Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Everything went fine with the JB on both my Ipad 3 and 4s, but now I am unable to connect to anything with my mywi hotspot. Is anyone else having this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Nam Taf posted:

So apple's pushed a no-number-change update to 5.1.1 GSM iphone 4's. I can't confirm if it breaks the JB or not but given it doesn't revise the number, I doubt it. I don't take any responsibility if it does, though.

You can't update to it once you're jailbroken, so if you have balls of steel update to it first then try the JB. If you do, let us know if it works!

sn0wbreeze fails on it since the program/scripts look for 9B206 5.1.1, and it find the number 9B208 instead.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!

Xenomorph posted:

sn0wbreeze fails on it since the program/scripts look for 9B206 5.1.1, and it find the number 9B208 instead.

It would be hilarious if that's the only thing apple changed.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
I've just now plugged my GSM iPhone 4 into iTunes for the first time in a long time, and the "Wanna update?" prompt came up, I said yes, and it's currently downloading iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The 2.0.1 update fixed all of my issues. Hooray!

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
iPhone jailbroken! No problems other than it insisting my Apple ID was wrong (it wasn't). Now hurry up and download the drat packages Cydia my eyes are starting to hurt without my precious f.lux :cry:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Turns out forgetting about this dropping until nearly midnight was great. Using v.2.0.1 the whole process went smooth as pie. It's weird when you're jailbreaking something, and your largest complaint is "why the hell can't I cmd-Q this thing to make it go away."

Didn't even erase my phone! I think this might be a smoother jailbreak than that pdf/safari exploit one, from ages ago.

Now to try and remember what I missed from the jb, besides flux and the ability to quickly turn off wifi.

Ninja edit: Restarting a phone after jailbreaking it: still a good call. I guess if you went and restored from your backup, you'd end up restarted anyway.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
Anyone tested 3G speed before the jailbreak? My 3G is crazy slow compared to when I was on 5.1 tethered. I just did a few head to head tests with my friends phone an every site I tried loading his phone smoked mine by like 2 minutes. Both iPhone 4. mine is 5.1.1 jail broken and his is whatever the latest 4x iOS was jail broken. I tried resetting network settings.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

This worked for me:

code:
sudo /Applications/Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe-10.6

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I am on version 9B208, and Absinthe fails with "unsupported device"

Edit got the "old" IPSW, will test downgrading.

drewmoney fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 26, 2012

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004
Anyone having lots of issues with cydia apps on an iPad 3? I can't tell if everything needs to be updated or if I hosed up somehow. Everything else is golden though, no issues outside of that

Edit: specifically I'm having issues with emulators, the adx ones and scummvm. Haven't tried too much else

granpa yum fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 26, 2012

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Well this was sort of weird.

I had a jailbroken iPad 2 with FolderEnhancer installed. Then I got an iPad 3 and restored it from the iPad 2 backup, but obviously I was no longer jailbroken, until today.

Well, after I installed FolderEnhancer on my iPad 3, all of my apps and folders got put back to how they were on my jailbroken iPad 2. Any app that I downloaded after getting my 3 just got dumped out randomly to my home screen, but everything else got moved to where it was located on the 2.

So I guess that jailbroken data was still sitting on my 3 this whole time despite not being jailbroken. Crazy.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

I need help finding an App. I have an iPad 1, and I want what's on my iPad screen displayed on my computer monitor in real time. With the correct cables, WindowOut mirrors the iPad display, but this isn't exactly what I want. Is there some App that will show my iPad display on my computer monitor in a type of "windowed mode", without taking over the entire display? Basically, I want to use it like a tablet for writing and drawing.

Edit: I know there's another thread for this, and I guess I'll post my question there too, but doing this on an iPad 1 definitely requires the device to be jailbroken.

Chakron fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 26, 2012

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Just like the 5.0.1 jailbreak, I've had icon corruption & white icons a dozen times already. Searching for a fix has been nothing but a headache. All I can find are the most non-scientific, idiotic "fixes". Many people recommend random programs that don't do anything but respring the device.

Also, MyWi is apparently busted on 5.1.1.

It is slow and unresponsive, and when you enable the hotspot, it never passes data to clients.
It's not just me, as I found others asking about here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/native-iphone-ipod-touch-app-discussion/806264-mywi-not-working-iphone-4-a.html
http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/235025-absinthe-5-1-1-mywi-5-50-11-a.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/u5364/mywi_wifi_not_working_anyone_else_511/

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Xenomorph posted:

Also, MyWi is apparently busted on 5.1.1.

PDANet works if you need tethering right now. TetherMe made my iphone 4 reboot whenever I tried to turn on tethering.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here's an odd one: On the Photos app when browsing my Camera Roll there's a "Downloading 1 of 2". Except it's not downloading anything and I have no idea why it's there.

Ah gently caress it, I already lost my data yesterday, might as well start fresh on both devices and do a better job backing poo poo up from now on.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 26, 2012

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hi guys. noob questions here (please be gentle.)

I got an ATT 3GS for my wife in 2009. I sim unlocked it with whatever method and sat on it for a few months until the Spirit jailbreak method came out. I was so happy I even donated to muscleNerd. Good times.

Since the phone was heavily mod with winterboard and customized icons I never bothered to upgrade it. The OS is on 3.1.3 and (don't know if it matters) modem on 5.12.01

Now I want to upgrade and jailbreak it to a reasonably modern version of iOS. What version do you recommend? Do I have to worry about losing sim lock after upgrade?

Thanks you a millions time. Here is a picture of my wife so you know I do it for the woman!

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?

Xenomorph posted:

Just like the 5.0.1 jailbreak, I've had icon corruption & white icons a dozen times already. Searching for a fix has been nothing but a headache. All I can find are the most non-scientific, idiotic "fixes". Many people recommend random programs that don't do anything but respring the device.
I fixed my white icons using SBSettings:

Open SBSettings >> More Options >> Dock Applications >> Fix Blanks

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Mix posted:

That literally is a respring. And if it's not, it acts the same and takes just as long.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So how's emulation on the new iPad? What emulators can it run and how well?

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Disregard everything I've ever posted.

If I have an iPhone 4 I bought locked to Rogers, had unlocked to use on Telus, and then update using iTunes (thus updating the baseband or whatever and making it look for a new SIM on the setup), would a Rogers SIM work just fine in the phone?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Xithyl posted:

If I have an iPhone 4 I bought locked to Rogers would a Rogers SIM work just fine in the phone?

I'm not an expert on unlocking, but I removed what appears to be the irrelevant parts of your post

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wow I was thinking of getting SBSettings again just so I could turn off wifi from the pull-down notification menu but holy poo poo activator fucks up the home button even more than it ever did before. Oh well, so much for that.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Just jailbroke my New iPad, installed some of the usual suspects - activator, springtomize, sbsettings, multiconmover...

Something is causing a blank panel to come up when I bring up the app switcher - as in, there is a blank page between my running apps, and the page with brightness/volume and it pops up first every time. Has anyone else seen this / any guess which jb app is the culprit?

Thanks!

Edit: Turns out it was Springtomize. Under the App Switcher settings, a custom number of icons were set to display - no matter how many icons were set to show, it wold add a blank page unless that option was turned off.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 26, 2012

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Dr. Mix posted:

- Doesn't actually fix anything related to icon corruption (nothing "behind the scenes" changes related to the issue).
- Is just as temporary as all other "fixes" mentioned, because it does nothing to stop a white, blank, or corrupted icon from appearing again - even immediately after the respring!
- Only appears to fix something because it does a respring. It would just be quicker to go to SBSettings -> Respring.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I jail broke my iPad 3 last night without a hitch. It was brain dead simple, those who hosed it up either don't get it or don't read instructions.

Anyways, chastising aside, everything has been smooth but my settings icon turns into a blank white icon every now and then. It's pretty inconsistent and will fix (or unfix) itself at random. That tells me that it's a problem you should probably just suck it up and get over. Based on what I've read surrounding the issue on others sites, it doesn't seem like its worth the headache trying to fix.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

What do I need to do to get my jailbroken 5.0.1 4S upgraded and rejailbroken?

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

What do I need to do to get my jailbroken 5.0.1 4S upgraded and rejailbroken?

All I did was update without a reset and then jailbreak, no problems so far.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

Awesome. What are the options for "backing up" Cydia downloads?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

Awesome. What are the options for "backing up" Cydia downloads?
Reading the OP. apt-get/backup.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm not an expert on unlocking, but I removed what appears to be the irrelevant parts of your post

I just figured the unlocking to be used on another carrier, and then updating via iTunes, would have some relevance. Bah.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zigmidge posted:

I jail broke my iPad 3 last night without a hitch. It was brain dead simple, those who hosed it up either don't get it or don't read instructions.

Shut the gently caress up. There are lots of variables that aren't accounted for. Furthermore, if you jail broke last night you used an updated Absinthe that most of us didn't have for half the day.

rear end.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Zigmidge posted:

It was brain dead simple, those who hosed it up either don't get it or don't read instructions.

You're aware that they didn't update Absinthe mid day for no reason, right?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Also, while the jailbreak itself is pretty simple, 5.1.1 sent my 4S into a recovery loop that took me a couple hours to get out of.

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

Wow I was thinking of getting SBSettings again just so I could turn off wifi from the pull-down notification menu but holy poo poo activator fucks up the home button even more than it ever did before. Oh well, so much for that.

Checkout NCSettings, I like it a lot better than SBSettings.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm really paranoid about updating and then jailbreaking because a while back on my old 3GS I updated to 5.0, it couldn't recover the data from my 4.x backup, and then it made a new backup of the completely fresh and empty 5.0 install and purged my 4.x backup.

So now before every little thing I make a manual copy of the backup folder.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
Are cydias servers still being hammered? People are saying that they have installed sbsettings but im getting 500 internal server errors all over the place. I think I must have tried a hundred times over the last 24 hours. I'm starting to think maybe my cydia install is broken.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Denim Dude posted:

Are cydias servers still being hammered? People are saying that they have installed sbsettings but im getting 500 internal server errors all over the place. I think I must have tried a hundred times over the last 24 hours. I'm starting to think maybe my cydia install is broken.
It's everyone. Took me about 10 tries to download something earlier.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Denim Dude posted:

You're not the only one. It took me hours to get all my old stuff installed yesterday and more tries than I'd like to admit. I'd give it another 2 days before the servers stop getting pounded into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
Is there an app like Overboard that lets you actually launch your apps from the zoomed-out/tiny-icon home screen?

• Locked thread