Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JawnV6 posted:

oh how we'll laugh when it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nevergirls posted:

is there a list of wikipedia badges somewhere
edit: what are those badges called so i can :google:

Barnstars

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

Barnstars

this should be strwrsxprt's one

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Trig Discipline posted:

just because your father was a traveling salesman doesn't mean you're all that complicated

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Asperger%27s_pancakes.jpg

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

all of goons.jpg should be uploaded to wikipedia eventually

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

"wikipedia posted:

No pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file. (Pages on other projects are not counted.)

Come on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Micropenis#Blacks_Can.27t_get_Micropenis.3F

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Assuming a somewhat generous stride length of 3 feet, and based on the approximation of 3.5 miles (5.5 km) per hour as the definition of a league, a walker makes roughly 6,160 steps per hour. In seven league boots, this results in a speed of 150,920 mph (242,882 kph). This is equivalent to about 67,500 m/s and allows the wearer to circle the Earth in about 10 minutes (barring geography). It is also about 6,500 times as fast as the world record for the 100m sprint (23mph, I believe). If our walker were to sprint at world record pace, 23mph / 3.5 mph = a factor of about 6.5 times as fast, or just shy of 1 million mph for a short duration. Hope the boots shield the wearer from air resistance.

Though the boots are meant to be more figurative than literal in name, if anyone wants to vet my calculation and include it in the article, please feel free. Others might be as curious as I was

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Rather than attempt to change the actual size of the penis, one may make it appear bigger, by trimming the pubic hair or by losing weight.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Pumping must be done very carefully to avoid serious injury: over-enthusiastic pumping can burst blood vessels and form blisters. In some cases the testicles can be unexpectedly pulled into the cylinder, causing discomfort, pain, and possibly injury.[citation needed] It is also believed that the rim of the cylinder can cut into the skin and over time cause damage to the ligaments surrounding the penis. Impatiently pumping without reading explanatory material can produce too much suction (any pressure lower than 10 torr/1,333 Pa)[citation needed] and cause permanent and irreparable injury. Attempts at using vacuum cleaner units for this purpose have resulted in extremely severe injuries because the suction is far too powerful.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
it's really gross + annoying how many weird "medical" devices they advertise on tv as being covered by medicare

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

Rather than attempt to change the actual size of the penis, one may make it appear bigger, by trimming the pubic hair or by losing weight.

or by wearing condoms with vertical stripes

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

The film is based around the premise that free energy suppression is real. The main character gets told that his discovery is too disruptive: energy would suddenly be extremely cheap, oil would no longer be necessary, all oil companies would go bankrupt, and the sudden economical changes would throw society into chaos. Unfortunately, this is only explained in the last minutes of the film, and it is unlikely that his discovery would have such an effect in economy. Most of the film revolves around action scenes in the style of 1990s blockbusters, and the topic of conspiracy theories is not adequately explored.[2]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
oh look wikipedia finally upgraded to timeline

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

just a butt posted:

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

just a butt posted:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

just a butt posted:

lol

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1904_Summer_Olympics#Marathon

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

olympic tug of war

imagine if the gold medalist was someone's great grandpa and they had to live with that legacy

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Sniep posted:

olympic tug of war

imagine if the gold medalist was someone's great grandpa and they had to live with that legacy

lol yeah the early olympics were great they threw in any old poo poo as an event

http://www.cracked.com/article_19176_5-ridiculous-sports-you-wont-believe-were-olympic-events.html

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Blacks Can't get Micropenis?

literally Wacky Races irl. holy gently caress

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

A Cuban postman named Felix Carbajal joined the marathon, arriving at the last minute. He had to run in street clothes that he cut around the legs to make them look like shorts. He stopped off in an orchard en route to have a snack on some apples, which turned out to be rotten. The rotten apples caused him to have to lie down and take a nap. Despite falling ill to apples he finished in fourth place.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I do wish that modern marathons had naps, poisoning from trainers and random pieces of fruit, and an absolute lack of giving a poo poo from seemingly everyone involved.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Char posted:

lol yeah the early olympics were great they threw in any old poo poo as an event

nice gold medal there what was it in?

"oh my great grandpa tugged his rope"

"why are you laughing? there was other guys tugging on his rope against him"

"stop laughing guys!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

LP97S posted:

I do wish that modern marathons had naps, poisoning from trainers and random pieces of fruit, and an absolute lack of giving a poo poo from seemingly everyone involved.

apparently the guy who won was being fed brandy mixed with horse tranquilizers from his trainers following him in the car

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

haljordan posted:

apparently the guy who won was being fed brandy mixed with horse tranquilizers from his trainers following him in the car

i wonder if they were trying to make him lose, or if it was part of the "toughen him up" training strategy that used to be popular?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it was part of a "we don't care if he keels over and never gets up again so long as he does it past the finish line" training strategy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Len Tau could have done better if he had not been chased nearly a mile off course by aggressive dogs.

lolin

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

new olympic sport: gettin chased by aggressive dogs

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lists_of_lists

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

List of African Americans

poo poo, time to get my wiki on, my wife works with a guy that's not on the list

x!te bike
May 2, 2008

haljordan posted:

A Cuban postman named Felix Carbajal joined the marathon, arriving at the last minute. He had to run in street clothes that he cut around the legs to make them look like shorts. He stopped off in an orchard en route to have a snack on some apples, which turned out to be rotten. The rotten apples caused him to have to lie down and take a nap. Despite falling ill to apples he finished in fourth place.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

man the olympics used to be awesome

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

CYBER SLIMER posted:

man the olympics used to be awesome

man, it's going to be awesome when the sams that london's installing onto rooftops go haywire and fire at passing aircraft, balloons, birds,

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Deuterieux posted:

man, it's going to be awesome when the sams that london's installing onto rooftops go haywire and fire at passing aircraft, balloons, birds,

liveleak: anonymous has the password to the video feeds and control sequences of the milssiles on rooftops - it's 0000 - just will not release the control IPs

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

liveleak: anonymous has the password to the video feeds and control sequences of the milssiles on rooftops - it's 0000 - just will not release the control IPs

that password kept our nuclear icbms safe for years, i'm sure it's robust enough for some limey roof rockets

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

that password kept our nuclear icbms safe for years, i'm sure it's robust enough for some limey roof rockets

well i mean even if you knew the launch codes, its not like you could just go to https://www.launchanuke.com and mash some keys

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

bring back olympic potato sac racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

cool, you got my post