) Andrew did say in Homestuck book one that the instruments were originally planned to be more important than they ended up, though.

originally, the gap between the two fenestrated walls wasn't divided by a yardstick. Instead, they were two doors jammed shut with Jade's flute.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Dolash posted:

We dont know what level of control he has over all the red vines and tendrils and stuff. Maye it can be fully controlled? Maybe DD is sneaking one into every doorway and window to try and force the kids out of hiding, without causing miles of destruction? Maybe he's using a soft touch with the red miles, rather than a heavy bloody hand like Jack.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rooreelooo posted:

We dont know what level of control he has over all the red vines and tendrils and stuff. Maye it can be fully controlled? Maybe DD is sneaking one into every doorway and window to try and force the kids out of hiding, without causing miles of destruction? Maybe he's using a soft touch with the red miles, rather than a heavy bloody hand like Jack.

You can see Derse getting pretty hosed up by DD's Red Miles though.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Looks like Jane is getting the wallet conveniently pre-emptied.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I really don't want to see Dad die twice.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
No danger of that, we only saw the results the first time. :unsmigghh:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zorak posted:

The splinter-timeline in which Vriska fought Jack also had her use "Ancestral Awakening" off her dice.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Cabbit posted:

The splinter-timeline in which Vriska fought Jack also had her use "Ancestral Awakening" off her dice.

We also got the Technique Use Message when Vriska used her dice to off Spidermom, as well.

YF-23 posted:

You can see Derse getting pretty hosed up by DD's Red Miles though.

We can see some buildings getting damaged, but it's possible that maybe he's still controlling the attack enough to keep it to a level of "Ruin some pointy gothic architecture nobody cares about" in his hunt for Dirk as opposed to "Razing anything and everyone in range".

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

Hahaha the Dad note system fails for the first time!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rooreelooo posted:

Hahaha the Dad note system fails for the first time!

Even money Jane is about to smash a piano for some seemingly disconnected reason.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I don't know if this should go in this thread or the fanart thread or the Portal thread, but someone's created a Sendificator for Portal 2 maps. It's a pretty cool puzzle mechanic.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dark Grapefruit posted:

I don't know if this should go in this thread or the fanart thread or the Portal thread, but someone's created a Sendificator for Portal 2 maps. It's a pretty cool puzzle mechanic.

Oh neat, I played an earlier version of this and had asked him a while ago to put it on the workshop. Glad he did!

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 19, 2012

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cabbit posted:

:goonsay: She used it before too in the real timeline, when she fought the black king (it's the result for rolling eight eights) we just didn't see it.

I think thats more of a dice-ability and less of a fraymotif though. The fraymotifs seem to have the element symbol of the user in the FF attack bar whereas ancestral awakening doesn't. I mean we've only seen one used and one list of ones John could buy so it's hard to tell.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Whatever it was, it fit the bill of "something with an ability name", which was the point.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, duh, I completely forgot that Jane would have to get grist some other way, what with all enemies and consorts being long dead.

A "normal" void session would be weird, since the Black Royalty would be easier, but would also require much lower-tech weaponry and skill levels. It would be like one of those no-fighting Final Fantasy skill runs.

Good thing four more planets full of monsters (and GristTorrent) is going to show up soon and solve these problems. :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Green slime! :haw:

I don't know...

:v:

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I don't want to know what a SBaHJ book would look like.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bobulus posted:

Oh, duh, I completely forgot that Jane would have to get grist some other way, what with all enemies and consorts being long dead.

A "normal" void session would be weird, since the Black Royalty would be easier, but would also require much lower-tech weaponry and skill levels. It would be like one of those no-fighting Final Fantasy skill runs.

Good thing four more planets full of monsters (and GristTorrent) is going to show up soon and solve these problems. :v:

Well, in theory. By the time they arrive it'll turn out that John and Jade long killed all their imps, and the grist was wasted trying to invent hypoallergenic peanut butter.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

cmykjester posted:

the bopk... GLOWNS IN THE DARK

the bpok acutally,,, DOES GLOWN ON THE DARK

too find out watch thing is true..... BUY THEB BOOK?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

cmykjester posted:

It would be printed on a strange substance bearing more resemblance to cardboard than paper, and more resemblance to wood pulp than either. Every book would ship with a few pages omitted, and a few more randomly rearranged. The spine would snap in two when the book was first opened. The pages would not lie flat against each other, and in the few places they touched they would be carefully stuck together with a mixture of superglue and urine.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pumpinglemma posted:

It would be printed on a strange substance bearing more resemblance to cardboard than paper, and more resemblance to wood pulp than either. Every book would ship with a few pages omitted, and a few more randomly rearranged. The spine would snap in two when the book was first opened. The pages would not lie flat against each other, and in the few places they touched they would be carefully stuck together with a mixture of superglue and urine.

And that's only if you get one of the early editions on Topatoco.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

For those of you joining us late, when Hussie made the SBaHJ tshirt, the first batch was normal, and the second batch glowed in the dark. But then the two batches got mixed together, so if your shirt glowed in the dark or not was a surprise.

This is a thing that actually happened.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

cmykjester posted:

Haha, that's awesome. When it came to the books, I asked Hussie what he wanted to do about the SBaHJ comics that were referenced in HS, but that only appeared on the SBaHJ site. I guess now I know.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

pumpinglemma posted:

Every book would ship with a few pages omitted, and a few more randomly rearranged. The spine would snap in two when the book was first opened. The pages would not lie flat against each other, and in the few places they touched they would be carefully stuck together with a mixture of superglue and urine.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pfft come on Jane the solution to this is simple.

Captchalogue the door. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
So, just curious, what would happen if you were to capchalogue the entire planet and run it through gristwidget? Is it even possible to capchalogue something that big?