Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
That Ghostbusters part was too much for me. I could not stop laughing. From now on, these romance scenarios will always be in the back of my head when I'm with a premium bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

No Jake/Dirk shenannigans I guess!

The pictures Dirk draws of Jake and himself are simply too disgusting to show us.

They put their human lips together!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Jiminy Jesus Jackrabbit Christ, this might just be my favorite "can't-stop-laughing" update since penis ouija rolled around.

quote:

uu: MAKE HER DO THE THING. THE SHAMEFuL THING WHERE SHE RuBS THE ROSE ON THE HER FACE.

"ON THE HER FACE" is a glorious usage of double article that I can't get over.

All these drawings. I can't deal.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody needs to avatar-ize the gif where Dirk is drawing with his chin on his off hand, looking bored as gently caress.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

quote:

uu: MAKE HER DO THE THING. THE SHAMEFuL THING WHERE SHE RuBS THE ROSE ON THE HER FACE.

I could have sworn this was going to lead into Jane singing Kiss From A Rose, which made the Ghostbusters panel all the more special.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Factory Factory posted:

Your eyes.
Are an ocean.

Your breasts.
Are also an ocean.

Poetry.

They say to write what you know, and Dirk sees exactly one thing when he looks out the window :v:

Anyway I've probably been rocking this punishment av for long enough, but I can't really put text to a Sawtooth avatar until we hear him say something. Could I reserve the one that's a close-up of his face for now?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It's hard to feel threatened by uu anymore.

But then again we said the same thing about Eridan!

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Well that was a quick payoff for those rockets in Past Dirk's room.

Also whoever said that Cotton Candy scribble from [S] Roxy: Ride was probably drawn by Dirk for uu's game (I think someone here said that) wasn't too far off base.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Great update. I like that Dirk is going to extra trouble that uu doesn't even notice. Like when he edits out the butt COP, he changes "human wink" to "humane wink".

Desfore posted:

That Ghostbusters part was too much for me. I could not stop laughing.

I made a laugh so high pitched and impolite at that, that I think I maybe have scared my neighbors. I think it can only be described as a cackle.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I was kind of wondering if uu would suddenly and unexpectedly ask Dirk to do something he was actually uncomfortable with. I mean the joke here is that uu is treating this like it's some desperate Saw scenario where he'll kill a hostage unless Dirk debases himself, but it'd be a little humanizing if it turned out there was something Dirk was uncomfortable with and uu tried to convince him he really was in a position to kill his sister if he didn't cooperate.

I don't know, maybe he asks for Jake and Dirk together and inadvertently asks for something that actually sounds romantic. It'd be a neat little subversion of his apparent general ignorance and patheticness to start homing in on something Dirk may possibly care about, although it'd have to be an impressively-worded request to penetrate Dirk's irony shielding. Just asking for them making out wouldn't do.

I guess this scene isn't quite over yet since there's no "uu ceased jeering TT", so maybe it's got something left to give. While lots of fun the last three pages or so feel a little extraneous unless they're build-up to another punchline. A Dave-Tavros style turnaround would also be fun.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

That was beautiful.

Dolash posted:

I guess this scene isn't quite over yet since there's no "uu ceased jeering TT", so maybe it's got something left to give. While lots of fun the last three pages or so feel a little extraneous unless they're build-up to another punchline. A Dave-Tavros style turnaround would also be fun.

If Dirk continues the way he's going, that's exactly what we're going to get. :getin:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, and if the "shared body" thing needed any more evidence...

quote:

uu: BONDING.
uu: IS THE LAST loving THING WE NEED TO DO.

edit: tumblr homestuck schizophrenic ahpoordogsbody thinks the "double roses" and "ghostbusters" panels foreshadow Roxy making a Rose-sprite from paradox-slime she got earlier.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

loquacius posted:

They say to write what you know, and Dirk sees exactly one thing when he looks out the window :v:

Anyway I've probably been rocking this punishment av for long enough, but I can't really put text to a Sawtooth avatar until we hear him say something. Could I reserve the one that's a close-up of his face for now?

Just have the title text be "And It Don't Stop".

Alternatively: Pretty much anything from that entire comic.

e: the best bbcode to gently caress up with

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 24, 2012

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wrist Watch posted:

Too many letters, better abbreviate. Make the title text be AIDS and nothing else.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's hard to feel threatened by uu anymore.

But then again we said the same thing about Eridan!

I was just thinking the same thing. He feels like a mash up of a bunch of trolls actually, some Equius, some Karkat, even a little Terezi.

At first I thought that would make him a fun bro, but then I remembered how easily Trolls can go psycho.

Now I'm thinking this will all end in bloodshed.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And Nic Cage makes his triumphant return to Homestuck.

Also, Sawtooth's body seems to not quite fit what I thought it would look like after the previous frame.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

And Nic Cage makes his triumphant return to Homestuck.

Also, Sawtooth's body seems to not quite fit what I thought it would look like after the previous frame.

I think the speakers-slash-missile batteries are supposed to pop in/out as needed. Sawtooth is a transformer (he transforms into an even awesomer Sawtooth.)

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bobulus posted:

edit: tumblr homestuck schizophrenic ahpoordogsbody thinks the "double roses" and "ghostbusters" panels foreshadow Roxy making a Rose-sprite from paradox-slime she got earlier.

The entire reason she's playing is to resurrect her mother, I think. And it nicely mirrors the reason why Rose was playing (to resurrect Jaspers)

Gabriel Pope posted:

I think the speakers-slash-missile batteries are supposed to pop in/out as needed. Sawtooth is a transformer (he transforms into an even awesomer Sawtooth.)

If you look at the last panel where he is floating in the sky with his cloak down, then there is no room for the missile batteries, so yeah they just pop out when needed I think.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

DaveKap posted:

And I guess I'll take any requests too...
I... I may have overdone things here...

Animated Jake eating a baby with Roxy looking on in horror.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

quote:

I might splinter.
But I don't break.

Did these lines jump out at anyone else? I know it's easy to start thinking every little thing is important in the comic but these lines seem to be particularly foreshadowing. After knowing about AR and Jake's dreambubble version of Dirk, I wonder if we're going to see even more Dirk offshoots.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me!

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah

loquacius posted:

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me!

Check out kid-brazen,
Just laid down his five bucks,
It don't seem to faze him,
With whom does he gently caress.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

voting third party posted:

Did these lines jump out at anyone else? I know it's easy to start thinking every little thing is important in the comic but these lines seem to be particularly foreshadowing. After knowing about AR and Jake's dreambubble version of Dirk, I wonder if we're going to see even more Dirk offshoots.

You know in really old-timey cartoons, where a character would get hit, divide up into a bunch of tiny versions of themself, that run all over the place and then reform into the original? That's the godtier Prince of Heart ability.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Baron La Croix posted:

Check out kid-brazen,
Just laid down his five bucks,
It don't seem to faze him,
With whom does he gently caress.

Groove: SHAKESPEARE
Shade: PROSTITUTION

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gabriel Pope posted:

It was more the "Speedo + kneesocks" thing he's got going on.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah

Wrist Watch posted:

Groove: SHAKESPEARE
Shade: PROSTITUTION

Better listen up wench,
Check my elocution,
You're left warmin' the bench,
While my flow be Confucian.

Yo wack skills be heinous,
Y'all reduced to prostitution,
Rammed up the Coriol-anus,
Just for the cost-of-usin!

You a milk-livered knave,
So here's my solution,
Collect up all the fucks that you gave
Get thee to an institution!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You're yelling up at my window
Over title attribution
All that you'll get herein, though,
is a golden ablution

Now the thread sees dilution
From our family feud
This Capulet-slash-Montague-tion
Leaves all comic-chat screwed

I got freedom from Reply-All
thanks to Hussie's contribution
Then your whining and your cry-bawl
Gave us all this noise pollution

So you think you're Stelth's Romeo?
He'll accept no substitution?
Well just check yourself, homie-yo,
All I say's you can blow me-yo,
Hunker down on my dome, yo
'Cause your flow is Lilliputian!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Not to interrupt the rap-off, but this series of updates kind of made me giggle like a little girl. Jesus. I'm considering getting the Cage 'boner' avatar if nobody else takes it by payday and I can spare the cash.

VERY COOL MAN fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 24, 2012

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah

Now here's my confusion -
All yo' rhymes be homogenous!
While my potency's proven,
You be Tight-rear end Androgynous!

All your verbal pollution,
Back in yo pie-hole I'm stuffin'
Sum total of your constitution:
Much Ado About Nuthin'!

Brought to court for yo wack-breath
Case for the prosecution:
You as guilty as Macbeth
Charged with rhyme devolution.

Is this a dagger before you?
Naw, just my sharp retribution.
Y'all be and not be, too
hosed like Henry IV, part two
But here's one thing that be true-
All's well. Resolution.

edit: So how about that uu, huh. He pretty crazy.

Baron La Croix fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 24, 2012

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
Shakespearean rap battles is the best way to derail a thread :allears:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Silva posted:

Shakespearean rap battles is the best way to derail a thread :allears:

Yes but it needs to be shaken up a bit.

Shade: JAZZ

Personally I'm wondering how Dirk and Roxy are going to enter the medium with this poo poo going down. Jade and Jake need to set up their server clients asap. Or is it the player installation that starts the countdown? Either way, they need to set down poo poo and make those cylinder things and what not. That stuff takes time.

I've been reading that guide someone posted, and now I want a game based on sburb.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

One more, I promise.

Settle down this com-moo-tion,
y'all just lend me your ears,
I plan to end my persecution
I come to bury La Croix's dumb rear

If one play described your stoogin'
It'd be Richard the Third
Giving good taste its execution
to be made King of the Turds

You cause ear-pain for more fake power
Without hope for absolution
Locked Prince Hip-Hop in the Tower
It's a wackness revolution

All these poo poo rhymes' distribution
Which I read on my computer
Needs my help for dissolution:
Call me Henry Fuckin' Tudor. :smug:

...yeah I refuse to continue this derail unless someone at least gives us a new shade :colbert:

e: dammit too slow :argh: Whatever, I'm not rewriting it. :colbert:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The thread has broken down. It is now an act of true whiteness.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 24, 2012

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

mfcrocker posted:

Animated Jake eating a baby with Roxy looking on in horror.
Y'know, I felt like I was missing something...
or if you wanna use pink text also the framing for this made me laugh

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 24, 2012

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaveKap posted:

Y'know, I felt like I was missing something...
or if you wanna use pink text

There is a part of me that wishes I'd waited until those existed to get a new avatar. I don't think I even would have had to get in a rap battle over them!

another part of me really wants to read Richard III again now

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
This update makes me wonder just how many subtly different illustration styles have been used throughout Homestuck. There's gotta be at least six or so.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dirk is left-handed. Sawtooth has bright red rocket pchoooes. Double little-r roses echoes the possibility of double big-R Roses. B2 has no cotton candy, even though it proceeds from an attempt to impose the culture of A2 onto the culture of B1, and both of those had cotton candy (recall Terezi's repeated surprise at the common incidence of cotton candy, orange creamsicles, and the Grim Reaper - "TEREZI: W3 M1GHT 4S W3LL B3 TH3 S4M3 D4MN SP3C13S!!! >:D").

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm thinking that this set of uu pesterlogs needs a dramatic reading, it would be amazing.

I feel obligated to do more because I didn't get to "the good part" but I'm also bad at making entertaining words come out of my mouth.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I feel obligated to do more because I didn't get to "the good part" but I'm also bad at making entertaining words come out of my mouth.

I sound less monotone reading off orders over a radio. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:golfclap:

Beautiful.