Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Running into a weird bug where any time I try to add or buy the Continual Light ritual the builder crashes. I can view the ritual's information fine, it's when I try to add it to my book that the whole thing collapses. I didn't see this in the list of known bugs, but is it a problem with my install or the builder itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Sentack posted:

Question though, is anyone working on converting this homebrew class: http://community.wizards.com/embertiger/blog/2011/04/02/4e_soulknife:__the_psionic_augmentation_striker

into a .part file?

I like the class, and would like to see how it might actually play out but, my .part editing skills are highly lacking.
Actually, someone asked about the Soulknife a while back, and I put together the basic framework for the class back then:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/soulknife.zip

What is NOT included, however, are the powers. Mostly because I'm a lazy bastard.

But anyways, if someone DOES want to put the class together, they could use this as a starting point, and all you'd need to do is implement the powers.

EDIT: Well, you'd also need to implement the feats, Paragon Paths, Epic Destinies, and the hybrid version...

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 20, 2012

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Sentack posted:

In the mean time, great work guys, so far.

Question though, is anyone working on converting this homebrew class: http://community.wizards.com/embertiger/blog/2011/04/02/4e_soulknife:__the_psionic_augmentation_striker
Shadowmeld was working on it. Not sure how far he has went with it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Finally got my hands on the Dungeon Survival Handbook. Wow am I underwhelmed. For the final fourth edition "rules and option book" it contains very little compared to any other 4E book. It wastes several pages talking about how awesome old modules where, and since WotC doesn't sell those PDFs anymore, it is basically a complete waste and page filler. Looks like a student project more than a book where the pupil had to use so many words and just didn't know what to discuss.

There are 7 new themes and 3 new races and a few pages of Dungeon themed powers for different almost random seeming classes (they are all mixed together). That is the first 71 pages. The next 90 pages are the ones that are total filler grade material. Including a bit on Castle Ravenloft. Sure, Castle Ravenloft had a dungeon but it was hardly the typical Dungeon. It was far from it. I would never expect to read about Castle Ravenloft in the Dungeon Survival Guide. I would totally expect to see it in Heroes of Horror instead. Unless you are a kobold junkie I would say stay away from this book. I was expecting a lot more for the final option book.

Yeah, was expecting more player options such as rituals, equipment, magic items etc, and MD options such as terrain features, traps, dungeon building guidelines etc.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Yeah, I thought we were told that this book was going to have lots of DM advice for setting up dungeons with traps and stuff. I guess they meant "We'll tell you about some older modules that we did and you might be able to glean some info from that."

I do like the flavor behind the Svirfneblin though. I wish LFR had more opportunities for roleplaying because this race looks top-notch for RPing. :)

I got bored and coded the Alchemist's Essence item and ritual from Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium. I also coded the Foaming Plaster because it was there and looked quite quick and simple.

EDIT: I also coded up the ammunition form of Alchemist's Essence and it shows up in the Ammunition list in the Shop.

Alchemist's Essence stuff

Also, new Winning Races article is up on D&Di for the Thri-kreen. I have just finished the feats and will be linking the .part file shortly. I can do the powers tomorrow but it will not be until tomorrow after I get off of work. If someone else wants to do them sooner, that's fine by me. :)

Winning Races: Thri-kreen

Thrikreen feats.part

One of the new feats grants blindsight 1. I think I have it coded right but the sheet doesn't show blindsight anywhere, except in the feat description. :: Shrugs ::

EDIT: I am also going to work on reworking the Awakened Potential feat so it works as it is supposed to now (MC Psion, Battlemind or Ardent.) However, the current feat is not in the feats.part file. Anyone know where it is? I think I was the last one to make any changes to it, but I have no idea where it got placed in the reorg.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 22, 2012

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
I've posted a first cut at the backgrounds (and related source) for "Web of the Spider Queen", the current season of D&D Encounters. However, the backgrounds as written are listed along with the older ones for Crystal Cave; I suspect that since the URLs are the same in the source .part, they get clumped together. I dunno what the Crystal Cave URL needs to be changed to. :(

See http://pastebin.com/v3mRqqAf for the code.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
The Svirfneblin racial power Stone Camouflage is currently implemented a little... oddly. It has the level 11 and 21 updates as their own specific tags, which, while different to how other powers have these kind of things implemented, isn't really a problem. The problem is that they include the colon as part of the name, which results in a double colon on the character sheet.

Here's a version of the power changed to put it in line with other scaling powers; either use this, or remove the colons from the tag names; either solution is fine.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/stonecamouflage.zip

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

scpredmage posted:

The Svirfneblin racial power Stone Camouflage is currently implemented a little... oddly. It has the level 11 and 21 updates as their own specific tags, which, while different to how other powers have these kind of things implemented, isn't really a problem. The problem is that they include the colon as part of the name, which results in a double colon on the character sheet.

Here's a version of the power changed to put it in line with other scaling powers; either use this, or remove the colons from the tag names; either solution is fine.

I'll blame it on it being the first time I've ever coded a racial power (or any power, really.) Sorry about that.

I do get better. :-D

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
The following things have been added as updates or new things (thanks to the contributors):

See http://pastebin.com/v3mRqqAf for the code.

Thrikreen feats.part

Alchemist's Essence stuff

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Did you guys get the item rarity updates I sent about a week ago? It was the remainder of the items that were changed back in March that I started on but no one finished.

EDIT: Just noticed I made one tiny mistake in the file I sent. At the very bottom, change Wrestler's Gloves from Uncommon to Common.

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 22, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
New Awakened Potential

OK, can someone download this and take a look at it? Currently, I have the feat showing up as "Psion Awakened Potential", "Battlemind Awakened Potential" and "Ardent Awakened Potential" so the feat shows up in the Multiclass section. When I have it coded with the MC Class behind Awakened Potential, it creates a new section called Awakened Potential in the feats tab and sticks all three down there. I can put a space, double space and triple space after Awakened Potential for each one in turn and they show up in the MC section like they show, but it looks bad.

It would be awesome if there was a way to make it so when you choose the feat, you would get a selection box to pick which class you want to MC into. That's how the online builder is doing it currently....

Anyway, if no one wants to look at it, then this is complete and it works. But I have no idea what .part file the old Awakened Potential feat is located in. I looked in the feats.part but it isn't in there (or Notepad++ couldn't find it with the Find command...)

EDIT: AH HA! It's in the bug-fixes.part file. Starting at line 314 (according to Notepad++.) Can someone remove that from Bug fixes? The Class feature referenced is still needed, so that can stay. Thanks! :)

OK, I'm confused now. I have removed the entry in bug-fixes and ran CLEANUP.bat. The loader recompiles all of the .part files and *does not download anything new.* However, even with the entry from the bug-fixes.part removed, I am still seeing the entry under Multiclass for the original version of Awakened Potential. I cannot find it in any .part files now. Where is it and how do I kill it? :(

Thri-kreen powers and backgrounds from Dragon 411 OK. The powers are working.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 23, 2012

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Did you guys get the item rarity updates I sent about a week ago? It was the remainder of the items that were changed back in March that I started on but no one finished.

EDIT: Just noticed I made one tiny mistake in the file I sent. At the very bottom, change Wrestler's Gloves from Uncommon to Common.

Found it and this has been added

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 23, 2012

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
This has been added:

Thri-kreen powers and backgrounds from Dragon 411

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Undrhil posted:

New Awakened Potential

OK, can someone download this and take a look at it? Currently, I have the feat showing up as "Psion Awakened Potential", "Battlemind Awakened Potential" and "Ardent Awakened Potential" so the feat shows up in the Multiclass section. When I have it coded with the MC Class behind Awakened Potential, it creates a new section called Awakened Potential in the feats tab and sticks all three down there. I can put a space, double space and triple space after Awakened Potential for each one in turn and they show up in the MC section like they show, but it looks bad.

It would be awesome if there was a way to make it so when you choose the feat, you would get a selection box to pick which class you want to MC into. That's how the online builder is doing it currently....

Anyway, if no one wants to look at it, then this is complete and it works. But I have no idea what .part file the old Awakened Potential feat is located in. I looked in the feats.part but it isn't in there (or Notepad++ couldn't find it with the Find command...)

EDIT: AH HA! It's in the bug-fixes.part file. Starting at line 314 (according to Notepad++.) Can someone remove that from Bug fixes? The Class feature referenced is still needed, so that can stay. Thanks! :)

OK, I'm confused now. I have removed the entry in bug-fixes and ran CLEANUP.bat. The loader recompiles all of the .part files and *does not download anything new.* However, even with the entry from the bug-fixes.part removed, I am still seeing the entry under Multiclass for the original version of Awakened Potential. I cannot find it in any .part files now. Where is it and how do I kill it? :(

Thri-kreen powers and backgrounds from Dragon 411 OK. The powers are working.

From what I am seeing is even with the feat removed from the bug-fix file the original feat is still listed because its actually part of the original builder. You can see this by the ID:

code:
  <RulesElement name="Awakened Potential" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_3389" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="9/21/2010 1:43:46 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS </Category>
    <Prereqs> Int 15, trained in Arcana </Prereqs>
    <print-prereqs> Int 15, trained in Arcana </print-prereqs>
    <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Gain Psionic Augmentation and 1 pp (+1 pp at epic tier); regain pps on extended rest </specific>
    <specific name="Special" />
    <specific name="type"> Multiclass </specific>
    <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
    <specific name="Associated Powers" />
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_UNDR_CLASS_FEATURE_1812" type="Class Feature" />
      <statadd name="Power Points" value="+1" />
      <statadd name="Power Points" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
    </rules>
You gain the Psionic Augmentation class feature and 1 power point. You can spend this power point to augment powers, feats, or magic items that are augmentable. Once you spend this power point, you do not regain the power point until you take an extended rest. You also qualify for feats that require the Psionic Augmentation class feature. You gain 1 additional power point at 21st level.
   </RulesElement>
You have to actually kill the code by making the original unselectable something like this:

code:
  <RulesElement name="Awakened Potential" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_3389" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="9/21/2010 1:43:46 PM">
    <Category> Unselectable, ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS </Category>
    <Prereqs> Int 15, trained in Arcana </Prereqs>
    <print-prereqs> Int 15, trained in Arcana </print-prereqs>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Gain Psionic Augmentation and 1 pp (+1 pp at epic tier); regain pps on extended rest </specific>
    <specific name="type"> Multiclass </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_UNDR_CLASS_FEATURE_1812" type="Class Feature" />
      <statadd name="Power Points" value="+1" />
      <statadd name="Power Points" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
    </rules>
You gain the Psionic Augmentation class feature and 1 power point. You can spend this power point to augment powers, feats, or magic items that are augmentable. Once you spend this power point, you do not regain the power point until you take an extended rest. You also qualify for feats that require the Psionic Augmentation class feature. You gain 1 additional power point at 21st level.
   </RulesElement>

I believe that will remove it from the builder completely...then try adding the new code and see what you come up with. if it works then it can be added.

As far as how they show in the builder, that's a builder issue unless you add code such as a class feature where it allows a choice back to the class feature screen. I did this with a homebrew mod, which included training a young drake as a choice from a feat.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Actually, I changed the prereqs to be INT 200; trained in Arcana. This seems to have done the trick. I can only assume that there are no homebrews out there where people have stats above 100. :P

I'll try Unselectable this afternoon when I get home from work.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Minor update to the Mindbite Scorn feat, so that it properly updates the curse dice on the power cards:
code:
<RulesElement name="Mindbite Scorn" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_3227" source="Dark Sun Campaign Setting" revision-date="5/23/2012 5:16:00 PM">
    <Prereqs>Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature, sorcerer-king pact</Prereqs>
    <print-prereqs>Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature, sorcerer-king pact</print-prereqs>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Curse deals 1d6 extra psychic damage </specific>
	Your Warlock's Curse extra damage increases by 1d6, and this additional damage is psychic.
	<rules><statadd name="Warlock's Curse Dice" value="+1" /></rules>
</RulesElement>

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Minor update to the Mindbite Scorn feat, so that it properly updates the curse dice on the power cards:
code:
<RulesElement name="Mindbite Scorn" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_3227" source="Dark Sun Campaign Setting" revision-date="5/23/2012 5:16:00 PM">
    <Prereqs>Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature, sorcerer-king pact</Prereqs>
    <print-prereqs>Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature, sorcerer-king pact</print-prereqs>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Curse deals 1d6 extra psychic damage </specific>
	Your Warlock's Curse extra damage increases by 1d6, and this additional damage is psychic.
	<rules><statadd name="Warlock's Curse Dice" value="+1" /></rules>
</RulesElement>

Since it adds 1d6 and not "another curse die", shouldn't it add 1d6? The main problem I see if that they way you have it coded, if I take the feat to increase my curse damage die to d8s, then this feat will be adding an additional 1d8, which isn't what it should do.

Is this not currect?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I had that thought, but that's actually how it was originally coded in the main dnd40 file; all I did was change the statadd from "Warlock's Curse Die" (which did nothing) to "Warlock's Curse Dice."

EDIT: I tested it out in the online builder, and with the Killing Curse and Mindbite Scorn feats the cards list the curse damage as 1d8 + 1d8 psychic. Based on my interpretation of the Killing Curse feat, too ("The extra damage dice from your Warlock’s Curse class feature increase from d6s to d8s."), were I a DM I would rule it that way.

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 25, 2012

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

Since it adds 1d6 and not "another curse die", shouldn't it add 1d6? The main problem I see if that they way you have it coded, if I take the feat to increase my curse damage die to d8s, then this feat will be adding an additional 1d8, which isn't what it should do.

Is this not currect?
This has actually come up at games I've run.

Killing Curse posted:

Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Warlock’s Curse class feature increase from d6s to d8s.
Killing Curse changes any d6 damage dice done by Warlock's Curse to d8s. Mindbite Scorn adds 1d6 psychic damage to Warlock's Curse. It's a d6, and it's done by Warlock's Curse, therefore it becomes a d8.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
That actually kind of makes sense, I guess. :)

So, who here has gotten into the public playtest of D&D Next?

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Undrhil posted:

That actually kind of makes sense, I guess. :)

So, who here has gotten into the public playtest of D&D Next?

I did, along with watching Mikan in the 5.5e thread DMing it over IRC for something stupid like ten hours.

It's... it's not good :smith:

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Aladar posted:

I did, along with watching Mikan in the 5.5e thread DMing it over IRC for something stupid like ten hours.

It's... it's not good :smith:

5.5e? Also, DMing 4e over the internet takes longer than a normal session would take (or you get less done in the same amount of time) so I'm not really surprised D&D Next would run long over the internet as well, especially what with the rules being so new.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Combat was legitimately quick and snappy -- that 10 hours was really two 5-hour runs of the same delve.

Of course, combat was quick and snappy because the casters trivialized encounters and the party got rolled once the magic ran out.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Undrhil posted:

5.5e? Also, DMing 4e over the internet takes longer than a normal session would take (or you get less done in the same amount of time) so I'm not really surprised D&D Next would run long over the internet as well, especially what with the rules being so new.

This thread; the last several pages of it(post-playtest release) give a reasonable enough idea of what it's like. And yeah, I forgot to mention that it was two different runs, not a single ridiculously long run.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

OK, can someone download this and take a look at it?
I can take a look at it this weekend. I brought this feat up in the thread many pages ago and no one seemed interested then. But one of my players is big into psionics and also tends to multiclass so this might be useful even. He never used the old version of this feat but his bard did take the normal multiclass ardent feat.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
In 09-feats.part at line 20871, the short description for the Death Scorned feat should read:
code:
<specific name="Short Description"> +1 to death saving throws; can withstand 1 + Constitution modifier in failed death saves (max 5) before dying </specific>
Thank you.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior
Ran into this issue today: the level 5 Treasure Hunter theme feature grants the Skill Focus feat, but it doesn't do anything, because you can't choose the skill for it to boost. Should give a selection of Skill Focus feats somehow?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

SabreCat posted:

Ran into this issue today: the level 5 Treasure Hunter theme feature grants the Skill Focus feat, but it doesn't do anything, because you can't choose the skill for it to boost. Should give a selection of Skill Focus feats somehow?
Easy enough; just replace the grant giving the feat with a select giving a feat selection based on category. Of course, the Skill Focus feats don't HAVE a category, so you have to give 'em one first.

Here's a quick fix, although the feat selection ends up at the top of the list, labelled "Level 1", which is kind of confusing. Other than the weird name, it appears to work just fine.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/thunterfix.zip

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

SabreCat posted:

Indeed. drat container feats. :P

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Can't say that I care for "fix" for the Treasure Hunter Skill Focus that was pushed out. Other than having the selection being labelled better (although WAY too long) than what I posted, it just looks... all sorts of weird. I mean, what's the point of having every name start with "select: "? I was under the impression you could have multiple RulesElements with the same name, so long as they had different types and internal-ids (hence a "Wizard" "Class" and "CountsAsClass").

Hell, the version I posted even managed to do this without requiring any new RulesElements (181 less lines in the final document, by my count), meaning less bloat to slow things down in; if we keep adding in extra cruft, it's just going to keep taking longer and longer to update each time.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior
Thanks for the quick response on the fix! The "select:" thing is a little obnoxious, but I'm more concerned with function than form, heh.

Ran into one more issue (we're starting an epic tier game soon and thus tripping over all sorts of stuff): The Shadow Master feat for the Executioner doesn't supply any options to choose from. Should let you grab any daily power from the Assassin class of your level or lower.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

SabreCat posted:

Thanks for the quick response on the fix! The "select:" thing is a little obnoxious, but I'm more concerned with function than form, heh.

Ran into one more issue (we're starting an epic tier game soon and thus tripping over all sorts of stuff): The Shadow Master feat for the Executioner doesn't supply any options to choose from. Should let you grab any daily power from the Assassin class of your level or lower.
Taking a look at Shadow Master, there really isn't any obvious reason it SHOULDN'T work as-is. That being said, I changed the category to use "$$CLASS" instead of the actual class ID (which should be fine, considering the prereqs should keep other classes out), and it appears to actually work now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/smasterfix.zip

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

scpredmage posted:

Can't say that I care for "fix" for the Treasure Hunter Skill Focus that was pushed out.
The fix that was used works correctly and the builder understands it is a level 5 benefit. Did it take more lines? Certainly. However, this both checks for eligibility and correctly assigns it as a level 5 benefit. It is much better than what was suggested. I guess it is impossible to please everyone.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

The fix that was used works correctly and the builder understands it is a level 5 benefit. Did it take more lines? Certainly. However, this both checks for eligibility and correctly assigns it as a level 5 benefit. It is much better than what was suggested. I guess it is impossible to please everyone.
Actually, any time you grant a selection, it requires you meet the prereqs before showing an option, meaning what I posted, did, in fact, require you be eligible for the Skill Focus feat you want, meaning the "eligibility" check is built in. So, really, the only way what was used is "better" is the fact that it's labelled as a level 5 benefit; that's a bit better, but hardly "much".

That said, I thank you for addressing my ACTUAL complaints:
1. The name for the selection in the Class tab is WAY too long, and should be shortened; every other selection is either labelled with the name of the feature that grants it, or the level and name of the class/path/theme that grants it. Having this be labelled with a full English sentence telling you what you need to choose clashes stylistically with the established norm, and is unnecessary to begin with.
2. The "select: " at the beginning of the name of all the selections looks weird, and barring some weird conflict I'm not aware of, should probably be removed.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
First, I'd like to thank all you wonderful folks for your work and effort maintaining this thing, it has been an enormous help managing my games and, honestly, a relief to know that 99% of the time I will not be able to build something against the most recently errata'd rules. It's been a godsend being able to maintain ten or more characters and update them in seconds, then import them into MapTool with little more than a copy+paste. I've lost count of the times that I've discovered players' build errors from trying to translate things into CBLoader (from the online builder even!) that I would never have noticed otherwise.

Anyway, I've been wanting to reformat my hard drive for a while and switch my OS, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the Character Builder. I have a copy of the original unaltered folder as well as one I use for CBLoader. I might also have the original executable, but I'm afraid it might just be a dowloader for the actual downloader, as it were. I also have a current Insider account, if that matters.

Is there any way I can be sure I can use the offline character builder without :filez:?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

DarkHorse posted:

Is there any way I can be sure I can use the offline character builder without :filez:?
Yes.

You have two options. The first is to save the registry keys related to the LCB, and reimport them into the registry after you reinstall. I don't know where the keys are located, so I can't really help you with that.

The second, and easier, option is to use CBLoader to export the the data into a key file. For example, from the CBLoader folder, just run "cbloader.exe -r cbloader.keyfile" to generate the file (named cbloader.keyfile, oddly enough).

CBLoader should automatically check for this file in "%appdata%\CBLoader" when it doesn't find the data in the registry. If this doesn't work, you may wish to look at editting your config files, or changing the shortcuts you use to add in the appropriate command line options.

http://cbloadercontentwiki.wikispaces.com/Command-line+Reference
http://cbloadercontentwiki.wikispaces.com/Config+Files

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Thanks for the response, and it's great to see you have this issue covered. I'm still a little afraid of messing up my builder, though, so is it possible to find a step-by-step guide to moving it to a new computer? :ohdear:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Semi-related, I recently lost everything in a hard drive crash. I don't have the CB installation files backed up anywhere, am I screwed for getting all my CBLoader stuff reinstalled?

Scratch that, found them on an SD card I'd forgotten about.

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 3, 2012

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

scpredmage posted:

1. The name for the selection in the Class tab is WAY too long, and should be shortened; every other selection is either labelled with the name of the feature that grants it, or the level and name of the class/path/theme that grants it. Having this be labelled with a full English sentence telling you what you need to choose clashes stylistically with the established norm, and is unnecessary to begin with.
2. The "select: " at the beginning of the name of all the selections looks weird, and barring some weird conflict I'm not aware of, should probably be removed.
I was actually going to make the description of the feature longer when you first complained to make it like other theme options (check out moteborn for example). Intead it is going to remain as it is for now. There is no need to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I was actually going to make the description of the feature longer when you first complained to make it like other theme options (check out moteborn for example). Intead it is going to remain as it is for now. There is no need to change it.

Hey guys, no need to get upset or what have you over an elf game.

Have a look at the latest version - does this accomplish what everyone wants? Or at the very least provide someone else (me) to be upset at?

The treasure hunter and Moteborn were changed. I made them line up with the established container feats like arcane admixture, which provide concise headings. They are very short and to the point.

Does the moteborn and treasure hunter have to have renamed choices to prevent overwriting? In my testing it seems that the skill focus (treasure hunter) interacts properly with the Skill Focus feat, even if they have the same name "Skill Focus (Acrobatics)". If you select one, you can't select the other, as it should be.

Let me know if you like the changes.

• Locked thread