Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
For some reason I find Cake Boss kinda annoying on CBB but I really like him on DLM. Maybe it's because I'm endlessly entertained by Doug making him repeat his name.

Cake...

bosscakeboss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I would love to hear a DLM where the guests are PFT doing his Ice T impersonation, and the actual Richard Belzer.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I just listened to the 420 show and was rapidly vacillating between thinking it was really funny and just infuriating how every single person apart from Doug was basically braindead.

Although every time "we will Pete Holmes" was recalled I really laughed.

I also can't make up my mind about Cakeboss because I think it's really unfunny and lame until I'm listening and then I say "Cakeboss" to myself out loud for days afterwards.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm listening to the 420 show and it's basically amazing I dunno what everyone is on about. It's like a bunch of friends loving around but all of them are comedians

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

I was so close to living the DLM dream last night. I went to Doug's stand-up show here in Atlanta, and while I didn't get picked (despite having the largest and best name tag there) one of the categories was "5 word review" which I would have known in 0 names. Oh well...He did announce that he would be doing a proper taping of DLM in Atlanta on the 18th, and I got tickets to that, so maybe I'll get picked then...

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Yeah.
One Word Review turned out to be an impossible category and that sucked.

I also would have known that one with 0 names.

Emmitt Nervend fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 7, 2012

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
sir dameAndrew Loydd Webber is the best PFT character because he is pretty close to regular PFT.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It must be so fun to play Loydd Webber. I mean who doesn't want to let go now and then and just be a smug prick and get away with it scot free?

By smug prick I obviously mean a hilarious one, as I also think Loyd is the best PFT character.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

New episode.
Bobcat Goldthwait, Jimmy Pardo, Paul Scheer and Morgan Murphy

It's bullshit. <:mad:>

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's bullshit. <:mad:>

Total bullshit :argh:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
"The poo poo of HORSES!" as PFT would say.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I hungered for games. :(

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The ABC game is kinda fun though. Still: bullshit!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Guess the audience is supposed to tell Doug when his guests have talked for too long?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No LMG?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Bullshit, but I gotta say I really wanna see Planet Of The Chicks now.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I want that Planet of the chicks podcast-tableread. Or any other terrible script.

Just grab one of the billion terrible scripts, get 4-5 funny people and have them read it. I would listen the poo poo out of that podcast.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
A table-read of "Planet of the Chicks" would be amazing.

Those of you who skip the "rental car" episodes should know Doug began including the one-on-one Len Maltin games, audience member against Doug's opener, in the second half of the podcast (starting with today's episode).

I'm not sure if it's any good yet, but I figured the Len Maltin fans would like to know regardless of how good the episode is.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I was happy to see an episode that wasn't bullshit plopped in my RSS.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Levar Burton -> Star Trek: Generations -> Malcolm McDowell
Malcolm McDowell -> Caligula -> Peter O'Toole
Peter O'Toole -> The Lion in Winter -> Katharine Hepburn

:smug:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

funnily enough, Patrick Stewart was in a remake of The Lion In Winter. Doesn't help towards the game, but I enjoy it as a thing.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I cannot believe that Doug Benson will be 50 in a month in a half :psyduck:

It makes no sense to my brain, he does not look or act anything over 35? I guess smoking a shitload of weed forever keeps you young?

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING

Olewithmilk posted:

I cannot believe that Doug Benson will be 50 in a month in a half :psyduck:

It makes no sense to my brain, he does not look or act anything over 35? I guess smoking a shitload of weed forever keeps you young?

You are blowing my god drat mind. That's insane! I was positive he was under 40 as well. Maybe I'll never really grow up either.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Guys, he was an extra in Blade Runner.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

HateTheInternet posted:

Guys, he was an extra in Blade Runner.

And Captain EO.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Not exactly a DLM episode, but the new Benson Interruption is available. Greg Proops, Kumail Nanjiani, Brendon Walsh and Harris Wittels. :aaa:

Edit: with suprise co-interrupter Jen Kirkman.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 17, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Quick Review: Proops rambled without going anywhere, Wittels should have been on longer for tweet-off (suprise), Walsh was average, Kumail was great. Kirkman was a good co-host.

The guest list didn't live up to what I was expecting, but still it was a pretty good episode.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I love how Reggie Watts is everyone's last movie date, and two of them he got high.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I get the impression that if you spend longer than one hour in Reggie Watts' company, he will try and get you high.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Natalie Morales is awesome. I hope she does the show more often.

I may be biased since I'm one of the 5 people that saw The Middleman.

Wuphons Dream
Mar 29, 2007

Re: the show on Saturday with Graham Elwood, David Huntsberger and Joe Pettis, who has the annoying falsetto giggle?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Pretty sure it was Pettis.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Natalie Morales is awesome. I hope she does the show more often.

I may be biased since I'm one of the 5 people that saw The Middleman.

I loved the Middleman and I hope she winds up doing the circuit of podcasts

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Wuphons Dream posted:

Re: the show on Saturday with Graham Elwood, David Huntsberger and Joe Pettis, who has the annoying falsetto giggle?

Wait, there was an episode Friday and Saturday?
Awesome! Another free DLM! let's hop on iTunes and grab i-

:stare:

Well, poo poo. Doug released ANOTHER free episode on Monday. David Huntsberger, Jared Thompson and the winner of the Rental Car Len Maltin game, Jon Casali.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Wuphons Dream posted:

Jesus Christ, that was the worst. And he laughed at everything. It was actually making me angry, and I really hope he is never on the show again.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Doug was right when he said this was the most annoying episode to listen to, but for the wrong reason. Having an annoying laugh is one thing. Laughing at everything that's being said, including when you yourself are giving a number of names in the LMG is unbearable.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The new game ("ABCDeez Nuts") is really really loving boring. I thought Build-A-Title was bad, but this is just utterly pointless and repetitive. I hope he doesn't keep doing this game every episode.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

FitFortDanga posted:

The new game ("ABCDeez Nuts") is really really loving boring. I thought Build-A-Title was bad, but this is just utterly pointless and repetitive. I hope he doesn't keep doing this game every episode.

It'll probably go til he loses (:haw:) but I also like the fact that people get tripped up on some really easy letters. I don't think anyone's lost on Q or X, it's always a letter with thousands of options.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I only wish that people would stop saying name it with all the names or 8/9 names. Drives me nuts every loving time

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I only wish that people would stop saying name it with all the names or 8/9 names. Drives me nuts every loving time

It was pretty awesome with TJ Miller and Pete Holmes (Not sure why Doug was complaining about that episode, it was fantastic). But yeah, for the most part, it's a really dumb move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FitFortDanga posted:

I tuned out and never want to hear it played again when in 543 Doug said 'The' titles count as 'T'. gently caress off with that bullshit.

• Locked thread