Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
^^^ That sounds very intereasting, I will be sure to check it out in the future when I need a new show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Archer2338 posted:

(Jamesman, where are tho?)

I'm here, but I can only do spotlights for shows I've seen.

Anyway, the reminder was brought up in the IY2 thread, but it should be mentioned here as well. Google's K-Pop concert is tonight, being streamed on YouTube at 10pm EST.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
http://www.youtube.com/user/MBCkpop?v=-HCiUIB-S9c

Let's get this party started.

I've never watched any of YouTube's live events before, that I can recall. Hopefully it'll be pretty smooth.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

What's funny is I live about 5-10 minutes away from the venue and if you go north aof where I am for about 5 minutes, it's cold and cloudy.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
That is a very huge venue and it is very full. This is delightful.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Sloppy opening MCs.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
They have experience hosting music programs, but it's gotta be pretty difficult having to act as PRs for a new joint venture for two big businesses, in a live event broadcasted live across the world. I'll forgive them.

It's War motherfuckers.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

At least when they're performing, they're doing something they've done thousands of times. Talking in front of that many people, well... However when they look that good, I don't really care. :v:

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

Jamesman posted:

That is a very huge venue and it is very full. This is delightful.

Kpop concerts are actually tremendously fun in person. I went to the SMTOWN event with my fiance at Madison Square Garden. We got super-cheap tickets (~$10) and had a great view. It was packed and ridiculously fun, even though the crowd was all sorts of crazy - lots of rabid tweens and teens. Felt like the 90s boy band craze again.

But it was awesome in every single way.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Aww, Thunder has a little Filipino accent when he speaks English too. :3:

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
Alone is a very, very good song.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

El Graplurado posted:

Alone is a very, very good song.

The cameraman really, really likes Hyorin.

I'm not sure who in Sistar speaks English, if anyone, so it'll be a fun surprise to see who greets the audience in English (again, if anyone).

Edit: Holy poo poo, Ma Boy with all four members!

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
It's getting a bit choppy for me now, anyone have a list of who's performing?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

jsun posted:

It's getting a bit choppy for me now, anyone have a list of who's performing?

Kara and MBLAQ already went, SISTAR is finishing up. f(x) is coming up.

Super Junior, TVXQ/DBSK, B2ST, Wonder Girls, SNSD still to come.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Jamesman posted:

The cameraman really, really likes Hyorin.

I'm not sure who in Sistar speaks English, if anyone, so it'll be a fun surprise to see who greets the audience in English (again, if anyone).

Edit: Holy poo poo, Ma Boy with all four members!

Welp Dasom was doing pretty good with that English monologue until she got to the 'So Koor' part at the end. :v:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

No way Kara does only 1 song. Outside of SNSD they're the biggest group right?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lyer posted:

No way Kara does only 1 song. Outside of SNSD they're the biggest group right?

Wonder Girls is there too. They're probably the biggest, since they've already broken into the US market.

We'll see if Kara does another performance or not.

f(x)! :neckbeard:

Selane
May 19, 2006

*Has no idea what's going on, does ten second closeup of Sooyoung sign during f(x) performance*

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
There are so many people in that audience that are gay for Amber.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Super Junior and TVXQ (aka the formidable DBSK) are also in attendance, and they're definitely the biggest of the boy bands (alone with SHINee and Big Bang).

I love how crazy the crowd becomes when Amber remotely comes near the front of the stage.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Well Amber is cool so why wouldn't you.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

f(x) owns. Luna killed it on Nu ABO.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't think we needed that informative popup to tell us this was a sad song that was meaningful to SunYe, YouTube.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 22, 2012

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

It's Tiffany and Ke$ha doing Run Devil Run

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh my God Seohyun playing guitar. :swoon:

So maybe the collab is SunYe and Seohyun doing a piece together after their solo stages.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
haha that bald white guy is :stare:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, huh. The collab was... not a collab. It was just the two separate solo stages. What confusing wording.

At least Seohyun was there looking super cute as a rock girl. :)

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Well, huh. The collab was... not a collab. It was just the two separate solo stages. What confusing wording.

At least Seohyun was there looking super cute as a rock girl. :)

That part was...odd.

Kara killing it right now though.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
"Flying Duck" is trending on Twitter. :shobon:

So is "Kara - Lupin"

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

She should do it. Who knows when she'll find another person that actually remembers who she is.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ouuu SNSD, the feed is starting to poo poo out though.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
I like Seunyeong. I know nothing about her apart from her smiling big and being a serviceable part of Kara, but she does those things very well.

This show just made a Beast fan out of me. That Fiction song *chef fingers to lips mwah kiss*

e: oh here we go. and it's the english language version. they did the Korean version for the Australian concert.

El Graplurado fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 22, 2012

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

This song is so boring.

ChevyY?
May 11, 2006

He may be small but only in size.
Tiffany's hosting definitely helped her improve her stage presence.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sooyoung and Seohyun speaking English makes me happy in the way that seeing kittens makes me happy.

Sucks Yuri and Yoona couldn't make it. THERE'S some English I would have loved to have heard.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ou Mr. Taxi, I did not expect them to do this one.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Their mics appear to have poo poo themselves.

I kinda want source images of the video game versions of them in the background there.

ChevyY?
May 11, 2006

He may be small but only in size.
Anyone else notice those two old ladies sitting in the crowd? That makes me happy knowing they came out to watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sohee :swoon:

If Jo Kwon doesn't show up during this, I will be sad. I know it won't happen, but still... it should dammit.

• Locked thread