Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why isn't Landon on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
yeah i'm pretty non plussed about that selection. I'll wait and see.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

He'll have to be one of the "13 additions".

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Klinsi posted:

These guys that are coming have finished their season in the last two weeks or so. Most of them finished around the 5th or 6th of May, and those come in today. A few days later it’s mostly the UK guys because they finished a week later. What we tried to do with staggering the players coming in, we kind of follow their flow coming in from their clubs. We tried to have them stay in shape and stay in a rhythm as much as possible so that this break between finishing their club season is not too long and we can keep their fitness level up coming into our camp.

Hope this clears up some of the weirdness of the callups.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
...except for Timmy Chandler; a few folks think he really is holding out for a callup from Germany.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The SARS Volta posted:

...except for Timmy Chandler; a few folks think he really is holding out for a callup from Germany.

If he really thinks he is going to factor in the Germany squad at all, he is stupid.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Dude, have you seen his head? No way he's not some sort of uberintelligent mutant

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

The SARS Volta posted:

Are none of his caps considered senior appearances?

edit: I forgot he skipped out on the Gold Cup.

msj817 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 15, 2012

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Sure, injure one of our young stars, then be too shy to play for us.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
As far as I know, they have all been friendlies.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tijuana had a good season for just being promoted, so maybe Castillo had something to do with that? I dunno.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

The SARS Volta posted:

That would be so silly at this point as Low has already named a prelim 27 for the Euro's and he's not one of the 27. He'll never be part of GMNT

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

Hoover Dam posted:

...this better be Herc

Ya Lichaj needs a call up. Chandler again thinking he is good enough for ze Germans.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The Collector posted:

yeah i'm pretty non plussed about that selection. I'll wait and see.

What's confusing about it?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

What's confusing about it?

Couple guys we expect (like Donovan) not on it, though signs point to LD being in second wave of callups. Herc and Sacha way, way overdue for calls based on their pro seasons. "Core of the team" represented by uncapped Alfredo Morales. One forward listed, and he's not strictly a forward, just a midfielder who does whatever the gently caress he wants because, well, he's our best field player.

Lone MLS callups are from the team that has a bye week this week; presumably MLSers will fill in after this weekend's games. Herc, I wonder if he's the same story, since Santos are in the clausura final.

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
I'd like to see Lichaj.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
Zak Whitbread will never ever get a cap

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Consistently staying healthy would be a good start for him

E: A club to play for would, too. Norwich cut him today.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 17, 2012

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Hoover Dam posted:

Couple guys we expect (like Donovan) not on it, though signs point to LD being in second wave of callups. Herc and Sacha way, way overdue for calls based on their pro seasons. "Core of the team" represented by uncapped Alfredo Morales. One forward listed, and he's not strictly a forward, just a midfielder who does whatever the gently caress he wants because, well, he's our best field player.

Lone MLS callups are from the team that has a bye week this week; presumably MLSers will fill in after this weekend's games. Herc, I wonder if he's the same story, since Santos are in the clausura final.

But this is all apparent and not at all confusing! I was just spergin on the previous poster for saying 'nonplussed' when i'm pretty sure he meant 'apathetic', but i am a dick, many apologies!

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK

quote:

WOMEN’S PROFESSIONAL SOCCER SUSPENDS OPERATIONS PERMANENTLY

SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 18, 2012) –The WPS Board of Governors agreed today to suspend all League operations permanently and dissolve the League.
“We sincerely regret having to take this course of action,” said T. Fitz Johnson, Atlanta Beat Owner and Chairman of the Board.
The suspension of League operations will be effective immediately as the Board of Governors begins the process of dissolving the League.
“We are proud of what WPS has accomplished, having attracted the highest quality players in the world to play in the best women’s league, as well as the progress women’s soccer has enjoyed over the past three years,” said Thomas Hofstetter, Chief Executive Officer and President of Sky Blue Women’s Soccer, Inc. “We are extremely grateful to our sponsors, the talented players and dedicated fans that made this league so special. They, along with our teams, have invested an incredible amount of resources for the benefit of the women who played in WPS and the young players who aspire to play professionally someday.”

From the WPS Facebook page. Not that anyone didn't see it coming, but god loving damnit.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Haydez posted:

From the WPS Facebook page. Not that anyone didn't see it coming, but god loving damnit.

Is there any coincidence that they post this at the same time they announce they've settled with Dan Borislow?

(no)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Haydez posted:

RIP WPS you will not be missed

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I believe WPSL is about to basically step into the slot.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Why isnt Whitbread getting a call? He seems to be quite solid when i have caught a Norwich game.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Why isnt Whitbread getting a call? He seems to be quite solid when i have caught a Norwich game.

They just released him as well.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Our resident Norwich supporter thinks he's been bad, for what it's worth.

Come home Zak, we need another CB (we can't afford him)

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Isn't he hurt

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The SARS Volta posted:

Isn't he hurt

Hurt that he was found out at the Premier League level maybe. He's really not very good.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
If opinion is to be believed, Tim Ream was a better PL defender than Whitbread.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just kidding then. I havent watched Norwich in months

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Eleven more called into camp

ROSTER ADDITIONS BY POSITION
DEFENDERS (4): Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)
MIDFIELDERS (1): Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (6): Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Onyewu is awful

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Notable omissions: DMB, Ream, Feilhaber, Lichaj, Shea, Kljestan

please respond posted:

Onyewu is awful

It's not as though we're deep at center back

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 20, 2012

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

The SARS Volta posted:

Notable omissions: DMB, Ream, Feilhaber, Lichaj, Shea, Kljestan

It's not as though we're deep at center back

Brek Shea is injured, I imagine that's the only reason.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

SoccerAmerica Blog posted:

“We have watched Brek during the last few months," said Klinsmann, "and given his performances and some of the other issues we felt he should be on the standby list. He’s still a young player with a lot of talent, and also a lot to learn.”

Looks like him getting suspended may not have been something Klinsmann wanted to deal with?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Nybble posted:

Looks like him getting suspended may not have been something Klinsmann wanted to deal with?

That and he's been on and off with turf toe. "Suspended from day job and kind of hurt" isn't too bad a reason to sit him out for this round.

I choose to believe Kljestan is out because he is getting married this summer, like how Guzan skipped the Gold Cup last summer.

Feilhaber's not been as good as he should be for New England so far this season, so I'm not totally surprised he's not in it this round. Ream and Lichaj are apparently being told to sleep off long seasons. Beas I wouldn't mind seeing but he's a known quantity; it's not like he's an MLS baby waiting for a breakout game.

Hey, remember Charlie Davies? Man, what was that about?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Zusi is getting a callup

:ohdear:

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011
Just heard about Timmy Chandler. Pretty disappointed if he does decide to bail on us.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Just taking a stab at the starting 11 for Antigua. Don't put too much thought into the formation; I doubt it'll be a traditional 4-4-2 but it won't have too much affect into who's on the pitch:

code:
            Howard
 Dolo    Goodson  Onyewu  Boca
Donovan  Bradley   MFX   Dempsey
        Jozy   FWX
Pretty :raise: how close our likely starting 11 could be to two years ago.

As for the midfield, I'd suspect one of our Army Brats but won't venture a guess as to whom.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Jones in your vacant midfield spot, with Donovan and Williams on the wings and Dempsey playing in the hole would be my guess.

• Locked thread