Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Molothecat posted:

Anyone's else's download taking a ludicrous amount of time? 3+ hours?

It was a poo poo day at work I neeeeeeeed this Rifftrax tonight!

I downloaded Mutant earlier today and it went as quick as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That was one of the most generic zombie films I've ever seen. Also I got a real strong Arch Hall Jr. vibe from "Wings" Hauser.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That was one of the most generic zombie films I've ever seen. Also I got a real strong Arch Hall Jr. vibe from "Wings" Hauser.

If you want classic Wings Hauser, you should check out Vice Squad. He plays a sadistic pimp named "Ramrod". He also sings the movie's theme song, "Neon Slime".

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Kingdom posted:

If you want classic Wings Hauser, you should check out Vice Squad. He plays a sadistic pimp named "Ramrod". He also sings the movie's theme song, "Neon Slime".

Every name and title in this post rules

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

The Ape of Naples posted:

I downloaded Mutant earlier today and it went as quick as usual.

Mine's still messed up. It took 4 hours to d/l (way longer than usual) and then the file I downloaded didn't work, instead just crashing VLC and WMP over and over again.

I wrote their support email.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Molothecat posted:

Mine's still messed up. It took 4 hours to d/l (way longer than usual) and then the file I downloaded didn't work, instead just crashing VLC and WMP over and over again.

I wrote their support email.

Bogus.
I should have mentioned that I downloaded the iPad version. 1.65GB.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My wife got me a $20 Rifftrax gift certificate for our anniversary. :dance:

I'm thinking of going with one of the video on demand movies and a bunch of shorts. Aside from Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, what's the one full length VOD that's an absolute must to see if I get only one?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Quiet Feet posted:

My wife got me a $20 Rifftrax gift certificate for our anniversary. :dance:

I'm thinking of going with one of the video on demand movies and a bunch of shorts. Aside from Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, what's the one full length VOD that's an absolute must to see if I get only one?

I'm gonna go with Ghosthouse.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I would suggest Laser Mission or The Sons of Hercules.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Ghosthouse or Buffalo Rider are my go to VOD's when there's nothing on.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I'm going to amend my answer to include the VOD option of Jack the Giant Killer.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Buffalo Rider made me laugh so hard I had to pause it. I don't think any other Rifftrax has done that.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

StarkRavingMad posted:

Buffalo Rider made me laugh so hard I had to pause it. I don't think any other Rifftrax has done that.
It really is the best. And I say this as a fan of raccoon mistreatment.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Same here. Seriously, if you haven't watched Buffalo Rider yet, go do it now. You won't regret it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NuclearPotato posted:

Buffalo Rider

RagingBoner posted:

raccoon mistreatment.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Buffalo Rider

Probably Infected posted:

Buffalo Rider

What the poo poo did I just watch? It looks like somebody cobbled together a movie out of old wild west costumes and scenes cut from nature films.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quiet Feet posted:

What the poo poo did I just watch? It looks like somebody cobbled together a movie out of old wild west costumes and scenes cut from nature films.

Awesome, right?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Just watched Buffalo Rider too. What the gently caress was that :psyduck:.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Popelmon posted:

Just watched Buffalo Rider too. What the gently caress was that :psyduck:.

I know, right? It was like an episode of Wild America on acid.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, you guys have convinced me to watch it later.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Was it the scene where the cougar jumps out of nowhere? Because that absolutely killed me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

weekly font posted:

Was it the scene where the cougar jumps out of nowhere? Because that absolutely killed me.

I think I could've enjoyed Buffalo Rider more if it was nothing but that. Just Buffalo Jones getting into "mischief" every fifteen minutes or so.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I liked when Bandit had the adventure of a lifetime. Cougar AND a flashflood? What a rascal!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Barely into Buffalo Rider now and I think I've already said :wtc: 5 or 6 times already.

Can I offer you some buffalo tongues?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I finally got around to watching Frankenstein Island and its decent. It's no Ghosthouse or Buffalo Rider, but a welcome addition to the VODs.

best riffs were: "They've found the Island's sphincter" and "is Frankenstein Vogue-ing?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In other news, Rifftrax makes Captain America actually worth watching as anything other than "Here's something to kill time until the Avengers comes out".

e: literally cannot believe the fakeness of the "scrawny Steve Rogers"

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

precision posted:

In other news, Rifftrax makes Captain America actually worth watching as anything other than "Here's something to kill time until the Avengers comes out".

Really? When I saw it in the cinema I remember thinking that it was rather well done actually. It wasn't seamless by a long shot, but it fooled several people who didn't immediately recognize Chris Evans. I dunno.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Piper posted:

I finally got around to watching Frankenstein Island and its decent. It's no Ghosthouse or Buffalo Rider, but a welcome addition to the VODs.

best riffs were: "They've found the Island's sphincter" and "is Frankenstein Vogue-ing?"

I think Frankenstein Island gets so much better after about half way, once they actually create the Frankenstein monster it gets hilarious. Still haven't seen Buffalo Rider yet, though. I should get on that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Really? When I saw it in the cinema I remember thinking that it was rather well done actually. It wasn't seamless by a long shot, but it fooled several people who didn't immediately recognize Chris Evans. I dunno.

His head is so biiiiiiiig though.

It's "jarring".

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

precision posted:

His head is so biiiiiiiig though.

It's "jarring".

Yeah, it is. I just went, he's a very scrawny and sickly kid. Some kids who have some sort of developmental issues during their childhood do end up looking slightly 'deformed', if you will. 'Off'.

CGI-head-on-body isn't a common symptom though.

But you're totally right.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

weekly font posted:

It was during Bandit's "adventure" where the cougar tries to to drown Bandit in the river but then the water is too deep and the cougar has to let him go because they are both floundering. Bill cheerfully busts out a line like "Nature: God's hideous clown show!" and I was just dying. The whole sequence is just so surreal and out of place and has nothing to do with the movie to begin with, and then that line just annihilated me.

precision posted:

The sound of Captain America throwing up on the cyclone is my phone's ringtone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax live Manos show has a date, August 16th at 8 Eastern 7 Central and tape delayed to 7 Mountain 8 Pacific.

Maybe I'm reading the email wrong but it seems that this event is not going to be available as a DVD later. They specifically state that: "This one night event will be your only chance to see the guys fire their wisecracking commentary at "Manos" The Hands of Fate on the big screen." (Bolding theirs)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

muscles like this? posted:

"This one night event will be your only chance to see the guys fire their wisecracking commentary at "Manos" The Hands of Fate on the big screen."

Bolding mine :v:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

muscles like this? posted:

Rifftrax live Manos show has a date, August 16th at 8 Eastern 7 Central and tape delayed to 7 Mountain 8 Pacific.

Maybe I'm reading the email wrong but it seems that this event is not going to be available as a DVD later. They specifically state that: "This one night event will be your only chance to see the guys fire their wisecracking commentary at "Manos" The Hands of Fate on the big screen." (Bolding theirs)

"on the big screen"

It will probably be like Jack and the Giant Killer and become available on DVD in a year or so.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Universe Master posted:

"on the big screen"

It will probably be like Jack and the Giant Killer and become available on DVD in a year or so.

Unfair to Canadians! :canada:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

StarkRavingMad posted:

It was during Bandit's "adventure" where the cougar tries to to drown Bandit in the river but then the water is too deep and the cougar has to let him go because they are both floundering. Bill cheerfully busts out a line like "Nature: God's hideous clown show!" and I was just dying. The whole sequence is just so surreal and out of place and has nothing to do with the movie to begin with, and then that line just annihilated me.

There's a point in there when you can hear one of them, I can't remember who, just says "Jesus Christ." under his breath. At that point, I totally broke. That sequence alone is worth the price for Buffalo Rider.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Just watched the rifftrax preview

"For warmth, people huddled around witches' tits"

Watching this movie now, seems like a lot of directors in that era went for the "Blood Waters of Dr. Z" technique of stitching a movie together out of primarily stock footage.

The voice of the narrator sounds like a modern comedy imitation of an crusty old west voice over.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 19, 2012

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
There's not nearly enough love for Mutant in this thread. In fact, I'd say its on par with Buffalo Rider as the funniest VOD they've ever done.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
New VOD tomorrow!

When a local TV host gets into a car accident with an electrician, she didn’t count on one thing: that he would be the two time state champion who had also defended the interstate trophy in the ancient art of Kendo Swords. Because honestly, why would you count on that? It’s patently absurd, clearly some sort of horrible plot contrivance. What the hell is a kendo sword anyways? Certainly nothing a grown man should be messing around with.

The point is, those two end up as Prisoners in the Lost Universe, which looks a heck of a lot like Earth except that there is a kind of tree that grows dinner plates, and another kind that grows pods of orange berries. Just try to wrap your little head around that, and also how a film this derivative and cheap looking came out the same year as Return of the Jedi. One thing it did have in common with that film, however, is the presence of horrible little sidekicks. Return of the Jedi had the Ewoks, and Prisoners has Malachi, who makes the Ewoks look like Martini sipping, bon mot spewing embodiments of class and dignity. Malachi...drat, now we’re thinking about Malachi again. He’s...He’s just the worst. Ugh.

He’s also joined on the quest by the Green Man, who’s called that because he’s the same shade of blue as a Na’vi, a giant killer baby in a diaper, and a talking vulture. Grab your finest kendo sword and get ready to defend the interstate trophy with Prisoners of the Lost Universe!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

VODs own and I will buy them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Oh, by they way, yes, that is Richard Hatch in the movie.

• Locked thread