Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Ive been AA grinding my shaman while my 2 box rogue catches up. Then with them both at about 68 my plan is to start in the Vergield Mines and get to 71 for the first big AA grind. Im tentatively aiming for 300 or so in this initial push for them both.

I was lead to believe 71 is best first stop as it opens up the next tier of AA abilities.

I will have to make more of an effort so that all of us new returned 65+ players can team up and get caught up quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

Don't buy MC. Before Out Of Combat regen I would have called it overpriced. With OOC regen it's a waste of AAs except as a pre-req for good AAs.

The AAs I'd worry most about for casters early on are the quality of life AAs line innate invis, exodus, spell gems, and the first few levels of crit AA where the return on AA spent is much better than later levels.

Really? There are something like 33 levels of that. Obviously, the AA investment would be huge, but surely getting a persistent +30 or more mana per tick in this era of the game's evolution is impactful?

Then again, what would I know? I'm still in that mentality of 2003-2004 when every little point of mana regen was as precious as a virgin in a brothel.

In response to the above poster ^^^^^, I'm keen for anything. I have my 65 1.0 epic druid on Luclin and in the guild now, and my bard (who has his 1.0) is up to 67 now. I'm still trying to hunt up my paladin, who is also 65 and has the 1.0 epic (and possibly my wizard, same situation) and if I can get him to Luclin then, with a rogue, wizard, and cleric merc, I will have a really well balanced full party for multi-boxing. If I can't get the paladin, then I may considering PLing an SK. I've always wanted to play one of those (and yes, I know that they require 4 trillion AA in the end game). I'd also like to play a ranger, but I really need a true tank.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

Really? There are something like 33 levels of that. Obviously, the AA investment would be huge, but surely getting a persistent +30 or more mana per tick in this era of the game's evolution is impactful?

Then again, what would I know? I'm still in that mentality of 2003-2004 when every little point of mana regen was as precious as a virgin in a brothel.

There's also another 35 ranks of Expansive Mind. Each level of either gives you 10 mana per a minute. Having both maxed is 680 mana per a minute.. Not counting either of those, my self buffed mana regen with a group wolf form is 190. On raids it's something like 400. Seems like a decent amount? One tick of OOC regen is 2178 mana for me. You're never more than 3:30 from full mana in the group game. And the full range in those two AAs is going cost in range of 500 AA or more since I forgot when they start costing 10aa per a level.

The druid black/white wolf forms will give you much more duration mana regen plus mana preservation plus crit boost for fewer invested AAs. The two FT AAs are worth buying once you get to around 4000-4500AA. I'll be around 7500 before I start considering the last 5 levels in each of them.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Can someone invite me to the guild?

edit: thanks guy

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 20, 2012

Sadkitten
Dec 19, 2006

I dont like the way that sounds, not at all!
This thread convinced me to give EQ another go, its been 1o years. Ive spent the past couple of weeks getting a 3 box combo up, right now Im at 62 SK, 62 Bard, 66 Necro. In as Baruma and Peppor, currently living in The Hole, where should I head to for easy triple boxin?

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

Sadkitten posted:

This thread convinced me to give EQ another go, its been 1o years. Ive spent the past couple of weeks getting a 3 box combo up, right now Im at 62 SK, 62 Bard, 66 Necro. In as Baruma and Peppor, currently living in The Hole, where should I head to for easy triple boxin?

Read a few posts up, but Blackfeather Roost is awesome XP in the low to mid 60s, particularly for AAs. Loot is pretty good too.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

If you got 3 boxes going you could probably handle pofire c1 till about 70 or so then move to c2 at 71 and get a thousand aa's in no time.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Is it cool to talk about nostalgia in here aswell? My first experience as a 9 year old non-native english speaker is my trying to ask a guard how to exit the city, not realizing it was an NPC, and not realizing I didn't press down the enter key, prompting the guard to open a can of ELVEN STEEL on my scrawny high elven cleric rear end as soon as I hit the "a" because I was an idiot and thought I needed to type /say. This was back at launch day in 1999. The next thing I know, I respawned outside of the city, and a dude came up to me and handed me a pretty good (IE: Better than my mace) staff and some plat. He became my first internet friend. Wherever you are today Tunabrine, I loving love you.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
My first newbie moment was being in a panic because I was out of drink and could not figure out how to drink.

Many years before I quit I was a L65 bard and handing out goodies and mentoring new bards throughout the innoruuk server.

Now, I'm a frustrated L72 beastlord who hit the wall on exp. Going from half a level per session to half a yellow per session is quite humbling. I actually leveled a mage to duo with the beastlord so I could use a cleric merc along with the mage's pet and damage shield.

I guess it's time to spend time in the Hole.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Keith Stone posted:

My first newbie moment was being in a panic because I was out of drink and could not figure out how to drink.

Many years before I quit I was a L65 bard and handing out goodies and mentoring new bards throughout the innoruuk server.

Now, I'm a frustrated L72 beastlord who hit the wall on exp. Going from half a level per session to half a yellow per session is quite humbling. I actually leveled a mage to duo with the beastlord so I could use a cleric merc along with the mage's pet and damage shield.

I guess it's time to spend time in the Hole.

I'm actually considering something similar. I have a 65 druid and a (now 67) bard, two classes that complement just about anything else. With a tank merc and a healer merc, that's a pretty good quartet. However, I am considering leveling up a tank class (probably an SK - I'd like to do a ranger as well, but they just aren't sturdy enough) to work with them. I thought about it, and I'd say that an SK, Druid, and Bard PC's, all in the mid-60's with, say, a cleric, rogue, and wizard merc in tow would make for a very well-rounded group.

I know that a lot of people would want to ask how I intend to slow mobs, and bards actually have quite a good slow song. It's mana free, but it does have a rather short duration. I would quite like to play a shaman at some point, though - they sound fun.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
My shaman has been slowing less and less every level. With J1 tank and heal merc and a boxed rogue, about all the sham is for is keeping haste and maw up on tank and rogue. Though I do keep the AE slow for emergency use. The exception being some of the nostalgia bosses where a debuff+slow makes them much more manageable

Even with overwhelming adds I amlost always can get the rogue and healer merc camped out before tank merc eats it then relog in and summon corpse away for free rez :)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Sgt Froggy posted:

Nostalgia Bosses

There are a few old dragons I would like to go pimp-slap for revenge purposes, like that prick Talendor (I think?) in Skyfire, or that that ugly bugger that would always conveniently be at the druid port-in in that one jungle zone (whose name escapes me at the moment) and would aggro every time I would port in.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

There are a few old dragons I would like to go pimp-slap for revenge purposes, like that prick Talendor (I think?) in Skyfire, or that that ugly bugger that would always conveniently be at the druid port-in in that one jungle zone (whose name escapes me at the moment) and would aggro every time I would port in.

I debated doing velious giant city for my leveling just for all the time spent in there raid grinding faction. But instead I went and walked all over BoT, Storms, and Disease castle :) I remember failing horribly several times on grumis for the key when the druids didnt dispell enough and the disease dot ate a cleric or five.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Sgt Froggy posted:

I remember failing horribly several times on grumis for the key when the druids didnt dispell enough and the disease dot ate a cleric or five.

I recently moloed that sucker with my Beastlord and cleric merc around 70.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

Wuoshi, he is a static spawn who sits at the druid/wizard port in Wakening Lands.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
My wife gave me a great idea for a alt.

In game currently as Kahlowie. Soon to be Kahlowie Kardashian, the female ogre shaman. Anyone got a pair of size 22 heels?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Double EXP this week(end)!

quote:

Starting at 12:01 pm Pacific (Noon) on Wednesday, May 23, 2012, and lasting until 11:59 pm Pacific on Monday, May 28, 2012, we'll offer a Double Experience in EverQuest! Take advantage of this special extended Double Experience Weekend and watch those XP bars skyrocket!

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

jetz0r posted:

Double EXP this week(end)!

If we then burn adventure pots does this =4x exp? heck even just 3x would be outstanding.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
So after wrecking Blackburrow revamp for about a week, I put a lot of items from there in the guild bank. They are 71 Req / 76 Rec and have slightly better HME than Elegant, plus heroic stats and some clicks / procs. Also a bunch of Glowing Athlai which you can turn in to a gnome in PoK for stuff. Bracers can be cycled to him as well for different focus.

I have copies of a lot of the stuff languishing on various bots, so if you need more than one of something in the bank, ping me and see if I got more.

With the double XP (plus enchanter aura at 76 :woop:) I'm gonna push on 80 today and tomorrow, might be doing some Cazic-Thule and I'll get the even better Glowing Othni stuff as well!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I just joined up on Luclin. I have the distinct honor of playing Everquest since the day it was released way back when. It's so different now, jeez. I had stopped playing like 6 years ago. As far as it goes now, I have a rogue named Jastiger. Who should I talk to for goon guild?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Sgt Froggy posted:

If we then burn adventure pots does this =4x exp? heck even just 3x would be outstanding.

From my experience (hah) it's actually +100% per bonus, so it'd be 3x. Lesson will also stack with the double xp bonus, but I don't think it stacks with xp pots.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

Pilsner posted:

From my experience (hah) it's actually +100% per bonus, so it'd be 3x. Lesson will also stack with the double xp bonus, but I don't think it stacks with xp pots.

From the general world babble, it seemed that the general agreement was in the 250% range for lesson. And just under 300% with a pot solo due to exp capping. In a boxed team my rogue saw about another doubling of exp with pot running. Went from about 2.5% to 4-5% per kill on even con to 64.

One thing I did learn though, even boxed 68 and 66 is too low to travel too deep into paw yet. Got two extras and they destroyed my merc. Better than the springs however, so I will most likely head back.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Like a lot of things, only 1 spell effect can modify Exp and only the highest will apply.

Lesson is Increase Experience Gain by 100%, while potions effects vary from 10%-25%-50%-100% and the enc aura is 5/7/9%

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Jastiger posted:

I just joined up on Luclin. I have the distinct honor of playing Everquest since the day it was released way back when. It's so different now, jeez. I had stopped playing like 6 years ago. As far as it goes now, I have a rogue named Jastiger. Who should I talk to for goon guild?

Look for anyone in the guild "Ominous Latin Words". I think everyone can guildinvite.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Edit: Nevermind, read wrong.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I joined up and had a blast with some guildy goons. Level 30 in one night. I remember it taking me like 6 months to do that back when the game was first out. Hah.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Yeah I joined up and had a blast with some guildy goons. Level 30 in one night. I remember it taking me like 6 months to do that back when the game was first out. Hah.

I was level 45 for two years. gently caress EQ.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Any chance we could get some officer types on to promote people? Bunch of new additions can't get stuff in/out of vault cause of access restrictions.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Hoohah posted:

Any chance we could get some officer types on to promote people? Bunch of new additions can't get stuff in/out of vault cause of access restrictions.

Not sure if I have to be online for that but if someone does log in and promote people, please do it for me as well (chunkles).

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Promotions are in, go nuts on that bank.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Please promote Jastiger rogue too! I'm not after a lot, but I'd at least like to check it out:D

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I wasn't in game long but I think I managed to promote anyone at the lowest rank who had been in game at all the last few weeks. If I missed anyone I'll actually be playing tomorrow and will check again.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
Maybe we should bump a few more people up to officer rank since the bulk of you twats are sucking the Diablo 3 penis.

I need a suggestion on a place to do mass killing for AA and cash farming. I'm still doing ok at 71 on the captain level of Blackfeather, but the XP wouldn't be that great if it wasn't double XP weekend. The money is fantastic, but the AAs don't come as fast as they did 5 levels ago. I can't mass slaughter in steppes or sunderrock the way I did there, more than 2-3 mobs at once is slow and painful because of how hard they hit and the amount of health they have.

Is there somewhere old world where things are around level 65ish and arent ramped up quite as high as TSS mobs? My usual technique is round up 5-6 things, get the tank on them, and use a comination of damage shields and rain spells to burn them down. Plane of Fire maybe?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Ylide posted:

Is there somewhere old world where things are around level 65ish and arent ramped up quite as high as TSS mobs? My usual technique is round up 5-6 things, get the tank on them, and use a comination of damage shields and rain spells to burn them down. Plane of Fire maybe?

Paw. Paw paw paw . . . paw. I wish I didn't pimp that place as much as I do, but paw is literally ideal for DS and rain spells because nothing there runs. You probably can't swarm it much at 71 but the xp there is great for the amount of effort you have to put in. Really easy learning curve there. Ask me in game on Xrec, Meepit or Krintix if you want to know anything specific.

Also Paw is far less overcamped compared to PoF.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
At 71 I would do the hole over paw. 71-75 I was all about paw, but 71 is the cutoffpoint in the hole where the courtyard camp still owns. Last time we had the 30% exp bonus I was getting about 18-21aa a lesson there. With this 100% bonus I imagine it'll be hella crowded, but then so will paw. If you're a mage then the anti-elemental stuff will probably rock paw though.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
I did pretty well in paw with my two today. Got them both up to 69 from 66 & 68. Just had to be more careful with pulling so as not to get more than 2 at a time incase something wandered into me before I was ready.

Though higher level of course would be better. Watched some sham/bard combo pull at least 30 mobs and then proceed to slowly pile up the bodies ;) Was quite impressive really.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Six box crew is at 80 and the alternate source of good drops I was going to use I can only do three times daily (Old Man McKenzie, I highly recommend people give these a try if you're at 80, pretty good loot and kinda fun romp through Sol B and LGuk as they were a long time ago). Need something else to do besides simply grinding AAs, as that will make me go insane.

Current list is:
1) Finish 2.0s
2) Finish DoN progression up to Vishimtar
3) Get the ogre familiar
4) Unlock J5 for giggles?

Anything else I should look at? SoF face aug maybe?

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I burned out at Paw so I headed over to Dragonscale Hills. The farm camp is rather nice and the three quests related to cleaning the farm (kill x mobs) net an AA per quest. Since you can run all three concurrently, you just farm the farm and then go update the quest for an AA on top of the mob exp.

Last night was an awesome night for me. I have been trying to get to 75 so I could equip my pet weapon from PoF and was not looking forward to 73 to 75. Last night an invite to a group ended up with 5 PCs and a cleric merc. This is the Blue Frost guild. Their 95 guildmaster came in and I was assuming my exp was over. I was wrong.

The guildmaster told me "back up kitty!". So I just used my warder. She proceeded to pull crazy 30 mob trains and in the course of 2 hours I made a level and a half.

I now have my PoF weapon, a nice stat 24/21 parrying dagger for my offhand, my new pet is a L75 warrior, I have a 3K DD poison nuke plus several new dots, an upgraded heal, an additional swarm pet plus my PoF swarm pet, a new mana regen group spell, and a ton of OMG.

Ever had that moment when your character turns a corner and turns into a bad rear end? That was me after I turned 75. My DPS has gone way up.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Keith Stone posted:

Ever had that moment when your character turns a corner and turns into a bad rear end? That was me after I turned 75. My DPS has gone way up.

Yesterday I hit 80 while talking on the phone and forgot that I had filched an agro sword from the guild bank that I could finally use at 80. Once I remembered and put that on, my warrior literally doubled output.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75824

to

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=92865

Alternately once my rogue maxed out DPS AAs at around 70, she started doing 50% of the group's damage. 75% or more if I used all the abilities and/or discipline.

Now that all of my melee bots have abilities, if I blow everything at once, I go from 2000 group DPS or so to about 6K for 30 seconds. Its kind of hilarious to watch things explode when I do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
These lessons you speak of, what are they? I too would like to double my XP gain. My rogue is currently only level 30, but I'd like any boost I can!