Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
So what's the issue with quick reply? I've just switched over from Firefox to me and having to use standard reply is a big of a bother. :(

e. Ah, it comes disabled by default. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

So what's the issue with quick reply? I've just switched over from Firefox to me and having to use standard reply is a big of a bother. :(

e. Ah, it comes disabled by default. :downs:

Disabled by default and it also has to fetch a key the first time you use it, so it doesn't work right away. But yeah, pretty much quick reply is the reason I wrote the extension in the first place ;)

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
Using the quick reply in marked threads results in deleting the bookmark.
I've selected "Bookmark threads when using quick reply" and so they don't disappear anymore from my bookmarked thread list but I basically use quick reply every time so I get marked threads that I don't want to follow.

Is there a fix for this issue?

(Awesome extension, btw)

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ruttivendolo posted:

Using the quick reply in marked threads results in deleting the bookmark.
I've selected "Bookmark threads when using quick reply" and so they don't disappear anymore from my bookmarked thread list but I basically use quick reply every time so I get marked threads that I don't want to follow.

Is there a fix for this issue?

(Awesome extension, btw)

Eh sort of. Check off "Automatically bookmark threads" in the Quick Reply options. Unfortunately that will also auto-subscribe to new threads that you might not want to bookmark.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm having trouble getting the thread highlighting to work. I tried messing with the extension settings and the forum settings and nothing seems to work. I just get the default forum colors, even if it is disabled.

EDIT: Whoops, found out what's wrong. Any plans to extend the colors functionality to the bookmarks list? How about the option to remove color gradients?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The jump list icon is completely gone from my Mac despite it being set to appear in the SALR settings. Running Chrome beta channel, version 19, OSX 10.7.3.

It's there on my work PC's Chrome 18 stable channel install.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

They changed the way the Page Actions that made the jump list work for Chrome 19 and it broke. I sent Ferg a thing that will fix it. Please do not email tech support about this issue.

In the meantime you can use the Something Awful Last Read Browser Button extension to replace the loss of functionality.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
I know this is sort of off-topic, but I'll give it a shot:

Is there a compiled version of the Safari version of SALR which is compatible with Safari 5? I know there's a version on Ferg's git, but it hasn't been updated in two years.

Anyone know?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Panic! At The cisco posted:

They changed the way the Page Actions that made the jump list work for Chrome 19 and it broke. I sent Ferg a thing that will fix it. Please do not email tech support about this issue.

In the meantime you can use the Something Awful Last Read Browser Button extension to replace the loss of functionality.

I gotta get some updated screenshots/artwork so I can roll this out. Thanks for the fix!

Experto Crede posted:

I know this is sort of off-topic, but I'll give it a shot:

Is there a compiled version of the Safari version of SALR which is compatible with Safari 5? I know there's a version on Ferg's git, but it hasn't been updated in two years.

Anyone know?

That extension got next to no traction. There was a thread for it but it got maybe 3 replies. If you want to get it up and running you should be able to merge it with the Chrome repo to merge all the upstream changes, or at least that will get you on the right track. I organized everything so both could be easily kept in sync.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
In the last few days I'm getting weird behaviour with YouTube videos. When a page loads with an embedded video, sometimes it appears at the top of the page as well as where it's supposed to be. It follows you down when you scroll which makes the thread impossible to read. It only happens with SALR turned on. I tried turning off 'Convert Youtube links to inline player', but that doesn't work if the poster actually did embed the video. Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m, Windows 7.

Example from this page in the bird thread:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Duckbill posted:

In the last few days I'm getting weird behaviour with YouTube videos. When a page loads with an embedded video, sometimes it appears at the top of the page as well as where it's supposed to be. It follows you down when you scroll which makes the thread impossible to read. It only happens with SALR turned on. I tried turning off 'Convert Youtube links to inline player', but that doesn't work if the poster actually did embed the video. Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m, Windows 7.

I have this problem too, and another one, some threads have a really big "white" area where the page should end. Like you can scroll past the bottom of the thread for page after page of just whitespace.

Edit: I just caught a great screenshot that shows the whitespace and the broken timg:

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 3, 2012

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

On the topic of embedded videos. I recently noticed that the Quick Reply box shows up underneath them. It's not a huge problem considering you can scroll around to find a place on the page that works, but it's still kind of annoying.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think the forums recently updated with some new CSS so some breakage might be in the works. Added fuel to my fire to get those updated art assets for the Web Store and get this updated. Will look into it.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
There were some recent changes to the forums, and now embedded videos are inside of an iframe.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, I guess that "resolves" the 'default to 720p when the hd option is set' thing then, since now the forums don't do it either.

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."
Looks like the update to the forums (or maybe my chrome?) has also broken the extension timg support. I'll have to see if that can be fixed.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

nuvan posted:

Looks like the update to the forums (or maybe my chrome?) has also broken the extension timg support. I'll have to see if that can be fixed.

Weird. Mine has changed in that I can no longer click anywhere on the image to expand it, only on the blue overlay that displays the size. It appears that your blue overlay is showing a size of zero though so I imagine clicking on it does nothing?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Weird. Mine has changed in that I can no longer click anywhere on the image to expand it, only on the blue overlay that displays the size. It appears that your blue overlay is showing a size of zero though so I imagine clicking on it does nothing?

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yes that is the intended behavior.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

anthonypants posted:

Yes, I'm aware that mine is working right after the change. My post was about how his timg is showing [0x0] and thus probably not expandable.

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."
actually, I'm not sure that's mine. I disabled the fix here for the time being, and it's still been showing that for me. I'll keep looking into it as time permits.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Duckbill posted:

Just wanted to report that I'm experiencing this as well, and it happens every time for a thread with an embedded video unless I disable SALR. Makes me wish there was a "temporarily disable SALR" menu item or somesuch so I didn't have to go gently caress with chrome settings for this every time.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I just wanted to say thanks for making this, the user notes option is awesome. Now when someone changes their avatar I'll be able to remember who they are!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zen Punk posted:

Just wanted to report that I'm experiencing this as well, and it happens every time for a thread with an embedded video unless I disable SALR. Makes me wish there was a "temporarily disable SALR" menu item or somesuch so I didn't have to go gently caress with chrome settings for this every time.

Thanks to potential rioting in downtown Chicago I'm working from home today, have an insanely loose schedule, and will get this out first thing this morning.

Edit: Updates pushed, some of the above mentioned issues I wasn't able to reproduce so for you guys experiencing problems let me know your settings for images and for Youtube videos.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 18, 2012

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm using this for chrome, but I can't seem to get the quick reply box...I assume I'm doing something wrong but what is it?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Elendil004 posted:

I'm using this for chrome, but I can't seem to get the quick reply box...I assume I'm doing something wrong but what is it?

Go to "Configure SALR" at the top of the forums and check "Use Quick Reply box".

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Speaking of the quick reply box, I'm pretty sure most of the new SA features don't work in it. Is there a chance that they will in the future or is that too much work?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, I was wondering if any of the new features will make their way to SALR in some form or another, or if they'll change SALR in the near future.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I know some new forums features may not be implemented into SALR, but is SALR broken in any way after the update?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Speaking of the quick reply box, I'm pretty sure most of the new SA features don't work in it. Is there a chance that they will in the future or is that too much work?

Is there a change log of features? Anything is doable. Sounds like drafts are part of the new features.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

Ferg posted:

Is there a change log of features? Anything is doable. Sounds like drafts are part of the new features.

Everything 2.1 and up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/CHANGES

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Ferg posted:

Edit: Updates pushed, some of the above mentioned issues I wasn't able to reproduce so for you guys experiencing problems let me know your settings for images and for Youtube videos.

Convert YouTube links to inline player: on
Convert links to inline images: on
Don't convert if NWS: on
Don't convert if spoiler: on
Don't convert if read: off
Replace images with links: off
Convert images in read posts only: off
Restrict size of images: on
Force timg fix: off
Force thumbnailing: off

I might have found something. If I turn off 'Automatically collapse long quotes', it stops doing it. I think the problem is that it's trying to place an inline video player in a quote that's just been collapsed.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Duckbill posted:

I might have found something. If I turn off 'Automatically collapse long quotes', it stops doing it. I think the problem is that it's trying to place an inline video player in a quote that's just been collapsed.

Makes sense. I'll have to revisit everything quote related soon anyways after the most recent forums changes.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Is that stupid floating UP button in the bottom left corner an SALR thing or is it built into the forums?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is that stupid floating UP button in the bottom left corner an SALR thing or is it built into the forums?

Forums.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Small niggle; since the forums revamp (not sure if it's just a coincidence though) the Esc key no longer dismisses the quick reply window like it did before.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Small niggle; since the forums revamp (not sure if it's just a coincidence though) the Esc key no longer dismisses the quick reply window like it did before.

It is for me, but I thought I remembered seeing something in the forums changelog about that, though it isn't now. Anybody know if it's a forums option that might be turned on?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I've lost the "Open all unread messages" link recently. It's definitely checked, I've also tried toggling it with no success. Most likely more issues with the new forums version.

EDIT: Oh there it is...weird.

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 26, 2012

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

sharktamer posted:

I've lost the "Open all unread messages" link recently. It's definitely checked, I've also tried toggling it with no success. Most likely more issues with the new forums version.

Mine broke too after the forums update.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Does anyone know how to disable it? I have a home key on my laptop. Or at least play nice with the navigation bar at the bottom- it overlays the actually useful go to last read post arrow.

And if anyone can link me to the salr firefox thread I'd appreciate it as well ta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iohannes
Aug 17, 2004

FREEEEEEEEEDOM
Love this extension. It's made how I use the forums much better. I've looked through this thread, but I don't see this mentioned. The quick reply box is broken in Ubuntu/Gnome. The reply buttons are hidden off screen and the down arrow and X button are detached from the box.

Otherwise the extension is awesome.

• Locked thread