Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Of course I'm an rear end in a top hat. We're all assholes. That's like the point of the thread.

And he's not a friend. He's just some loving jackoff I know from high school.

Should have read more if he didn't want to get spoiled. Bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zalmoxes posted:

I've spoiled these books for a lot of people on the internet because I don't give a poo poo if some guy in Ohio is mad at me. Spoiling your friends is terrible though.

"Friends" on Facebook means you met that guy some time at that thing a few years ago and he added you.

They're not like actual people, which is why spoiling them is fine.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

"Friends" on Facebook means you met that guy some time at that thing a few years ago and he added you.

They're not like actual people, which is why spoiling them is fine.

This.

Also it encourages the philistines to read.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I disagree with spoiling others because in the long run, it's less satisfying. Their reactions when it happens on the show are much more extreme and long-lasting. Besides, when you spoil someone it just makes them mad at you. When they get to see it happen or read about it happening, it makes them mad at GRRM, and I thought that's what this thread was about; spreading the hatred of that absolute fucker.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Anyone dumb enough to broadcast that they're reading these books to the internet and aren't done yet doesn't really have an excuse. This isn't a "Well...what were you wearing?" victim blaming situation. This is a "you wandered into the lions cage carrying a dead gazelle" situation.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
Spoiling books for people is really funny.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Just started reading this series a couple months ago and finished the last book today for the first time, having avoided any mention of it online for fear of spoilers. Upon finishing I had to come find this thread to say one thing.

What a load of goddamn loving horse poo poo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
On its release day "Snape kills Dumbledore" as the name for FYAD was the best thing ever.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Captain Mediocre posted:

Just started reading this series a couple months ago and finished the last book today for the first time, having avoided any mention of it online for fear of spoilers. Upon finishing I had to come find this thread to say one thing.

Welcome friend.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Captain Mediocre posted:

No that was Dany's poo poo, not a horse's.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

No that was Dany's poo poo, not a horse's.

In the Dothraki Sea, it's hard to tell.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

In the Dothraki Sea, it's hard to tell.

Not really. Horse poo poo is grassy and firm.

Dany's danys are watery.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Dany's danys are watery.
To be fair, I don't think Gurm's described horse poo poo (thus far), so for all we know it's yet another thing that works differently in ASOIAF.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

To be fair, I don't think Gurm's described horse poo poo (thus far), so for all we know it's yet another thing that works differently in ASOIAF.

I hope it glistens. :allears:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I hope it glistens. :allears:
I'm not sure why Gurm passed up the chance to say that Dany's diarrhea glistened in the moonlight. I mean, it seems like that would be pretty obvious.

And if the show doesn't have anything glistening, manhoods or otherwise, I will be sorely disappointed.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Now that I'm up to speed, whats up with a kingdomful of adults going bonkers for a nursery rhyme about a bear.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Captain Mediocre posted:

Now that I'm up to speed, whats up with a kingdomful of adults going bonkers for a nursery rhyme about a bear.

Wouldn't you be excited if a song about a bear raping a maiden were socially acceptable?

(That is what the song is about right? I sort of skimmed over that part cause songs in fantasy books give me gas.)

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
Before dance came out and those chapter summaries spoiled that hodor dies, I spoiled it on my buddys status about dance and he thought I was loving around. Of course hodor didn't really die so he doesn't know I actually meant to ruin the book for him, welp that's my story try the veal

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

crazypeltast52 posted:

Edmure's wedding, but that presupposes that Tullys are people and can thus be wed.

You will not insult the Blackfish like that.

Though since he is a flaming queer, he probably wouldn't get married anyway.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The Unnamed One posted:

You will not insult the Blackfish like that.

Though since he is a flaming queer, he probably wouldn't get married anyway.
Well, he actively rejected every attempt Hoster made at getting him married, so...

Greatbacon posted:

Wouldn't you be excited if a song about a bear raping a maiden were socially acceptable?

(That is what the song is about right? I sort of skimmed over that part cause songs in fantasy books give me gas.)
I didn't think about it that way before. I guess it foreshadows Jorah eventually giving up on the whole Nice Guy thing and taking what he wants with fiyah and blud. I can't wait to see the fans try to defend him.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
There is nothing that Jorah can do that would make him uncool after his nipples on a breastplate scene.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rape Jake. posted:

There is nothing that Jorah can do that would make him uncool after his nipples on a breastplate scene.

You just know GRRM laughed his creepy, squeaky laugh when he wrote that.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Rape Jake. posted:

Your name has never been more apt :allears:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

You just know GRRM laughed his creepy, squeaky laugh when he wrote that.
Was he ever not squeaking while writing ADWD?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Greatbacon posted:

I almost have pity for the jerks who have to "read" the audiobooks now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYhX75yB0fc

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Urdnot Fire posted:

Your name has never been more apt :allears:

Was he ever not squeaking while writing ADWD?

The poor chair under him sure wasn't.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Captain Mediocre posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's their "Master of Puppets". The noblest of mosh pits.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

I almost have pity for the jerks who have to "read" the audiobooks now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYhX75yB0fc
The audiobooks also had BryEEN.

IRQ posted:

The poor chair under him sure wasn't.
Assuming he didn't just sit on the floor or on a bean bag chair or couch.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Greatbacon posted:

I thought it was about eating pussy with the whole "licking the honey from her hair" line.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I understand when Dr. Kylaer was delivering babies a while back, he whispered the Call to WILDCARDS in the ear of every newborn.

There is no new book to be written,
And Robb dies at the Red Wedding

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

savinhill posted:

I thought it was about eating pussy with the whole "licking the honey from her hair" line.

Your girl should probably see a doctor.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

I'm not sure why Gurm passed up the chance to say that Dany's diarrhea glistened in the moonlight. I mean, it seems like that would be pretty obvious.

And if the show doesn't have anything glistening, manhoods or otherwise, I will be sorely disappointed.

I dug this up within this very thread, some future Wild Card thought to write this:

Bad Thread, Sixth of it's name posted:

The poo poo flowed like honey, briefly catching on the platinum hairs just starting to cover her womanhood before it softly fell upon Daario's glistening manhood.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

ugh i might finish reading the last two books gently caress

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Just read case studies of Bangladeshi toddlers dying of ameobic dysentery. It'll be better written and have a conclusion!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Just for the record, I am publishing faster than GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM and I have to do actual studies and poo poo first.

Science itself moves faster than one fat fucker writing fantasy trash.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Yesss, Jaime is about to go on his epic journey from simple douchebaggery to awesome pimp with a gold hand. :allears:

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

empty sea posted:

Yesss, Jaime is about to go on his epic journey from simple douchebaggery to awesome pimp with a gold hand. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lz3lAd2nGQ

if this is ever not funny well i just dont even know

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

It manages to convey so much in such little time. Witness character growth! Or would that be character reduction? It's hard to say.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It's growth in quality at the expense of quantity.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

I'm still completely loving confused about the Talisa/Jeyne thing. All I know is that Robb will make the worst loving decision possible. Talisa has a great sob story that makes Robb's bedroom eyes glisten with desire, but I dunno about those hips, girl.

I miss Jeyne. Has Grey Wind growled at Talisa? I need to know the status of Grey Wind. Dire wolf cockblocking y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Dany's danys are watery.

I'm not some Dothraki savage so I wouldn't know