Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've now Jailbroken:

My iPad 3
My iPhone 4S
My Wife's iPad 2

And when I try my wife's iPhone 4 (not 4S) Absinthe says "Sorry, this device is not supported."

Any ideas on what I might be missing? I did an iTunes update to 5.1.1 for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HorseDickSandwich posted:

Checkout NCSettings, I like it a lot better than SBSettings.

Well fuckin' A! Thanks!

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

Feenix posted:

And when I try my wife's iPhone 4 (not 4S) Absinthe says "Sorry, this device is not supported."

Any ideas on what I might be missing? I did an iTunes update to 5.1.1 for it.
5.1.1 9B206 or 9B208? The latter won't work with Absinthe yet/now.

See deathmerc's post one page back as well as Nam Taf's here.

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 26, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Tapedump posted:

5.1.1 9B206 or 9B208? The latter won't work with Absinthe yet/now.

Ahh poopy. Forgot about that. That's right.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Denim Dude posted:

Are cydias servers still being hammered? People are saying that they have installed sbsettings but im getting 500 internal server errors all over the place. I think I must have tried a hundred times over the last 24 hours. I'm starting to think maybe my cydia install is broken.

I had luck with letting it finish whatever it could grab, and then adding the program to the download queue and then downloading the queue.

Maybe it was dumb luck, but it worked every time for me.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

I installed NCSettings but it doesn't seem to do anything. Nothing shows up in the notification drawer. Do I need to have SBSettings installed ad well or something? I've rebooted twice

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

the talent deficit posted:

I installed NCSettings but it doesn't seem to do anything. Nothing shows up in the notification drawer. Do I need to have SBSettings installed ad well or something? I've rebooted twice

Did you enable NCSettings in Notifications? Settings -> Notifications -> Enable NCSettings.

I checked it out and while it's really nice, I feel like I'm missing some stuff like my RemoveBackground toggle.

Edit: Does anyone know a way to dock apps like in SBsettings? I don't feel safe having iFile on the Springboard where people can easily see it.

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 27, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy Cats! NCSettings is sweet!

I just need a good app for hiding icons and I can remove SBSETTINGS altogether, I think.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feenix posted:

Holy Cats! NCSettings is sweet!

I just need a good app for hiding icons and I can remove SBSETTINGS altogether, I think.

You can download Poof by itself. Which is what I did because NCSettings is much, much better.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Anyone know how much better emulators are on the new iPad? Any way to connect my ps3 controller to it, or is it just Wiimote?

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

So how's emulation on the new iPad? What emulators can it run and how well?

I haven't found any that work yet although I've read that snes4iphone works. Haven't had a chance to try. I've tried snes and genesis ADX, scummvm, psx4all and gpSphone and all either crash or fail to load roms. Not sure if it's a 5.1.1 issue or the ipad.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can download Poof by itself. Which is what I did because NCSettings is much, much better.

Is there any way to respring via NCSettings?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dirtyfrog posted:

Is there any way to respring via NCSettings?

Yeah, Respring, reboot, and power off are under Power.

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?

Anyone know how much better emulators are on the new iPad? Any way to connect my ps3 controller to it, or is it just Wiimote?

I love GBC.emu for all your Gameboy Color needs. It is incredibly polished, fast, and customizable.

I am convinced any of the .emu emulators are the best you can get on Cydia. The developer still actively updates and fine tunes his emulation platform.

I bought gpSPhone (Gameboy Advanced) and I am not pleased with it. Good news: It runs Pokemon and there is sound. Bad news: The portrait layouts are annoying. There is very little customization and it tends to crash.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
My 3g problems continue. 90% of the time safari doesn't even load a page, it just times out. I jailbroke first with absinthe which is where I noticed the problem. Then I restored to stock and tried sn0wbreeze. I was having a problem there where cydia apps would just close immediately. That's not good. So I restored back to stock and did absinthe again and now my 3g problems are back. Anyone else having problems like this? Any solutions? I have all kinds of 3g bars, and a data ip shows up in sbsettings.

Edit: I erased network settings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Denim Dude posted:

My 3g problems continue. 90% of the time safari doesn't even load a page, it just times out. I jailbroke first with absinthe which is where I noticed the problem. Then I restored to stock and tried sn0wbreeze. I was having a problem there where cydia apps would just close immediately. That's not good. So I restored back to stock and did absinthe again and now my 3g problems are back. Anyone else having problems like this? Any solutions? I have all kinds of 3g bars, and a data ip shows up in sbsettings.

I believe I am experiencing the same situation. Lots of times when I was out today I couldn't get Internet over 3G on my recently jailbroken 4S. As soon as I hit a wifi I'm good to go. Even right now in my house where I have a microcell, if I turn wifi off on my 4S I can't load anything.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Feenix posted:

I believe I am experiencing the same situation. Lots of times when I was out today I couldn't get Internet over 3G on my recently jailbroken 4S. As soon as I hit a wifi I'm good to go. Even right now in my house where I have a microcell, if I turn wifi off on my 4S I can't load anything.

I may or may not have fixed it using these instructions

http://www.iphonetechie.com/2009/10...ution/#more-594

It's working now but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It was working intermittently before too. I'll just have to wait and see. The good news is it didn't break anything.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, Respring, reboot, and power off are under Power.
doh, hadn't noticed you could scroll to a second page of icons.

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

dirtyfrog posted:

doh, hadn't noticed you could scroll to a second page of icons.

You can also go into the Settings app and select which toggles you want, and change the order for NCSettings to display. Just drag the ones you don't want under "Off" in the settings.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Denim Dude posted:

Denim Dude posted:

I may or may not have fixed it using these instructions

http://www.iphonetechie.com/2009/10...ution/#more-594

It's working now but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It was working intermittently before too. I'll just have to wait and see. The good news is it didn't break anything.

sorry to quote myself but this seems to be working fine for me. Anyone know why? Is there a way to reactivate my phone with att using the standard apn? I have plenty of bars and a 3g data ip but without this apn hack a page will only load 1 out of 10, maybe 20 times. I'd rather not have to use this hack. Is there some file I can delete on my iphone to force it to "reload the apn" (probably not the right terminology) with att or something?

jtsold
Jul 6, 2004
dlostj
I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 today for the first time. When I did so, it showed it as recognizing an iPhone 3,3; but it went through just fine without any hiccups. I've also been unable to download certain apps from Cydia which are labeled as requiring iPhone 4+. Any thoughts on why this is or how to fix it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Because of this updated 5.1.1 that messes up Absinthe 2.0 is there a way around that by maybe downloading the GOOD 5.1.1 IPSW or something?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Feenix posted:

Because of this updated 5.1.1 that messes up Absinthe 2.0 is there a way around that by maybe downloading the GOOD 5.1.1 IPSW or something?
I can't check from my phone but you should be able to get it from the firmware section of jailbreakmatrix.com. The one you want is 206 and the one you don't is 208. Those numbers should be in the file name for the firmware.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Xithyl posted:

I just figured the unlocking to be used on another carrier, and then updating via iTunes, would have some relevance. Bah.

I don't think so... I think that the unlock just gets around the normal lock and when you reset the phone the normal lock goes back into effect.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, that's just my understanding of how unlocking works v:)v

jtsold
Jul 6, 2004
dlostj
I show 98B06.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Option-Restoring the proper IPSW (even if you already got the newer/bad update) totally worked!!!

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Feenix posted:

Option-Restoring the proper IPSW (even if you already got the newer/bad update) totally worked!!!
oh poo poo I didn't even ask if you had already updated to the newest 5.1.1? That's cool you were able to downgrade that's probably going to be good news to some people that thought they were screwed.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago
Just re-jailbroke after updating and cant remember the name of the app that puts your sbsettings toggles in your multitasking bar. Anyone remember what that is called? (Not SBSwitcher as that is old a depreciated)

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Also are the Siri extensions worth it, and if so, which ones? I've been out of the JB game well before the 4s's were out.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Does anyone know of a way to alphabetize the items in your folders?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Also are the Siri extensions worth it, and if so, which ones? I've been out of the JB game well before the 4s's were out.
SiriToggles is the one I'm using. Stuff like "turn off wi-fi" or "set volume to 50" work great. Haven't had much luck with launching apps though.

Edit: "launch awful" works. I was sticking the word "app" in there and getting the response, "sorry, I can't find that app".

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

9B208 works with Absinthe now... this is my first Jailbreak of my Sprint 4s. Cross your fingers for me.

The Fuzzy Hulk fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 27, 2012

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Folks with iPod Touches should be careful. For some reason the Absinthe I got at greenpoison didn't have the package for iPod Touches; only the one I got at the Jailbreak Matrix website (the red window inside the Absinthe 2.0.1 article) did.

Once I got that one I was able to easy peasy JB my iPod Touch 4th Gen.

Edit: drat, what was that Cydia package that gave you the little red skull and crossbones to kill all apps simultaneously after you hit Home twice?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Is there a way to remove or otherwise change the character limit on folder names?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Binary Badger posted:

Edit: drat, what was that Cydia package that gave you the little red skull and crossbones to kill all apps simultaneously after you hit Home twice?

KillThemAll or something like that. I'm away from my devices right now, so I can't check.

Edit: vvv Ignore me, this is it.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 27, 2012

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

KillThemAll or something like that. I'm away from my devices right now, so I can't check.
KillBackGround

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

9B208 works with Absinthe now... this is my first Jailbreak of my Sprint 4s. Cross your fingers for me.

Now I have no service... an ideas?

edit system restored and working sweet

The Fuzzy Hulk fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 27, 2012

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Jose Valasquez posted:

I don't think so... I think that the unlock just gets around the normal lock and when you reset the phone the normal lock goes back into effect.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, that's just my understanding of how unlocking works.

Can anyone answer this? Pertinent information to me so I can sell this phone since I upgraded to a 4S.

:)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Xithyl posted:

Can anyone answer this? Pertinent information to me so I can sell this phone since I upgraded to a 4S.

If you use iTunes to restore - the full wipe and OS-flash - you should end up with a clean, stock phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Xithyl posted:

SLOSifl posted:

If you use iTunes to restore - the full wipe and OS-flash - you should end up with a clean, stock phone.

This is correct. When you jailbreak your phone, you exploit the currently running instance of iOS and use that exploit to place data and apps on your phone. If you restore through iTunes, you'll effectively install a new instance of iOS with a clean slate.

• Locked thread