Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno anything about the RBs -- what's bad about the RB20DET?

Probably really heavy because it's an iron block straight 6 while not being very powerful. I think they are very common in Japanese junkyards because Nissan put them i a whole bunch of their RWD cars in the late 80 and early 90s but otherwise it seems like most people prefer the newer, more modern SR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

iv46vi posted:

proto-hatchback 50s style with a face only a mother could love
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Dodge-2Dr-Station-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ363279168

Leperflesh posted:

A two door station wagon :confused:

Whose bright idea was that?

Chevy sold a lot of Nomads.

I'd love this wagon, by the way. Dammit. I can't seriously look into anything else unil the kid finishes college & the debt is erased.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
4 doors are for stay at home moms not men. Ask anyone over 60 what they think of 4 doors cars. It was some marketing gimmick like low profile tires are now.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Leperflesh posted:

A two door station wagon :confused:

Whose bright idea was that?

The Suburban started it's life as a 2-door, and continued right up into the 70's:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

iv46vi posted:

proto-hatchback 50s style with a face only a mother could love
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Dodge-2Dr-Station-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ363279168

The interesting thing about this car is that the tail fins and tail lights look like a Plymouth, not a Dodge. That's because Chrysler used to use Plymouth bodies to build some of its Canadian market and overseas export Dodges. This is one case where the seller is right to call it rare. It's also amazing to see a forward look Mopar that has survived this long in Ontario. There's hardly ever any at the local car shows I go to.

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/3004334637.html

Well I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before...

Edit: I think that's a Quiznos sign attempt!

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

koollook124 posted:

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/3004334637.html

Well I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before...

Edit: I think that's a Quiznos sign attempt!

Man, those 12" Daytons really add to re-sale!

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Own a Quattroporte today for the low price of 6 BiTurbos! It has a TorqueFlite so I'm sure there will be no problems getting it going.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/3001806471.html

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Actual gold? What appears to be an unmolested, rust-free late AE86 in New York for under $1k? If real, holy poo poo
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/3012158339.html

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Black88GTA posted:

Actual gold? What appears to be an unmolested, rust-free late AE86 in New York for under $1k? If real, holy poo poo
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/3012158339.html

Holy poo poo and it's even a coupe. Final year, unmolested coupe AE86, basically my dream car.

If it was ever real, it was probably gone within 2 minutes of the ad being posted.

EDIT: vvvv for that car, I'd bring my own wheels.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 14, 2012

RazorDX
Nov 7, 2008
That's honestly the first time I've seen "bring your own wheels."

I mean I've seen a seller advise that the pictured wheels will be changed to stock, but not that you will literally have to put wheels on it to drive it home. :confused:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

RazorDX posted:

That's honestly the first time I've seen "bring your own wheels."

I see it a lot on bro trucks with big (expensive) mudders and donks with rented rimzzzzz.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Couldn't quite get the top part. All it says is "1992 Aristo, some mods, bit rough $5500ono"

I hate Australia sometimes. He's been trying to sell it for the last like 6 months and has only dropped the price (by $1,000) in the last month or so. I want one. :(

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

fingerling posted:

Couldn't quite get the top part. All it says is "1992 Aristo, some mods, bit rough $5500ono"

I hate Australia sometimes. He's been trying to sell it for the last like 6 months and has only dropped the price (by $1,000) in the last month or so. I want one. :(

well he's got the "o no" part right.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

well he's got the "o no" part right.

I might pay like.. $1,500 for it. Purely for the engine. And body. Which both sound stuffed. It's just hilarious because someone's selling a mint one for like $6,900 and this idiot thinks he'll get that. :sigh:
I also like how half of the poo poo that isn't in the "bad stuff" should be. Urgh.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Do you ever feel that your SUV may not be safe enough?
Protect your loved ones from road rage/zombie apocalypse with this fine and affordable* auto.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2000-Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-Armored-bullet-proof-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ378307975

*Handy tip: map your route using gas stations as markers.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

iv46vi posted:

Protect your loved ones from road rage/zombie apocalypse with this fine and affordable* auto.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2000-Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-Armored-bullet-proof-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ378307975

"Breaks were done not too long ago"

hmmm I wonder what he was breaking.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

The Suburban started it's life as a 2-door, and continued right up into the 70's:

:ssh: That one's a three-door - two on the passenger side and one on the driver's.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

iv46vi posted:

They're not THAT bad. The most laughable aspect of that ad is a 12 year old "rust free*" jeep in Ontario of all places.

*=unless rust only counts if holes are greater than 2" in diameter.

Edit: Rust plainly visible in front corner of drivers door

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

They're not THAT bad. The most laughable aspect of that ad is a 12 year old "rust free*" jeep in Ontario of all places.

*=unless rust only counts if holes are greater than 2" in diameter.

Edit: Rust plainly visible in front corner of drivers door

Also, as was pointed out in this forum, that armor "goes bad" after a while and stops working. Which would be a bit of a shock if you found out in the middle of a gun fight.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Tai-Pan posted:

Also, as was pointed out in this forum, that armor "goes bad" after a while and stops working. Which would be a bit of a shock if you found out in the middle of a gun fight.

That depends on how long "a while" actually is.

On the other hand I was mostly joking, but this is apparently a thing http://www.armageddononline.org/forums/threads/31359-Armoured-cars?s=dcf5748bb407fb5bbdc6578e1b151957

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Armageddon Forum? HAHAHAHAHA, that must be where the Stormfront zombie invasion fetishists describe their libtard fantasies.

I had a good CL Gold car, but I can't find it now :(

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

iv46vi posted:

steering...dumper

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Manual transmission and AC, no iDrive, cloth seats, not steelies, but the smallest/cheapest wheels, I think. A poverty spec 316 or AI's dream car?

:getin:

Still over €21k :(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The paint on that fender looks terrible, unless it's a camera or lighting fluke.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Jonny 290 posted:

The paint on that fender looks terrible, unless it's a camera or lighting fluke.

Nope, all German cars are like that. Feature not bug.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Legit gold, though I'm not too sure about that price...

Bonus points for an unsolved electrical problem in a 70s-era British car.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3021468590.html

quote:

1971 Austin Mini Cooper S 1380
RHD
19,000 miles on the rebuilt engine
Freshly painted (British racing green) a year ago
Engine runs great with no mechanical issues

Engine
Now it has:
1380 Stage 2 with an 1" 3/4 Hiff Carb which was built by Jonspeed Mini's for the car in Septemeber 2007.
New Electronic Distributor, Coil, Leads and Plugs
The Mini has recently been tuned by RPL carburettor and injection centre in Leicester and is running spot on - very nippy.
New fuse box

Bodywork
De Bumbered front and Back by Mini Madness in Leicester.
De seamed around the head lights and front of the car - not filled but welded.
New A panels which have been de seamed into the wings. The de seaming stops at the wing mirror - Looks the business.
New Doors off a Sportspack Mini, there is no bubbling or rust on the doors and they have the side impact bars for extra protection.
Group 7 Arches
Mk 3 wavy grill with surround
New door handles
New chrome Boot Hinges
New Chrome Sill brightwork
New front and back windscreens and seals
New windshield wipers

Interior
Full Cream Leather Interior - door cards, rear cards etc
Custom Made Padded Black Leather Dashboard with Oil, Volts and Clock gauges.
New Parcel Shelf
Full Original Rover Carpet - not a cheap copy.
New Upper and Lower Dash Rails.
Rear Roll Bar by Safety Devices
New Door Seals
Mountey Steering Wheel

Suspension
G Max adjustable Shocks
Hi Lows
Wheels and Tyres
The wheels are 13 x 7 Superlites in Black
The front 2 tyres are Pirelli's and the Rear's are Yokoham's.
Exhaust
The car used to have a centre exit exhaust, but now has a side exit sportex exhaust with full new LCB Manifold.

I.C.E
Head Unit - Kenwood CD Player
Speakers - Dashboard Polk Speakers, Pioneer 6 x 9's Under rear seat,
Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate.
Wiring - there is all the wiring in place for a sub woofer if this is to your liking. The amp is currently not powering anything, but is ready to.

Problems:
Turn signals don't work (I haven't been able to figure out the problem)

$13,000 OBO. Email me or call/text 502-939-5800.

Thanks,
Dustin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Now for the other kind of gold...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

Nope, all German cars are like that. Feature not bug.
It's too expensive to stamp panels with little aerodynamic golf ball dimples so you do what you gotta do.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

iv46vi posted:

That depends on how long "a while" actually is.

On the other hand I was mostly joking, but this is apparently a thing http://www.armageddononline.org/forums/threads/31359-Armoured-cars?s=dcf5748bb407fb5bbdc6578e1b151957

I like how they have My Little Pony avatars.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Lowclock posted:

It's too expensive to stamp panels with little aerodynamic golf ball dimples so you do what you gotta do.

In all seriousness, is that the result of some sort of environmentally friendly paint or something? It looks horrible.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tai-Pan posted:

In all seriousness, is that the result of some sort of environmentally friendly paint or something? It looks horrible.

My understanding is that it is exactly that. Such a disappointment. I remember when a friend turned in his A4 when the lease was over. This was an '05. It looked pretty decent. Not great, but the paintwork was basically flat. I then walked into the showroom to see a brand new 2011 A8 which looked like these pictures. It was the direct comparison that made this stand out so strongly to me, plus the fact that this was paint on an $80,000 car that looked like poo poo compared to a 5 year old car that sold for well under half that when it was new.

It's really a train wreck, but I don't think most "normal" people notice things like that so it doesn't affect the manufacturers enough to matter.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1989-BMW-M3-W0QQAdIdZ380711295

quote:

DREAM CAR.......... MUST SEE!!!!!
TURBO CHARGED, ROLL CAGE, 340 HP RACING TUNED ENGINE; INCLUDES NEW OIL PAN, NEW BELT TENSIONER, NEW DRIVE BELTS, NEW MOTOR MOUNTS D/S M/6 AND P/S M5.
CUSTOM TRANSMISSION AND MOUNTS.
SHORT THROW SPORT SHIFTER.
RACE TUNED BRAKING SYSTEM.
PERFORMANCE AIRLIFTER SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE THROTTLEBODY.
PERFORMANCE CHIP, NEW WIRING HARNESS AND 413 ECU WITH AIRFLOW METER.
PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH DOUBLE EXHAUST PIPES.
GENIE STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS.
HIGH PERFORMANCE CATALYTIC CONVERTER.
SPORT TUNED HEAVY DUTY RACING SUSPENSION SYSTEM.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL GAUGES WITH POD KIT.
$45,00 IN UPGRADES.
ASKING $25,000 OR BEST OFFER, SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.
DO NOT RESPOND BY E-MAIL:
CALL MICHAEL DIRECTLY AT 416-750-8126 OR
416-804-2774 (CELL)/LEAVE A MESSAGE.
MUST BEEN SEEN!!!!
CALL TO VIEW NOW!!!!!
WON'T LAST!!!!

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

Take off the spoiler and get a stock hood and that car might actually be worth while. You'd really want to look into how well that swap was done though. Oh, and you may want to redo the interior to get rid of the stupid yellow.

e30s, the M3's particularly are so drat boxy and sexy to me, because they try to have little curves and it's cute.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Wait, so someone took a S14, with its ITBs and generally high state of tune, and replaced it with a pedestrian engine the US M3 got? How stupid.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
That's not an M3. It's a regular E30 with wide fender body kit. The rear trunk is not an E30 M3 trunk.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

DJ Commie posted:

Wait, so someone took a S14, with its ITBs and generally high state of tune, and replaced it with a pedestrian engine the US M3 got? How stupid.

S5x is actually a pretty common e30 M3 swap as it is reliable as hell, more powerful, and cheaper to maintain. I think S5x swaps should be left to standard e30s, but people can do what they want.

That car though, has an M5x unless for some reason they installed the M5x engine covers on the motor.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

Crustashio posted:

S5x is actually a pretty common e30 M3 swap as it is reliable as hell, more powerful, and cheaper to maintain. I think S5x swaps should be left to standard e30s, but people can do what they want.

That car though, has an M5x unless for some reason they installed the M5x engine covers on the motor.
glad to know that it wasn't a real m3 that got this treatment then. I would then say that this care has a more realistic value of somewhere between 5 and 10k on the high end.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I have to admit this is a new one on me:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have to admit this is a new one on me:

I hope he gets an RCMP officer offering to race him with a crown vic.